Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not yet and they mailed it out on the 23rd of June.

Must be in the same mail bag as mine! :angry:

Well, it's about friggin time...... I got the e-mail today and Ray has to go drop off the DS-230 on Thursday, July 10th @ 12:30. Yay!!!!!! :dance:

Tanya, yours is coming girl....

I got the same day and time Sunny, but my SO cant make it she is out the country, I am asking for a new appointment date, I am hoping they are not to strict with rescheduling.

Hey JSKI;

I hope you'll be able to change the date and time. It was my understanding that Thursday was the day to drop off information that was requested by the embassy and if you were blue slipped they usually tell you to come back on a Thursday. if you get a new date it will most likely be on a thursday at the same time...anyway good luck.

Thanks ALL

I am going to prep my SO to be ready for Thursdays and try to stay in country. She is a flight attendant and when I got the email yesterday she already boarded a flight and it was to late to re-schedule, she wont be back to JA till late thursday. If we cant get a favorable appt. I will take you guys advice and express mail it.

Can someone else drop it off for her? I am new at this so I don't know if she has to be the one dropping it off or not. Just a thought.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OMG.....I can't think of anything more disgusting today then this. Why would someone do this to themselves?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2..._SAY_POLICE.asp

P.S. Where do you think the charger was hidden?

I'd say he had some important phone calls to make while in prison. But seriously - would YOU put that phone next to your ear after it has been up there????!!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Thanks all, that's what I could find too - I thought maybe someone here would have different info - of course, I am panicking about it, and he has the no worries attitude - but since we are booked for the Bahamas, he needs to take care of it now!

You're right to be worried Sus. The Registrar General takes their sweet a$$ time dealing with anything!! :wacko:

Better go to CVS and buy him one of those passport protectors!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes, he's replacing it in Jamaica - He spilled something on it and it is illegible :bonk:

Hey Sus,

Samething happened to Dwayne with spilling water on his JM passport. I can't remember how much he had to pay for everything. I will speak to him tonight to see if he remembers. I don't know if your SO will have to do the same but you may have to prepare him for some running around.

Dwayne he had to the following:

1. He had to go to police station in the area he lives and file a claim for damaged/lost passport

2. The police station gave him a form in sealed envelope to take to Passport office in Spanish Town

3. They gave him another form he had to take and have stamped by local autority. I can't remember that name but it is like when we get notorized

4. He took this form back to police station in his area for a signature from police chief /captain

5. Finally, he took form back to SpanishTown and they processed a new passport which he picked up a week or so later

Good Luck Wakey! :thumbs:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Thanks, Wakey! I knew most of the process - his friend is a cop in Kingston - If he remembers the cost that would be great!

Ok I'll let you know tomorrow. Can't access internet on home computer yet. lol

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline
OMG.....I can't think of anything more disgusting today then this. Why would someone do this to themselves?

I'd say he had some important phone calls to make while in prison. But seriously - would YOU put that phone next to your ear after it has been up there????!!!

Sounds like a batty bwoy to me.......

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Ever see "Maria Full of Grace"? The scene where they learn to swallow those drugs. Always makes me cringe.

Now, think about hiding this phone where he hid it. OMG.......I'm clenching!!!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Good 'noonday ladies;

What a morning we've had.

8:00am - Dentist appt. took all of 15mins

8:30am - Filed for marriage license (took 1/2 hour) woman was all is Marcel's face and talking pure FART and rubbish. Asking him 100 questions about Jamaica and like a damn rass ediat im a ansah err...mi tell im seh if im start TWANG mi ago bax im inah im head. Before she hands us the licenses she says (so, do you have any friends in Jamaica that's SINGLE wink..wink)...mi rass. I was like, I guess the wedding band on your ring finger don't mean much...

9:00am - Social Security Office (2 rass hours). He'll get his card by Friday they say. We'll see. Woman said he's able to work (I was like I don't think so). I didn't ask any questions I was too annoyed with the long wait.

Now, I'm at work and my in box is about it to break and someone just sent a nasty e-mail about them being placed in a 4 STAR hotel while other co-workers were placed in a 5 STAR hotel....####### is going on today. Now, should I could to 2000 before I reply to the e-mail or just let it go.

Thanks for letting me VENT

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Good 'noonday ladies;

8:30am - Filed for marriage license (took 1/2 hour) woman was all is Marcel's face and talking pure FART and rubbish. Asking him 100 questions about Jamaica and like a damn rass ediat im a ansah err...mi tell im seh if im start TWANG mi ago bax im inah im head. Before she hands us the licenses she says (so, do you have any friends in Jamaica that's SINGLE wink..wink)...mi rass. I was like, I guess the wedding band on your ring finger don't mean much...

9:00am - Social Security Office (2 rass hours). He'll get his card by Friday they say. We'll see. Woman said he's able to work (I was like I don't think so). I didn't ask any questions I was too annoyed with the long wait.

Now, I'm at work and my in box is about it to break and someone just sent a nasty e-mail about them being placed in a 4 STAR hotel while other co-workers were placed in a 5 STAR hotel....####### is going on today. Now, should I could to 2000 before I reply to the e-mail or just let it go.

Vent away Lawny and tell the complainer they are lucky they aren't at the local YMCA because hotel not want them!!

Timeline
Good 'noonday ladies;

See them directions to the Motel 6!! :angry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys...I know I haven't posted in a while, but things have been crazy lately. I just want to congratulate Lawny on getting Marcel here so quickly!! Now, you can't get rid him :lol::lol:

Question for you folx from the NY area...Me and my girls are coming up for the Carnival. Looks like we will be staying in New Jersey instead of NY...How easy is it to get to Brooklyn from Jersey? What should we do? Where will everyone be? Are the VJ folks linking up?

Tamisha

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Not yet and they mailed it out on the 23rd of June.

Must be in the same mail bag as mine! :angry:

Well, it's about friggin time...... I got the e-mail today and Ray has to go drop off the DS-230 on Thursday, July 10th @ 12:30. Yay!!!!!! :dance:

Tanya, yours is coming girl....

I got the same day and time Sunny, but my SO cant make it she is out the country, I am asking for a new appointment date, I am hoping they are not to strict with rescheduling.

Hey JSKI;

I hope you'll be able to change the date and time. It was my understanding that Thursday was the day to drop off information that was requested by the embassy and if you were blue slipped they usually tell you to come back on a Thursday. if you get a new date it will most likely be on a thursday at the same time...anyway good luck.

Thanks ALL

I am going to prep my SO to be ready for Thursdays and try to stay in country. She is a flight attendant and when I got the email yesterday she already boarded a flight and it was to late to re-schedule, she wont be back to JA till late thursday. If we cant get a favorable appt. I will take you guys advice and express mail it.

Can someone else drop it off for her? I am new at this so I don't know if she has to be the one dropping it off or not. Just a thought.

Only the beneficiary can drop off the form. He/she will need their passports to enter the embasssy.

ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys...I know I haven't posted in a while, but things have been crazy lately. I just want to congratulate Lawny on getting Marcel here so quickly!! Now, you can't get rid him :lol::lol:

Question for you folx from the NY area...Me and my girls are coming up for the Carnival. Looks like we will be staying in New Jersey instead of NY...How easy is it to get to Brooklyn from Jersey? What should we do? Where will everyone be? Are the VJ folks linking up?

Tamisha

It depends on how far in Jersey your in...I have a friend who lives in Jersey and she lives like 30mins away from Great Adventures and it takes her an hour to get to Brooklyn...if you are not driving you would have to take the Jersey turnpike to Manhattan and then take the train to BK...that will probably be like almost 2hrs +...I live in the Bronx and Brooklyn is 2hrs from me by train and when i drive it takes me like 45mins...What carnival are you talking about???...Are you talking about the Labor Day parade in September???...I thought they stopped doing that parade...

Edited by jgay80

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

Ever see "Maria Full of Grace"? The scene where they learn to swallow those drugs. Always makes me cringe.

Now, think about hiding this phone where he hid it. OMG.......I'm clenching!!!!!!!

One question? Who removed the phone???? :rofl:

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.