Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi All,

Well I am still waiting for the passport picture from my SO. He forgot to put it in the envolpe when he sent me back his G325A. It has been almost 3 weeks! We are going to plan B....he is getting them re-taken today and is sending them up with someone he knows that is coming back up on Sunday...then they will just mail them from the US. Does mail from JA usually take 3 weeks? I just want to get our papers filed so we can get on with this process!

Anyways good morning everyone..hope you have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend.

We send and get mail from JA. Ours averages 8 days either way. That is regular, drop in the mail with a stamp, mail.

For important stuff, I spring for UPS, although last time that was free cause they screwed up and had to refund me and ship my stuff free. Fools!

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hi all,

Okay I have an issue. My SO went to Kingston to pick up his police record the other day. Well he informs me yesterday that they left a letter out of his name. It should be Jeromie but they spelled it Jerome. Although he goes by Jerome, Jeromie is on his birth certificate. Anyway, I called NVC and they stated that it may make a difference because the CO at the interview may think its someone else or an alias...OMG, it seems the closer we get to this interview date, the more issues arise. I told him to call Kingston and inform them of the error and see if anything can be done without having to make another 4 hour trip. (doubtful)

I swear its almost impossible to stay sane going thru this process. Then to make matters worse, I call about not receiving my rebate check yesterday only to find out that it was mailed out but went to an address that was on file for my 2007 taxes which was incorrect. Wouldn't you know it, my taxes were prepared by someone else thru Taxact and direct deposited into my account. I went to retreive my paperwork and never paid attention to the address. Well they typed in the correct city,state, and zip but wrong street address.(which is partially correct) So this means that the 2007 tax info I gave my SO has an incorrect address. I did include previous years tax info,W2's and paystubs which all display the correct address. Now i'm wondering if this will make a difference. You would think, with all the mistakes the embassy makes, but it will be just my luck.

If I were you, I would get this one corrected. Reason being, Obamo (sp?) in the MENA section, who sometimes hangs out here, is having all kinds of trouble with the different spellings of Steven on her SO's stuff. Trace some of her posts back and bit and you will see. I would not risk this for the spelling.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Hi all,

Okay I have an issue. My SO went to Kingston to pick up his police record the other day. Well he informs me yesterday that they left a letter out of his name. It should be Jeromie but they spelled it Jerome. Although he goes by Jerome, Jeromie is on his birth certificate. Anyway, I called NVC and they stated that it may make a difference because the CO at the interview may think its someone else or an alias...OMG, it seems the closer we get to this interview date, the more issues arise. I told him to call Kingston and inform them of the error and see if anything can be done without having to make another 4 hour trip. (doubtful)

I swear its almost impossible to stay sane going thru this process. Then to make matters worse, I call about not receiving my rebate check yesterday only to find out that it was mailed out but went to an address that was on file for my 2007 taxes which was incorrect. Wouldn't you know it, my taxes were prepared by someone else thru Taxact and direct deposited into my account. I went to retreive my paperwork and never paid attention to the address. Well they typed in the correct city,state, and zip but wrong street address.(which is partially correct) So this means that the 2007 tax info I gave my SO has an incorrect address. I did include previous years tax info,W2's and paystubs which all display the correct address. Now i'm wondering if this will make a difference. You would think, with all the mistakes the embassy makes, but it will be just my luck.

TY'more;

It's always something. My address was wrong on my 2007 taxes. I don't think it matters, well, they never said anything to me about it at the interview. The police certificate is an important piece of documentation (even though it does not look like it) and they do look at spellings. My middle name is spelled Sranda and people are always trying to correct it to spell, Sandra. It happened the other day when I went to get our marriage certificate. If I were you, I would have him go back ASAP and have them correct it and see if he can get it the same day.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
JG..u a mess

TY.....leave it to JA to change ur name to someone totally different and then act like it's ur error..they piss me off :bonk:

Don't I know it. I'm surprised my head has not shot off my stupid neck from all the stress. I just called my car repair place. 2-3 days turned into 5 days of bumming rides and taking the bus. Finally, I can pick up the car this evening. One thing scratched off the list.

Tomorrow, I am going to Teavana and buy some tea that will hopefully chill me out.

This may seem like a stupid question, but, did HE check the form when he picked it up? Did he tell them right away?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

What about them shipping from JA to the US? How long have you found that it takes for that? It has usually been 2 weeks for me on that as well.

Hi Dillon;

For important documents I never ask people to send it by regular mail from JA. I don't want to risk things being lost in the mail or delayed in getting to me. I usually use DHL or UPS. When I send things home in expensive gifts I use global express or something like that from the local post office here in the states. It's not expensive and on average my people gets it within a week. I've never had any problems. On drawback, you can't track it and if it's lost...good luck getting it back.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
What about them shipping from JA to the US? How long have you found that it takes for that? It has usually been 2 weeks for me on that as well.

Hi Dillon;

For important documents I never ask people to send it by regular mail from JA. I don't want to risk things being lost in the mail or delayed in getting to me. I usually use DHL or UPS. When I send things home in expensive gifts I use global express or something like that from the local post office here in the states. It's not expensive and on average my people gets it within a week. I've never had any problems. On drawback, you can't track it and if it's lost...good luck getting it back.

We just got Sean Paul's (my nephew) birth certifate in 8 days. Not sure why we have such good luck out of the White Sands PO in Mo Bay. They are the bomb. I love those ladies.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

JG..u a mess

TY.....leave it to JA to change ur name to someone totally different and then act like it's ur error..they piss me off :bonk:

Don't I know it. I'm surprised my head has not shot off my stupid neck from all the stress. I just called my car repair place. 2-3 days turned into 5 days of bumming rides and taking the bus. Finally, I can pick up the car this evening. One thing scratched off the list.

Tomorrow, I am going to Teavana and buy some tea that will hopefully chill me out.

This may seem like a stupid question, but, did HE check the form when he picked it up? Did he tell them right away?

Well, JG -- you know I had to ask Marcel to check the spelling on all his documents AND YOU KNOW WHY :rofl:

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG...i feelur stress..thats 1 thing i hate is waiting for the mechanic..glad all is well now....

like i said leave it up to JA to mess things up

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
JG..u a mess

Well, JG -- you know I had to ask Marcel to check the spelling on all his documents AND YOU KNOW WHY :rofl:

I'm sorry.....I LOVE you to death.....and Marcel by default.........but, every time I think of that, I snort soda out of my nose. His parents should really be shot. That's just MEAN!

Does he have kids? There is no Jr., right?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

JG..u a mess

I'm sorry.....I LOVE you to death.....and Marcel by default.........but, every time I think of that, I snort soda out of my nose. His parents should really be shot. That's just MEAN!

Does he have kids? There is no Jr., right?

No, kids yet, well, one may be brewing :devil: .... and HECK NO ... on the Jurnior...Actually, HELLS NO!

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Dillon;

We just got Sean Paul's (my nephew) birth certifate in 8 days. Not sure why we have such good luck out of the White Sands PO in Mo Bay. They are the bomb. I love those ladies.

Thanks it always takes forever when he sends me something. Usually he sends it directly from the PO in Ochi but this time he mailed it from the PO up in the hills where he lives. Maybe that is why it is taking forever! He swears he mailed it. But his Aunt is coming back home on Sunday so she said she would carry it to his Mom who lives in the states and then mail it to me. I am sure to get it this time.

I am still hoping to be July filer.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Island;

Anyword yet?

Nothing. I religiously call our 202 friends every Thursday to be told try again next week. :whistle: I figure they are just waiting to finish processing Sunny's papers so we can have our interviews on the same day. :yes:

Welcome Kimcorene.

Are you related to TNW? She used all caps in her posts too.

JG!! :rofl::lol:

OMGOODNESS JG!!!! : :rofl::rofl: ...Don't let her scare you KC...It's just the way JG is...she says it the way she sees it!! And we love her for it!! Truss mi, when I say she don't mean nothing by it :lol:...She actually was quiet nice and rather subtle to some extent this time ( ;) nice job JG) :no: ...usually she'd just say ..."STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS!!!" :lol: :lol:

We are good peeps and JG is a REALLY good one...stick around...you'll see!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

I should say I am sorry. I've been crabby lately. And, yes, I was trying to be nice.

Tonisha is my friend out of public view.....I did tell her to stop the capitals cause I couldnt' talk to her anymore without getting a headache.

Hee....hee.....Gill!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jomo,

Let's not go there. I was so thinking the same thing, Like well, did you bother to check the police report before you left, but I didn't because he felt bad enough when he told me and I knew he had a lot on his mind so he probably wasn't thinking to check the form. Someone had broken into his store the night before and in the midst of all that he had to take a 3-4 hour bus trip to Kingston. But don't think for one minute I wasn't thinking that same thing...I wanted to say so bad, " well why didn't you check it before leaving the place".

Edited by TYMOORE

tymoore

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I should say I am sorry. I've been crabby lately. And, yes, I was trying to be nice.

Tonisha is my friend out of public view.....I did tell her to stop the capitals cause I couldnt' talk to her anymore without getting a headache.

Hee....hee.....Gill!

No prob Chica... I'd be crabby too and anxiously awaiting the 28th!!!! ;) Humph!

It's just funny how you get to know people once you've been around for awhile... I saw KC's caps and was like ...JG ain't gonna like this...how is she gonna get her point across...I was waiting for it... :pop::lol: :lol: Then when I saw your post it was like... :rofl: ...THAT'S MY JG ...always so delicate in her delivery! :no:

:lol: :lol:

Love you for being you Girl...don't change!

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.