Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies,

I am at my wits end. I haven't been around the message board for a bit because I guess I was hoping I would have some answers or stuff would work, etc. It has been over two weeks since I've talked to my SO and I don't know what is going on or what has happened. He won't or can't take my calls. I've called cousins of his and friends. They were hopeful at first and said don't worry. One of his friends says he keeps trying to call him but is not getting through. I've asked his cousins to get me more contact numbers and they haven't called me back in a couple of days. I just don't know what to think......except that this has happened before.

We've known each other for over five years. We filed for a fiance visa back in 2003 but very tragically his oldest son was killed in an accident and my SO lost it which is understandable. He was all consumed with caring for his youngest son after that who was only 14 at the time and he cut me out and we broke up. During the last five years we reconciled and we were both ready to get married and make a life together so I filed for the fiance visa again.

Now we were as far as receiving Packet 3 from the embassy. My SO mailed in a form which I later found out was the wrong form, hence we still haven't gotten an interview date. Basically, my last conversation, as brief as it was, was that he sent in the wrong form. He didn't believe me. We made a date to talk later to go over the papers over the phone and make sure he gets the correct one sent off. He didn't answer my call. The next day I got ahold of him but he was busy so he said he would call me after church the next day. The next day he did not call and ever since I haven't gotten through to him.

I just can't believe we are so close and once AGAIN it seems he is losing it. More hurtful is that I just plain don't know what is going on. We didn't argue. No big drama.

May I request a prayer for peace with the issue and things to work out to God's plan. I honestly believed it was part of God's plan that he and I were together again. I haven't completely given up hope but it doesn't look good either.

Thank you all.

Oh Ms. Hellwig,

I am so sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers for a speedy resolution and the strength to handle it regardless of the outcome. I hope he at least opens the lines of communication again, that must be so painful!

You deserve so much more! Let him be...as much as you WANT him to WANT this ...he needs to WANT this for himself!

I know it is so difficult...but maintain your faith...Let go and let G-d work this out Chica!

Bless-ed love always,

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Folks,

I just found this! The most important part of this 'article' is the name on the bottom! Last year, I went crazy trying to find out who the hell was in charge of USCIS! It's under DHS, but someone there for the USCIS' directors name and they look at you like.... :huh: !

So for my Ladies that need someone to direct their letters, emails or concerns to here you go! Homeboy is BLOGGING!! :blink: Man, get off the computer han guh process some petitions!!!

June 23, 2008

Processing Questions

I’ve been reading—absorbing the more than 400 comments you left from my last Journal entry. You’ve asked many questions—mostly about our processing times, wait times for visa approvals, and how we’re responding to the record number of applications we received last year.

But most of all, you want to know when USCIS will complete your case. Let me try to address some of your concerns.

After visiting local USCIS offices around the country and reviewing our current production statistics, I am confident USCIS will beat our projected 13- to 15-month processing estimate for completing naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007—while we continue to improve processing times for other applications and petitions. Next month, we will provide you with a detailed report with updated processing times for all USCIS offices.

Our employees are hard at work every day, including evenings and weekends, processing files and interviewing applicants. The results of their efforts show tremendous productivity. I am optimistic that USCIS will exceed our goal of completing more than 1 million naturalization applications this fiscal year, which ends September 30, compared to last year’s 748,000 naturalization cases. And so far, applications received have been lower than normal this year. If that continues, we’ll bring processing times down further than we projected.

Many of you also asked about the processing times displayed at http://www.uscis.gov/, and why the dates sometimes go backward rather than forward. We estimate those dates based on a formula that calculates, among other things, the number of cases received within a defined period, how many cases we’ve completed during that time period, and how many cases remain in process that are [*] beyond our established processing time goals. Sometimes the flow of cases received and completed changes during a specific period in a way that shifts the date backwards. The processing timeframes shown on our webpage reflect applications just completed. So the page is only a tool for customers to estimate our current processing times.

In addition, the average processing times posted on our website do not take into account the many issues that may arise when a particular case is under review. For example, sometimes a USCIS officer may need to ask for additional information before a final decision can be made. If your case has been delayed beyond our posted processing times and you have not been asked for additional information, we encourage you to call our customer service line at 1-800-375-5283 to inquire about the status of your case. :blink:

Some of you also asked about the long wait for employment-based visas. The law limits how many people can immigrate in these employment based preference categories each year. That determines how many cases we can complete and often establishes how many new cases we can accept. To complicate matters, demand often far exceeds that supply. To assist applicants who are awaiting those visas, we will soon begin to issue Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) that are valid for 2 years for certain applicants who filed an application to adjust their status to permanent resident but are still awaiting an immigrant visa number.

Others have asked why petitions for their relatives take so long to process. Usually, it’s because an immigrant visa simply isn’t available. More than 1 million petitions to sponsor a relative are still awaiting visas. USCIS must manage our work based on the number of visas allowed by law. To change that, Congress would have to amend the law. No USCIS employee wants to keep a family apart or withhold proof of eligibility to work, but we must work within the requirements set by law.

Our current immigration system challenges us with backlogs on a regular basis. During the past fiscal year, we’ve begun to make improvements that will permanently eliminate future backlogs, including hiring additional employees, instituting new business processes and technology, and creating a new employee culture focused on professional training and development.

Will we succeed overnight? No. Making these changes—the right way—will take longer than my tenure as Acting Director. Nonetheless, we’re committed to making them sooner rather than later.

Thanks for taking time to read this entry.

Jonathan 'Jock' Scharfen

Acting Director, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Taken from the following website:http://www.dhs.gov/journal/leadership/2008...-questions.html

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Plus, a friend of mine JUST told me that she filed for her man in...GHANA!! :unsure::o She got an RFE...so she asked me to help her. I put her in touch with the VJ Ghana ladies...just for this reason!

Bless,

Gill

Oh Gill I hope your friend takes your advice and comes here - I have a friend who married a man from Ghana - they put them through hell - came back from the medical and said her husband has HIV - he does not! They had repeated independent tests done and finally managed to get past it, but it took almost 2 years after the interview and a lot of money to do it. If we think we have it bad compared to some, just read some of their threads = it's heartbreaking.

Morning ladies!

Will we succeed overnight? No. Making these changes—the right way—will take longer than my tenure as Acting Director. Nonetheless, we’re committed to making them sooner rather than later.

In other words - I am gonna make myself look good and get outta here before the changes are done, so that the blame will fall on someone else.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Plus, a friend of mine JUST told me that she filed for her man in...GHANA!! :unsure::o She got an RFE...so she asked me to help her. I put her in touch with the VJ Ghana ladies...just for this reason!

Bless,

Gill

Oh Gill I hope your friend takes your advice and comes here - I have a friend who married a man from Ghana - they put them through hell - came back from the medical and said her husband has HIV - he does not! They had repeated independent tests done and finally managed to get past it, but it took almost 2 years after the interview and a lot of money to do it. If we think we have it bad compared to some, just read some of their threads = it's heartbreaking.

Morning ladies!

In other words - I am gonna make myself look good and get outta here before the changes are done, so that the blame will fall on someone else.

Morning Fam,

That's how I read it too

I had the worst nightmare last night that I was feeding my dog Mckenzie to a dragon piece by piece while he squirmed in my arms. I woke up sobbing that I'm a horrible mommy. :crying:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: Timeline

Good Morning Ladies;

WAKEY; what the HELL did you eat for dinner last night to make you have a dream like that?

Well, you all know I had the day from hell yesterday. My co-worker spilled hot coffee on my desk and it I got didn't realize it but got burned a bit in the process. Now, I have blisters on my belly and my thighs and I'm getting married next week. My fiance dropped me at work this morning, he wanted to see who burned up is wife to be. I told him don't bother and to go home but he insisted. So, he's sitting here looking in my face. He's about to meet my co-worker and boy is he in for a surprise shsssssssss (don't tell him) my co-worker is a cross-dress and he's in the process of switching sexes. This should be a KODAK moment.

Sunny (call me when you get a chance)....I had to run to the doctor so link me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Good Morning Ladies;

WAKEY; what the HELL did you eat for dinner last night to make you have a dream like that?

Well, you all know I had the day from hell yesterday. My co-worker spilled hot coffee on my desk and it I got didn't realize it but got burned a bit in the process. Now, I have blisters on my belly and my thighs and I'm getting married next week. My fiance dropped me at work this morning, he wanted to see who burned up is wife to be. I told him don't bother and to go home but he insisted. So, he's sitting here looking in my face. He's about to meet my co-worker and boy is he in for a surprise shsssssssss (don't tell him) my co-worker is a cross-dress and he's in the process of switching sexes. This should be a KODAK moment.

OOOOOHHHHHH......not that long haired freak, I thought was you, Tre.....is it?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I have a question regarding the medical hopefully someone can answer. I read somewhere about a completed medical history form that needs to be completed. Is this med history form given out at the medical appointment or do I need to retrieve it from somewhere before the medical?

tymoore

Good Morning Ladies;

OOOOOHHHHHH......not that long haired freak, I thought was you, Tre.....is it?

No JG -- I still laugh about that. That guy is a prositute (high paid one) and I was told that he got busted in the park last week. This guy is my co-worker. The reason he fell yesterday was because his HEEL got snaged in the carpet. He says he has to dress and behave like a woman for a year before they'll do his surgery. Marcel is sitting her cracking up. We went for a walk this morning and well, you know the area.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

I have a question regarding the medical hopefully someone can answer. I read somewhere about a completed medical history form that needs to be completed. Is this med history form given out at the medical appointment or do I need to retrieve it from somewhere before the medical?

Hey Tymoore; our form came with Packet 4...but I didn't wait for that. I used the one I printed from the embassy site. The one they send you in Packet 4 is on legal size paper and the one you print on line is on letter size paper.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

THAT guy is higly paid? He must be very good at what he does....um, very very good....cause he sure don't look like much.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good Morning Ladies;

OMG..you have to tell us how he reacts when he meets co-worker..funny

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

THAT guy is higly paid? He must be very good at what he does....um, very very good....cause he sure don't look like much.

Well, he doesn't have to do much if you know what I mean. They told me what he was busted for and I wasn't surprised. Someone is paying him well, he looks like trash, but drives around in a $80,000 car. YUCK......YUCK........YUCK

OMG I wish I could post pictures of Marcel face each time one of my LOVELY and sweet .sweeetttt co-workers walk by

tep aff a mi name

Lawny,

Thanks for the info. Can I download it from the embassy website? Good thing I asked because my SO received his appointment letter from the embassy weeks ago but nothing else was in it...

Did he receive Packet 3? Sometimes it's in Packet 3.

Oh, I can't remember if I told you all that I received another Packet 4 on Monday. Got to love the Embassy in Jamaica.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

How does no one notice this WHEN it is happening?

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...lead/lead3.html

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.