Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No word on Wakey yet????? Did she make arrangements with anyone to give us the news??

I can't take this suspense :whistle: ........... I will need a Valium when it comes time for our interview. :wacko:

Hey everyone! I'm back and we are approved!!! I'm sorry I didn't post. The phone line was shut off at the house and when we went to internet cafe I kept getting page can't be displayed after several clicks!! I couldn't reach Lawny because I had her name in my email thinking I could log in to get it and call her. So anyways sorry to make you wait!! Before I enter the story let me just say Thank you for all of the wonderful prayers and support. God blessed the day in awesome wonder!!

Here is how the interview went:

D and I got to the embassy at 6 am for our 730 appointment. There was a short line and a woman meeting cars asking if you needed passport photos or to leave your cell phone with her. She is a shorthaired blonde Jamaican very nice. We did leave an umbrella and phone with her.

The opened the doors at 7 am and made a speech about what you could and couldn’t bring in. We weren’t listening that closely because I couldn’t find D’s passport in our other documents. After hurriedly looking for it, it was in my wallet in my purse – Whew! They don’t let you in without it. Once inside I was yelled at by the older woman security guard for having bottled water in my purse. She asked me why I didn’t THINK to remove it when she told us outside. I told her I was sorry I didn’t hear you and she went on to say how did you not hear me, I said it right before NO LOTION! :crying: She finally let me in after making me drink some of the water – I guess to prove it was edible.

You enter and walk to a security desk. There is one security guard requesting docs right away and he places them in order. He wanted the DS156, DS157, DS156K, passport, 4 passport photos. We run into a problem here. I left one of D’s photos at the house. He was pulling all my documents out of our of my perfectly put together folder and fussing that he asked me to check everything 15 million times. My hands were trembling like crazy and I told him to leave everything alone and let’s think of what we’re going to do. We decided to try to slip in with the 3. The security guard doesn’t notice. :thumbs:

We take a seat in section A and anxiously wait to see what will happen when we get to the window without all the photos. We are number 12 were called to window. The woman there begins to look through the documents we provided her and then says, “I don’t see your receipt for your Visa fee!” We knew nothing about this fee or that it should have been paid ahead of time and told her so. She sends us to the cashier where we pay $131.00 and then come back to her window. She asked where the other photo was and sighs loudly when we tell her we must have dropped it. She says you will need it when you go to get the visa. We agree. She then asks me for the DS157 which she is holding and says you didn’t give me that form. I tell her to look again please because it is there and she refused and marked it very hard on the paper that we were missing it. :angry: She asked for two years or taxes, my W-2, which I didn’t bring, :unsure: and I134. While she is sorting through the papers, I find a blank copy of the 157 and begin to complete it. She tells us to hold it until next section and tells us to move to Section B.

Section B is for fingerprinting. They make me leave D in the line by himself since I’m not being fingerprinted.

Section C is a window where they do the interviews. It was scary because they were asking some questions that were so tough for some people. One young woman was there without the petitioner and they wanted her to explain why he wasn’t there, when they met, description of every date they had, the proposal, and wanted to see her ring.

When we get to the window at 8:15, the woman asks D to leave and sends him far across the room. She begins to ask me questions about his DOB, says she is concerned with the 10-year age difference, and asks if I am. She asked if I think he is using me for a green card. She wants to know when we met, when we became romantic, information on subsequent visits such as date of arrival and departure, where I stayed, who in his family I’ve met, what are there names, etc. Next, she asks me about this visit and has me to describe what we did each day I’ve been there. She then request ask for any items I brought to show proof of the relationship. I showed her letters but she said she prefer to see the envelopes with the postal stamp. I also showed her pictures and she asked me to tell her who was in each photo. She was smiling as I went through the photo album. Lastly, she asked me to send D over and to stand where he’d been across the room.

D said she asked him about my visits down, what we did, who in his family I’d met. She asked him about my job. He told her what I do, but says he told her he couldn’t remember the position name. He said, “I know you have it there, it’s that hard word. Lol gotta love my babe! She also asked him what we’d done on this visit. Then he waves me over.

She has him sign a document that tells him he must marry within 90 days of entry and not before entry. She tells us congratulations and tells him welcome to the USA. We go across the street and pay 2000 to airpak for the visa. They advised him they would call him to meet him at the post office in his area when the visa is ready. No one asked for the fourth photo so we decided to let go and let God. We happily hailed a cab and headed home.

The End

Wakey!!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
ALright ladies, im needing some prayers this morning. Yesterday i did not talk to my SO all day, nor night for the first time in 4 months, so i automatically knew something was wrong, i tossed and turned all night. The last time i talked to my SO he was getting off work monday night and heading to Margaritaville, He usually calls when he leaves despite the hour to let me know he is heading home, but he never did. Tuesday is his day off. No call, well i just get a call this morning from his friend reggie saying he got hit by a car!!! and is kind of ok!!!!! WTH...is kind of okay...his phone is destroyed and i have no way to get in contact with him. His friend reggies patois was so heavy i could barely figure out what the heck he was saying.....OMG!!! i have to go to work this morning and im about to have dang anxiety attack. Guys pray for us ok, i really am needing to find out if he is okay and what is going on. I tell him about walking in the road all the time, but he doesnt listen. Lets hope he is ok. Thanks.. i just needed to ramble a little, until i can calm down so i dont start bawling :crying:

Honey don't cry. I'm sorry to hear this but I know he is ok. I will pray for his quick recovery

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline
Thanks,

I guess we can really start getting nervous now. I believe we have everything in order. I'm going to take him all of the rest of the info he needs on my visit next week. I doubt if I will be able to make the interview with him..

Congratulations Ty!!

Don't get nervous just make sure he knows everything about your visits more than anything. And anything you may have put in the petition letter.

Wakey

Timeline
Trelawny and Marcel got threw

posted by her sister

LAWNEYYYYYYYY!!! I know we already gave each other well wishes but I just wanted to shout out

WE DID IT!!! Congratulations :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No word on Wakey yet????? Did she make arrangements with anyone to give us the news??

I can't take this suspense :whistle: ........... I will need a Valium when it comes time for our interview. :wacko:

Hey everyone! I'm back and we are approved!!! I'm sorry I didn't post. The phone line was shut off at the house and when we went to internet cafe I kept getting page can't be displayed after several clicks!! I couldn't reach Lawny because I had her name in my email thinking I could log in to get it and call her. So anyways sorry to make you wait!! Before I enter the story let me just say Thank you for all of the wonderful prayers and support. God blessed the day in awesome wonder!!

D and I got to the embassy at 6 am for our 730 appointment. There was a short line and a woman meeting cars asking if you needed passport photos or to leave your cell phone with her. She is a shorthaired blonde Jamaican very nice. We did leave an umbrella and phone with her.

The opened the doors at 7 am and made a speech about what you could and couldn’t bring in. We weren’t listening that closely because I couldn’t find D’s passport in our other documents. After hurriedly looking for it, it was in my wallet in my purse – Whew! They don’t let you in without it. Once inside I was yelled at by the older woman security guard for having bottled water in my purse. She asked me why I didn’t THINK to remove it when she told us outside. I told her I was sorry I didn’t hear you and she went on to say how did you not hear me, I said it right before NO LOTION! :crying: She finally let me in after making me drink some of the water – I guess to prove it was edible.

You enter and walk to a security desk. There is one security guard requesting docs right away and he places them in order. He wanted the DS156, DS157, DS156K, passport, 4 passport photos. We run into a problem here. I left one of D’s photos at the house. He was pulling all my documents out of our of my perfectly put together folder and fussing that he asked me to check everything 15 million times. My hands were trembling like crazy and I told him to leave everything alone and let’s think of what we’re going to do. We decided to try to slip in with the 3. The security guard doesn’t notice. :thumbs:

We take a seat in section A and anxiously wait to see what will happen when we get to the window without all the photos. We are number 12 were called to window. The woman there begins to look through the documents we provided her and then says, “I don’t see your receipt for your Visa fee!” We knew nothing about this fee or that it should have been paid ahead of time and told her so. She sends us to the cashier where we pay $131.00 and then come back to her window. She asked where the other photo was and sighs loudly when we tell her we must have dropped it. She says you will need it when you go to get the visa. We agree. She then asks me for the DS157 which she is holding and says you didn’t give me that form. I tell her to look again please because it is there and she refused and marked it very hard on the paper that we were missing it. :angry: She asked for two years or taxes, my W-2, which I didn’t bring, :unsure: and I134. While she is sorting through the papers, I find a blank copy of the 157 and begin to complete it. She tells us to hold it until next section and tells us to move to Section B.

Section B is for fingerprinting. They make me leave D in the line by himself since I’m not being fingerprinted.

Section C is a window where they do the interviews. It was scary because they were asking some questions that were so tough for some people. One young woman was there without the petitioner and they wanted her to explain why he wasn’t there, when they met, description of every date they had, the proposal, and wanted to see her ring.

When we get to the window at 8:15, the woman asks D to leave and sends him far across the room. She begins to ask me questions about his DOB, says she is concerned with the 10-year age difference, and asks if I am. She asked if I think he is using me for a green card. She wants to know when we met, when we became romantic, information on subsequent visits such as date of arrival and departure, where I stayed, who in his family I’ve met, what are there names, etc. Next, she asks me about this visit and has me to describe what we did each day I’ve been there. She then request ask for any items I brought to show proof of the relationship. I showed her letters but she said she prefer to see the envelopes with the postal stamp. I also showed her pictures and she asked me to tell her who was in each photo. She was smiling as I went through the photo album. Lastly, she asked me to send D over and to stand where he’d been across the room.

D said she asked him about my visits down, what we did, who in his family I’d met. She asked him about my job. He told her what I do, but says he told her he couldn’t remember the position name. He said, “I know you have it there, it’s that hard word. Lol gotta love my babe! She also asked him what we’d done on this visit. Then he waves me over.

She has him sign a document that tells him he must marry within 90 days of entry and not before entry. She tells us congratulations and tells him welcome to the USA. We go across the street and pay 2000 to airpak for the visa. They advised him they would call him to meet him at the post office in his area when the visa is ready. No one asked for the fourth photo so we decided to let go and let God. We happily hailed a cab and headed home.

The End

Wakey!!!

what a emotional roller coaster.. oh my gosh, i would have been close to tears I know, but u made it girl!!! Praise the Lord.. I bet D was sooo freaking happy.. Such a beautful thing girl.. Congrats

Timeline
we have an interview date.....August 19th at 10am.....

I just called the NVC and they informed me of the date and that packet 4 was mailed out last week...

Congrats!! Did you call NVC or the 202 #?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

The End

Wakey!!!

what a emotional roller coaster.. oh my gosh, i would have been close to tears I know, but u made it girl!!! Praise the Lord.. I bet D was sooo freaking happy.. Such a beautful thing girl.. Congrats

Yes he was so happy he just keep looking at me smiling and then grabing me and kissing me on the way home. He wanted to celebrate but I had a major migraine and just wanted to be heavily medicated. So we slept

Timeline

The End

Wakey!!!

Congrats Wakey! Thanks for sharing your experience. It really does help us who are just about to take that step.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance::dance: CONGRATS WAKEY & LAWNY :dance::dance:

Ty CONGRATS to you as well :dance:

Marlita you must be excited about the job interview!!

Honey sorry to hear about your SO. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Hotlegz the shopping is still going strong :yes: And I still have to leave somethings in the trunk and sneak them in the house :devil:

Mrs Forever Young... The I-Phone is still very much live and kicking. I just thank God that he decided to use the pay as you go plan. But as soon as I went out and got a BlackBerry and the Simply everything plan with Sprint, guess who needed a new phone :whistle::whistle: I guess I can't complain because he pays for his 2 phones as well as mine.

Bwoy mi tell yuh, mi nuh knoa bout dis ere man and deh phone dem :blink:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Congrats Wakeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...cyaa wait fi Lawny come back mek mi congratulte her

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Wakey..is that what we're calling it.."sleep" ? :devil:

he he he he he :blush:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've been in and out of here the last few days, so I'm playing catch up! I do want to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Wakey & Trelawny on your sweeties getting their visas...Wakey, why does it sound like they were trying to give you such a hard time?? I'm glad you guys came through with flying colors! When are you guys planning to bring your SO's up?

TY- Congrats on the interview...you 2 will be fine...the yaardies are on a roll!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Honey- I hope your SO is ok...have you heard from him yet?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.