Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What time is it right now in Jamaica? I think her appointement is at 1.

I'm going to Long Island NY this weekend. It's my girlfriends 20th wedding anniversary and she's on 36 years old. How wonderful is that. They always throw big parties. I need to find Gill so we can link up. I wonder if Gill went out with that lady to look for a wedding dress.......

Have a wonderful time at the DC Carnival.

Can you even get married at 16?

I remember me at that age.....I was not very mature....even though I thought I was grown.

What time is it in Jamaica right now? I think her appointment was at 1.

Yeah, when i was 16 I was in 11th grade working part-time at Ponderosa! :lol: Sounds like they beat the odds. That's great they made it 20 years!

.......JG....it's 12pm down in JA right now...I think? :blink: She told me should would text or call as soon as they get approved. I can't wait for the news.

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone going to DC carnival this weekend??????

Would love to meet up if anyone's going!

If I am in town I will be going. Trying to get a ticket to go to JA on Saturday.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG..Gill made a statement about VJ marriages and that she's happy for the anniversaries and that goes to prove that they do work..and I agreed

Hey guys.. I am back from FLL and catching up.

Tell marla I have cause major fire damage to my house not once but twice.. once by putting too many clothes in the dryer and the other by leaving food on the stove so IT DOES HAPPEN to even people who have lived here all their lives!!! This last time, we had to move out and stay in an apt for 2 mnths while they worked on it LOL

Timeline
I'm going to Long Island NY this weekend. It's my girlfriends 20th wedding anniversary and she's on 36 years old. How wonderful is that. They always throw big parties. I need to find Gill so we can link up. I wonder if Gill went out with that lady to look for a wedding dress.......

Bummer - I wish I could get down to the city this weekend, we could hook up as that is 1/2 for each of us. Next time!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Go lawny.......Go Lawny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending positive vibes this very minute.......feel them??????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

No word on Wakey yet????? Did she make arrangements with anyone to give us the news??

I can't take this suspense :whistle: ........... I will need a Valium when it comes time for our interview. :wacko:

Timeline

When was Wakey's interview?

I remember Tre saying she knew about 7 other couples going at the same time.....was she one of them?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I remember Tre saying she knew about 7 other couples going at the same time.....was she one of them?

She was this morning - 7 am I think. I'll have to go check again.

She was this morning - 7 am I think. I'll have to go check again.

Close - she was at 7:30.

Timeline

WOW...I am going to Brooklyn in the morning. What a coikidink. :lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Ditto Ton-Ton!! So happy to hear!! :thumbs: Tell em 'good luck' han knock em dead...Show dem ow wi 'Yardies' do!!

Gill

That's right Gill, I told dave just do his best and enjoy the experience. The store manager hired him for customer service/ warehouse crew but he's already training him for some of the other departments next week. If nothing else, atleast he'll gain experience and get references if he moves onto another job.

I hope things are going well at Ken's job too! It's because of you two that me and dave even went the JFK route, and it worked out. LOLLLLL

T

Hiya Fam,

:lol: :lol: I am so glad it worked out Chica!! So glad that Dave is learning and enjoying the experience! :thumbs: Ken is doing just fine! But in typical Yardie style he is looking to pick-up a next job to do on his days off and at night! We take the boys down to D.C. this weekend and my Sister is taking them to Florida to spend time with her and our Dad!

We were looking forward to the DC trip...cause from my understanding it's West Indian Carnival down there this weekend. However, Ken's restaurant has a HUGE catering job and the boss 'Can't do it without him!!' :angry: ...He told Ken he would make it worth his while if he came in pon Sunday...so we will see!!!! :whistle: So I told Ken we could go to another parade in NYC this weekend... The Gay Pride Parade!! :lol: :lol: ...Yup he brought out deh whole 'Claat' Family. :rofl: I just love stirring em up sometimes! :devil:

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Yes Sunny,

We should link-up :thumbs: and no Chica I most certainly DID NOT!!!! :angry::lol: :lol:...GO Lawny & Wakey...no word yet huh???? :unsure: They'll be fine! ;)

Bless-ed,

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Hey ladies, those of you who like a little adventure, here on the east coast NY to DC or DC to NY. There is a bus company called the MEGA BUS, they have tickets as little as $1.00 each way from NY to DC or DC to NY. There are other tickets prices aswell, it depends on what time you are willing to travel. I just purchase a friend of my SO a $2.50 round trip ticket from NY to DC over the 4th of July weekend.

In DC the bus stops at the METRO subway stop, but soon will be at Union Station . In NY it is at PENN statation. This is not the (chinese bus), this is something new. Go to www. MEGABUS.com

Be Bless

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
Hey ladies, those of you who like a little adventure, here on the east coast NY to DC or DC to NY. There is a bus company called the MEGA BUS, they have tickets as little as $1.00 each way from NY to DC or DC to NY. There are other tickets prices aswell, it depends on what time you are willing to travel. I just purchase a friend of my SO a $2.50 round trip ticket from NY to DC over the 4th of July weekend.

In DC the bus stops at the METRO subway stop, but soon will be at Union Station . In NY it is at PENN statation. This is not the (chinese bus), this is something new. Go to www. MEGABUS.com

Be Bless

Roxcie

Hey, girlfriend........

Thank you. It works for us here too. I just e-mailed Mindy and said we may actually get to go visit them in Chicago now sooner then later because of this. This is awesome.....$16 for us to travel round trip in November is amazing.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Be Bless

Roxcie

WOW!!!!! What a deal. Thanks for the info. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What time is it right now in Jamaica? I think her appointement is at 1.

Can you even get married at 16?

I remember me at that age.....I was not very mature....even though I thought I was grown.

What time is it in Jamaica right now? I think her appointment was at 1.

Well she turned 37 this month and they got married right out of school because her husband went straight into the military.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.