Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Family,

Question: I am helping a friend of mine put her K1 stuff together for her Honey's interview. Here's the thing. Her SO is Jamaican, but works in Aruba. (Kinnda like Principessa) Because Aruba does not have an Embassy he will be going to Venezula.

He does not have to drop off his DS-230 ahead of time b/c of the expense of taking a flight to Caracas to drop off one piece of paper. They allow them to bring it with them upon the interview. The embassy called him and advised him that his interview is 7/22/08.

Here is my question...He was unaware that JA had issued new BC's. He only has his old one. Do you think the Caracas Embassy will know about the new J'can Birth Certificate? I also don't think he has the letter stating that he is free to marry(tooo early ...can't think of the correct name :lol:). He has his divorce papers for JA. Would he need the free to marry on top of the Divorce decree?

Ok, thanks ya'll!

Love & blessings,

Gill

Gill, I would not worry about the birth papers. I don't think they will know the difference and to me a BC is a BC.

I WOULD go get the non-impediment form. Rush it. I think that will be on some sort of checklist as it seems to be required at every embassy I read about.

Things will go great for him! Repeat it over and over again like a mantra.

Thanks JG,

Tonight has been crazy with me trying to get Ray to go over the DS-230 to be sure everything is ok. Our form is dated Feb 2008 because that's when I filled most of it out. Is this ok or should he change it? Then he put his school name under the section where his home address should go so put one line through it. We'll see when he gets there. I told him if somethings not right and he has to come back, his tail will be getting on the local bus to Kingston for sure. lol My man, I tell you.....

I wouldn't worry about the date, Sun.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I'm telling you, he took forever trying to fill out the education part and we had already figured out all the dates. I was like honey are you finish? He said I have one more left to write. LOL

:lol: And the dates! I keep saying remember, we put the month first here, not the day. You have to write the dates exactly as they ask.....I keep putting off filling out the DS150's so we don't have to go through it again!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here's a sign for your desk, Lawny!

complaint.JPG

:rofl:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Timeline
Here's a sign for your desk, Lawny!

complaint.JPG

:rofl:

THANKS Sunny I just printed it on the plotter so, it's HUGE now I'm going to get some helping haning it on the wall outside my office.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

JG --

Link me please.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Congrats Lawny! I read about your interview. I'm trying to get my SO prepared. He goes to his medical August 4th and Interveiw August 19th. He's nervous. So nervous he dreamed about it while I was there. I'm praying he does well. I tried to put everything in order for him before I left yesterday. Then I keep quizzing him on questions... Keep us in your prayers for August 19th..

tymoore

Congrats Lawny! I read about your interview. I'm trying to get my SO prepared. He goes to his medical August 4th and Interveiw August 19th. He's nervous. So nervous he dreamed about it while I was there. I'm praying he does well. I tried to put everything in order for him before I left yesterday. Then I keep quizzing him on questions... Keep us in your prayers for August 19th..

Of course Ty'moore; Tell him to not worry and I really mean that. Just make sure he had everything. I was asked for NO EVIDENCE (JUST 25 DAMN QUESTIONS). My fiance was never worried about the entire process. I guess that's what made it SO easy on me during the interview. Will your SO pick up his medical or will he have them send it to the embassy. You have a choice now.

I forgot to share this with ya'll. While we were waiting in Section A there was a couple sitting next to my fiance and they were fussing the entire time. Come to find out her fiance opened his medical envelope by mistake. He said he doesn't read very well. But they tell you when you go to pick it up DO NOT OPEN IT....There is a HUGE paper on the front of the envelope that says do not open. They were approved anyway, I guess it just depends on what mood the CO is in when you get to their window. It says that you could receive SEVERE consequences if the envelope is opened, but God was on their side that day.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I know you guys probably do not want to hear me say this today; but I just talked to Tre and I am going to put it out there......

ALL of you who are recently married or are soon marrying........once you file for AOS......

......the day after you file for AOS, start some files for LOC. You will need 2 years full of everything you can think of. I was going to list it all here; but too much. Go to the Yardies lifting conditions page and see all I saved and I think there are some others who listed their stuff that I didn't have a need for. Start saving it every month so at the end, you will be as calm as I am now.

You don't have to do anything more then throw it in some file folders as it comes in for almost 2 years.

At this point, I am not even stressing about filing for LOC. I thought I would be. I think being overly prepared and not scrambling is the key here.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

I know you guys probably do not want to hear me say this today; but I just talked to Tre and I am going to put it out there......

ALL of you who are recently married or are soon marrying........once you file for AOS......

......the day after you file for AOS, start some files for LOC. You will need 2 years full of everything you can think of. I was going to list it all here; but too much. Go to the Yardies lifting conditions page and see all I saved and I think there are some others who listed their stuff that I didn't have a need for. Start saving it every month so at the end, you will be as calm as I am now.

You don't have to do anything more then throw it in some file folders as it comes in for almost 2 years.

At this point, I am not even stressing about filing for LOC. I thought I would be. I think being overly prepared and not scrambling is the key here.

got it JG....you're the BOMB!

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I should be a disclaimer that some of the stuff you MAY not be able to get his name on till he has his EAD or AOS anyhow. Most of our stuff is from after his green card came 5 months after I filed for AOS because we were unable to get his name on any bills, bank accounts, etc. till after. But, AS SOON as any sort of joint paperwork or statements come in, start saving them.

I promise you it will make it easier for you when you are where I am now.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

I should be a disclaimer that some of the stuff you MAY not be able to get his name on till he has his EAD or AOS anyhow. Most of our stuff is from after his green card came 5 months after I filed for AOS because we were unable to get his name on any bills, bank accounts, etc. till after. But, AS SOON as any sort of joint paperwork or statements come in, start saving them.

Yesterday I was able to add his name to all the utilities (cable, gas, electric) and my bank accounts (they asked for his passport). We also got him a photo ID card for the state. They wanted something with his address on it and I told them he just moved to the country and they asked will he be living with me and I said yes and that was it. I should get his health insurance card next week. Where I work you're able to add a DOMESTIC partner immediately they change it to spouse after we get married. What else am I suppose to be working on?

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Welcome back Ty - hope you had a good trip!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Yesterday I was able to add his name to all the utilities (cable, gas, electric) and my bank accounts (they asked for his passport). We also got him a photo ID card for the state. They wanted something with his address on it and I told them he just moved to the country and they asked will he be living with me and I said yes and that was it. I should get his health insurance card next week. Where I work you're able to add a DOMESTIC partner immediately they change it to spouse after we get married. What else am I suppose to be working on?

You are good thus far. Relax until after the wedding. Then, come back on and ask me again.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Island woman,

Thanks! yes I did have a good trip. Actually got to spend some time with the inlaws as well. Its so hard for both of us

whenever I have to leave. He's already called me this morning. But prayerfully he will be here within the following weeks..

Lawny,

I think I will tell him to return and pick it up himself. He doesn't live very far from MOBAY and it will just give me a better piece of mind as well. I have everything organized for him in a nice file folder he can retreive it and add it to rest of his info.

tymoore

Timeline
Lawny, I mixed a CD fi yuh and Marcel!!

And anyone who likes old love songs lol!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q5ja6c

Thanks my girl. :crying: ...he wants to get married right away. Keeps telling me he's waited long enough to make me his wife. Tomorrow will be one week since he's here; and when I wake in the morning, I wake up to him steering in my face. Life is good. Then my son walks in..."mommy I want Marcel to make my breakfast and take me to school"

BEAUTIFUL!!! :luv:

Good morning all...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.