Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was bored and i just had to :)

MADNESS

That's definately a troll. Some people just like to stir up trouble.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Gilli..YES ! dem work..we have 3yrs under our belt....no easy road but they do work....hooraay for the anniversaries

For real we've hit quite a few bumps in the road... we just tighten the set belt a likkle tighter, it helps to smooth out the bumps :lol::yes:

isn't that the truth...Sonny how's ur shopping going :)

And your hubby's iphone!!!! :lol: :lol:

For whatever reason, I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing about anniversaries...b/c so many people believe that our SO's are using us for a green card or some other ignorant reason...I just love when love conquers all and proves them wrong! Don't get me wrong...I'm sure many do just marry for green cards but just not us! So don't let a few bad apples spoil it for the bunch!

I know what you mean about bumps in the road...but that's with HENNYTING worth having and keeping...& my Missa Young ain't going NO WHERE!! We always tell each other "I deserve you and you desrve me!"...through miserable days and happy ones!

Bless-ed,

Gill

I love hearing about JA/American marriage success stories. I overheard a conversation between two of my co-workers last week...one asked if I was still married to THAT Jamaican. The other said yes and she is very happy. I guess some people find it hard to believe we made it this far. Oh well...

We have had a few bumps too but nothing to serious. I can't believe we will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary soon. Last night we were talking about how we met 10 years ago and who liked each other first. We have both changed a lot but still madly in love after 10 long years of a great friendship. I think our daughter has even made us tighter. I can't wait for our anniversary it is going to be great. We are going to see the Cubs. Hubbies first time to a baseball game. He said he would never like USA sports but so untrue now that he hangs out with American men LOL!!

One Luv,

Jax

Andre's been to about 8 Cardinal games. (BTW....CUBS SUCK!!!) It's the only American sport he really likes. He was so/so at the hockey game we went to. I think he took to the Cardinals because it was a World Series win that year. So much excitement.

Hi yardie family --

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It's so great to read about everyone's anniversary's - confirms to me that this process in all it's craziness is worth it and can actually bring you closer together! I need a likkle favor today... AW is headed to Kingston today for an interview for a tourist visa. We started the tourist visa process since we are still new in our relationship and before we learned all of the other visa options (and before I found this wonderful site), so we decided to follow it through and then assess our next step after that. So after months of waiting just for an interview date, we finally got a date last week to go to Kingston for AW to interview. His interview is today (Monday) at 1pm -- he's so nervous. And I've quizzed him so much to make sure he knows what to say, but most importantly what NOT to say that I think his eyes are probably crossed :wacko: But I know he will do well regardless and whatever the outcome happens to be is God's will.

So if you have the time to send us some good vibes and lift AW in prayer it would be greatly appreciated today.

Thank you, all!

Unruly

Prayers and vibes, girl.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good Morning All,

Has anyone heard from Trelawny......Was wondering about the interview?

Peace N Love,

Tonya

It is tomorrow.

I was thinking someone on here needs to come up with a really pretty prayer for them tomorrow. Anyone up for the challenge? I'm definately a horrible prayer writer.

JAE....I knew those had to be professionally done. I kept thinking, does she really have a gigantic cup in her house? They are cute.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning everyone! This is going to be a crazy week for me - I am in a training class from 9a - 4p every day, and have to try to do my regular job around that :huh: I submitted my resume for a new position within my company, so please say a prayer for me - It's an Immigration manager position, lol

This was a great weekend - We went out on my friend's father's boat Sat, sailing up the CT river - just a really relaxed girls day out.

Unruly, sending positive thoughts your way for AW's interview today -

Good luck Sus - you are DEFINITELY qualified for the position!! :yes:

Today is definitely a day of prayer and positive thoughts all around. My SO is a welder and has been pulling his hair out for 2 weeks since the JA govt shut down the exporting of scrap metal. They are having a meeting about it this morning so I hope good news is coming.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for everyone needing extra today!!

Way to go Sunny!!! I'm sure you will get the appointment date within 2 weeks. Seems like they only do it on Thursdays.

JG - I agree re: Lawny's prayer. But I'm not the writer either.....

Hope everyone has a good week!! (F)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

JAE....I knew those had to be professionally done. I kept thinking, does she really have a gigantic cup in her house? They are cute.

Lol, I actually have TWO!!

They are from Walmart, they are actually planters!!

I got a pink one too for when I do photo shoots with little girls!

These were taken on my balcony, I have a backdrop with black and white backgrounds...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

These were taken on my balcony, I have a backdrop with black and white backgrounds...

I have one too! LOL... but there is NO WAY Tierra could fit in it now!!

JAE - those are great pics! I was a photo major in college but just never make time to sell andthing or do portraits etc. I would really like to make money doing what I love to do!

Do you have a studio? What do you use for backgrounds?

JAE - those are great pics! I was a photo major in college but just never make time to sell andthing or do portraits etc. I would really like to make money doing what I love to do!

OK I obviously didn't read close enough!! I see now about the backdrops...

It is surely a MONDAY morning - I exploded the coffee maker this morning! :-)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

I have a veryyyy basic home studio which just consists of this

21B44z7zBnL_SL500_AA200_.jpg

I have two muslin backgrounds, one black and one white.

Got it on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Interfit-Photographi...d=3JACR4PMAZAN6

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey cat, your about a week in now...LOL...how is louis doing, adjusting well? and as for you how are you doing well, now that there is mister in the house? Hope everything is good for you. We need to see some more pics of that sweet little girl, also.

Peace

Timeline

I have a veryyyy basic home studio which just consists of this

21B44z7zBnL_SL500_AA200_.jpg

I have two muslin backgrounds, one black and one white.

Got it on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Interfit-Photographi...d=3JACR4PMAZAN6

Oh! I want it!! :-) Thanks for the link!

I have to resolve to set up my darkroom/studio!!!

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Hey cat, your about a week in now...LOL...how is louis doing, adjusting well? and as for you how are you doing well, now that there is mister in the house? Hope everything is good for you. We need to see some more pics of that sweet little girl, also.

Peace

Its funny, it feels like he has been here forever! :-) We lived together for a few months in St Lucia so it is about the same. My daughter went to my mom's on Saturday so we had a nice night in!! :devil:

We are going to Portland for the SS# tomorrow and then he can get DL (well permit 1st - I have teach him to drive!) and also a joint bank account.

I am so happy he is here - it already feels so "normal"!!

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning everyone! This is going to be a crazy week for me - I am in a training class from 9a - 4p every day, and have to try to do my regular job around that :huh: I submitted my resume for a new position within my company, so please say a prayer for me - It's an Immigration manager position, lol

This was a great weekend - We went out on my friend's father's boat Sat, sailing up the CT river - just a really relaxed girls day out.

Today is definitely a day of prayer and positive thoughts all around. My SO is a welder and has been pulling his hair out for 2 weeks since the JA govt shut down the exporting of scrap metal. They are having a meeting about it this morning so I hope good news is coming.

Way to go Sunny!!! I'm sure you will get the appointment date within 2 weeks. Seems like they only do it on Thursdays.

I was wondering if you were around today. I just sent you an e-mail.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Was thinking about this and yes I know what you mean.

I love photography, but I think the market is not only over-saturated with photography, but most people buy a point and shoot digicam and just take their own instead of hiring a photographer.

Photography for me is a serious hobby, but I have no plans to do it full time. Again, photography is mostly free-lance, I would be scared to rely on it to pay the rent!!

Most of the money I make goes straight back into buying accessories, even though now I have pretty much everything I need!!

Also, I have bought stuff like a camera battery grip, external flash battery, so my operating costs are almost nil....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Oh! I want it!! :-) Thanks for the link!

I have to resolve to set up my darkroom/studio!!!

Girl, if you're talking about DARKROOMS, you have been out of the loop!!

To be honest, with the strides that have been made in digital technology, you would be ill-advised to get a film camera....And also, rather than set up a home studio, all you need is a space big enough to set up your background!!

Unless of course you have the extra space to spare!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Timeline

I bought a digital SLR last year, because I want to get back into it - my next step is to upgrade to a good photo editing program. I used to do a lot of black and white work (back when you needed the darkroom)

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sus, Good luck with getting the new job. If they need any references, have them log on to VJ. We'll give them an ear full. I recently got a new position within my agency and I love it.... More money too!

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.