Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
COngrats Gill, to you and Ken....LOL... things are truly working in your favor. Just enjoy it to the fullest.

Honeychild

Ok ladies, i have a question... i know my SO cant come the states until we complete the process, but i have heard we can island hop without issue. If we were to go visit Trinidad, or another island would all we need is our passports?

Honey, Welcome back...glad to hear about SO's recovery! Trinidad...I'm not sure about...Bahamas...yes. I kow they had something last year b/c of the Cricket world cup thing...I don't know if it was limited time though. Check each island for visa requirements

Sounds like a good idea. The bad part was when I was looking it was so dyam expensive to island hop from JA. Maybe that's changed

good luck and good to have you back,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
COngrats Gill, to you and Ken....LOL... things are truly working in your favor. Just enjoy it to the fullest.

Honeychild

Ok ladies, i have a question... i know my SO cant come the states until we complete the process, but i have heard we can island hop without issue. If we were to go visit Trinidad, or another island would all we need is our passports?

Honey, Welcome back...glad to hear about SO's recovery! Trinidad...I'm not sure about...Bahamas...yes. I kow they had something last year b/c of the Cricket world cup thing...I don't know if it was limited time though. Check each island for visa requirements

Sounds like a good idea. The bad part was when I was looking it was so dyam expensive to island hop from JA. Maybe that's changed

good luck and good to have you back,

Gill

Honey, Check with Sus about it - she is doing just that with her guy in a couple of months.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill,

That truly is a blessing. I'm glad he's found his niche. I've been wondering what it will be like once my SO gets here. Will he have trouble finding work, will he have to just settle for anything etc. Hopefully we too will receive a blessing like you and ken. My SO has a lot of ambition as well so I pray he will be able to find something that really suits him. He loves to work and works hard.

Awesome Ty-Ty...he will be fine! But he has to be determined! I was often times embarassed by Ken's determination to fine work. He would ask darn near ANYBODY!! I couldn't do it...too much pride! He would walk up to people and ask if they know of any hard work around here?! :blush: I would tell him "we don't do that type of thing here!" He would ignore me and say "Look here...questions are meant to be asked han mi a guh hask dem!!"

It paid off! No worries Ty...if he loves to work and you keep you faith...it will happen!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Gill, congrats to Ken on the job, that's wonderful!

Honey, you have to check each island to find out what the requirements are - some need a visa, some don't - DJ and I are going to the Bahamas in Sept - They don't need a visa for there, and Air JA flies direct from Kingston, so there was no issue with switching flights, etc... I think Mexico is another place they can travel from JA without a visa - I think you can to Trinidad as well, most countries that are a part of the Caricom allow that.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I find myself becoming more and more nervous as that big INTERVIEW date approaches.

When he called to schedule his medical, which is August 4th. He was told to bring up to $355 (US)..I couldn't believe it, thought that was an insane price. He said the woman told him just in case he has to get any vaccinations. I told him to get his vaccination record ASAP so it will be ready. He said he couldn't remember what all shots he's had but his most recent was a few years ago. So I'm praying he won't need much if any at all. That's crazy. And I told him to choose the option of picking up his medical himself once its finished. This would save any worries from the embassy not receiving it in time or at all..With all the issues they have.

tymoore

Timeline
JG --- thanks for backing me up. I too agree. I cannot tolerate a cheater. That's just hurtful and I cannot be with someone I cannot trust. It just will not work and we'll always have arguements. I have friends who've had their men cheat on them and turns around and cheats on their men...it doesn't make them feel any better and that's why I could never stay in a realtionship once the trust has been violated.

Wakey/Islandwoman;

Marcel and I went to pick out his wedding outfit it's a white linen suit and he looks DELICIOUS in it. Of course he had everyone cracking up in the store cause he was acting a fool by wearing his pants below his waist. I was like, I will knock the hell out of you. I CAN'T BELIEVE in a week I'll be a MARRIED WOMAN. We took out rings to have them blessed (his idea) yesterday and he made me cry with the things he was saying to the pastor. It was so emotional. I would use that pastor to marry us, but he will not marry anyone without going to his 6-month counseling BOOT CAMP and well, as ya'll know we have 90-days. He's a great pastor. When he married my friend last year her husband was being shy about his vows and he made him turn to the crowd, gave him a microphone and had him repeat it loud and clear. He was like, I heard about you at the bachelor party last night...then you going to come up in here and act like you shy. We not having that.

GURRRRRRL...you are not alone with that ish!!! Ken and I are ALWAYS adjusting his belt line! I'm pulling it up and he is pulling it down ("it doesn't feel comfortable all the way up like dat'...ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!) :blink::no:

Gurl, if the pastor can't do it...skip it...You've gone through the Trelawny/Liliput boot camp and truss mi dat wasn't an easy one fi get through! :thumbs:;)

You must be getting excited!!! I am excited for you Chica!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

I tell Andre I did not marry a midget and he better pull those pants up cause he looks like he has an abnormally long upper body.

Mawning Family,

I have good news to share this morning. Ken was doing some work for my hair dresser over the weekend and this guy she knows came through the shop when Ken was there. He works interior construction and utility maintainance on apartment buildings are NYC and LI. So, he was telling my hair dresser how he has so much work and needs good people BADLY. She immediately introduced him to Ken and now Ken has a new F/T job!!!

G-D IS GOOD ALL THE TIME...ALL THE TIME G-D IS GOOD!!!

Here's the best part.

Ken told him what he used to do at the HI back in JA and the guy saw the work Ken had done on the beauty shop and hired him on the spot!! Ken is now making A NOICE PISSA FOOD NOW!! :lol: And that's just to start. The guy told Ken that once he proves himself his $$ will go up fast! That's the Pro...the Con...he's working NON-STOP 6 days a week, 10-12 hours a day!

But I am happy for him, because this is what he really wanted to do from the get-go! Honestly, if I had to hear him tell me ONE MORE TIME that he needs to find another job on his days off from the restaurant ...I would have been a widow shortly! :lol: He LOVES working and HARD LABOR type stuff. So he is going to use this opportunity to learn and build himself up!

We are truly blessed...G-d has been so good to us...sometimes I feel like Charlotte in 'Sex and the City'movie. Like life is just too good...when's the next shoe gonna drop? I know crappy attitude...but true! Well like Ken says "The sea can't rough everyday...wan day the sea mus calm!" I guess this is the day! Let me just enjoy today and not worry about tomorrow...right?

Bless,

Gill

That's wonderful, Gill. So happy for you guys.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Honeychild

Honey....PM Jamaica Miss on the other site. She lives with her SO 6 months out of every year and they island hop quite a bit, I think. I know she's mentioned some places they have gone.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Gill,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I find myself becoming more and more nervous as that big INTERVIEW date approaches.

When he called to schedule his medical, which is August 4th. He was told to bring up to $355 (US)..I couldn't believe it, thought that was an insane price. He said the woman told him just in case he has to get any vaccinations. I told him to get his vaccination record ASAP so it will be ready. He said he couldn't remember what all shots he's had but his most recent was a few years ago. So I'm praying he won't need much if any at all. That's crazy. And I told him to choose the option of picking up his medical himself once its finished. This would save any worries from the embassy not receiving it in time or at all..With all the issues they have.

TY -- Is he going to Mobay Hope? If he is...call and ask for Ms. Osborne (she's very nice) at least she was to me. She will tell you EXACTLY what to do. We were told to bring about $20,000/Jamaican and all he had to pay for was his medical. That's because in January I made sure he had all his shot records in order. The shots are expensive. If he has a private doctor (even better)...if not, have him go to the local clinic, because it's cheaper. His private doc may have all his medical history including shot records...and girl PLEASE...PLEASE don't be nervous (cause you'll only make your SO, nervous). Did you make his medical appt. yet? If not, go ahead a make it now. Don't wait because the days fill up quick and Mobay hope is very busy. If you have any questions link me in PM...I'll be more than happy to answer them or check with one of the vets. Did this 3 weeks ago and it's all still fresh in my head. I even remember what I wore on the interview date. Latahs have to go get yelled at now....hope yall don't read about me on CNN. "CRAZY JAMAICAN WOMAN LET LOOSE IN WASHINGTON, D.C." and SunnyJa will be right next to me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Lawny,

You are truly off the chain. I'm at work sitting at my desk cracking up..

Yes he is going to Mobay Hope. After he told me what he was told to bring I called myself. I know he's not going to need all those shots. I believe he does have a regular doctor. He's suppose to be checking with his mother to see if she has a copy of his shot record. If she doesn't then he is going to go and get a copy from the doc's office. Heck he still has to pay the VISA fee so I hope he won't have to pay all that for the medical.

tymoore

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: How do you share mpeg files online?

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Gill,

TY -- Is he going to Mobay Hope? If he is...call and ask for Ms. Osborne (she's very nice) at least she was to me. She will tell you EXACTLY what to do. We were told to bring about $20,000/Jamaican and all he had to pay for was his medical. That's because in January I made sure he had all his shot records in order. The shots are expensive. If he has a private doctor (even better)...if not, have him go to the local clinic, because it's cheaper. His private doc may have all his medical history including shot records...and girl PLEASE...PLEASE don't be nervous (cause you'll only make your SO, nervous). Did you make his medical appt. yet? If not, go ahead a make it now. Don't wait because the days fill up quick and Mobay hope is very busy. If you have any questions link me in PM...I'll be more than happy to answer them or check with one of the vets. Did this 3 weeks ago and it's all still fresh in my head. I even remember what I wore on the interview date. Latahs have to go get yelled at now....hope yall don't read about me on CNN. "CRAZY JAMAICAN WOMAN LET LOOSE IN WASHINGTON, D.C." and SunnyJa will be right next to me.

:unsure: Girl, yuh mad....

I got an e-mail from Kingston today with a date to drop off the DS-230. "Well HELLO" Ray dropped it off Last Thurday.... I guess they were answering my 3rd request that I sent to them when I thought they were ignoring me. LMAO

Congrat Gill, I'm glad things are going good for you guy's. Ken's doing what he has to do... He's working it out!

TYMOORE,

Good luck with the medical.... These fees kick butt, omg I thought I was going to go for another visit before the interview. "NOT" too many more fees ahead. Ray hates needles and he had to get one in his foot a few months ago. He almost passed out so I have no clue what it will be like when he goes for the medical.

Lanwy,

What is it about JA men not wanted to be called a model. One of my friends said Ray is tall and has a nice build and maybe he should think about modeling. Ray was like mi nah batty bwoy..... He was angry and I was confused. :wacko:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Honey....PM Jamaica Miss on the other site. She lives with her SO 6 months out of every year and they island hop quite a bit, I think. I know she's mentioned some places they have gone.

What other site JG??? You mean there is another thread besides VJ??!!! I would LOVE to live in JA 6 months out of the year.....Anthony tells me that's what he is going to do. Work 6 months there and then stay here 6 months. Oh, okay honey - wel will see.

Timeline
I got an e-mail from Kingston today with a date to drop off the DS-230. "Well HELLO" Ray dropped it off Last Thurday.... I guess they were answering my 3rd request that I sent to them when I thought they were ignoring me. LMAO

What is it about JA men not wanted to be called a model. One of my friends said Ray is tall and has a nice build and maybe he should think about modeling. Ray was like mi nah batty bwoy..... He was angry and I was confused. :wacko:

Sunny - call the 202# to make sure they have the DS230 in their system. You can never double/triple check too much!!

I don't know about these men - I was on the phone with A last week and he started hollering at some man. When I asked what was wrong and he said the guy looked at him like he loved men! I was rolling but not missing the opportunity for some more reaction, I made some comment about packaging him up some vaseline.... :rofl:

Filed: Timeline
Gill,

:unsure: Girl, yuh mad....

Congrat Gill, I'm glad things are going good for you guy's. Ken's doing what he has to do... He's working it out!

TYMOORE,

Good luck with the medical.... These fees kick butt, omg I thought I was going to go for another visit before the interview. "NOT" too many more fees ahead. Ray hates needles and he had to get one in his foot a few months ago. He almost passed out so I have no clue what it will be like when he goes for the medical.

Lanwy,

Well, I told Marcel if he gets the opportunity he better take it. There's alot of money to be made there. Bout im no want no man fi feel im up...I was like yall running down their clothing of most of the designers are gay anyway...so, who cares. MAKE THAT MONEY. Sunny I told you the embassy is crazy. I received 3 packet 4s in less than 2 weeks. Now, explain that to me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.