Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Honey I am glad to hear that everything is all right and that it was just minor injuries. Now when I go down I don't even want to walk on the road with my daughter.

All his bruises will heal soon. The vision is bright for guys.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
im so dang mad at him, stay your *(&^% outta margaritaville and go home!!! ( im not really mad..lol). But if you know your gonna be on the street late at nite, which everyone seems to be all the time in JA, be careful. I am just really thankful he isnt dead, judging by the knot and stitches in his head, he is very lucky.

I am glad it turned out like it did.

Did they catch the guy who did it, HC?

So what is everyone doing this weekend?

We are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate Andre's birthday (Sunday).

Tomorrow we both work opposite hours.

Sunday we are doing something......not sure what yet.....to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary (woo hoo!) and then having dinner with my family to celebrate Andre's birthday.

You got married on Andre's birthday?

Yep. He'll never forget, now, will he?

Honestly, it just worked out right with the rent-a-preacher and my multiple work schedules when we were planning.

Wow Jomo I thought we were the only crazy ones that did that. We got married on my birthday too. Weird. Same with us that was the only dated that worked for my family and his friends.

Well happy birthday Andre and happy anniversary.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Must be nice to be able to marry outdoors in August. Here, it would be impossible.....we'd be melty messes in minutes.

We married in Jamaica in mid August. It was actually pleasantly cool that day. Then again hurricane Dean was knocking on the door.

That is nice! We got married in Jamaica too. It rained right before the wedding and then cleared up. It was hotter than ever. 103 degrees that day. The groomsman kept patting Dwain's face during the whole ceremony it was so funny. I danced 2 songs before I almost collapsed of heat stroke. Thank goodness there was a pool and we could jump right in.

103!! :blink: man that is hot, and humid?! Woo!! yeah we were kinda lucky that Dean was on its way. It gave the most beautiful weather I'd seen in Jamaica. The sky was so clear from the winds blowing all clouds out and then the water was wavy and we had such a cool breeze. I woulda passed out at 103. Not to mention the Mister cause I had him waiting at the alter for 1-1/2 hours after the ceremony was supposed to start. :blush:

:lol: poor man. :luv:

You have me cracking up. Our whole trip was not on schedule and then my dad pulled me to write a schedule for the day of the wedding. He said we couldn't run on Jamaican time that day. We were still late cause of the rain and then we had the guest waiting for hours for food because of pictures. My dad said hurry up and get the pictures done people are hungry.

:rofl: OMG, this was me too!! We went to take pics with my family at the lighthouse in Negril, and then they went back to the wedding site and hubby an I went on to another site to take more pics of just us. They were calling left and right talkin bout how dem hungry and ready fi nyam!! I was so mad...like...why do you keep calling me, its my wedding, cant you wait fo rme to eat. Well i told them to go ahead and when we got back why was all the food almost gone?!! I didnt even get any alcohol. For as conservative as my husbands fam is the liquor was the first to go :unsure:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
I have to admit.....my family and friends are freakin' awesome.

Andre's birthday is Sunday. Last year, not one of his family nor friends remembered to call him on his birthday, before or after for that matter, to wish him a happy birthday. I have been on a mission this year to ensure he is not so disappointed again. I e-mailed all our family and friends here in the US and asked them to just send him a card.

He just called me.....He got 17 cards in the mail today. 15 from my goofy Aunt who apparently knows George Bush, Tiger Woods, and a bunch of other people. Our YMCA exercise class and Mindy & Roy round out todays. He was laughing and sounded so happy. We are going out to dinner in his honor tonight.

I know for a fact he's getting a card and a gift when he works his side job tomorrow. Hopefully more cards too.

My SIL is calling to sing to him Sunday (even though this is actually torture). We are going to do something to celebrate....a movie or rollerskating maybe. Then, we are having dinner at my mom's in his honor.

I will be damned if he is upset this year! Not if I can help it.

wow that is so nice. How old will Andre be this year?

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Must be nice to be able to marry outdoors in August. Here, it would be impossible.....we'd be melty messes in minutes.

We married in Jamaica in mid August. It was actually pleasantly cool that day. Then again hurricane Dean was knocking on the door.

That is nice! We got married in Jamaica too. It rained right before the wedding and then cleared up. It was hotter than ever. 103 degrees that day. The groomsman kept patting Dwain's face during the whole ceremony it was so funny. I danced 2 songs before I almost collapsed of heat stroke. Thank goodness there was a pool and we could jump right in.

103!! :blink: man that is hot, and humid?! Woo!! yeah we were kinda lucky that Dean was on its way. It gave the most beautiful weather I'd seen in Jamaica. The sky was so clear from the winds blowing all clouds out and then the water was wavy and we had such a cool breeze. I woulda passed out at 103. Not to mention the Mister cause I had him waiting at the alter for 1-1/2 hours after the ceremony was supposed to start. :blush:

:lol: poor man. :luv:

You have me cracking up. Our whole trip was not on schedule and then my dad pulled me to write a schedule for the day of the wedding. He said we couldn't run on Jamaican time that day. We were still late cause of the rain and then we had the guest waiting for hours for food because of pictures. My dad said hurry up and get the pictures done people are hungry.

:rofl: OMG, this was me too!! We went to take pics with my family at the lighthouse in Negril, and then they went back to the wedding site and hubby an I went on to another site to take more pics of just us. They were calling left and right talkin bout how dem hungry and ready fi nyam!! I was so mad...like...why do you keep calling me, its my wedding, cant you wait fo rme to eat. Well i told them to go ahead and when we got back why was all the food almost gone?!! I didnt even get any alcohol. For as conservative as my husbands fam is the liquor was the first to go :unsure:

:lol: For real sounds like me.

Yeah I didn't get a drink of alcohol either. It was all gone you should of seen my face at the head table. They took a picture of me and it is so awful hot and tired and no drink and cold food.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ms. Hellwig,

Well at least you got to the bottom of it. Now you know what it is you can get to work on it. I don't know if this helps or not but I filled out all the forms for packet 3 for my SO online then mailed him the packet with instructions on what he needed to sign. Everything was already together to be sent to the embassy once he received it. For the DS 230 (1) I got the number to an internet cafe thats in Negril. I orginally was to fax the form and he was to go pick it up but I ran into too many problems with that and ended up just setting up an email account for him and scanning the form and sent it to him that way. He went to the internet cafe and got it printed off with no problem. Saves time from mailing it out and its only a couple $$$ to retrieve the form from email.

tymoore

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have to admit.....my family and friends are freakin' awesome.

Andre's birthday is Sunday. Last year, not one of his family nor friends remembered to call him on his birthday, before or after for that matter, to wish him a happy birthday. I have been on a mission this year to ensure he is not so disappointed again. I e-mailed all our family and friends here in the US and asked them to just send him a card.

He just called me.....He got 17 cards in the mail today. 15 from my goofy Aunt who apparently knows George Bush, Tiger Woods, and a bunch of other people. Our YMCA exercise class and Mindy & Roy round out todays. He was laughing and sounded so happy. We are going out to dinner in his honor tonight.

I know for a fact he's getting a card and a gift when he works his side job tomorrow. Hopefully more cards too.

My SIL is calling to sing to him Sunday (even though this is actually torture). We are going to do something to celebrate....a movie or rollerskating maybe. Then, we are having dinner at my mom's in his honor.

I will be damned if he is upset this year! Not if I can help it.

You just brought tears to my eyes.... :crying::crying:

Tell Andre I said Happy Earthday too!

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

BTW....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JOMO and ANDRE!

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline

Story

Regional debt to be written off if Obama becomes president

Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Democratic candidate for President of the United States (US) Senator Barack Obama is promising 100% debt relief for the Caribbean if he becomes the next leader of the US.

Senator Obama's foreign policy advisor, Dan Restrepo told officials attending the Caribbean Tourism Organisation meeting in Washington DC that this is one of the policies to be pursued if Senator Obama is elected to office.

Mr. Restrepo also spoke about Mr. Obama's intention to facilitate trade between the US and Cuba.

He said the presidential candidate would personally lead direct diplomacy with Cuban officials.

According to Mr. Restrepo, Senator Obama understands the unique security challenges of the Caribbean and that the issue of trans-national crime is of great importance to the region.

As a result, he has promised to restore funding for drug control programmes, which were cut by the George W. Bush administration.

:thumbs:

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Story

Regional debt to be written off if Obama becomes president

Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Democratic candidate for President of the United States (US) Senator Barack Obama is promising 100% debt relief for the Caribbean if he becomes the next leader of the US.

Senator Obama's foreign policy advisor, Dan Restrepo told officials attending the Caribbean Tourism Organisation meeting in Washington DC that this is one of the policies to be pursued if Senator Obama is elected to office.

Mr. Restrepo also spoke about Mr. Obama's intention to facilitate trade between the US and Cuba.

He said the presidential candidate would personally lead direct diplomacy with Cuban officials.

According to Mr. Restrepo, Senator Obama understands the unique security challenges of the Caribbean and that the issue of trans-national crime is of great importance to the region.

As a result, he has promised to restore funding for drug control programmes, which were cut by the George W. Bush administration.

:thumbs:

Did you get this from the Gleaner today? I can't click the link from this stupid home computer.

If you did read the story in today's Gleaner, did you notice how much of a small% this amount above actually is of the entire debt? Mind boggling.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow Marlita it seems like just yesterday u you got married!:) this means ive been a member of VJ for a minute now lol...time flies your anniversary soon come. Last time this year i was getting ready for sumfest.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

adorable ;)

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Jaylyn is getting baptized tomorrow. My DH got freaked out about the dress. She will be the 8th generation to be baptized at our little church out on our farm. I am hoping she does O.K. she hates water. Then we have a reception for her at mom in dads in the burbs. We need to get to sleep early tonight I don't know if that is possible. Are schedule is so backwards. Last night we grilled jerk chicken and ribs so she is so messed up on time. I hope everyone else is having a great weekend! :star: 4 more weeks until she gets to meet her

Jamaican Grandma...

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.