Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I remember someone that did it a while back, and know that you can do it. However, I wouldn't recommend it either - why take the chance on getting a grumpy immigration agent and having a hard time -

I was just thinking of some ideas. I actually talked to a woman at USVITourism and she said as long as he has his JA passport and I'm a citizen it can be done. She's sending me more information. She actually said a couple did it over a month ago except her fiance was from Barbados and after they got married took a ferry to St. John to honeymoon.

I'll see as time draws near. Thanks for the infor guys..... :)

We saw Get Smart over the weekend. It was so freakin' funny. Well worth the ticket price.

BTW....My predictions on how the weekend would go were absolutely correct.

That's sad. But he was okay with all the extra local attention he got?

:ot: I just called the 202# to make sure they had our DS230. The guy on the phone said "Kingston is .....I wouldn't say strange, but perculiar in how they work". Hmmmmmm......

I can believe that.... Maybe that's the reason why I haven't gotten an appt to drop off the DS-230. I'm really thinking about mailing it...

JG, I hope you guy's had a wonderful time with anniversay and birthday. Tell Jomo hello......

Sunny,

You sent them an email requesting a DS-230 drop-off appt.?

Gill

Gill,

I've sent two e-mails and haven't heard a thing. I'll wait to see if I hear anything this week.

Wow...WTH?? And you put in the subject line your KNG # and 'Requesting Appointment to drop-off DS-230' ?

Gill

I sure did.... I don't know what's going on, but Lawny told me that they were really backed up again so the wait is on.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You can technically get married in Hawaii, USVI and Puerto Rico. However, I've seen them recommend not to on VJ.

I wouldn't take the chance to be honest.

i agree i wouldn't take a chance either....even though they are US territories....you just never know with immigration...

Nanny, the pics of Kaila make me sooooo wish I could photograph her.....I have a lovely pink teapot just waiting :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Congrats, Claire! What a relief!

I had a chaotic day yesterday - I went to NJ for a babyshower, and then was about to call Sunny to try to link up with her - I barely left the baby shower when a bee flew in my window and stung me in the cheek! I stopped at a rest stop and got the stinger out and ice, and drove home with ice the rest of the way - But my face still swelled and looked ridiculous. I took Benadryl, and have slept most of the day today.

JAEng, love the carnival pics = I haven't been to DC's carnival yet - we do NY every year, and I have been to the one in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Boston, Caribana in Toronto - SO much fun. I love the floats and the costumes!

Thanks Sus. :thumbs:

Sorry about the beesting but very happy you did not get into a wreck. I would have panicked.

I have always gone to the NY carnival and only missed it once--last year. Might go up this year..Will see how things go and maybe if Mike is here I can bring him for the experience. :yes:

Lawny & Wakey...Congratulation Sisters!!!

grey_goose_vodka.jpg

It is now time fi SET DEH GOOSE LOOSE!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :thumbs:

Congratulations.jpg

Many blessings to all four of you! I knew you would be ok!

Love always,

Gill

CONGRATS LAWNY & WAKEY!!!!!! :dance::dance: Sorry I missed all the good news when it "actually" happened...LOL

Also, CONGRATS to CLAIRE & MIKE as well!

Thanks T.

Story

Regional debt to be written off if Obama becomes president

Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Democratic candidate for President of the United States (US) Senator Barack Obama is promising 100% debt relief for the Caribbean if he becomes the next leader of the US.

Senator Obama's foreign policy advisor, Dan Restrepo told officials attending the Caribbean Tourism Organisation meeting in Washington DC that this is one of the policies to be pursued if Senator Obama is elected to office.

Mr. Restrepo also spoke about Mr. Obama's intention to facilitate trade between the US and Cuba.

He said the presidential candidate would personally lead direct diplomacy with Cuban officials.

According to Mr. Restrepo, Senator Obama understands the unique security challenges of the Caribbean and that the issue of trans-national crime is of great importance to the region.

As a result, he has promised to restore funding for drug control programmes, which were cut by the George W. Bush administration.

:thumbs:

Did you get this from the Gleaner today? I can't click the link from this stupid home computer.

If you did read the story in today's Gleaner, did you notice how much of a small% this amount above actually is of the entire debt? Mind boggling.

Here is the link: http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/9372/88/

I'm confused...I read 100% debt relief. I took it to mean the entire debt would be taken care of.

:blush::blink::wacko:

This is the story I was referring to......

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200.../business5.html

Congrats, Claire.

Sus.....wierd story. Are you better today? I hate bees!

Bellwin.....I personally never tire of baby pictures. I hope the Baptism was wonderful!

Thanks JG. :thumbs:

Sus,

I hope you feel better. I'm so sorry that damn bee stung you because I remember that pain well. I hope we get to meet at some point though. lol

Congrats Claire.....

Thanls Sunny. I hope you hear from Kingston soon. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Hey Yardies,

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I had a blast in New York at my girlfriends. I went from the pool to the hot tub. It was so nice. Sus and Gill, sorry we didn't get a chance to hook up, but there's always a next time. You guy's will have to meet me there the another time. lol I met two nice guy's from Jamaica and we talked and drank beer all night. My sister said aren't you going to come and talk with us a little. lol Well I'm heading to bed now since I just got home. Glad I don't have to wake up and go to work.....

Sounds like a blast Sunny! Any response from Kingston?

Hey girlie,

Oh, we had a wonderful time. No word from Kingston yet, but I talked with Lawny on Friday and she said they seemed to have gotten behind again. Ugh!

So, the wait is on...................

How is Lawny doing?? When does she come home? I miss her posts!

Morning all -

My cheek is still puffy and sore, but not as bad as it was - I slept more yesterday because of the Benadryl than anything else - I have no tolerance for that stuff!

Sunny, we will definitely meet up at some point - I think we have to plan an East Coast link up!

I'm in!!!

Me too. What about Labor day weekend, y'all?

Timeline
We are going to a Cardinal baseball game Thursday night. On the actual 4th, Andre has to work 1 - 10 pm which pisses me off to no end. He always gets the very worst shifts on holidays. We are both off on Saturday so we might hit Fair St. Louis which is a big deal and takes over downtown.

A fair sounds fun! At least does Andre get paid more for the Holidays?

I think I finally made some plans.. going to a small island off of Portland. My friend who lives in DC is coming up for the summer and her mom has a little cottage (shack) out there and we can see the fireworks and stay for Reggae Sunday! Yay... glad I have plans. Last year I was in St Lucia and obviously had no fireworks (except the one with Louis!! LOLOLOLOL)

No extra pay at all.....holidays, overnights, etc. It sucks.

That sure suck real hard.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations Claire...this moment has been a long time coming for you guys. I hope he gets the fare quickly.

Jomo...Andre's job is pimping him...what are the State Laws on Holiday pay in your area? How can they legally get away with paying regular pay? That really really sucks (so does his mother's reaction to his b-day celebration) *kiss teet*

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Congratulations Claire...this moment has been a long time coming for you guys. I hope he gets the fare quickly.

Jomo...Andre's job is pimping him...what are the State Laws on Holiday pay in your area? How can they legally get away with paying regular pay? That really really sucks (so does his mother's reaction to his b-day celebration) *kiss teet*

Honestly, I don't know. When I worked at Old Navy, we got holiday pay. Now, at Lush, we don't. So, I'm not sure. Something to research.

My head is pounding today. The wife of one of Andre's friends called this morning at 4:16 a.m. to sing Happy Birthday to him. He sucked teeth and said she must've forgotten there is a 6 hour time difference (Germany?). I said there must be a 50 hour time difference since your birthday was 2 days ago!!!! So, I've been at work since 6 a.m. Going to skip lunch and go home at 1:30.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Oops, hit return too fast, lol - Morning everyone!

So, DJ FINALLY picked up his mail last night - He has been so down between everything that is going on, and keeps asking when I am coming - to which I reply - don't know, airfare is really high,..... that I put together a little package - the first page said Happy Early birthday, then the second page said "Welcome to the Bahamas", and I include all the hotel info, some tourist info, etc..... He was so excited - said that no one had ever done anything like that for him before, and he never ever guessed that when I was yelling at him about not going to get the mail that it was something like that - he thought I sent a card or pictures, lol!

The sad thing is that I managed to take the two of us to the Bahamas for less than what it would have cost me to go to JA. I swear, airfares are crazy! I am starting to try to book for Christmas time, and they are so so so high!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sus,

I agree, i was trying to book for October, as i try to get to JA every 3 months, while me and SO figure out what were doing, and i swear the fares were pretty outrageous. Now is it me, or did it used to be that the earlier you book your flight the cheaper it should be? And then im scared about going in october since they are stating this year is supposed to be a bad hurricane season.

Anyhoo, My SO gets his stitches out of his noggin today and seems to be sounding and feeling alot better...YAY, so when i see him next week, he will be functional and not requiring me to baby him the whole week...LOL

Timeline
Sus,

I agree, i was trying to book for October, as i try to get to JA every 3 months, while me and SO figure out what were doing, and i swear the fares were pretty outrageous. Now is it me, or did it used to be that the earlier you book your flight the cheaper it should be? And then im scared about going in october since they are stating this year is supposed to be a bad hurricane season.

Anyhoo, My SO gets his stitches out of his noggin today and seems to be sounding and feeling alot better...YAY, so when i see him next week, he will be functional and not requiring me to baby him the whole week...LOL

I swear, Honey, it has something to do with the midwest too. I can't ever seem to find the really great deals people elsewhere seem to get. I think part of it is our connecting flights.

Well, woo hoo.....I just made our bus tickets to Chicago in November. We are going to stay with Mindy for 5 nights. I'm so excited. $27.50 for both of us to go round trip. How cool is that?

On a sad note.....this sickened me today in the Gleaner. WTH is wrong with people? http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...lead/lead1.html

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Me too. What about Labor day weekend, y'all?

Sounds good to me!!

When is the NY carnival?

it's over Labor Day weekend every year - There is a ton of stuff that goes on every day / night, and it ends with the Parade on Monday - which I don't know if I would do again, lots of problems the past few years at the Parade.

But Irie Jamboree is a reggae show that Sunday http://www.iriejamboree.com/

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.