Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Sunny, I think the Bus from Ochi to Kingston only runs twice a day - early am and late night - he's probably better off dealing with a taxi, since he has to be there mid-day. It might be a bit more expensive, but it should be faster - DJ took the bus one night and we talked for about an hour while it was sitting on the side of the road - it had stopped so that people could use the bathroom and get food.

No, there are route taxis that go throughout the day!!

He may have to change in Spanish Town though.

I would be AMAZED if there were only TWO buses that ran!!

Was about to say the same thing. Sunny link me in the morning tomorrow....u crazy woman u.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I read this and just wanted to CRY. Now, for those of you who PM me and told me I was NUTS to talk to the CO officer like that without receiving the APPROVAL first, please read below and tell me was all that NECESSARY; and YES, mi still MAD TO RASS!

Review on July 9, 2008:

Consulate: Nigeria

Rating: (1 / 5) Review Topic: K1 Visa

My fiance and I received our I-129F approval after 8 monthsof waiting and after going on to the visa center got transfered to the Lagos embassy. After not hearing anything about an interview date 2 months later I started emailing the Lagos consulate and inquiring about what was going on, after 2 weeks they emailed me back and told me his interview was April 30th and it was now April 17th. I believe they would have let him miss his interview without batting an eye. We had 9 days to prepare but we got past that obsticle

By the grace of God we got all the paperwork, police report and most of the medical exam done in 1 day and he kept his appointment. After waiting 5 hours they called him to the window ( how much more impersonal can they get )and before he was even sworn in the interviewing officer told him she wasn't giving him a visa. After taking his visa fee knowing she wasn't giving him his visa she proceeded to ask questions which he answered completely. She asked for his proof of our relationship which he handed her. She asked about pictures. He gave her some photo's and then proceeded to show her the scrapbook I had made of my prior trip to Lagos. She asked for the scrapbook, when it wouldn't fit through the slot she forced it, ripping it apart. She asked him where he got the book. He told her I made it, she asked where , he said America, she asked how he got it, he said my fiance sent it to me, she said where is the paperwork for the package, he said in the packet of paperwork he had just handed her and hadn't looked at, she said oh yea, I've een it. He asked her how and she said I've seen it and your still not getting a visa. She confiscated all our photo's, the scrapbook, all our cards ,letters, phone bills, text messages, emails, IM messages etc and told him he wasn't getting them back, then proceeded to tell him he was getting a denial letter and they were going to request that the USCIS revoke his I-129F approval based on not enough evidence or proof of a relationships. Our denial that day was based on someone's grudge against anyone having a relationship with any kind of age difference between them and just down right nastiness and disrespect.

It is sad that we have these kind of Americans representing us in foreign countries because they are the ones who give Americans a bad name. I am ashamed of the way some of my fellow Americans behave. I don't blame other countries for looking down on us, I just hope they know that just because there are a few bad apples doesn't make the whole bunch rotten, Oh yea the same way we should view citizens of other countries, just because they have a few bad apples doesn't make the whole tree bad. The way the Lagos consulate treats the Nigerian people is disgusting and they should be ashamed. What goes around comes around eventually, Gos is watching

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I read this and just wanted to CRY. Now, for those of you who PM me and told me I was NUTS to talk to the CO officer like that without receiving the APPROVAL first, please read below and tell me was all that NECESSARY; and YES, mi still MAD TO RASS!

Review on July 9, 2008:

Consulate: Nigeria

Rating: (1 / 5) Review Topic: K1 Visa

My fiance and I received our I-129F approval after 8 monthsof waiting and after going on to the visa center got transfered to the Lagos embassy. After not hearing anything about an interview date 2 months later I started emailing the Lagos consulate and inquiring about what was going on, after 2 weeks they emailed me back and told me his interview was April 30th and it was now April 17th. I believe they would have let him miss his interview without batting an eye. We had 9 days to prepare but we got past that obsticle

By the grace of God we got all the paperwork, police report and most of the medical exam done in 1 day and he kept his appointment. After waiting 5 hours they called him to the window ( how much more impersonal can they get )and before he was even sworn in the interviewing officer told him she wasn't giving him a visa. After taking his visa fee knowing she wasn't giving him his visa she proceeded to ask questions which he answered completely. She asked for his proof of our relationship which he handed her. She asked about pictures. He gave her some photo's and then proceeded to show her the scrapbook I had made of my prior trip to Lagos. She asked for the scrapbook, when it wouldn't fit through the slot she forced it, ripping it apart. She asked him where he got the book. He told her I made it, she asked where , he said America, she asked how he got it, he said my fiance sent it to me, she said where is the paperwork for the package, he said in the packet of paperwork he had just handed her and hadn't looked at, she said oh yea, I've een it. He asked her how and she said I've seen it and your still not getting a visa. She confiscated all our photo's, the scrapbook, all our cards ,letters, phone bills, text messages, emails, IM messages etc and told him he wasn't getting them back, then proceeded to tell him he was getting a denial letter and they were going to request that the USCIS revoke his I-129F approval based on not enough evidence or proof of a relationships. Our denial that day was based on someone's grudge against anyone having a relationship with any kind of age difference between them and just down right nastiness and disrespect.

It is sad that we have these kind of Americans representing us in foreign countries because they are the ones who give Americans a bad name. I am ashamed of the way some of my fellow Americans behave. I don't blame other countries for looking down on us, I just hope they know that just because there are a few bad apples doesn't make the whole bunch rotten, Oh yea the same way we should view citizens of other countries, just because they have a few bad apples doesn't make the whole tree bad. The way the Lagos consulate treats the Nigerian people is disgusting and they should be ashamed. What goes around comes around eventually, Gos is watching

wow that was mean if the pics didnt fit all the CO had to do was ask him to take them out of the book. Thats crazy. When some folks have some form of power they use it the wrong way.

Edited by JALOVE

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It looks like we'll be staying at either the Sheraton or Courtyard Marriott in Newark I believe. What is the Irie Jamboree? As far as actual events, we're looking for something to do...I've been labeled the "Event Organizer" for my little crew of folx, so I'm trying to find stuff to do. Any suggestions?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This was a big bus - I dunno, that's what he said - I know the route taxis run, but this is some type of worker bus or something -

JAEng, your son is too cute, what a devil grin he has!

It looks like we'll be staying at either the Sheraton or Courtyard Marriott in Newark I believe. What is the Irie Jamboree? As far as actual events, we're looking for something to do...I've been labeled the "Event Organizer" for my little crew of folx, so I'm trying to find stuff to do. Any suggestions?

Irie Jamboree is a HUGE all day reggae show - last year was amazing, everyone and anyone was there. What types of events are you looking for? Soca or Reggae?

The Brooklyn Museum is always good on Friday night - other than that, I haven't really looked to see what is going on yet, but I will and will PM you. I love Soca, so we are always down there somewhere for Labor Day!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

That is horrible - I would probably be sitting in jail somewhere, or that worker would have lost their job for sure - I bite my tongue on a lot of stuff, but piss me off and look out - That is one of the worst interviews I have read, I hope and pray that they push it further and go over that CO's head -

Timeline
Hey guys...I know I haven't posted in a while, but things have been crazy lately. I just want to congratulate Lawny on getting Marcel here so quickly!! Now, you can't get rid him :lol::lol:

Question for you folx from the NY area...Me and my girls are coming up for the Carnival. Looks like we will be staying in New Jersey instead of NY...How easy is it to get to Brooklyn from Jersey? What should we do? Where will everyone be? Are the VJ folks linking up?

Tamisha

It depends on how far in Jersey your in...I have a friend who lives in Jersey and she lives like 30mins away from Great Adventures and it takes her an hour to get to Brooklyn...if you are not driving you would have to take the Jersey turnpike to Manhattan and then take the train to BK...that will probably be like almost 2hrs +...I live in the Bronx and Brooklyn is 2hrs from me by train and when i drive it takes me like 45mins...What carnival are you talking about???...Are you talking about the Labor Day parade in September???...I thought they stopped doing that parade...

When I would visit NY we stayed right across the GW in NJ. Took the a direct bus into Manhattan that let us off at the bus terminal in the Times Square area. It was quick. from there taking a train into Brooklyn should be easy to get. But i dont know where in NJ u will be.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Lawny, I mixed a CD fi yuh and Marcel!!

And anyone who likes old love songs lol!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q5ja6c

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
OMG.....I can't think of anything more disgusting today then this. Why would someone do this to themselves?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2..._SAY_POLICE.asp

P.S. Where do you think the charger was hidden?

I'd say he had some important phone calls to make while in prison. But seriously - would YOU put that phone next to your ear after it has been up there????!!!

Ever see "Maria Full of Grace"? The scene where they learn to swallow those drugs. Always makes me cringe.

Now, think about hiding this phone where he hid it. OMG.......I'm clenching!!!!!!!

One question? Who removed the phone???? :rofl:

I need to stop posting these kinds of things. You guys bring up images in my head that I never wanted to think about!!!!!

I was just curious because I know JA's don't deal with that kind of nonsense..... But, was it on vibrate...... Ok, Ok forget it...

Ok , so this reminds me. I have a co-worker who's wedding I was invited to.......a GAY wedding!! Hey! I live in Cali. So I was talking to him about my husband and JA and he says he goes there Mobay every year to perform. He has lots of friends there who will be coming up for his wedding. I was like "wow, thats cool" I think there is alot of folks in JA who are open about the gayness. I know that on average homosexuality is a no no, but there is a HUGE gay sector in JA. I was reading this guys blog about it. hes gay and in JA, and from what he talks about its HUGE. My husband used to live in Kingston and he was talking about some club that is a gay club and it would end like 6am and when he was on his way to work that morning he would pass the club and the guys would be out there hoopin and hollerin at him....like catcalls. I was like wow, from how people talk I thought you would never hear of stuff like this in JA. Apparently there is a big DL issue down there too.

Timeline
Ok , so this reminds me. I have a co-worker who's wedding I was invited to.......a GAY wedding!! Hey! I live in Cali. So I was talking to him about my husband and JA and he says he goes there Mobay every year to perform. He has lots of friends there who will be coming up for his wedding. I was like "wow, thats cool" I think there is alot of folks in JA who are open about the gayness. I know that on average homosexuality is a no no, but there is a HUGE gay sector in JA. I was reading this guys blog about it. hes gay and in JA, and from what he talks about its HUGE. My husband used to live in Kingston and he was talking about some club that is a gay club and it would end like 6am and when he was on his way to work that morning he would pass the club and the guys would be out there hoopin and hollerin at him....like catcalls. I was like wow, from how people talk I thought you would never hear of stuff like this in JA. Apparently there is a big DL issue down there too.

My last trip, I was delayed coming home - So I was sitting in the bar in the airport, and this guy sat down and started talking to me - He was blatantly out and open, and had been in JA to do a fashion show - He had a grand time, and met lots of people - Homosexuality is definitely there -

Timeline
Okay...I need help.

ATLANTIC CITY or Las Vegas? If you've stated in either cities and remembered the name of the hotel please post it.

JG -- thanks for the joke and Sunny...u just plain CRAZY..VIBRATE

Oh heck no!! LV ALL THE WAY. There is nothing that can compare to LV, when it comes down to what LV offers. I am the Queen of the place. Let me know what you're looking for and I can tell you where to stay. There are just WAAAY to many great hotels to choose from. You have to narrow it down a bit.

Timeline
Lawny, I mixed a CD fi yuh and Marcel!!

And anyone who likes old love songs lol!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q5ja6c

Great music.....love them all

Thanks for sharing

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Timeline

This was a big bus - I dunno, that's what he said - I know the route taxis run, but this is some type of worker bus or something -

JAEng, your son is too cute, what a devil grin he has!

Irie Jamboree is a HUGE all day reggae show - last year was amazing, everyone and anyone was there. What types of events are you looking for? Soca or Reggae?

The Brooklyn Museum is always good on Friday night - other than that, I haven't really looked to see what is going on yet, but I will and will PM you. I love Soca, so we are always down there somewhere for Labor Day!

My sister is a soca fanatic--I might have to kill her if she can't hear some soca!! She SWEARS she's West Indian!! :lol::lol: I love it all---anything I can dance to and makes me feel good, I love! Irie Jamboree sounds cool...are there alcohol at these events? :innocent:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sunny, I think the Bus from Ochi to Kingston only runs twice a day - early am and late night - he's probably better off dealing with a taxi, since he has to be there mid-day. It might be a bit more expensive, but it should be faster - DJ took the bus one night and we talked for about an hour while it was sitting on the side of the road - it had stopped so that people could use the bathroom and get food.

He's playing it safe and taking a taxi that will wait for him. Lord, I just hope things go well. :wacko:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Things will go great for him! Repeat it over and over again like a mantra.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.