Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
P.S.- We will NOT be going to Kings County!!!! Did you see pon deh news ow everybody walk round han let that poor ooman die right there pon the floor in the waiting room! I thought KC had cleaned up their act man! :no: Dyam disgrace!

That was so horrible - I couldn't believe when I saw that!

I agree - they aired that story even on my news up here. Even the daymn doc left her laying there!! #######, they think she is sleeping??? Cho!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
OFF TOPIC )))))

Hey all....question about the AOS. Someone just PM'd me and asked this and it got me to thinking. The question was..."How long after we get married, do we have to officially File the AOS?"

I'm thinking they give us a certain amount of time to send the AOS packet in once you're married but does anyone actually know how long we have?????? :wacko:

Secondly, they asked whether or not their fiance would be able to "keep" his job while waiting for the permanent EAD.....once the 90 day work permit expires? I told her it probably would be up to the employer but that more than likely, her fiance would NOT be allowed to continue working and would have to wait to get the EAD in the mail. I've heard of some people getting "RE-Hired" once they have the EAD but how likely is that????

Anybody have thoughts on these topics? If so.....PM me with what u know or write back :)

Me & dave are in the same situation when the time comes, so any info would be helpful! LOL

This is a topic often spoken about on here. You have to marry in 90 days. After that, there really is no official word on how long you have. Technically, once you marry, you are out of status because you are no longer the fiance who came on the K-1. Also, the longer you take eventually effects the AP & EAD. I have heard of a few people who have waited over a year and one who waited 2 years and AOS without problems.

As far as the 90 day work permit.....yes, it is up to the employer. Most I have heard do not allow you to work unless you are legal for obvious reasons.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Anyone see this about the guy travelling on a stolen passport?

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20080701/news/news2.html

I have to admit the names in that story made me giggle.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OFF TOPIC )))))

Hey all....question about the AOS. Someone just PM'd me and asked this and it got me to thinking. The question was..."How long after we get married, do we have to officially File the AOS?"

I'm thinking they give us a certain amount of time to send the AOS packet in once you're married but does anyone actually know how long we have?????? :wacko:

Secondly, they asked whether or not their fiance would be able to "keep" his job while waiting for the permanent EAD.....once the 90 day work permit expires? I told her it probably would be up to the employer but that more than likely, her fiance would NOT be allowed to continue working and would have to wait to get the EAD in the mail. I've heard of some people getting "RE-Hired" once they have the EAD but how likely is that????

Anybody have thoughts on these topics? If so.....PM me with what u know or write back :)

Me & dave are in the same situation when the time comes, so any info would be helpful! LOL

This is a topic often spoken about on here. You have to marry in 90 days. After that, there really is no official word on how long you have. Technically, once you marry, you are out of status because you are no longer the fiance who came on the K-1. Also, the longer you take eventually effects the AP & EAD. I have heard of a few people who have waited over a year and one who waited 2 years and AOS without problems.

As far as the 90 day work permit.....yes, it is up to the employer. Most I have heard do not allow you to work unless you are legal for obvious reasons.

True...Ken's employer let him continue working. They agreed to take out his taxes as if he was still in status...as long as we file before August 31, 2008. I am hoping to file before the end of this month. Few more things to pick-up ( my friend is picking up is Medical/Vaccination Records at MoBay Hope today).

Gill

P.S.- Note to newly approved people and those still waiting...make sure your SO (on K1) brings a copy his medical/vaccination records. The woman at MoBay Hope said a copy would be in the 'DO NOT OPEN TIL YOU REACH THE US' packet...IT WAS NOT!!! :angry: You will need it when you file the AOS...it's cheaper than going through the whole dyam thing again!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
OFF TOPIC )))))

THANKS JG and to all of you who responded (Sus, JAEngy, Mich & Gill... :) )

I passed the info onto our fellow yardie (Belamacanda) as well.

It all makes perfect sense that there technically is "no" time limit on when to do the AOS as dave's "out of status" as soon as we get married and he's no longer a K-1/ fiance status. My thought was to send in the AOS/ EAD/ AP packet the end of this month once we're married. He probably will have to "stop" working as of August 18th when the JFK work stamp ends but atleast we would have filed for the more permanent documents long before then. At best, Dave has been one of the more lucky ones to find a job so fast and get 3 months of work experience while he's still on the K-1......for that, i'm eternally grateful! LOLLLL

Kohl's just called today asking if he wants to come in for an interview too! We're both surprised by how many Pittsburgh employers seem open to hiring him :yes:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

Any Yardies who end up with appointments later in the year and have their medicals after August 1st.....I just saw this new form:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Keep this information in the back of your mind....it says for all medicals after August 1, 2008! I hope the embassy and approved medical facilities would have it; but we all know how that goes.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Good afternoon! I am finally waking up after a couple HUGE cups of coffee. Louis keeps me up too late, I am in need of some beauty sleep!

I just got my dress for the wedding today! Fits perfect and looks as best a white dress can on me! LOL

Tierra got her dress too! YAY!

I have a funny little thing today... I just had a phone/work meeting and when I was off I went to check on Tierra in the bedroom. I had to laugh... she was listening to some old school Madonna on the radio, had blue eyeshadow on and was painting her toe nails! I think she just took a trip back to the 80's!

She leaves tomorrow for 17 days in FL with her father. I am looking forward to the me and Louis time... but I will miss her crazy butt!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
OFF TOPIC )))))

True...Ken's employer let him continue working. They agreed to take out his taxes as if he was still in status...as long as we file before August 31, 2008. I am hoping to file before the end of this month. Few more things to pick-up ( my friend is picking up is Medical/Vaccination Records at MoBay Hope today).

Gill

P.S.- Note to newly approved people and those still waiting...make sure your SO (on K1) brings a copy his medical/vaccination records. The woman at MoBay Hope said a copy would be in the 'DO NOT OPEN TIL YOU REACH THE US' packet...IT WAS NOT!!! :angry: You will need it when you file the AOS...it's cheaper than going through the whole dyam thing again!

Yeah, getting the Immunization records after they get to the States sounds like a headache but it gets done all the time.

I've had Dave's Medical/ Immunization records since April for just that reason.....we need atleast the shot records/ immunization card to send in with AOS. I also found that it's good to stay ahead with the passport pics, copies of the police record and birth certificates too! :lol:

We've used copies of all of them for job applications, his employer, the marriage license and other things as well. I think that's one of the reasons dave got hired so fast.......I had copies of everything to help them make their decision to choose him! :lol:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
Jomo.

My SO may bypass this hopefully, he will be getting his medical within the next couple of weeks.

Its such a freaking nusiance trying to keep up with all these changes.

Ty, I would be on the safe side and make sure he has both forms - His interview is after Aug 1 - you don't want them to turn around and tell him he has the wrong form.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Gill, just be prepared in case they give you an RFE for it.

I actually had mine transcribed by a civil surgeon and STILL got an RFE for the ENTIRE medical, despite filing before my medical was out of date.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
P.S.- We will NOT be going to Kings County!!!! Did you see pon deh news ow everybody walk round han let that poor ooman die right there pon the floor in the waiting room! I thought KC had cleaned up their act man! :no: Dyam disgrace!

That was so horrible - I couldn't believe when I saw that!

I agree - they aired that story even on my news up here. Even the daymn doc left her laying there!! #######, they think she is sleeping??? Cho!

don't even bother going there, we were there last night cause mr jengy needs his meds, THEY WOULD NOT SEE US, a chat bout go the emergency room, so let me get this straight, we have to go the emergency room, pay $100.00 for the emergency room visit for meds that cost $4.00. Mind u there were doctors there, but because we don't have medicaid then they don't have to see us. mr jengy has an appt for 8/4 so a 30 day prescription would have been fine. I had to tell the nurse, most doctors i wouldn't even have had to come into the office, i should have been able to call, have them look in the file and either they would have called the perscription into the pharmacy or have me come and get it. this is his diabetic meds, so its not like he doesn't need them. She looked shocked that stuff like that actually happens :whistle:

at the end she got mad for us, cause she said most times they have to beg the doctors to see the patients even if their own patients walk in then they don't want to see them and she's tired of it. They supposedly have a good diabetic program, but to me the emergency room is for just that emergencies, not for perscriptions.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Gill, just be prepared in case they give you an RFE for it.

I actually had mine transcribed by a civil surgeon and STILL got an RFE for the ENTIRE medical, despite filing before my medical was out of date.

I, on the other hand, sent in only copies of Andre's vaccination record he's had since he was a kid. Went through without a single problem. I personally would not pay a civil surgeon to do a darn thing until I got a RFE.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.