Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Irie, you could always tuck the flask in your cleavage, in a worst case scenario...LOL :thumbs:

Oh I wish!! I was totally jipped in that area... a big girl with no cleavage!! :rofl:

I think I will just have to carry it in my hand with some flowers... How classy!!

That is sooo funny. I'm thinking if I put it in my cleavage I would be drunk before the ceromony is over because my big girls would be pouring it in my mouth!! :rofl:

hey girl .. wuh gwaan?? , how are things in JA.. I know everything must feel UNREAL right now.. when are u coming back to the States?? will u return together??

I'm home and back in the job. Dem act like me gon for de ole ear so! :angry:

Jamaica was so nice and beautiful the reason we all love it so. It was breezy in the hills but in Kingston! Whatcha talk bout hot! I wish I could have stayed longer but the mosqitoes run me home.

I'm praying for a quick turn around on the visa. There are some great prices on Air Jamaica.

That is the only thing I enjoy about my job right now.. becuz i don't have any real authority, i dnt have any real responsibility.. i can leave my work and not worry about how much there will be to do when I return.. esp good with the kids...

GIRL.. in FLL, i did what I ALWAYS do, tek mi bug spray and den mi nuh rememba to use it!!!! i got ate up and I scar easily so mi wa vex!!! :angry:

how did it feel leaving knowing u were the future MRS...?? was it a emotional goodbye or were yall good, just anticipating seeing each other for GOOD?? i know I am all up in your business..

You didnt remember to use it!! How that happen. I can't NOT remember to use mine. I know about the scars. its takes me about 6 months to heal from them. I cannot stand those things. I have to use a fade cream and salt scrub everyday for 6 months just to clear them up.

i know w/ the parody that i go through to get ready and then the sunscreen.. i always am so rushed and forget.. :bonk:

what kind of salt scrub u use?? is it bath salts?? I need as much help as possible..

I use the ones at The Body Shop, but if you live near an ocean, nothing beats it better than the actual sea salt. When in Jamaica if i stay in the ocean alot, the scars dissapear much faster.

Alright ladies, im giving you an update on my SO. He was leaving Margaritaville and was hit from behind by a car, he has a big gash in his head, which has formed a knot. We are chatting on webcam right now, and he called. I thought i would feel better seeing him, but now i feel worse, because im not there!!! :crying: at least he is alive and well. again thanks for everyones well wishes!!! i will be back shortly to talk, i think im gonna need it...LOL

Oh so he was in a car driving an got hit, or was he walking? I got hit by a bus in Jamaica...not fun.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Must be nice to be able to marry outdoors in August. Here, it would be impossible.....we'd be melty messes in minutes.

We married in Jamaica in mid August. It was actually pleasantly cool that day. Then again hurricane Dean was knocking on the door.

That is nice! We got married in Jamaica too. It rained right before the wedding and then cleared up. It was hotter than ever. 103 degrees that day. The groomsman kept patting Dwain's face during the whole ceremony it was so funny. I danced 2 songs before I almost collapsed of heat stroke. Thank goodness there was a pool and we could jump right in.

103!! :blink: man that is hot, and humid?! Woo!! yeah we were kinda lucky that Dean was on its way. It gave the most beautiful weather I'd seen in Jamaica. The sky was so clear from the winds blowing all clouds out and then the water was wavy and we had such a cool breeze. I woulda passed out at 103. Not to mention the Mister cause I had him waiting at the alter for 1-1/2 hours after the ceremony was supposed to start. :blush:

Timeline

Lita, he was walking from the Margaritaville with a friend and got hit from behind by some fool who ran him down, we dont know if he was drunk( the driver or what) he has 25 stitches in his head and a not, plus a gash on his tongue, from where he bit down when he got hit. He said his phone cracked from the impact. He went into town to talk to me on webcam and to show me his battle scars, poor thing...LOL.. i feel bad for him, but i will be there on the 8th so i will check on him then. He has called me from 3 different numbers today, borrowing phones, but said today was the first day he could actually get up and move around, without laying back down.

Timeline

im so dang mad at him, stay your *(&^% outta margaritaville and go home!!! ( im not really mad..lol). But if you know your gonna be on the street late at nite, which everyone seems to be all the time in JA, be careful. I am just really thankful he isnt dead, judging by the knot and stitches in his head, he is very lucky.

Timeline
im so dang mad at him, stay your *(&^% outta margaritaville and go home!!! ( im not really mad..lol). But if you know your gonna be on the street late at nite, which everyone seems to be all the time in JA, be careful. I am just really thankful he isnt dead, judging by the knot and stitches in his head, he is very lucky.

:wow: Oh man, I didnt realize he wasn't driving. Oh God, and he got ran over? That is so scary. People drive so crazy in Jamaica, but what makes it worse is it seems like the people who walk are even crazier. I remember seeing little kids riding bikes and walking along side the road at night in the country. No street lights and here comes the bus were in an all of a sudden you see the kid when you get like 20 ft in front of them. I'm thinking..."why dont this bus slow down" then I think " why are these kids in the street at night knowing good and well how these folks drive".

Well praise GOD that he is well. That sounds like a really scary accident. I am so sure he is stiff as can be. I remember I use to joke when I was tired or worked out and was sore and said "ah, i feel like i just got hit by a bus"....well now i really know what that feels like and it is not what I imagined it to be when i used to say it all those times :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:wow: Oh man, I didnt realize he wasn't driving. Oh God, and he got ran over? That is so scary. People drive so crazy in Jamaica, but what makes it worse is it seems like the people who walk are even crazier. I remember seeing little kids riding bikes and walking along side the road at night in the country. No street lights and here comes the bus were in an all of a sudden you see the kid when you get like 20 ft in front of them. I'm thinking..."why dont this bus slow down" then I think " why are these kids in the street at night knowing good and well how these folks drive".

Well praise GOD that he is well. That sounds like a really scary accident. I am so sure he is stiff as can be. I remember I use to joke when I was tired or worked out and was sore and said "ah, i feel like i just got hit by a bus"....well now i really know what that feels like and it is not what I imagined it to be when i used to say it all those times :bonk:

That bus and bike story remind me of a friend of Dwayne's that was killed a few months ago. Same scenario except it was a regular truck coming around a corner. They had turned out there lights while overtaking another car and hit his friend and killed him.

The driving in Jamaica scares the day lights out of me.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning everyone! Honey, glad to hear he's okay and you were able to talk to him - I know the stress of not being able to get in touch and trying to rely on friends to pass messages, it's frustrating!

Last day of training for me, THANK GOD!! I am so mentally exhausted from this week!

What is everyone up to for the weekend? I am off to a baby shower on Sat for a friend from another messageboard, and hopefully linking up with Sunny after that!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Mawnin Yardies,

Honey: I'm so glad to hear you talked with your SO and that he got away with just cuts and bruises. He'll be ok and even better when you arrive. :devil:

Sus: I sure hope we can meet up tomorrow. I've only met one person from this site (Jomo) and we all seem so close. Some of the girls from Maryland need to link-up.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Show me where - I checked for mid-august (wishing, hoping, and dreaming for an interview date by then) and it was over $500 from JFK!! :wacko:

Oh, waaaaaahhhhhhh..........I couldn't find under nearly $700 for when I was pricing from St. Louis. Glad I was only playing and not really looking.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I am glad it turned out like it did.

Did they catch the guy who did it, HC?

So what is everyone doing this weekend?

We are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate Andre's birthday (Sunday).

Tomorrow we both work opposite hours.

Sunday we are doing something......not sure what yet.....to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary (woo hoo!) and then having dinner with my family to celebrate Andre's birthday.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Sunday we are doing something......not sure what yet.....to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary (woo hoo!) and then having dinner with my family to celebrate Andre's birthday.

JG, i dont think so, he said he was so fortunate his coworker was with him, the guy had his headlights off, when he hit him, but fortunately there was a police officer near, one thing i dont understand is he told me it took them almost 40 minutes to get him from ocho rios to st annes bay to the hospital...WTH??? over here in the states if a ambulance takes longer than 5-10 minutes to respond to a call, it is all over the newspaper the next day claiming negligence, someones family is filing a lawsuit, and more!!!! I guess i am still amazed at the differences in JA and the US. He gets his stitches out i believe he said Tuesday, but i didnt ask if they caught the guy or not.

I hope you and Andre enjoy your anniversary and do something fun. I havent been to St Louis in a long time, so i can remember what we did when i was there, but maybe dinner and a movie and then some nookie...LOL...cant think of anything else....ROFL :devil:

Timeline
Irie, you could always tuck the flask in your cleavage, in a worst case scenario...LOL :thumbs:

Oh I wish!! I was totally jipped in that area... a big girl with no cleavage!! :rofl:

I think I will just have to carry it in my hand with some flowers... How classy!!

That is sooo funny. I'm thinking if I put it in my cleavage I would be drunk before the ceromony is over because my big girls would be pouring it in my mouth!! :rofl:

hey girl .. wuh gwaan?? , how are things in JA.. I know everything must feel UNREAL right now.. when are u coming back to the States?? will u return together??

I'm home and back in the job. Dem act like me gon for de ole ear so! :angry:

Jamaica was so nice and beautiful the reason we all love it so. It was breezy in the hills but in Kingston! Whatcha talk bout hot! I wish I could have stayed longer but the mosqitoes run me home.

I'm praying for a quick turn around on the visa. There are some great prices on Air Jamaica.

That is the only thing I enjoy about my job right now.. becuz i don't have any real authority, i dnt have any real responsibility.. i can leave my work and not worry about how much there will be to do when I return.. esp good with the kids...

GIRL.. in FLL, i did what I ALWAYS do, tek mi bug spray and den mi nuh rememba to use it!!!! i got ate up and I scar easily so mi wa vex!!! :angry:

how did it feel leaving knowing u were the future MRS...?? was it a emotional goodbye or were yall good, just anticipating seeing each other for GOOD?? i know I am all up in your business..

You didnt remember to use it!! How that happen. I can't NOT remember to use mine. I know about the scars. its takes me about 6 months to heal from them. I cannot stand those things. I have to use a fade cream and salt scrub everyday for 6 months just to clear them up.

i know w/ the parody that i go through to get ready and then the sunscreen.. i always am so rushed and forget.. :bonk:

what kind of salt scrub u use?? is it bath salts?? I need as much help as possible..

I use the ones at The Body Shop, but if you live near an ocean, nothing beats it better than the actual sea salt. When in Jamaica if i stay in the ocean alot, the scars dissapear much faster.

Closest ocean is in Galveston about 5 hrs away from me, but i will look into purchasing the salt scrub..THANKS :thumbs:

Alright ladies, im giving you an update on my SO. He was leaving Margaritaville and was hit from behind by a car, he has a big gash in his head, which has formed a knot. We are chatting on webcam right now, and he called. I thought i would feel better seeing him, but now i feel worse, because im not there!!! :crying: at least he is alive and well. again thanks for everyones well wishes!!! i will be back shortly to talk, i think im gonna need it...LOL

Oh so he was in a car driving an got hit, or was he walking? I got hit by a bus in Jamaica...not fun.

Timeline

JG, i dont think so, he said he was so fortunate his coworker was with him, the guy had his headlights off, when he hit him, but fortunately there was a police officer near, one thing i dont understand is he told me it took them almost 40 minutes to get him from ocho rios to st annes bay to the hospital...WTH??? over here in the states if a ambulance takes longer than 5-10 minutes to respond to a call, it is all over the newspaper the next day claiming negligence, someones family is filing a lawsuit, and more!!!! I guess i am still amazed at the differences in JA and the US. He gets his stitches out i believe he said Tuesday, but i didnt ask if they caught the guy or not.

I hope you and Andre enjoy your anniversary and do something fun. I havent been to St Louis in a long time, so i can remember what we did when i was there, but maybe dinner and a movie and then some nookie...LOL...cant think of anything else....ROFL :devil:

What a blessing that after the accident and then waiting on the ambulance that he is OK PRAISE THE LORD.. I am sooo glad u finally got to talk to him and even see him YAYYYYY now u can breathe...AGHHHH

Timeline

Good Morning All! Happy Friday!

Happy Anniversary JG! Have fun celebrating! :devil:

Honey - good to hear the update on your man.

Lita - hit by a bus??? I am glad you survived that. Ouch.

May I request a collective prayer? Something is up with the DS-230 part 1 that my SO returned to the embassy. They received it two weeks ago and have not assigned an interview date. I have sent two emails and I've gotten no response. Please prayer that whatever the problem may be that it gets resolved quickly and that the interview gets assigned. This is making me nervous. Thank you ladies!

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.