Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
mawnin yardies,

Lawny, congrats again and again girl. I'm so happy for you and marcel. How has his first couple of a days been? I hope the ex is not scaring him.... We may have to pull out a can of whipaz- on him. He's acting real simply...

Wakey, congrats on dwayne getting his visa. I can't wait until I get to that point. If I can only get a darn appt to drop off the ds-230. I haven't heard a word from them people after sending 3 e-mails....

Anyone else have interviews scheduled?

Nothing yet--WTH??!!! How about just overnight mailing it or DHL? Use something with a tracking #. Then it will at least get there this week!

I just had the realization this weekend that our NOA2 expires August 15. Doesn't look like we will have our interview by then. Anyone have any ideas what I am supposed to do re: an extension??

The NOA2 has an expiration date that good for 4 months. But, 2 of the ladies that had interviews the same day we did NOA2 had expired before their interview and they were interviewed and approved anyway. They try to get you an appt before the expiration date usually.

How does an NOA2 expire? I have never heard of this.

Well thats interesting. I guess thats only for I-129F petitions right. Cause the I-130 never move that fast. If that was the case I am about to expire in a week and I dont even have an interiew date.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill,

I forgot to tell you that I went to a houswarming party in Greenwood...lawd di house dem up dehso BIG...anyway the homeowners son is some popular dancer name BASHY (don't know if Ken knows him)...but I was like...IS YOUR EYEBROWS ARCHED...he answered in his EXTREMELY high pitched voice YESSSSSSSSSS....I was like mi RASS. Marcel just took my hand and led me away before I could ask him anymore questions. DAMN...I wanted to ask him who did his eyebrows and fingerwaved his hair....WHO THE HELL still wear FINGERWAVES in 2008.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :rofl::rofl: ...Gurl, initially, i thought, if he looks anything like he sounds I think it's safe fi seh NO...Ken nuh knoa Bashy! The way my husband stay he woulddah stay far just b/c he doesn't want to be thought of as GBA (Gay By Association)!

But, I gave my husband the benefit of a doubt and called em. Once I described Bashy he was like "FINGGA-WAVE han ARCHED YEYE- BROW!!!!" :o NUH SUH mi nuh deal wid no man wid FINGGAWAVE...ah wat deh (&*&^%^($#@.....*()^%$@#%*()... finally ending wid 'AH FISH DAT.".han "it's P***y mi a defend! " :rofl::rofl: I can't... a simple Yes or no would have suffice! :no: Yardmen...yuh can tek deh man houtta Yard...but yuh cyan't tek deh Yard houtta deh Man!!

:lol:

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline
Gill,

I forgot to tell you that I went to a houswarming party in Greenwood...lawd di house dem up dehso BIG...anyway the homeowners son is some popular dancer name BASHY (don't know if Ken knows him)...but I was like...IS YOUR EYEBROWS ARCHED...he answered in his EXTREMELY high pitched voice YESSSSSSSSSS....I was like mi RASS. Marcel just took my hand and led me away before I could ask him anymore questions. DAMN...I wanted to ask him who did his eyebrows and fingerwaved his hair....WHO THE HELL still wear FINGERWAVES in 2008.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :rofl::rofl: ...Gurl, initially, i thought, if he looks anything like he sounds I think it's safe fi seh NO...Ken nuh knoa Bashy! The way my husband stay he woulddah stay far just b/c he doesn't want to be thought of as GBA (Gay By Association)!

But, I gave my husband the benefit of a doubt and called em. Once I described Bashy he was like "FINGGA-WAVE han ARCHED YEYE- BROW!!!!" :o NUH SUH mi nuh deal wid no man wid FINGGAWAVE...ah wat deh (&*&^%^($#@.....*()^%$@#%*()... finally ending wid 'AH FISH DAT.".han "it's P***y mi a defend! " :rofl::rofl: I can't... a simple Yes or no would have suffice! :no: Yardmen...yuh can tek deh man houtta Yard...but yuh cyan't tek deh Yard houtta deh Man!!

Gill

DWL wid laugh.... :rofl: that's why Marcel had to take me away...bout im no wah deh in a di same room wid one fish...he didn't even want me talking to the guy. Girl, when he said, Yessssss....I had tears in my eyes. You know later on that night I took a picture of him at the club. I had to. I'll post it. When I get some time. I also have a picture of Anthony Anderson and I. He asked me to dance cha slide with him (Jamaican style) and I was like sure...can I get a picture first...since my friends were not going to believe me...I'll also post that. He's a sweetheart...He was with the guy from Juwana Man (don't know his name)...he looked HORRIBLE and I didn't know they were so short. I was towering over them. Of course Marcel was like...who the heck is that. They rolled up in the Margaritaville like they were big time stars I was cracking up. All Mr. Anderson kept saying was it's hot as a MFkr up in here. I was like well, you're in Jamaica. I kept calling him Mr. Anderson and he was like...look I don't want that tall MFkr over there to F'me up. Is that your man? I was like yes. He was like PEACE!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny, good to see that you are back safe and sound and had a great time in Ja. Your interview sounded life fun and you made them feel the way they try to make us feel. :angry:

Anyway, I am very happy for you and Marcel and hope that as you start this leg of your journey, you will have an abundance of joy and happiness as you journey together. :thumbs:(L)(F)

:ot: Mike got his visa last week and does not plan to come up till August. He has a prior commitment to his curch to help with VBS and will come up after he fulfills that commitment.

Much love

Claire

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Hey Gill;

Just want to add my piece about Ken's baby mother. As long as KJ is with her, she is going to use him to get stuff from you both. Where does she expect Ken to have all that funds to support her? He just got here. Because she knows his soft spot for his child she is going to feed on that. But keep a level head and not let her stress you guys. It is things like this that the devil uses to cause stress and strife in relationships. Keep your head up. Tell Ken I truly like his style. Big him up for me.

Much Love

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

WELCOME BACK LAWNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Ladies, if anyone needs a rain check for CVS pharmacy for $100 worth of Sprint phonecards on the buy one get one free offer, please PM me with your details. Basically you buy $100 worth and get an extra $100 free, so $200 worth for $100.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not yet and they mailed it out on the 23rd of June.

Must be in the same mail bag as mine! :angry:

Well, it's about friggin time...... I got the e-mail today and Ray has to go drop off the DS-230 on Thursday, July 10th @ 12:30. Yay!!!!!! :dance:

Tanya, yours is coming girl....

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Well, it's about friggin time...... I got the e-mail today and Ray has to go drop off the DS-230 on Thursday, July 10th @ 12:30. Yay!!!!!! :dance:

:dance::dance: Hooray for you two Mich!!! Glad you "finally" heard something from them.

Tanya, your's should be right behind hers too! :thumbs:

Welcom Back Lawny... ;)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

Ladies, if anyone needs a rain check for CVS pharmacy for $100 worth of Sprint phonecards on the buy one get one free offer, please PM me with your details. Basically you buy $100 worth and get an extra $100 free, so $200 worth for $100.

Good looking out Engy :thumbs: ...I've been looking for that deal...bogo Sprint phone cards!!

Bless-ed,

gill

WOOOO-HOOOO!!!!! AWESOME News Sunny...looks like an early September interview date! (fingers crossed)

Gill

Hey Gill;

Just want to add my piece about Ken's baby mother. As long as KJ is with her, she is going to use him to get stuff from you both. Where does she expect Ken to have all that funds to support her? He just got here. Because she knows his soft spot for his child she is going to feed on that. But keep a level head and not let her stress you guys. It is things like this that the devil uses to cause stress and strife in relationships. Keep your head up. Tell Ken I truly like his style. Big him up for me.

Much Love

Claire

Thanks Clariey! Yeah...that's why we are trying to bus rass to file and get KJ up here! She would love nothing better than for KJ's K2 to expire...and it ain't gonna happen!

:luv: you,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Nish and Gill,

The funny thing was that I was dialing the embassy when the e-mail flashed on my computer screen. lol I hope I get a Sept interview date. I hope Ray can enjoy some warm weather when he comes. lol Thanks again because I don't know what I would do without my yardie folks.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Timeline
Thanks Nish and Gill,

The funny thing was that I was dialing the embassy when the e-mail flashed on my computer screen. lol I hope I get a Sept interview date. I hope Ray can enjoy some warm weather when he comes. lol Thanks again because I don't know what I would do without my yardie folks.

I have a copy of the Packet 3. As Gill mentioned, the main form that you need to complete is the DS-230. The other papers are for informational purposes. If you're interested, I can fax you the Packet 3. Just PM your fax number. Our Packet 3 never arrived, we had to pick it up in person.

Having a bit of a rough weekend here. Wondering WTH we need family anyway. Some days..................

Funny.....I thought the same thing this weekend.........!!!!

Congrats Lawny - welcome Marcel!! My heart is exploding for you two! (L)

Right there with ya'll!

This morning...bright and Early KJ's mom calls! Ok, she has been building a house...so she is moving this Friday! Great, cause the area she lives in now is straight Garrison! We have been sending money down to her religiously for KJ's expenses and to help wid her move. The end of every month we send her $$. She calls today to tell Ken that her house needs windows and can we send down more $$ before Friday! :blink:

I look at Ken like... :huh: ...what is she talking about we just sent her her monthly allowance LAST WEEK!!! Look this month is already bugeted and I want to get Ken's AOS out before the end of it! If we send her what she is asking for that will NOT happen!

I told him...we can't do it! I'm sorry! He understood why and seemed ok with it...but I know in his heart he is worried about his son sleeping in a home with no windows! SOOO... now what??? Do I look like a big bad meanie and stick with the plan to file or give this chick her dyam windows!!? I told him we can give her the windows...but I don't want to hear JACK about going back to Yard anytime soon b/c w/o the AOS filed...there will be No GC or AP...zeen!?

Am I wrong? I just feel so dyam conflicted with this thing! At the same time I'm like WHO THE HELL doesn't realize that windows need to be purchased PRIOR to your move! So, you know me...is this Chick trying to run GAME on us??? I just want Ken and KJ to be happy and safe...but I don't want to be manipulated! Which is EXACTLY what I feel like I am being right now!

URRRRRRRGH!!! :angry:

Bless,

Gill

Gil,

I just got back from JA on Saturday, and I saw lots of houses with the window area boarded up, waiting to get the windows. I say do the AOS, and send the mother the window money, one window at a time when you and Ken has it. They will not be completely exposed to the element. Look at it this way she is a lot further, than she would have been if you had never entered into their life. Repeat what Jamaican always says it will soon happen. The windows will soon happen.

Be Blessed

Roxcie

Timeline
Gill,

Gill

DWL wid laugh.... :rofl: that's why Marcel had to take me away...bout im no wah deh in a di same room wid one fish...he didn't even want me talking to the guy. Girl, when he said, Yessssss....I had tears in my eyes. You know later on that night I took a picture of him at the club. I had to. I'll post it. When I get some time. I also have a picture of Anthony Anderson and I. He asked me to dance cha slide with him (Jamaican style) and I was like sure...can I get a picture first...since my friends were not going to believe me...I'll also post that. He's a sweetheart...He was with the guy from Juwana Man (don't know his name)...he looked HORRIBLE and I didn't know they were so short. I was towering over them. Of course Marcel was like...who the heck is that. They rolled up in the Margaritaville like they were big time stars I was cracking up. All Mr. Anderson kept saying was it's hot as a MFkr up in here. I was like well, you're in Jamaica. I kept calling him Mr. Anderson and he was like...look I don't want that tall MFkr over there to F'me up. Is that your man? I was like yes. He was like PEACE!

lol.. tre mi tink di same ting bout di fingerwaves last mont wen mi see dis bwoy wid di FREEZE pon him head!! mi fren sey 'look at di fingerwaves" and mi sey "no mi gyal, dat dere is a FREEZE, mi guess him gwaan bring it back in style!?!

mi cyann wait fi look pon ya pictas!! Sounds like ya'll had a BLAST at margaritaville.. Anthony Anderson sounds just like the characters he usually plays. he is soo funy to me. i saw the dude from jawanna mann in Orlando a couple of years ago w/ his fam, he was nice enough to take a pic w/ my sista. he really looked bad huh.. he used to be cute to me, i guess living too fast and too hard.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How many minutes do you get on those phone cards, and how much is one? I never knew that Sprint had a good rate.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.