Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sunnyja,

I definitely feel you on the money tip. I thought about trying to do a quick trip back for my SO's interview, but I know its not feasible. At this point, the medical still has to be done which is going to be some undisclosed amount until the actual day of the medical. Then he still has to go and pay the $131 for the visa fee as well..I told him to concentrate on getting those things taken care of and I will make sure the plane ticket is taken care of. GOD forbid all is said and done and he has visa in hand and we have no money for a plane ticket...This whole process will drain you dry. To bad I can't claim any of it on my taxes..:o)

tymoore

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I got an e-mail from Kingston today with a date to drop off the DS-230. "Well HELLO" Ray dropped it off Last Thurday.... I guess they were answering my 3rd request that I sent to them when I thought they were ignoring me. LMAO

What is it about JA men not wanted to be called a model. One of my friends said Ray is tall and has a nice build and maybe he should think about modeling. Ray was like mi nah batty bwoy..... He was angry and I was confused. :wacko:

Sunny - call the 202# to make sure they have the DS230 in their system. You can never double/triple check too much!!

I don't know about these men - I was on the phone with A last week and he started hollering at some man. When I asked what was wrong and he said the guy looked at him like he loved men! I was rolling but not missing the opportunity for some more reaction, I made some comment about packaging him up some vaseline.... :rofl:

They haven't entered it into the system yet.... I'll try back at the end of the week.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Sunnyja,

I definitely feel you on the money tip. I thought about trying to do a quick trip back for my SO's interview, but I know its not feasible. At this point, the medical still has to be done which is going to be some undisclosed amount until the actual day of the medical. Then he still has to go and pay the $131 for the visa fee as well..I told him to concentrate on getting those things taken care of and I will make sure the plane ticket is taken care of. GOD forbid all is said and done and he has visa in hand and we have no money for a plane ticket...This whole process will drain you dry. To bad I can't claim any of it on my taxes..:o)

I'm telling you. When Ray gets to the visa in hand point, he may have to wait a month or two before he comes. He wants to spend more time with family before he comes anyway, and I think it may be easier for him knowing he can leave at anytime. Maybe we'll end up getting married on New Years! lol

ROC

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sunnyja,

I'm telling you. When Ray gets to the visa in hand point, he may have to wait a month or two before he comes. He wants to spend more time with family before he comes anyway, and I think it may be easier for him knowing he can leave at anytime. Maybe we'll end up getting married on New Years! lol

He won't forget your anniversary, that's for sure. :whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Sunnyja,

Another thing I just remembered, I ended up having to call the 202# myself and that's how I actually found out when my SO's interview date was. It did take them about a week to get it into the system. Then finally about the end of June he received the letter from the embassy.

On another note, I know my SO will probably be missing his fam as well. So hopefully once we get his advanced parole form filed out and approved we will be able to take a trip back to JA sometime next summer to visit.

tymoore

Timeline

Girls, just remember the expenses do not end once he arrives here.

Don't make any promises about trips back till you see how it goes.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Sunnyja,

TY;

Your SO will be fine w/o you at the interview. I saw plenty of men and women their by themselves. The COs did ask why they their fiance or fiancee was not in attendance and most said they were working, kids in school or they just couldn't afford to make the trip. I was not planning on attending. It just worked out in my favor because I was planning on being in Jamaica the end of June to be in my aunt's wedding. I just turned it in a 2-week vacation and I'm blessed that he was able to get the visa in time and return with me and my son.

On the money part it's very draining. Again, I was fortunate that he was working most of the time and had savings to fall back on when he wasn't. With the police report, medical, visa fee and non-impiedment form it almost equal the $455 we paid for the filing of the original petition. It just worked out for us.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

JG ---

That is so true. I wrote that in my handbook back in January along with the discussions about phone calls, bills, etc....

It took my SO 3 days to figure out the bus system. Now, he's gone shopping again and he's joined the gym. I told him be better no spend off the money he brought from JA with him cause we're going to need it. It's going to be a while before you're working.

VETSSSSSSS

I'm getting advice from friends that have recently filed AOS (about 3 months ago) to wait, because USCIS is backed up. What do you think?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Unruly Gal/Gill,

Its so funny on Wednesday morning he seemed to be doing everything he could possibly think of to prolong taking me to the airport. He fooled around so much that I even had time to make breakfast. Then once we finally leave the house he makes 50,000 stops. The bank, gas station, picking up friends along the road to give rides etc. When finally I had to say, "sweety you know I don't want to leave you and all, but if you make me miss this flight, we are going to have some problems..He then looks at me and says,,,"Okay, okay, okay!... Gill you remind me of him saying hush..He tells me that all the time.

Unruly, I think I've kind of mastered the not crying part now. Although it feels like I'm leaving my best friend or a part of me behind everytime I leave him..Its like a huge lump in stomach, almost makes me sick.

TY; that seems like yesterday. Every time I left Marcel in Jamaica the morning that I'm leaving we would go to beach for an early dip. I always check in early then go to "Dead End Beach" to eat and drink a little...but mostly to talk. We would just sit there and put our foreheads together. He would hold my head in his hands and tell me don't cry think about how exciting it will be to see me again. I was so blessed to be able to have him fly back with me. They gave him a farewell party and I've never seen so many grown men cry. His older male friends who have been married for many years gave us a little notebook with quotes in it that help to keep their relationship in check. I thought it was so sweet. It was different love stories of how they met their wives and how to keep the FIRE BURNING. I read through the entire notebook while waiting for our flight to leave on 4th of July. I'll have to admit, I do find that "our" -- Jamaican men are the best lovers and the little notebook they gave us back it up. At the end of his party they sprayed us with champagne and I was :angry: because the night was early and I was still trying to look FLY :rofl: Oh well, then they sprayed us with whipcream...that was it I was ready to cut someone, but it was all in fun.

DIT-TO!!!! Oh, how I miss Dead End! :crying::crying: ...especially since they fixed up the bar now!

We keep telling ourselves..."we are going back soon...we are going back soon!!!" Hopefully for Rebel Salute 2009 :D

Bless,

Gill

Hey has anyone heard from Ms.Hellwig lately? She's MIA....

I was just thinking about her and Shrewdie too! She is still in JA right?

OMG....I came on here to talk about Shredie. Yes, she is still in JA.

I think we need to start a daily prayer chain for her. I really want to hear that she has heard something positive on that visa when she gets back.

I've been thinking about her alot lately too. I don't beleive she has heard any good news cause she said she would text me if she did. I know her and Pecky are still waiting since October 2007 just for an NOA2! I cannot believe that!!! And I can't believe that USCIS and all the congressmen or what not think this is acceptable. There are soooo many people that filed after them who are done already or at least waiting for interview. Me included, i filed Oct02007. I am so sad for them. I know Shrewdie will not be able to handle coming home to absolutely no progress. Please pray for her and Pecky.

Hey has anyone heard from Ms.Hellwig lately? She's MIA....

I was just thinking about her and Shrewdie too! She is still in JA right?

OMG....I came on here to talk about Shredie. Yes, she is still in JA.

I think we need to start a daily prayer chain for her. I really want to hear that she has heard something positive on that visa when she gets back.

R U SERIOUS!?!?! She still hasn't heard anything!? :blink: October will be a YEAR!!!!! :angry: Does the CR/IR really take that long? :huh: It just doesn't seem right somehow!?! :no:

She is in my prayers!

Gill

ditto Shrewdie I would contact my local senators office about this maybe they could help. Your in my prayers.

I think she's exhausted all these possibilities. VSC has completly stopped processing CR1/IR1 to focus on just about every other visa first so there is a TON of people waiting there.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

I agree.... They will hold you to it.. lol

ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Last I heard, Shrewdie only had NOA1. That's what I was referring to.

She's not the only one waiting that long. There are some out there who have been waiting longer. VSC is a black hole.

For IR/CR's it does seem so right now! I remember reading a little while ago, that VSC seems to work specific cases in spurts. Like they will work all K1/K3's for a few months and then switch to IR/CR's. I don't know if that's true but at this point I would have to do something serious!

I know she contacted her senators office before. But maybe she should consider a news station or something. If she could gather other VSC -IR/CR's who have been waiting as long or longer than she has...that may make for an interesting story. Especially since she paid the new fee (as of 7/07) for faster more expedious service...YEAH RIGHT! :angry:

I know a friend of mine did that about her citizenship taking so long to process and our local news did a story about her and her 'American Dream' to vote in her first election. She had her Naturalization papers on her desk a month later!

Hey at this point...anything is worth a shot!

Bless,

Gill

They did this already too. It was on a sydicated radio station based out of Florida.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Lawny,

I keep telling myself he will be fine. He is sounding more chipper each time we talk. Saying things like, "how's my sunshine".

Both of us being able to put back money and save over the past year is what has helped us get thru this process as well. He's really good at saving $$$$. Then in early April he was laid off from his job, but thank goodness he had money saved in order to help get him thru.

tymoore

Timeline

JG ---

That is so true. I wrote that in my handbook back in January along with the discussions about phone calls, bills, etc....

It took my SO 3 days to figure out the bus system. Now, he's gone shopping again and he's joined the gym. I told him be better no spend off the money he brought from JA with him cause we're going to need it. It's going to be a while before you're working.

VETSSSSSSS

I'm getting advice from friends that have recently filed AOS (about 3 months ago) to wait, because USCIS is backed up. What do you think?

What does waiting do, Tre? Just puts you further back in the line.

It comes and it goes, you know. Very hard to predict.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ditto Shrewdie I would contact my local senators office about this maybe they could help. Your in my prayers.

I think she's exhausted all these possibilities. VSC has completly stopped processing CR1/IR1 to focus on just about every other visa first so there is a TON of people waiting there.

She should make a personal appearance to USCIS. I suggested that before. We've had to make several trips to our local USCIS to get answers and so far, it worked. The hardest part if not knowing what is going on....

Timeline

Jomo,

I'm on it. I've been looking at the fees and forms that lay ahead and trust me, I'm planning for them right now. Needless to say, my bonus from work is already accounted for and I haven't even gotten it yet. As much as I would like to use it for other things I will be putting it into the fund for our filing fees. I actually opened up an extra account with the credit union so I could have something separate from my regular account to handle all this. Just insane I tell ya...I'm sure I will have plenty of questions as time goes on about what lies ahead..

tymoore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.