Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yeah JG, i read that in the Gleaner too, that was unfortunate. It does suck that our fares are so high, i check all of the websites for a cheap flight, but no matter what i cannot seem to get a good rate. Domestic flights i normally use priceline, but with international i dont want to be at the mercy of the airline to fly at whatever odd hours they decide to give.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Me too. What about Labor day weekend, y'all?

Sounds good to me!!

When is the NY carnival?

it's over Labor Day weekend every year - There is a ton of stuff that goes on every day / night, and it ends with the Parade on Monday - which I don't know if I would do again, lots of problems the past few years at the Parade.

But Irie Jamboree is a reggae show that Sunday http://www.iriejamboree.com/

Sounds awesome! I'm definitely in. It's funny my friend was just asking me yesterday if I had an Labor Day plans yet.

What happened at the parades, Sus?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

It is a mob scene of people - Last year there was a shooting a block from where we were - the year before someone tried to jump onto a float and someone on the float shot him - Too many people, too much alcohol around, and too hard to get out of the way when there is an issue.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

.....I had to laugh today....I just got a Happy Birthday e-mail from Delta. Wondering if they miss me?????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
It is a mob scene of people - Last year there was a shooting a block from where we were - the year before someone tried to jump onto a float and someone on the float shot him - Too many people, too much alcohol around, and too hard to get out of the way when there is an issue.

OMG!! Little me from the bush would definitely be in culture shock!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus,

I agree, i was trying to book for October, as i try to get to JA every 3 months, while me and SO figure out what were doing, and i swear the fares were pretty outrageous. Now is it me, or did it used to be that the earlier you book your flight the cheaper it should be? And then im scared about going in october since they are stating this year is supposed to be a bad hurricane season.

Anyhoo, My SO gets his stitches out of his noggin today and seems to be sounding and feeling alot better...YAY, so when i see him next week, he will be functional and not requiring me to baby him the whole week...LOL

I swear, Honey, it has something to do with the midwest too. I can't ever seem to find the really great deals people elsewhere seem to get. I think part of it is our connecting flights.

Well, woo hoo.....I just made our bus tickets to Chicago in November. We are going to stay with Mindy for 5 nights. I'm so excited. $27.50 for both of us to go round trip. How cool is that?

On a sad note.....this sickened me today in the Gleaner. WTH is wrong with people? http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...lead/lead1.html

Hey JG,

Have you every tried Worry Free Vacations? I have gotten great deals in the past for air only with them. They are a bit high these days with the price of gas but they are still lower then the main carriers. Plus they are a direct flight.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello friends!

HoneyChild I'm so glad your honey is ok and will be doing great for your trip down!

JaEnglish you took some fantastic pictures at the festival. Thanks for sharing.

Once again I'm working these 14-16hr days and not able to get on the site too much to keep up with everyone.

Dwayne hasn't gotten the visa yet but we're busy trying to figure out when he will come up. It may not be until August. :( All of a sudden everyone wants him to finish family and home business stuff. Like they didn't believe he would be leaving!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Sus,

I agree, i was trying to book for October, as i try to get to JA every 3 months, while me and SO figure out what were doing, and i swear the fares were pretty outrageous. Now is it me, or did it used to be that the earlier you book your flight the cheaper it should be? And then im scared about going in october since they are stating this year is supposed to be a bad hurricane season.

Anyhoo, My SO gets his stitches out of his noggin today and seems to be sounding and feeling alot better...YAY, so when i see him next week, he will be functional and not requiring me to baby him the whole week...LOL

I swear, Honey, it has something to do with the midwest too. I can't ever seem to find the really great deals people elsewhere seem to get. I think part of it is our connecting flights.

Well, woo hoo.....I just made our bus tickets to Chicago in November. We are going to stay with Mindy for 5 nights. I'm so excited. $27.50 for both of us to go round trip. How cool is that?

On a sad note.....this sickened me today in the Gleaner. WTH is wrong with people? http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...lead/lead1.html

Hey JG,

Have you every tried Worry Free Vacations? I have gotten great deals in the past for air only with them. They are a bit high these days with the price of gas but they are still lower then the main carriers. Plus they are a direct flight.

Morning All!!!

Worryfree is the bomb... i agree its not like it used to be but some of the red hot deals are great!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Me too. What about Labor day weekend, y'all?

Sounds good to me!!

When is the NY carnival?

it's over Labor Day weekend every year - There is a ton of stuff that goes on every day / night, and it ends with the Parade on Monday - which I don't know if I would do again, lots of problems the past few years at the Parade.

But Irie Jamboree is a reggae show that Sunday http://www.iriejamboree.com/

I'm taking Ken and the boys this year...1st time for all 3! I kept putting off taking the boys cause it can be so dyam dangerous...not for any crime...but just the AMOUNT OF PEOPLE!!! One year a few people got crushed to death and no body knew til after Eastern Parkway had cleared out in the evening!

:wacko: ...I used to go every year...I'm sorry but there is Nothing like Labor Day pon deh PARKWAY!!!

Mawning...or actually Afternoon All!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Gilli..I'm going to jamboree tooo..big belly and all :)

yea Jamboree is safe...u can even bring a new born...food, and everything...we will link Gilli

Spoke with Lawny..she wants to say hello to everyone...she'll be back on Friday

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yea Jamboree is safe...u can even bring a new born...food, and everything...we will link Gilli

For sure

And since we'll be on the Brook-lawn side...we have to link Jengy! :thumbs:

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

For sure

Bless,

Gill

for sure

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

For sure

Bless,

Gill

hey, you forgot me in the link :crying: I plan on Jamboree too - That was such a great day last year.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.