Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a request.

Please pray for my girlfriend and her husband. Seems that the wait for an interview date in Kingston is taking a toll on their marriage and her A$$ of an husband is not being supportive - called last night to tell her that he was not alone and that he did his best to prevent this, but he's a man...####### is all I can say right now. My head is spinning and I can hear the hurt in her voice. On top of that she's pregnant and don't need the added stress.

I am so sorry, Tre.

I have heard a lot of women accept this kind of behavior from their men with the whole "he's a man (shrug)" attitude. ####### is that?

I hope she is giving him hell. He's so not worth her efforts.

JG - You ever talked to someone on the phone and you can feel all their pain and all their hurt. That's how I'm feeling this morning. I can't remember how long they've been married but it's been several years. He choose to wait a few years before telling her to file because he wanted to be in Jamaica to set up his business. She built a house back in 1998 before she met him and I can't believe he has the nerve to bring another woman in their and worse yet, the nerve to tell her that he did. I begged him to just deal with it and that he should be in the states by November and that it's not her fault. He's think that she did something wrong to delay the process. Their cause was completed the end of March and it's just at a standstill like many others. His own brothers even tried to talk to him, but he says he's been waiting too long. When I was home last month he must have said "HE'S A MAN" about 6 times to me in one conversation and I'm like, what is that suppose to me and all he would do is grin and smile and I would tell him that is not funny :angry: . He's a grown A$$ man and he should know better. I'm at a lose for words right now. If I was in Jamaica I would have to go and pay him a visit. What a true A$$. She's on the phone with their pastor in Jamaica right now and the pastor has also spoke to him and he's sticking to his phrase "he's a man"...the pastor is telling her not to make any quick decisions and just pray that he'll come to his senses and that these are things that truly test a marriage. I won't even add my comment about that.

Yes and I feel so bad for her.

I'm really a bad one to talk about this with, though, Tre. My stance has always been I do not put up with a cheater no matter where I am in my relationship. I respect myself too much for that. It has always been my belief and one I've never backed down from. Andre knows that is my one rule.....if he were to ever cheat no matter where we were in our relationship, he was gone and I'd never look back. I'm sorry, if you want to be with me, you are with me. If you want to go elsewhere, then go; but it will be without me.

I sympathize with her. I hope she works through it in a way that she can live with.

If you were to hop on a plane to beat his ###, I am up for going with you!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
This weekend I cleaned out one of my closets. Last weekend another one. Next weekend one more. Dang this sharing space is hard. You have to throw stuff out you been holding on for years. Not like I can even fit most of it. I did the dresser drawers a while back so I'm getting ready ya'll!!

Wakey

Good for you Wakey! :thumbs: I try to keep up on the closet cleaning and stick to the rule that if you haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it. I actually keep a bag going in my closet that I toss things into to give to the Mission or Woman's shelter.

I pick up things here and there for Anthony when I'm shopping the clearance racks. The other day I hung the stuff up in my closet. Of course, that is the first thing I look at when I open the closet door every morning so I think I'm just making myself crazy. :wacko:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Timeline

JG --- thanks for backing me up. I too agree. I cannot tolerate a cheater. That's just hurtful and I cannot be with someone I cannot trust. It just will not work and we'll always have arguements. I have friends who've had their men cheat on them and turns around and cheats on their men...it doesn't make them feel any better and that's why I could never stay in a realtionship once the trust has been violated.

Wakey/Islandwoman;

Marcel and I went to pick out his wedding outfit it's a white linen suit and he looks DELICIOUS in it. Of course he had everyone cracking up in the store cause he was acting a fool by wearing his pants below his waist. I was like, I will knock the hell out of you. I CAN'T BELIEVE in a week I'll be a MARRIED WOMAN. We took out rings to have them blessed (his idea) yesterday and he made me cry with the things he was saying to the pastor. It was so emotional. I would use that pastor to marry us, but he will not marry anyone without going to his 6-month counseling BOOT CAMP and well, as ya'll know we have 90-days. He's a great pastor. When he married my friend last year her husband was being shy about his vows and he made him turn to the crowd, gave him a microphone and had him repeat it loud and clear. He was like, I heard about you at the bachelor party last night...then you going to come up in here and act like you shy. We not having that.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
This weekend I cleaned out one of my closets. Last weekend another one. Next weekend one more. Dang this sharing space is hard. You have to throw stuff out you been holding on for years. Not like I can even fit most of it. I did the dresser drawers a while back so I'm getting ready ya'll!!

Wakey

Good for you Wakey! :thumbs: I try to keep up on the closet cleaning and stick to the rule that if you haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it. I actually keep a bag going in my closet that I toss things into to give to the Mission or Woman's shelter.

I pick up things here and there for Anthony when I'm shopping the clearance racks. The other day I hung the stuff up in my closet. Of course, that is the first thing I look at when I open the closet door every morning so I think I'm just making myself crazy. :wacko:

Your fiance was up for you buying him things? Andre is way too picky for that.

We shopped the clearance racks....still do.....but he has to be there or else!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Lawny, my prayers are with your friend - to deal with the process is hard enough in itself, to deal with it pregnant and with a cheat is heartbreaking - I am so sorry for her!

JG - DJ has no problem with me buying him clothes - he says I have great taste -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Am I being selfish? Do I have a reason to be so angry? Let me explain....I have a room mate, she moved in with the agreement that she babysat my kids while I worked during the day in exchange for her portion of the rent and utilities. Fast forward almost 2 yrs later, our lease is up and we move July 31st. Her son became sick (allergies, eczema) and spent a few days last week in the hospital. When he was released she decided to go stay at her aunts house. Today I get a text telling me taking care of him and watching my 2 kids is too much for her, so she won't be back for awhile. Whats awhile? She has 12 more work days to babysit them before we move #######???? I am pissed, my main reason for being so mad is because not once has she called me to give me a heads up about the situation or her plans. I had to call and text her day after day to find out what was going on. I understand her son comes first of course but she also has a responsibility to me. I'm still expected to pay her portion of all the household bills! She could have picked up a phone! And I'm sorry but is it really that hard to watch my kids also? My kids are not babies and her son is not critical nor in need of constant medical attention, she is playing games. What also makes me mad is she knows my situation with not having anyone else to babysit. Well I'll be finding out tomorrow if I can move into my condo early and she can figure out ####### she's gonna do with the rest of her month. She's enjoying her aunts house maybe she should just stay there.

Hey Chica,

I don't blame you a DYAM!!! Being a working single parent is hard enough and trying to juggle all of it is NOT EASY!! So, when someone goes and throws another HUGE ball into your life it SUCKS!!! I WOULD BE LIVID!!! YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD...AND HELL YEAH HAVE HER PAY HER SHARE!!!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ABOUT THE CONDO THOUGH!!!! F-it ...G-d never closes a window without opening a door! Be done with her...it's just a shame she had to go out like that! :no:

She really played herself!

Stay blessed,

Gill-xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
JG --- thanks for backing me up. I too agree. I cannot tolerate a cheater. That's just hurtful and I cannot be with someone I cannot trust. It just will not work and we'll always have arguements. I have friends who've had their men cheat on them and turns around and cheats on their men...it doesn't make them feel any better and that's why I could never stay in a realtionship once the trust has been violated.

Wakey/Islandwoman;

Marcel and I went to pick out his wedding outfit it's a white linen suit and he looks DELICIOUS in it. Of course he had everyone cracking up in the store cause he was acting a fool by wearing his pants below his waist. I was like, I will knock the hell out of you. I CAN'T BELIEVE in a week I'll be a MARRIED WOMAN. We took out rings to have them blessed (his idea) yesterday and he made me cry with the things he was saying to the pastor. It was so emotional. I would use that pastor to marry us, but he will not marry anyone without going to his 6-month counseling BOOT CAMP and well, as ya'll know we have 90-days. He's a great pastor. When he married my friend last year her husband was being shy about his vows and he made him turn to the crowd, gave him a microphone and had him repeat it loud and clear. He was like, I heard about you at the bachelor party last night...then you going to come up in here and act like you shy. We not having that.

Ask the pastor for a raincheck on boot camp --LOL!! He does sound like a great pastor.

Make sure you post wedding photos! Since we won't be there for cake, we will need some delicious to look at. :lol:

Timeline
I have a request.

Please pray for my girlfriend and her husband. Seems that the wait for an interview date in Kingston is taking a toll on their marriage and her A$$ of an husband is not being supportive - called last night to tell her that he was not alone and that he did his best to prevent this, but he's a man...####### is all I can say right now. My head is spinning and I can hear the hurt in her voice. On top of that she's pregnant and don't need the added stress.

What an a$$ :angry::angry:

Not for nothing Lawny...G-d does every darn thing for a reason. I hope she really thinks about what he just did to her last night! THAT is NOT love!!! LOVE is NOT calling your PREGNANT wife to tell her you are f-ing another chick!! I know she probably does not want to see it right now...but if he can do something like that to her when she is carrying HIS child...what will happen when he gets here? Anyway she will re-think bringing him up for a while?

She is in my prayers...b/c either way is a lose/lose situation (except for the blessing she is carrying)...support her Lawns...cause that can't be easy!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Wakey

Your fiance was up for you buying him things? Andre is way too picky for that.

We shopped the clearance racks....still do.....but he has to be there or else!

No problem so far!! Of course, I buy what I know is his style, although not necessarily mine. He keeps telling me he is only coming with the suit on his back. I keep saying he will look mighty fine wearing my clothes then!! He even practiced when I was there - wore my flip flops with flowers on them everywhere he went for 2 days. I just laughed.....it's all I could do. :lol: Now of course I treasure that photo and those shoes. :blush:

Timeline

Wakey/Islandwoman;

GURRRRRRL...you are not alone with that ish!!! Ken and I are ALWAYS adjusting his belt line! I'm pulling it up and he is pulling it down ("it doesn't feel comfortable all the way up like dat'...ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!) :blink::no:

Gurl, if the pastor can't do it...skip it...You've gone through the Trelawny/Liliput boot camp and truss mi dat wasn't an easy one fi get through! :thumbs:;)

You must be getting excited!!! I am excited for you Chica!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
GURRRRRRL...you are not alone with that ish!!! Ken and I are ALWAYS adjusting his belt line! I'm pulling it up and he is pulling it down ("it doesn't feel comfortable all the way up like dat'...ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!) :blink::no:

Gurl, if the pastor can't do it...skip it...You've gone through the Trelawny/Liliput boot camp and truss mi dat wasn't an easy one fi get through! :thumbs:;)

You must be getting excited!!! I am excited for you Chica!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

LOL - I have the same thing with DJ - Never mind that he's so thin things fall off him - The first time I met his mother, I told him to pull his pants up in front of her - habit, the words just came out of my mouth! She cracked up and said I love this girl -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Mawning Family,

I have good news to share this morning. Ken was doing some work for my hair dresser over the weekend and this guy she knows came through the shop when Ken was there. He works interior construction and utility maintainance on apartment buildings are NYC and LI. So, he was telling my hair dresser how he has so much work and needs good people BADLY. She immediately introduced him to Ken and now Ken has a new F/T job!!!

G-D IS GOOD ALL THE TIME...ALL THE TIME G-D IS GOOD!!!

Here's the best part.

Ken told him what he used to do at the HI back in JA and the guy saw the work Ken had done on the beauty shop and hired him on the spot!! Ken is now making A NOICE PISSA FOOD NOW!! :lol: And that's just to start. The guy told Ken that once he proves himself his $$ will go up fast! That's the Pro...the Con...he's working NON-STOP 6 days a week, 10-12 hours a day!

But I am happy for him, because this is what he really wanted to do from the get-go! Honestly, if I had to hear him tell me ONE MORE TIME that he needs to find another job on his days off from the restaurant ...I would have been a widow shortly! :lol: He LOVES working and HARD LABOR type stuff. So he is going to use this opportunity to learn and build himself up!

We are truly blessed...G-d has been so good to us...sometimes I feel like Charlotte in 'Sex and the City'movie. Like life is just too good...when's the next shoe gonna drop? I know crappy attitude...but true! Well like Ken says "The sea can't rough everyday...wan day the sea mus calm!" I guess this is the day! Let me just enjoy today and not worry about tomorrow...right?

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Timeline
I have a request.

What an a$$ :angry::angry:

Not for nothing Lawny...G-d does every darn thing for a reason. I hope she really thinks about what he just did to her last night! THAT is NOT love!!! LOVE is NOT calling your PREGNANT wife to tell her you are f-ing another chick!! I know she probably does not want to see it right now...but if he can do something like that to her when she is carrying HIS child...what will happen when he gets here? Anyway she will re-think bringing him up for a while?

She is in my prayers...b/c either way is a lose/lose situation (except for the blessing she is carrying)...support her Lawns...cause that can't be easy!

Bless,

Gill

Gill;

Word for Word that was what I said to her. I'm thinking they've been married for at least 10 years and she has never been with any other man. He's her first and last (that was part of their wedding vows) I remember them word for word. That FRIGGER cried the entire time during the wedding ceremony. Right now, she's thinking that she did somethng wrong (WHY DO WE DO THAT SOMETIMES)....I was like nooooooo nooo you did nothing. His father and brothers are on the way to the house to talk to him now. His mother told my friend to kick him out the house, because he's WICKED AND CRUEL and that she should not forgive him (this is his OWN MOTHER).

Girl;

If Marcel tells me one more time that he has to wear his pants a certain way, I'm going to ring his neck. You should have seen him in the store. So, one of the guys were like "you should model, because you have a unique look" and of course he lost it. I was like the guy just gave you a compliment and you should say thank you...he was like WHATEVER lets go im look sweet. I just role my eyes. So, the guy goes to hand Marcel his business card and of course he refused it and my sister took the card from the guy and said thank you. I told him that's it! ....... I'M LOCKING YOU UP IN THE DAMN CLOSET and only letting you out when I want some. :devil:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

COngrats Gill, to you and Ken....LOL... things are truly working in your favor. Just enjoy it to the fullest.

Honeychild

Ok ladies, i have a question... i know my SO cant come the states until we complete the process, but i have heard we can island hop without issue. If we were to go visit Trinidad, or another island would all we need is our passports?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill,

That truly is a blessing. I'm glad he's found his niche. I've been wondering what it will be like once my SO gets here. Will he have trouble finding work, will he have to just settle for anything etc. Hopefully we too will receive a blessing like you and ken. My SO has a lot of ambition as well so I pray he will be able to find something that really suits him. He loves to work and works hard.

tymoore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.