Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus,

I wanted to go to the show. That was really nice of him to allow that guy to propose. WOW!

Now what number phone is this? lol One thing about a JA man is that they know how to dry out a cellphone. You know how many people in the states get charged for ordering new phones because when they send it back using the insurance the company finds out there's water damage. (Water damage is not covered by insurance) All we have to do is lay it out in the sun, blow dry it, or cook it (DJ) and it works...... :lol:

I think this is phone 20 since we met, lol - At least he just has to replace the chip this time, not the whole phone :wacko: It's unbelievable - I had one of those "Please call me" texts from a number that I didn't recognize Sunday -- he borrowed his friend's phone to tell me what had happened. I told him that when he gets here he is getting a cheap prepaid phone until he is working and can pay for his own replacements, lol!

The show was so good, and I was bawling at the proposal - it was so sweet and so beautiful!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Morning all!

Welcome back Honey!

Classy, sorry to hear about your roommate troubles -

I had an interesting weekend - I went to Great Adventure to see Machel - traffic was chaos and it ended up taking us over FIVE hours to get there! We basically went to the show and came home. Machel was incredible as always - He brought out his kids "from all over the world" (as he put it) for one song - 5 beautiful little girls, although looking suspiciously close in age, lol :o . Then he did his song, Unconditional Love - he stopped in the middle and said he had received an email about it, and he wanted his friend to come up and explain his email - Called this guy to the stage, and he proposed to his girlfriend in front of everyone - it was so sweet and so beautiful!

Also had a new adventure with DJ and his phone - He dropped it in water (again, lol) - so he had it near the stove trying to dry it out - Which worked, but he put the chip back in and apparently the phone was hot from the stove and it melted the chip :bonk:

Sus,

I wanted to go to the show. That was really nice of him to allow that guy to propose. WOW!

Now what number phone is this? lol One thing about a JA man is that they know how to dry out a cellphone. You know how many people in the states get charged for ordering new phones because when they send it back using the insurance the company finds out there's water damage. (Water damage is not covered by insurance) All we have to do is lay it out in the sun, blow dry it, or cook it (DJ) and it works...... :lol:

Mawnin Ladies;

Sunny - And it works I've seen Marcel do that several times. Even with my Verizon phone when i dropped it in the sink in November. I still have it and it works perfectly.

Sus; Phone number 20.... me and him would be boxing by now. Thank God Marcel has never lost a phone. I had to drag him out the Verizon store the other day. I was like look you not working so all you need is a simple RASS phone. He looking at me like, but I like to do this and that I was like...u musah naw er mi...We left with the new Envy cause it was FREE and I made sure that no international calls can me made.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all!

Welcome back Honey!

Classy, sorry to hear about your roommate troubles -

I had an interesting weekend - I went to Great Adventure to see Machel - traffic was chaos and it ended up taking us over FIVE hours to get there! We basically went to the show and came home. Machel was incredible as always - He brought out his kids "from all over the world" (as he put it) for one song - 5 beautiful little girls, although looking suspiciously close in age, lol :o . Then he did his song, Unconditional Love - he stopped in the middle and said he had received an email about it, and he wanted his friend to come up and explain his email - Called this guy to the stage, and he proposed to his girlfriend in front of everyone - it was so sweet and so beautiful!

Also had a new adventure with DJ and his phone - He dropped it in water (again, lol) - so he had it near the stove trying to dry it out - Which worked, but he put the chip back in and apparently the phone was hot from the stove and it melted the chip :bonk:

Sus,

Mawnin Ladies;

Sunny - And it works I've seen Marcel do that several times. Even with my Verizon phone when i dropped it in the sink in November. I still have it and it works perfectly.

Sus; Phone number 20.... me and him would be boxing by now. Thank God Marcel has never lost a phone. I had to drag him out the Verizon store the other day. I was like look you not working so all you need is a simple RASS phone. He looking at me like, but I like to do this and that I was like...u musah naw er mi...We left with the new Envy cause it was FREE and I made sure that no international calls can me made.

Hey girlie,

I never asked you what Marcel thought about all the big stores and malls? Was he shocked? Ray is an electronics lover, so I know he's going to be all up in every store that sells computers, cellphones and all that type of stuff.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

LOL, Lawny - trust me, we have boxed many times over this - I keep telling him that with the amount of money he has spent on replacement phones, he could have bought, fixed up, and sold about 10 more cars by now! It's amazing to me! The one good thing is that as long as they have the serial #, they can get a new SIM card with the same phone # and their credit that they had on it -

But, lesson learned - putting a phone by the stove does work to dry it out, just let it cool before putting the chip back in!

I like the EnV2 - I just got one.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Ladies,

Sunny, yeah i was in Ochi. Sunday was the hardest for me, i think i woke up crying. I could barely talk to my SO without getting all teary. The cab driver on the ride to Mobay kept saying " why you look so sad, you sad to be leaving JA?" i wanted to tell him to shut up and stop talking to me, before i start up again. I tried real hard to maintain myself in the airport and then talked to my SO again on the phone, and here come the tears again...LOL... i know the people were like damn lady, get it together....lol

My initial plan was to go back to JA in october, but i think im gonna have to figure out how to do a quick 4 day weekend, in august...lol

Timeline
Hey ladies, just wanted to say hello to all. Just returned from JA after many delays and getting stranded in Florida, but im home. I miss my SO already, and must have spent the last 8 hours crying off and on :crying: . As for him, he is doing well, his head looks like someone tried to split a coconut with a machete... ;) but it is healing and he is back on his feet. Im not complaining and wouldnt allow him to either, as GOD is good and he is here to tell about it. He is all pressed about the scar in his head and his hair not growing properly in the area, i told him you better wear that dyam scar as a badge of honor that you are able to live and tell about it. The weather was nice and we had a great time, now i have to figure out how not to fall into depression about us being apart again. :no: Does this ever get any easier???? doesnt feel like it sometimes. alright it is nearing 3 am and im getting delirious with sleep. Plus i have a lot of reading to do to catch up.

Unruly, PM me when you get a chance and tell me how your trip was.

Be Blessed Ladies

Honeychild

Welcome back Honey!! Your trip home sounds like mine did in May. I was stuck in FL for 8 hrs - at one point I was begging them to just send me back to Jamaica and I will fly home the next day! :wacko:

We all feel your pain and know it very well. I'm at the mind set right now where I don't think I want to go back because I don't want the pain of leaving. The last 24 hrs you are together is terrible.

Sus - concert sounds awesome!!!

Happy Monday everyone!

LOL, Lawny - trust me, we have boxed many times over this - I keep telling him that with the amount of money he has spent on replacement phones, he could have bought, fixed up, and sold about 10 more cars by now! It's amazing to me! The one good thing is that as long as they have the serial #, they can get a new SIM card with the same phone # and their credit that they had on it -

But, lesson learned - putting a phone by the stove does work to dry it out, just let it cool before putting the chip back in!

I like the EnV2 - I just got one.

That's what I have my eye on as well. Just waiting for the time to renew my contract so it's free. The only phones I have ever paid for are the ones that go to JA!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

My part-time job is right next to the Apple store in the mall. That new iPhone that came out last week.....they had people waiting in line for over 7 hours at one point. The food court and Starbucks was taking orders and making deliveries. It was crazy.

Someone told me they paid $299 for one on a new AT&T plan and $399 for one to add to their existing. Can you imagine how much money they raked in that one day?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I have a request.

Please pray for my girlfriend and her husband. Seems that the wait for an interview date in Kingston is taking a toll on their marriage and her A$$ of an husband is not being supportive - called last night to tell her that he was not alone and that he did his best to prevent this, but he's a man...####### is all I can say right now. My head is spinning and I can hear the hurt in her voice. On top of that she's pregnant and don't need the added stress.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I have a request.

Please pray for my girlfriend and her husband. Seems that the wait for an interview date in Kingston is taking a toll on their marriage and her A$$ of an husband is not being supportive - called last night to tell her that he was not alone and that he did his best to prevent this, but he's a man...####### is all I can say right now. My head is spinning and I can hear the hurt in her voice. On top of that she's pregnant and don't need the added stress.

I am so sorry, Tre.

I have heard a lot of women accept this kind of behavior from their men with the whole "he's a man (shrug)" attitude. ####### is that?

I hope she is giving him hell. He's so not worth her efforts.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I have a request.

What an a$$ :angry::angry:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
I have a request.

I am so sorry, Tre.

I have heard a lot of women accept this kind of behavior from their men with the whole "he's a man (shrug)" attitude. ####### is that?

Morning everyone! Lawny that is absolutely terrible about your friends husband. You know that reminds me of a ex-boyfriend a while back. When I found out he was cheating he gave me the same line..a man needs variety etc. He told me that his mom and dad survived 30 years of marriage because she understood this and allowed her dad to be a man as long as he didn’t bring it in her face. He asked me to do the same with him and we could have a happy marriage!!!! WTH!!

I will pray for your friend’s patience, strength, and trusting herself during this trying time.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

I have a request.

I am so sorry, Tre.

JG - You ever talked to someone on the phone and you can feel all their pain and all their hurt. That's how I'm feeling this morning. I can't remember how long they've been married but it's been several years. He choose to wait a few years before telling her to file because he wanted to be in Jamaica to set up his business. She built a house back in 1998 before she met him and I can't believe he has the nerve to bring another woman in their and worse yet, the nerve to tell her that he did. I begged him to just deal with it and that he should be in the states by November and that it's not her fault. He's think that she did something wrong to delay the process. Their cause was completed the end of March and it's just at a standstill like many others. His own brothers even tried to talk to him, but he says he's been waiting too long. When I was home last month he must have said "HE'S A MAN" about 6 times to me in one conversation and I'm like, what is that suppose to me and all he would do is grin and smile and I would tell him that is not funny :angry: . He's a grown A$$ man and he should know better. I'm at a lose for words right now. If I was in Jamaica I would have to go and pay him a visit. What a true A$$. She's on the phone with their pastor in Jamaica right now and the pastor has also spoke to him and he's sticking to his phrase "he's a man"...the pastor is telling her not to make any quick decisions and just pray that he'll come to his senses and that these are things that truly test a marriage. I won't even add my comment about that.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

This weekend I cleaned out one of my closets. Last weekend another one. Next weekend one more. Dang this sharing space is hard. You have to throw stuff out you been holding on for years. Not like I can even fit most of it. I did the dresser drawers a while back so I'm getting ready ya'll!!

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
I have a request.

Lawny - A$$ is not the word for him!!!!! Why call her and tell her that??? I'm vexed and I don't even know the ba$-#######!! My heart goes out to her... (F)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.