Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm chiming in on the trial run to get it right, thing. Sometimes it takes a hard lesson to learn what you REALLY want and need and what you are definately not going to put up with. We live and learn.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Shauna I am sorry things did not work. You are in my thoughts and prayers with everything working out at the end. One Luv Jax if you need anything email me or Pm me.

Have fun with the shots. Jaylyn screamed and cryed. The nurse thank goodness gave her the oral medicine last and that calmed her down. Then she passed out for 3 hours. Then she woke up and I fed her. The nurse said to give her more tylenol after 4 hours but she was passed out after eatting. Then she woke up screaming and colicly for an hour. I gave her the tylenol then. I just suggest give her tylenol after she wakes up if she only sleeps for a few hours. She was colicly for 2 days and had a fever of 100 degrees.

Shauna may your experience be better than ours. Best wishes on her gifts. (L)

Jomo girl when are you thinking about coming to Chicago in November? The starting of the month, middle or end? November burr...

Irie Congrats on your wedding spot!! It sounds beautiful!! Positive vibes for no rain that day.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Beginning. Maybe first week or so. We have to see when Jomo can take his vacation first.

Yes, don't remind me.....he's already complaining about how cold it is going to be.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Beginning. Maybe first week or so. We have to see when Jomo can take his vacation first.

Yes, don't remind me.....he's already complaining about how cold it is going to be.

:lol:

At least it's not Feb.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

:lol:

At least it's not Feb.

I don't think it's ever very warm in Chicago. I've been in May, in June, in August, in October. I've got this really funny picture.....we are at Comisky in late June, a day game. I've got all these layers of clothes on, a hot chocolate in my hand, and my kids on my lap like puppies. We go to the ball game here next week...a night game....I will burning like I'm in hell, wishing for that cold!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Must be nice to be able to marry outdoors in August. Here, it would be impossible.....we'd be melty messes in minutes.

We married in Jamaica in mid August. It was actually pleasantly cool that day. Then again hurricane Dean was knocking on the door.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
I feel you Lita.... I told my SO maybe sometime later, when my girls are off to college or something we can move back if he wants. But that won't happen for quite some time. Hell I'm in school myself right now. He already has a house there which his family will keep and attend to when he leaves.

Did you get any info when you called NVC?

Dwain said this too when he moved up here a year ago and now he doesn't want to move back to Jamaica. He only wants to go back to visit. How times changes. The Vets told me this would happen. So right. :star:

No info from NVC or DOS. It sucks and I really dont understand the way they give out appointment at NVC. Its like all cases that are at NVC waiting for appointment get skipped over or something. I know Tash's case was done in the beginning of April or so and Lawney has a friend waiting since March. Both are at NVC so it like we are stuck in pergatory or something.

~~~

Yeah I think it may be hard to move back to Jamaica once you get used to some of the comforts of the US. But i guess it also depends on how you live in Jamaica too. I dont plan on going back there to live under a struggle....that would make no sense for us...like going backwards. really thats the only reason why I am not there right now. If we move back I would have to get a good job...preferably a US transfer where I could get paid in US dollar but just live there. All I know is we both want to have our child (God willing) to grow up in Jamaica for a few years. So not til the child is at least 5. I think thats a good age to start off living there and actually remember the time you were there. I just really want to raise a child that has that expericence of living there. I can always move back here later.

Alright ladies, i still appreciate all of your well wishes, im on day 2 of minimal information, and it is killing me. My SO is home on ten days bed rest, with minor injuries from his accident. His friend reggie called again and said that he is ok, just very banged up from his accident, which im still not clear on :crying: i still havent had the opportunity to talk to my SO and its killing me, but im trying to keep up a brave front, as i again have a full day of work and dealing with other peoples problems...LOL...hopefully today i will hear something more concrete and get to talk to him. Boy this long distance thang, can really take a toll on you emotionally when stuff like this happens!!!!!

Classy i also use ringyard, which keeps track of your calls for you, i love it.

Is he too hurt to talk? Why hasn't he or his family called you? This is so weird.

Timeline
So far guys im still somewhat in the dark. Reggie who is my SO's friend,and works with him, has talked to my SO who keeps sending messages thru him. He is home on bedrest for ten days. Reggie says he got hit by a car, but wasnt with him when it happened. He says my SO is ok, just banged up, no broken bones that i know off, he says he will go over there to my SO's place after he gets off, so he can call me. Im really needing to talk to him myself, so i can calm my nerves. I have been a big ball of nervous energy for two days now and even went into work at 630 this morning, though work doesnt start until 8am, because i need to keep myself occupied. I will definitely continue to update as i find out more. As far as his family, his mom is in kingston, he is in steertown and his brother is in steertown, but i havent been able to touch base with his brother yet, he works at SJG.

Well, the next time someone sees him to pass him said messages, tell him to get his ### to your SO's house and give him the damn phone.

:thumbs::wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wakey - reading your story made ME nervous but congratulations! Sheeesh! I guess they have no need for customer service.

IrieCat - that is wonderful about your wedding plans and getting married by falls. Everything seems to be falling into place.

Honey - still sending out a prayer for your SO. I hope you talk to him soon!

I just sat on hold forevvvvver (ok - only 17 minutes) with NVC to see if the Embassy had assigned an interview date and not yet. Argh. :angry: It seems something may have been wrong with the DS230 part I that my SO sent in. I will try sending an email to the Embassy again to see if there is something I can do. Lawd! This tests a girl's patience.

I pray you get your interview date ASAP Ms.Hellwig

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Hey everyone....

going to give a little update on what has been happening....

Kaila is doing great!!! Goes for her 2 month check up on tuesday...she is going to get "gifts" not sure who is going to be more upset she or i.....

in July i am going to file for divorce....there are many things i have come to realize about mike and that he is never going to change or be the man i need him to be....and honestly he was just in it for the GC.....it sucks to realize that....life goes on.....

a lot of things have started to fall into place...so in a couple of months i will start taking classes at a local college and be able to stay home with Kaila....which is great!!

I am happy to hear about all the recent approvals!!!

Nanny, I'm soo soo sorry to hear you all are getting divorced. I will pray for you to have the strength and courage you need during this transition.

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline
Marlita - where's the job located? Is it with a federal US agency?

Congrats :thumbs:

Its in Mobay. Its with the Consular Agency? I think. I can't actually remember the official name. But it is in Mobay i know that much. I'm not taking it though, but its good to know of the options.

Timeline
Irie, you could always tuck the flask in your cleavage, in a worst case scenario...LOL :thumbs:

Oh I wish!! I was totally jipped in that area... a big girl with no cleavage!! :rofl:

I think I will just have to carry it in my hand with some flowers... How classy!!

That is sooo funny. I'm thinking if I put it in my cleavage I would be drunk before the ceromony is over because my big girls would be pouring it in my mouth!! :rofl:

Timeline
Irie, you could always tuck the flask in your cleavage, in a worst case scenario...LOL :thumbs:

Oh I wish!! I was totally jipped in that area... a big girl with no cleavage!! :rofl:

I think I will just have to carry it in my hand with some flowers... How classy!!

That is sooo funny. I'm thinking if I put it in my cleavage I would be drunk before the ceromony is over because my big girls would be pouring it in my mouth!! :rofl:

hey girl .. wuh gwaan?? , how are things in JA.. I know everything must feel UNREAL right now.. when are u coming back to the States?? will u return together??

Timeline

Hi ladies,

I hope you girlies waiting for interview dates hear something soon, I know the waiting is extremely frustrating.. I think my petition has officially entered purgatory, its exactly 3 months since my NOA1. I can't believe there are already interviews scheduled for mid August.. geez I wonder where that will leave our interview if we ever get there...

Nanny, I've sent you a PM. (L)

Irie, congrats on the wedding location, sounds beautiful. Love the pics in your signature.. you're daughter is a cutie. :star:

You all are probably on your way home, I still got quite a few hours left at the office. I love reading this thread though, even though I don't post much, it keeps my spirits up.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.