Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tre.....they will come out of the woodwork for a long time. Just hang in there.

AMEN!!!!! Ken's long lost Aunt & Uncle in FL called a few weeks ago...haven't spoken or seen Ken since he was 10!! (He's 27 now!) Called the other day and his uncle said

"I heard yuh Gyal won't let yuh hout from honda har crouches fuh call or guh see nuhboddi!!!"

:angry: #######! Ken went off and set em straight han told em...First of all dat 'gyal' is my wife, so please show har deh upmost respect!! ! Han 'Is where deh heck yuh been fuh 17 years...yuh mussi jus crawl hout from hondaneath yours!'

The Uncle apologized afta dat han did not seh another outta order ting!

I was like 'Dat's the dyam facety han bright Man I feel in love wid! :thumbs: Gwaan Baby!

Lawny...'F'-EM!!!!! Is yuh han Marcel a build a life yehso...tell dem claat fi guh siddung!

:luv: ,

Gill

Gilly - I think we are all falling in love with Ken!!! Big ups to him again. :thumbs:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tre.....they will come out of the woodwork for a long time. Just hang in there.

AMEN!!!!! Ken's long lost Aunt & Uncle in FL called a few weeks ago...haven't spoken or seen Ken since he was 10!! (He's 27 now!) Called the other day and his uncle said

"I heard yuh Gyal won't let yuh hout from honda har crouches fuh call or guh see nuhboddi!!!"

:angry: #######! Ken went off and set em straight han told em...First of all dat 'gyal' is my wife, so please show har deh upmost respect!! ! Han 'Is where deh heck yuh been fuh 17 years...yuh mussi jus crawl hout from hondaneath yours!'

The Uncle apologized afta dat han did not seh another outta order ting!

I was like 'Dat's the dyam facety han bright Man I feel in love wid! :thumbs: Gwaan Baby!

Lawny...'F'-EM!!!!! Is yuh han Marcel a build a life yehso...tell dem claat fi guh siddung!

:luv: ,

Gill

Gilly - I think we are all falling in love with Ken!!! Big ups to him again. :thumbs:

fi real

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JENGS....where the HECK you been?

Wakey; They know this...a one rass cuss'in dem ago get again dis evening if dem call back. "I'm holding him CAPTIVE"...that burned a hole in me. Mi rassclaat di man no even deh er 1 week yet. Mi naw hold im captive...he can go out when he want. Marcel says to just ignore them. They miserable and misery loves company. Dem baxide...I am not the rass one...sarry fi dem.

running around with mr jengles and being the good wife...lol, I have so much to catch up on. It seems like marcel is here??? Listen to Gill and others on here who have been thru the same thingpray and have patience.

oh and then pray again when he gets a job. the phone calls will really start. mr jengles got phone call for school books :whistle: and school don't even start until September.

Dyam Jengy your people dem is PON DEH BALL!!! :no: Why wait han ask inna September wat yuh cyaan ask fuh tiddeh!

I can't!

Bless,

Gill

OK it went from school books to school uniforms....let see what it will be next week :whistle:

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ha Ha, Tre...........Now the fun begins!!!! Enjoy it!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Fuh REAL!!!! I am dying Girl...cause I feel fuh yuh! Since Ken come I can't find a dyam ting inna mi kitchen!! When I ask all I get is..."It nuh spell sense fuh keep hit dehso...suh mi move hit yehso!" :blink:

Last night we went to Red Lobster. Mi Man wanted to take me out to celebrate our 1 month anniversary (although it's today :wacko: ...whatever)...I thought I was going to KILL Ken!!

The whole menu deh man ah hask deh waiter..."Is wat typa fish dat?" "Yuh nuh ave nuh Parrot, Doctor or Yellowtail Snapper? Mi nuh too tough into deh pond fish...mi waan some sea fish!" The poor college kid was like "Look Man, this is my summer gig and to me... fish is fish!" :lol::lol::lol: I had to jump in a say "Babe, ah nuh fish hut dis! Just pick sittin'!!" A MESS!!!

OMG...then when deh fish come wid no tail and head...my man was VEX!!! :angry::angry::angry: Dem price suh dare han dem cheat yuh outta yuh head and tail!! Dat nuh right Mon...dat nuh right!

I was like ..."OK, I am stuck in a bad Oliver Samuels episode!...Where's the camera!?"

Mental note to self...no more RL for us! I'll take him to City Island in the Bronx next time we decide to go out for fish!

Like JG said...Gurrrrrrl, this is only the beginning...it's sometimes frustrating, but usually funny to see how they make their adjustment to the states. Just grin and bare it as lang as you can. :D You know what I say..."This too shall pass!" :thumbs:

Bless,

Gill

P.S. - Mi woulddah haffi deduct $$ from his first few paychecks fi pay mi back fuh mi good good oxtail and goat meat...wata pissa cheek! ;):lol:

:rofl: This is too funny. Especially Marcel!! Wow, he's making himself right at home. Evan is really picky with food too! im cyan complain and complain just as much as im cyan nyam dung di food im complain about :angry: . He is really vocal about what he like and dont like. One thing is he dont cook, so expect you to cook for him. i told him if he complains one time after getting here about my cooking it will be the LAST time I cook for him. It really is ridiculous. His adoptive father imports food for all the big name hotels out there the the boy got used to some really good eating. This has made him a pain in my....

I don't know what they see in those Red Lobster commercials; but they are always upset that they don't live up to their expectations. Andre sucked teeth the other day when we drove by.

This is sooo true. Evan already told me about the RL commercials and how he wants this to be one of his first places to eat. :wacko:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Now, I'm boiling mad right now. Marcel's aunt and uncles dem calling asking "WHY I'M HOLDING HIM CAPTIVE"...####### :angry: .....well, I didn't want to do it, but they just got a good SEASONED Jamaican cussing. When he was in Jamaica and they wouldn't visit they wouldn't even say 2 words to him. I'm not chaning my phone number...they're going to see the real meaning of a ***ch (Jamaican STYLE)......

:dance::dance: Man!! I wish Jamaican cuss words would roll off my tongue as good as the US one!! The tongue lashing is just so much sweeter when in patois. I talk really fast some times and the patois just dont come fast enough for me when i wanna bust words to sombody.

Good for you!! You know people been getting on my last nerve these past couple days and I'm not even one to cuss, but I have been havin the strong urge to just yel out some REAL dutty bad wud!!

Timeline

Wakey; They know this...a one rass cuss'in dem ago get again dis evening if dem call back. "I'm holding him CAPTIVE"...that burned a hole in me. Mi rassclaat di man no even deh er 1 week yet. Mi naw hold im captive...he can go out when he want. Marcel says to just ignore them. They miserable and misery loves company. Dem baxide...I am not the rass one...sarry fi dem.

running around with mr jengles and being the good wife...lol, I have so much to catch up on. It seems like marcel is here??? Listen to Gill and others on here who have been thru the same thingpray and have patience.

oh and then pray again when he gets a job. the phone calls will really start. mr jengles got phone call for school books :whistle: and school don't even start until September.

Dyam Jengy your people dem is PON DEH BALL!!! :no: Why wait han ask inna September wat yuh cyaan ask fuh tiddeh!

I can't!

Bless,

Gill

OK it went from school books to school uniforms....let see what it will be next week :whistle:

Shoes!!

Timeline

I am laughing about red lobster. My husband is odd though and loves it!

Oh yeah and another curse is you will never go to Jamaica without gifts for the family. If there is someone who goes empty handed can you tell me your secret! LOL I was shopping this weekend with my mom for all these goods and she just couldn't believe my mother in law asked me to buy gifts for her 2 god sons. Thank goodness we won't be able to afford to go back until hubby graduates college. So that should be 31/2 to 4 more years. I think she is understanding we don't have any money with her son in school, a little baby girl and surviving mostly on a teachers salary. We will be breaking the news to her that we will not be going down for a long time. I think she will be crushed because hubby is her only son and family around. To bad she couldn't adopt him now and we could get her up her in the next 4 years.

Marlita I think good news should be coming to you soon for an interview. You should be next! Crossing my fingers for you and don't worry about the interview part that was the easiest. They hardly asked us any questions. Just give your hubby a binder of your documents so he looks organized. It will work and you guys will be living happily ever after.

Lawny way to go!! Thank goodness you can speak wickedly!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Now, I'm boiling mad right now. Marcel's aunt and uncles dem calling asking "WHY I'M HOLDING HIM CAPTIVE"...####### :angry: .....well, I didn't want to do it, but they just got a good SEASONED Jamaican cussing. When he was in Jamaica and they wouldn't visit they wouldn't even say 2 words to him. I'm not chaning my phone number...they're going to see the real meaning of a ***ch (Jamaican STYLE)......

:dance::dance: Man!! I wish Jamaican cuss words would roll off my tongue as good as the US one!! The tongue lashing is just so much sweeter when in patois. I talk really fast some times and the patois just dont come fast enough for me when i wanna bust words to sombody.

Good for you!! You know people been getting on my last nerve these past couple days and I'm not even one to cuss, but I have been havin the strong urge to just yel out some REAL dutty bad wud!!

It will come Lita...just keep practicing (sp?) Truss mi...there is 1 out of 2 time I actually speak patois...if I am speaKing with other J'cans or...when someone git mi rass mad! The first time Ken heard me he was like :o "Mi Rahtid!!! Mi neva knoa seh Yankee ooman couldda cuss suh!!" :lol: I could cuss in patois before I could speak patois properly! The only time in my 'proper British' household my parents would speak patois would be an argument!! My Mom especially used to go OFF the dyam handle! My sis and myself had to learn Fast what the heck she was saying so we could know if we were the cause of her malcontent! :lol: One time my little Irish friend witnessed it first hand and she was like "Dang...I didn't know your Mom could speak Spansh!" :lol:

Keep practicing and one day ...BAM you'll be cussing as well as any J'can sailor! :lol:

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

It will come Lita...just keep practicing (sp?) Truss mi...there is 1 out of 2 time I actually speak patois...if I am speaKing with other J'cans or...when someone git mi rass mad! The first time Ken heard me he was like :o "Mi Rahtid!!! Mi neva knoa seh Yankee ooman couldda cuss suh!!" :lol: I could cuss in patois before I could speak patois properly! The only time in my 'proper British' household my parents would speak patois would be an argument!! My Mom especially used to go OFF the dyam handle! My sis and myself had to learn Fast what the heck she was saying so we could know if we were the cause of her malcontent! :lol: One time my little Irish friend witnessed it first hand and she was like "Dang...I didn't know your Mom could speak Spansh!" :lol:

Keep practicing and one day ...BAM you'll be cussing as well as any J'can sailor! :lol:

Gill

haha, I know its bad, but J'can cuss words are so funny to me that I dont really feel like they're cuss words. I guess cuz i'm not used to people hearing them. But for somereason, when I get mad the first way I start to think is in patois. Patois is the perfect language to be mad in and get your point across fast. So for whatever reason if someone pisses me off i instantly think in patois, but my tongue in patois is not fast enough yet to keep up.

Filed: Timeline
I am laughing about red lobster. My husband is odd though and loves it!

Oh yeah and another curse is you will never go to Jamaica without gifts for the family. If there is someone who goes empty handed can you tell me your secret! LOL I was shopping this weekend with my mom for all these goods and she just couldn't believe my mother in law asked me to buy gifts for her 2 god sons. Thank goodness we won't be able to afford to go back until hubby graduates college. So that should be 31/2 to 4 more years. I think she is understanding we don't have any money with her son in school, a little baby girl and surviving mostly on a teachers salary. We will be breaking the news to her that we will not be going down for a long time. I think she will be crushed because hubby is her only son and family around. To bad she couldn't adopt him now and we could get her up her in the next 4 years.

Marlita I think good news should be coming to you soon for an interview. You should be next! Crossing my fingers for you and don't worry about the interview part that was the easiest. They hardly asked us any questions. Just give your hubby a binder of your documents so he looks organized. It will work and you guys will be living happily ever after.

Lawny way to go!! Thank goodness you can speak wickedly!!

Ms. B;; I go empty handy all the time. I learned a long time ago that you can't please everyone. For those of you that know what the term "OLD BRUCK" mean...you'll understand....dem betah dan mi.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Gill

haha, I know its bad, but J'can cuss words are so funny to me that I dont really feel like they're cuss words. I guess cuz i'm not used to people hearing them. But for somereason, when I get mad the first way I start to think is in patois. Patois is the perfect language to be mad in and get your point across fast. So for whatever reason if someone pisses me off i instantly think in patois, but my tongue in patois is not fast enough yet to keep up.

The only Jamaican anger I have mastered is kiss teeth. When I do it to my kids they give me the look out the corner of their eye and just walk away. I did it to my SO once on the phone and he was like what.... did you just kiss teeth at me??? I said daymn straight - aren't you glad to taught me to do it properly!! :rofl:

Filed: Timeline

Gill

DWL;

When they hear me on the phone at work...they ask me the same thing..."are you speaking Spanish"...dat sound like rass PANISH tu u? Sometimes I forget where I am especially when I'm deep in thought. Most times when I'm doing a presentation my accent will get very heavy and I'll forget and LORD help me if another Jamaican starts talking to me. That happened early this year at a medical conference with West Indian doctors it was too funny. When my name was announced you could hear demm...yea mon an one yardie dat...so me tell dem fi tap di naise...they laughed... of course everyone else was like WTH....all I could do was laugh. yOU KNOW a lot of Jamaicans cannot READ or WRITE patwah and I think that is so damn funny. When I went to school in Jamaica it was a private Catholic school that was ran by a church in England and we were FORBIDDEN to speak PATWAH...I remember one of the nuns was crossed eye and very mean (Lord forgive me for this) and I use to call her LOOK-A-BUSH the kids would crack up but she never knew what I was saying then someone told and well, I got TORN up. Oh, well....mi sure seh ar eye still a look a bush same way.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

One of Andre's friends told him, as he was packing to leave JA, that I was going to boil him and eat him. I tell Andre all the time, we should mail Nollis some bones just for the hell of it! Stupid fools.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

One of Andre's friends told him, as he was packing to leave JA, that I was going to boil him and eat him. I tell Andre all the time, we should mail Nollis some bones just for the hell of it! Stupid fools.

WTH??!!! Now that's funny!!! :rofl::bonk:

Timeline

WTH??!!! Now that's funny!!! :rofl::bonk:

I just looked at him and said there's not enough meat on your bones to bother with all that boiling!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.