Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ROXIE....mawnin...how you so quiet? MAKE some NOISE Roxie. How di hubby?

Update on my girlfriend.

She got back from Jamaica last night and I was right, she went down to get the business in order. Good thing his name was never attached to anything. Her husband has access to nothing. The only reason she's allowing him to stay in the family house is because 2 of his children live with him and they have a year left in school. After that, he's out. She says she has too much on her mind right now to be hurt. She wanted to forgive him with the advice of her pastor, but when she found out that the woman he slept with was only 19 years old -- THAT WAS IT! Her and the baby are fine. When she flew into Miami, she was taken to a room to be questioned, because she told them that she was 7 months pregnant and they didn't believe her. She asked them if she wanted her to do a strip search, but they said, no and let her get on her way to her connecting flight. She's invested so much time, money and love into this marriage and for it to end this way, but she says in the long run it would have cost her much more....peace and happiness.

That's good news Lawny. Another strong woman in this crazy world......

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Welcome Kimcorene.

Are you related to TNW? She used all caps in her posts too.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Island;

Anyword yet?

Nothing. I religiously call our 202 friends every Thursday to be told try again next week. :whistle: I figure they are just waiting to finish processing Sunny's papers so we can have our interviews on the same day. :yes:

Welcome Kimcorene.

Are you related to TNW? She used all caps in her posts too.

JG!! :rofl::lol:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Mawnin ladies --

Welcome KIMCORENE! You have found the right place.

LAWNY -- sorry to hear about your friend and what she's having to go through. But she sounds like a strong women, with her head on straight. Her husband sounds like a loser who will definitely get his just due. Does she have a cousin "Ray-Ray" in JA that can make a little visit to her husband ... okay just kidding (but not really :devil: )...

This week work has been kicking my #######!!! I'm supposed to be in the office right now, but have been online completing random projects for my client all morning. She emailed us last night at 7:30 to ask for us to revise a strategic plan and give it to her by 9 a.m. this morning. Then she emailed again at 10 pm about a whole different project that needed to be to her by, yes, 9 a.m. I hate being in client services at times like this. They can be so unrealistic -- doesn't she know that we also have a life or atleast trying to have a life.

OK, just needed to vent. Time for a shower and head into work for more BS. Thank God it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

Make it a great day ladies!

Timeline

I think we need to say some weather prayers this year. I don't know if any of you follow the Caribbean weather religiously; but I do. Tropical Weather Underground is a site I visit every day. Dr. Jeff's blog on there is the best. Right now, there are 4 active Atlantic storms. None are really of any consequence....well, except Bermuda got pounded with 4+ inches of rain recently. But, IMO, it's pretty scary. 4 active storms at this point in the season makes me fret.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ooops! So sorry- bad habit.

Hey Kim,

Welcome to VJ. What part of Florida are you?

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

07.12.07: Mail I-130 to CSC

07.24.07: NOA1

12.06.07: NOA2

NVC

01.04.08: NVC Assigns Case#

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Mailed out I-864 and DS230 (IV app) packets

04.09.08: NVC received IV Bill & DS230 packets

04.18.08: Case Complete

10.09.08: Medical Exam

10.24.08 : Interview

WE GOT APPROVED ... WE GOT APPROVE...THANKS AND PRAISES.

Filed: Timeline

Hey Kim,

Forbessssss I didn't know you were in Florida. I have a ton of family and I mean a ton of family in Pembrook Pines, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Orland, Kissimee, Jacksonville, Gainsville, lord the list goes on.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Morning all, and welcome Kim - you have definitely found the right spot - No matter how crazy you think you are, you are guaranteed to log in here post it, and have someone else go "Oh, me too!" The yardie thread is the sanity in this crazy process.

Lawny - sorry to hear with your friend, but glad to hear she straightened it out - as hard as it is, sounds like she made the right choice.

I just woke up - I am in the middle of a monster project at work, and my laptop died in the middle - so I borrowed one of the admins who is on vacation, and managed to get her AT&T link working.

Morgan Heritage played last night - Such a good show! I didn't think I could go, but then we had server issues and my universe won't be ready till after 2 today = So I sweetly offered to start work late so that I didn't charge too much OT on the project :whistle:

Morgan Heritage had a singer with them from Hawaii - her name is Irie Love - What a wonderful voice! I am off to Google her

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Mawning ladies, I as well have hella work to do and just havent been able to give myself a jump ...start since returning from JA. But alas, i have a community mental health audit coming thru, and am certain they will be pulling charts and reviewing service authorizations....so i need to get on the ball, for real. Hope everyone has a most excellent day.

Later,

Honey

Mawning ladies, I as well have hella work to do and just havent been able to give myself a jump ...start since returning from JA. But alas, i have a community mental health audit coming thru, and am certain they will be pulling charts and reviewing service authorizations....so i need to get on the ball, for real. Hope everyone has a most excellent day.

Later,

Honey

Later Honey;

Don't work too hard. I'm trying to play catch up too and I've been back for 2 weeks. I'm the only support person for 169 people, so they know that to push my buttons.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Hey Kim,

Forbessssss I didn't know you were in Florida. I have a ton of family and I mean a ton of family in Pembrook Pines, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Orland, Kissimee, Jacksonville, Gainsville, lord the list goes on.

Tre,

I lived in Miami Gardens (Miami) about 5 minutes from Pembroke Pines.

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

07.12.07: Mail I-130 to CSC

07.24.07: NOA1

12.06.07: NOA2

NVC

01.04.08: NVC Assigns Case#

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Mailed out I-864 and DS230 (IV app) packets

04.09.08: NVC received IV Bill & DS230 packets

04.18.08: Case Complete

10.09.08: Medical Exam

10.24.08 : Interview

WE GOT APPROVED ... WE GOT APPROVE...THANKS AND PRAISES.

Hey Kim,

Tre,

I lived in Miami Gardens (Miami) about 5 minutes from Pembroke Pines.

Okay. I love that area.

tep aff a mi name

ROXIE....mawnin...how you so quiet? MAKE some NOISE Roxie. How di hubby?

Update on my girlfriend.

She got back from Jamaica last night and I was right, she went down to get the business in order. Good thing his name was never attached to anything. Her husband has access to nothing. The only reason she's allowing him to stay in the family house is because 2 of his children live with him and they have a year left in school. After that, he's out. She says she has too much on her mind right now to be hurt. She wanted to forgive him with the advice of her pastor, but when she found out that the woman he slept with was only 19 years old -- THAT WAS IT! Her and the baby are fine. When she flew into Miami, she was taken to a room to be questioned, because she told them that she was 7 months pregnant and they didn't believe her. She asked them if she wanted her to do a strip search, but they said, no and let her get on her way to her connecting flight. She's invested so much time, money and love into this marriage and for it to end this way, but she says in the long run it would have cost her much more....peace and happiness.

That's good news Lawny. Another strong woman in this crazy world......

Tre, good morning to you too. My hubby and I are doing fine, I have been back from JA a little over 2 weeks now. I am having anxiety attacks over missing him. We cried on the phone together last, so he has just purchase me a ticket to return for a long weekend the first week of Aug. This time no one will know I am there and we will spend all of our time hold up together. This visa process will be the life of me. I don't like the separation part. My husband has stated many time, that I could just wait it out with him in JA. But as I explain to him I do have a career, and I need to work. All is well other wise, but I HATE being separated from him, but I quess the worse thing about this is allowing someone else (USA) making a decision on how my life will be palyed out in the next 12 months.

Roxcie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.