Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Last I heard, Shrewdie only had NOA1. That's what I was referring to.

She's not the only one waiting that long. There are some out there who have been waiting longer. VSC is a black hole.

For IR/CR's it does seem so right now! I remember reading a little while ago, that VSC seems to work specific cases in spurts. Like they will work all K1/K3's for a few months and then switch to IR/CR's. I don't know if that's true but at this point I would have to do something serious!

I know she contacted her senators office before. But maybe she should consider a news station or something. If she could gather other VSC -IR/CR's who have been waiting as long or longer than she has...that may make for an interesting story. Especially since she paid the new fee (as of 7/07) for faster more expedious service...YEAH RIGHT! :angry:

I know a friend of mine did that about her citizenship taking so long to process and our local news did a story about her and her 'American Dream' to vote in her first election. She had her Naturalization papers on her desk a month later!

Hey at this point...anything is worth a shot!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Am I being selfish? Do I have a reason to be so angry? Let me explain....I have a room mate, she moved in with the agreement that she babysat my kids while I worked during the day in exchange for her portion of the rent and utilities. Fast forward almost 2 yrs later, our lease is up and we move July 31st. Her son became sick (allergies, eczema) and spent a few days last week in the hospital. When he was released she decided to go stay at her aunts house. Today I get a text telling me taking care of him and watching my 2 kids is too much for her, so she won't be back for awhile. Whats awhile? She has 12 more work days to babysit them before we move #######???? I am pissed, my main reason for being so mad is because not once has she called me to give me a heads up about the situation or her plans. I had to call and text her day after day to find out what was going on. I understand her son comes first of course but she also has a responsibility to me. I'm still expected to pay her portion of all the household bills! She could have picked up a phone! And I'm sorry but is it really that hard to watch my kids also? My kids are not babies and her son is not critical nor in need of constant medical attention, she is playing games. What also makes me mad is she knows my situation with not having anyone else to babysit. Well I'll be finding out tomorrow if I can move into my condo early and she can figure out ####### she's gonna do with the rest of her month. She's enjoying her aunts house maybe she should just stay there.

Timeline
post-21550-1215807266_thumb.jpghere is a new pic of Kaila!

Hope all is well with everyone and staying cool.... :star:

so precious how they change so much month after month :star:

i know i was looking at pics of Kaila right after she was born and she looks like a completly different baby...it is interesting to see how their face changes...Kaila's new thing is sticking out her bottome lip right before she starts to cry...almost like a pre-warning... :lol:

It will be like that for the next 2 years! They change daily, I swear.

Love the new pics. :innocent:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Am I being selfish? Do I have a reason to be so angry? Let me explain....I have a room mate, she moved in with the agreement that she babysat my kids while I worked during the day in exchange for her portion of the rent and utilities. Fast forward almost 2 yrs later, our lease is up and we move July 31st. Her son became sick (allergies, eczema) and spent a few days last week in the hospital. When he was released she decided to go stay at her aunts house. Today I get a text telling me taking care of him and watching my 2 kids is too much for her, so she won't be back for awhile. Whats awhile? She has 12 more work days to babysit them before we move #######???? I am pissed, my main reason for being so mad is because not once has she called me to give me a heads up about the situation or her plans. I had to call and text her day after day to find out what was going on. I understand her son comes first of course but she also has a responsibility to me. I'm still expected to pay her portion of all the household bills! She could have picked up a phone! And I'm sorry but is it really that hard to watch my kids also? My kids are not babies and her son is not critical nor in need of constant medical attention, she is playing games. What also makes me mad is she knows my situation with not having anyone else to babysit. Well I'll be finding out tomorrow if I can move into my condo early and she can figure out ####### she's gonna do with the rest of her month. She's enjoying her aunts house maybe she should just stay there.

Classy, I don't blame you one bit! That is not right to leave you hanging like that at the last minute and being so inconsiderate. Sounds like she had a damn good deal with you! Your kids look to be about the same age as mine so I know there is not much she needs to be doing. My kids do their own thing most of the time.

Sorry you are going at this alone. Good luck.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Classy, I don't blame you one bit! That is not right to leave you hanging like that at the last minute and being so inconsiderate. Sounds like she had a damn good deal with you! Your kids look to be about the same age as mine so I know there is not much she needs to be doing. My kids do their own thing most of the time.

Thanks for your opinion :thumbs: She did have a great deal with me, especially since she only watched the kids 50 hours a month while school is in session. Oh well her lose.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree with Islandwoman, people can really be inconsiderate at times. I'm sorry your going through this Classy, I know it's hard to find another babysitter with a 1-2 day window. She should have given you enough time to find someone else if she knew she wasn't coming back. I hope things work out for you.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

You are all moving, Classy? If so, there is no way I would let her back in till she put up the money she NOW owes you. A deal is a deal. Figure out the cost and bill her for it. That's BS what she did. I'm sorry; but what she did is trying to move out at the end of a lease without paying the balance. She owes you one way or another.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You are all moving, Classy? If so, there is no way I would let her back in till she put up the money she NOW owes you. A deal is a deal. Figure out the cost and bill her for it. That's BS what she did. I'm sorry; but what she did is trying to move out at the end of a lease without paying the balance. She owes you one way or another.

exactly, I hate it when people don't give me advance notice, now u have to scramble at the last minute and jobs just don't care about what is going on in your house

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

We are all moving out of the current house and she is NOT coming with me. I got a condo for just my kids and I. YAY!! First time with just the 3 of us, I can't wait. Actually my Aunt and Uncle are being lifesavers and are letting me rent this gorgeous 2 yr old condo they bought to retire in but decided they don't want. And I wouldn't get a penny from her if I tried so I'll just charge it to the game. Ahh breath, let go and let God. I am through. Her season as my friend has obviously come to an end. Thanks everyone for the input!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey ladies, just wanted to say hello to all. Just returned from JA after many delays and getting stranded in Florida, but im home. I miss my SO already, and must have spent the last 8 hours crying off and on :crying: . As for him, he is doing well, his head looks like someone tried to split a coconut with a machete... ;) but it is healing and he is back on his feet. Im not complaining and wouldnt allow him to either, as GOD is good and he is here to tell about it. He is all pressed about the scar in his head and his hair not growing properly in the area, i told him you better wear that dyam scar as a badge of honor that you are able to live and tell about it. The weather was nice and we had a great time, now i have to figure out how not to fall into depression about us being apart again. :no: Does this ever get any easier???? doesnt feel like it sometimes. alright it is nearing 3 am and im getting delirious with sleep. Plus i have a lot of reading to do to catch up.

Unruly, PM me when you get a chance and tell me how your trip was.

Be Blessed Ladies

Honeychild

Timeline

Morning all!

Welcome back Honey!

Classy, sorry to hear about your roommate troubles -

I had an interesting weekend - I went to Great Adventure to see Machel - traffic was chaos and it ended up taking us over FIVE hours to get there! We basically went to the show and came home. Machel was incredible as always - He brought out his kids "from all over the world" (as he put it) for one song - 5 beautiful little girls, although looking suspiciously close in age, lol :o . Then he did his song, Unconditional Love - he stopped in the middle and said he had received an email about it, and he wanted his friend to come up and explain his email - Called this guy to the stage, and he proposed to his girlfriend in front of everyone - it was so sweet and so beautiful!

Also had a new adventure with DJ and his phone - He dropped it in water (again, lol) - so he had it near the stove trying to dry it out - Which worked, but he put the chip back in and apparently the phone was hot from the stove and it melted the chip :bonk:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Hey ladies, just wanted to say hello to all. Just returned from JA after many delays and getting stranded in Florida, but im home. I miss my SO already, and must have spent the last 8 hours crying off and on :crying: . As for him, he is doing well, his head looks like someone tried to split a coconut with a machete... ;) but it is healing and he is back on his feet. Im not complaining and wouldnt allow him to either, as GOD is good and he is here to tell about it. He is all pressed about the scar in his head and his hair not growing properly in the area, i told him you better wear that dyam scar as a badge of honor that you are able to live and tell about it. The weather was nice and we had a great time, now i have to figure out how not to fall into depression about us being apart again. :no: Does this ever get any easier???? doesnt feel like it sometimes. alright it is nearing 3 am and im getting delirious with sleep. Plus i have a lot of reading to do to catch up.

Be Blessed Ladies

Honeychild

Honey,

Welcome back home... Glad to know you made it back safe and sound. I think we all know the awful feeling of leaving your SO in JA. It's one of the worst pains I've ever felt especially when they drive you to the airport. Ugh! I remember walking into the airport with my sunglasses on and tears were still running down my cheeks. I'm glad your SO is healing and trying to get past that terrible experience. I'm sure by you being there that helped in many ways. :devil: Where you in Ochi? I love to fly, but I can't stand delays :angry:

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Timeline

Be Blessed Ladies

Honeychild

It never gets any easier.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning all!

Welcome back Honey!

Classy, sorry to hear about your roommate troubles -

I had an interesting weekend - I went to Great Adventure to see Machel - traffic was chaos and it ended up taking us over FIVE hours to get there! We basically went to the show and came home. Machel was incredible as always - He brought out his kids "from all over the world" (as he put it) for one song - 5 beautiful little girls, although looking suspiciously close in age, lol :o . Then he did his song, Unconditional Love - he stopped in the middle and said he had received an email about it, and he wanted his friend to come up and explain his email - Called this guy to the stage, and he proposed to his girlfriend in front of everyone - it was so sweet and so beautiful!

Also had a new adventure with DJ and his phone - He dropped it in water (again, lol) - so he had it near the stove trying to dry it out - Which worked, but he put the chip back in and apparently the phone was hot from the stove and it melted the chip :bonk:

Sus,

I wanted to go to the show. That was really nice of him to allow that guy to propose. WOW!

Now what number phone is this? lol One thing about a JA man is that they know how to dry out a cellphone. You know how many people in the states get charged for ordering new phones because when they send it back using the insurance the company finds out there's water damage. (Water damage is not covered by insurance) All we have to do is lay it out in the sun, blow dry it, or cook it (DJ) and it works...... :lol:

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.