Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Things will go great for him! Repeat it over and over again like a mantra.

Thanks JG,

Tonight has been crazy with me trying to get Ray to go over the DS-230 to be sure everything is ok. Our form is dated Feb 2008 because that's when I filled most of it out. Is this ok or should he change it? Then he put his school name under the section where his home address should go so put one line through it. We'll see when he gets there. I told him if somethings not right and he has to come back, his tail will be getting on the local bus to Kingston for sure. lol My man, I tell you.....

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning Family,

Question: I am helping a friend of mine put her K1 stuff together for her Honey's interview. Here's the thing. Her SO is Jamaican, but works in Aruba. (Kinnda like Principessa) Because Aruba does not have an Embassy he will be going to Venezula.

He does not have to drop off his DS-230 ahead of time b/c of the expense of taking a flight to Caracas to drop off one piece of paper. They allow them to bring it with them upon the interview. The embassy called him and advised him that his interview is 7/22/08.

Here is my question...He was unaware that JA had issued new BC's. He only has his old one. Do you think the Caracas Embassy will know about the new J'can Birth Certificate? I also don't think he has the letter stating that he is free to marry(tooo early ...can't think of the correct name :lol:). He has his divorce papers for JA. Would he need the free to marry on top of the Divorce decree?

Ok, thanks ya'll!

Love & blessings,

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Mawning Family,

Question: I am helping a friend of mine put her K1 stuff together for her Honey's interview. Here's the thing. Her SO is Jamaican, but works in Aruba. (Kinnda like Principessa) Because Aruba does not have an Embassy he will be going to Venezula.

He does not have to drop off his DS-230 ahead of time b/c of the expense of taking a flight to Caracas to drop off one piece of paper. They allow them to bring it with them upon the interview. The embassy called him and advised him that his interview is 7/22/08.

Here is my question...He was unaware that JA had issued new BC's. He only has his old one. Do you think the Caracas Embassy will know about the new J'can Birth Certificate? I also don't think he has the letter stating that he is free to marry(tooo early ...can't think of the correct name :lol:). He has his divorce papers for JA. Would he need the free to marry on top of the Divorce decree?

Ok, thanks ya'll!

Love & blessings,

Gill

I would have him go with what he has.

THEN go back with everything if need be!!

Unlikely they'll be trying to make his life a misery like the JA Embassy does!!

In the meantime, hasn't he got anyone that could get the stuff for him in Jamaica?

Dud he get a packet 3 from them?

That would tell him.

Or she could phone the Embassy there and ask 'what should he bring?'

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My sister is a soca fanatic--I might have to kill her if she can't hear some soca!! She SWEARS she's West Indian!! :lol::lol: I love it all---anything I can dance to and makes me feel good, I love! Irie Jamboree sounds cool...are there alcohol at these events? :innocent:

Irie Jamboree: http://www.iriejamboree.com/

Carnival events: http://www.wiadca.org/

There are a zillion other things as well -

Other resource for info: http://www.islandmix.com

I know there is alcohol at some of the events, like the Museum - I am not sure about Irie Jamboree - I don't drink a lot at most of them, especially being out in the hot sun all day. Last year Machel Montano and Vegas did a show in Manhattan - it was so so good, they brought out so many special guests, including Busta Rhymes -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Mawning Family,

Ok, thanks ya'll!

Love & blessings,

Gill

Hey gill,

I agree with JaEng,

let him take what he has and then let them blue slip if that's what they call it there. I would hope the Non Impediments not needed since he has his divorce papers. It seem like each Embassy does there own thing. I wish them luck.....

ROC

Timeline
Mawning Family,

Ok, thanks ya'll!

Love & blessings,

Gill

Hey gill,

I agree with JaEng,

let him take what he has and then let them blue slip if that's what they call it there. I would hope the Non Impediments not needed since he has his divorce papers. It seem like each Embassy does there own thing. I wish them luck.....

I would agree with Sunny and JAEng - Better to go with what he has and hope for the best than to try to reschedule. I would think that the Non Impediments wouldn't be needed either - his divorce certificate should prove that he is free to marry.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Thanks JG,

Tonight has been crazy with me trying to get Ray to go over the DS-230 to be sure everything is ok. Our form is dated Feb 2008 because that's when I filled most of it out. Is this ok or should he change it? Then he put his school name under the section where his home address should go so put one line through it. We'll see when he gets there. I told him if somethings not right and he has to come back, his tail will be getting on the local bus to Kingston for sure. lol My man, I tell you.....

LOL - Sunny, your man sounds just like mine! It took him almost a whole month to fill out the school question and the address question!! :bonk: I was like WTH, you're wasting precious time here. Luckily I filled everything else out!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Mawning Family,

Ok, thanks ya'll!

Love & blessings,

Gill

Hey gill,

I agree with JaEng,

I would agree with Sunny and JAEng - Better to go with what he has and hope for the best than to try to reschedule. I would think that the Non Impediments wouldn't be needed either - his divorce certificate should prove that he is free to marry.

Gill - have her check out the embassy page. It says what is needed and not needed. But I agree better to go with what he has and maybe get blue slipped than reschedule. http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...amp;cty=Caracas

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Timeline
Lawny, I mixed a CD fi yuh and Marcel!!

And anyone who likes old love songs lol!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q5ja6c

Thanks my girl. :crying: ...he wants to get married right away. Keeps telling me he's waited long enough to make me his wife. Tomorrow will be one week since he's here; and when I wake in the morning, I wake up to him steering in my face. Life is good. Then my son walks in..."mommy I want Marcel to make my breakfast and take me to school"

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Mawning Family,

Ok, thanks ya'll!

Love & blessings,

Gill

Hey gill,

I agree with JaEng,

I agree. Do NOT reschedule your interview. I saw MANY, MANY, MANY people who did not have what they needed and they were not turned away. They presented what documents they had, did their fingerprints and went to do the interview. If you're missing something they may get annoyed, but all the cases that I saw during my interview were given blue slips. Noone was turned away from the interview window for not having all of their documents. A few K-1s did not have the new birth certs or the non-impiedment and they were given blue slips to return in a few weeks.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Morning Ladies and gents.. It's almost Friday ..Thanks God..

Here is a little laugh I enjoyed this morning:

I was shocked, confused, bewildered

As I entered Heaven’s door

Not by the beauty of it all

Nor the lights or its décor

But it was the folks in Heaven

Who made me sputter and gasp—

The thieves, the liars, the sinners

The alcoholics and the trash

There stood the kid from seventh grade

Who swiped my lunch money twice

Next to him was my old neighbor

Who never said anything nice

Herb, who I always thought

Was rotting away in hell

Was sitting pretty on cloud nine

Looking incredibly well

I nudged Jesus, ‘What’s the deal?’

I would love to hear Your take

How’d all these sinners get up here?

God must have made a mistake

And why’s everyone so quiet

So somber – give me a clue

“Hush Child” He said, they’re all in shock

No one thought they’d be seeing you

JUDGE NOT!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

Thanks JG,

LOL - Sunny, your man sounds just like mine! It took him almost a whole month to fill out the school question and the address question!! :bonk: I was like WTH, you're wasting precious time here. Luckily I filled everything else out!

I'm telling you, he took forever trying to fill out the education part and we had already figured out all the dates. I was like honey are you finish? He said I have one more left to write. LOL

ROC

SERENITY NOW.......SERENITY NOW

I'm going to RING my co-workers necks. I must have superWOMAN written across my forehead. How is it that I support 165 people and they all want to be spoonfed. I'm about to FLICK off again. If they keep this up I'm going to come in here tomorrow dressed like an OBEAHOMAN.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.