Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can I just rant for a moment? Ok good.... I HATE packing to move!!!! I know I have to but I just feel like its endless. I can't wait to be settled somewhere forever, lol. Ok thanks, complaining made me feel better, now i'm off to pour a glass of wine and tackle the kids clothes.

I know the feeling Classy. I wish we lived closer because I would come over and lend a helping hand. Hang in there and wine sounds good right about now.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not yet and they mailed it out on the 23rd of June.

Must be in the same mail bag as mine! :angry:

Well, it's about friggin time...... I got the e-mail today and Ray has to go drop off the DS-230 on Thursday, July 10th @ 12:30. Yay!!!!!! :dance:

Tanya, yours is coming girl....

I got the same day and time Sunny, but my SO cant make it she is out the country, I am asking for a new appointment date, I am hoping they are not to strict with rescheduling.

Shouldn't be a problem Jski - I had to cancel our 1st appointment as they made it before my SO even had a DS230 in his hand. It just may take a couple extra weeks. They are not too fast on the e-mails lately.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Wow, I guess after not answering all the e-mails last week, they just sent that date out for everyone. LMAO They may reschedule her for another Thursday because that's the only day the collect them. Or she can just mail it in so that you don't hold up the process. If you mail it, be sure to have a tracking number so that you know when it reaches. Good Luck to you... I'm trying to get my So to catch the bus to Kingston, but it's not working....lol :wacko:

Oh boy....that's a long ride! How did he get there before?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill...fuss of all how dat deh uncle so brite and fiesty....a tell yuh bout dem family yah

And can i say LAWNY u is a hot dyam mess fi true....!!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Wow, I guess after not answering all the e-mails last week, they just sent that date out for everyone. LMAO They may reschedule her for another Thursday because that's the only day the collect them. Or she can just mail it in so that you don't hold up the process. If you mail it, be sure to have a tracking number so that you know when it reaches. Good Luck to you... I'm trying to get my So to catch the bus to Kingston, but it's not working....lol :wacko:

This is the first time he's had to go.

ROC

Timeline

Andre took the bus and he sort of rented out a taxi driver for the day. There is really no easy way to get all the way there.

Morning all!

Does anyone know what the replacement cost for a damaged passport is in JA? I found the form, but they don't list the costs :rolleyes:

Remind me again......is he replacing IN Jamaica? Or are you from the US?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yes, he's replacing it in Jamaica - He spilled something on it and it is illegible :bonk:

Sorry, Sus. I am the Queen of info. on how to replace it from here. In Jamaica, I have no clue.

Passport Fees:

Adult Minor

Passport (Renewal & First Time)

US$90.00

US$60.00

Lost Passports

US$170.0

US$110.00

Passports Amendments

US$20.00

Emergency Certificate

US$60.00

Shipping & Handling

for all documents

US$10.00 (Second business day delivery from due date) FEDEX

These are the prices if applying from the US. They should at least give you a ballpark figure. Sorry, best I can do.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Andre took the bus and he sort of rented out a taxi driver for the day. There is really no easy way to get all the way there.

Morning all!

Does anyone know what the replacement cost for a damaged passport is in JA? I found the form, but they don't list the costs :rolleyes:

He's going to rent a cab for the day from Ochi and the guy will carry him down there to take care of everything..... Hopefully everything works out. if his appt is @ 12:30, I guess he needs to be there by 12:00.

Yes, he's replacing it in Jamaica - He spilled something on it and it is illegible :bonk:

Sorry, Sus. I am the Queen of info. on how to replace it from here. In Jamaica, I have no clue.

Passport Fees:

Adult Minor

US$90.00

US$60.00

Lost Passports

US$170.0

US$110.00

Passports Amendments

US$20.00

Emergency Certificate

US$60.00

Shipping & Handling

for all documents

These are the prices if applying from the US. They should at least give you a ballpark figure. Sorry, best I can do.

Yep, that was all I could find JG...

ROC

Timeline
Not yet and they mailed it out on the 23rd of June.

Must be in the same mail bag as mine! :angry:

Well, it's about friggin time...... I got the e-mail today and Ray has to go drop off the DS-230 on Thursday, July 10th @ 12:30. Yay!!!!!! :dance:

Tanya, yours is coming girl....

I got the same day and time Sunny, but my SO cant make it she is out the country, I am asking for a new appointment date, I am hoping they are not to strict with rescheduling.

Hey JSKI;

I hope you'll be able to change the date and time. It was my understanding that Thursday was the day to drop off information that was requested by the embassy and if you were blue slipped they usually tell you to come back on a Thursday. if you get a new date it will most likely be on a thursday at the same time...anyway good luck.

Thanks ALL

I am going to prep my SO to be ready for Thursdays and try to stay in country. She is a flight attendant and when I got the email yesterday she already boarded a flight and it was to late to re-schedule, she wont be back to JA till late thursday. If we cant get a favorable appt. I will take you guys advice and express mail it.

Timeline
He's going to rent a cab for the day from Ochi and the guy will carry him down there to take care of everything..... Hopefully everything works out. if his appt is @ 12:30, I guess he needs to be there by 12:00.

Tell him not to sweat getting there for 12. A got there at 12 and sat around. He was in and out in about 2 minutes.

Timeline

Morning all!

Passport Fees:

Adult Minor

US$90.00

US$60.00

Lost Passports

US$170.0

US$110.00

Passports Amendments

US$20.00

Emergency Certificate

US$60.00

Shipping & Handling

for all documents

Yep, that was all I could find JG...

Thanks all, that's what I could find too - I thought maybe someone here would have different info - of course, I am panicking about it, and he has the no worries attitude - but since we are booked for the Bahamas, he needs to take care of it now!

Sunny, I think the Bus from Ochi to Kingston only runs twice a day - early am and late night - he's probably better off dealing with a taxi, since he has to be there mid-day. It might be a bit more expensive, but it should be faster - DJ took the bus one night and we talked for about an hour while it was sitting on the side of the road - it had stopped so that people could use the bathroom and get food.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

OMG.....I can't think of anything more disgusting today then this. Why would someone do this to themselves?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2..._SAY_POLICE.asp

P.S. Where do you think the charger was hidden?

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
OMG.....I can't think of anything more disgusting today then this. Why would someone do this to themselves?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2..._SAY_POLICE.asp

P.S. Where do you think the charger was hidden?

:rofl: :rofl: :blink:

I guess when you need to make a call - We know how they love their cell phones! Maybe he kept a spare battery instead of a charger?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.