Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If there's anyone from Maryland planning to go to JA in Sept. I just found a flight on NWA for a whopping $287.30 and it's not a one way ticket....... The dates were from 9/4-9/11 leaving from DCA (Reagan National airport) Check it out and try to play with the dates.

Lawny, Much luck to you my gyal..... Go get it girrrrrrrl

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's terrific news, Tonisha. So happy for you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I need some help! I am sure VJ Guides can answer my questions but I keep looking and just don't understand..... hoping any of you could give me answers or advice.

Louis can apply for SS# now... but he cannot work with it right? So really what is the point?

After we get married I apply for AOS... what about EAD? What and how do I do that?

I am so frustrated this is all like ALgebra to me!!?? UGH!

Thanks

Cat

Girl, TAKE THAT SS!!

He needs it to get a driving licence, apply for that now too!!

Also, if there are any delays with AOS, he may get stuck without one.

Here's what I suggest.

Next week Friday or after, apply for an SS number.

Check the requirements for a driving license. If he can't drive, get him a learner's permit.

Check with your local courthouse whether you can get your marriage license on the day.

Check for civil surgeons in your area how much they charge for transcribing his vaccination record. He DOES NOT need a full medical, just any other shots he may have missed.

For us, Andre had to be work authorized to apply for his SSN. It didn't happen till he got his green card.

You apply for the EAD, AP, and AOS all at the same time with the one fee. Just make sure to include the evidence for each seperately as they process them seperately. Of course, none of this can be done till you marry. Cart before the horse.

They were misinformed at the SS office you went to. Happens ALL the time, but EVERY K1 visa holder is eligible for their SS.

I went to 2 SS offices and called. If they say no, even after you argue with everyone and their brother, there is little you can do.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

I went to 2 SS offices and called. If they say no, even after you argue with everyone and their brother, there is little you can do.

There's a printout on a link here on VJ that you can print and take with you to the SS office if you are running into problems.

So far they've not been able to refute that....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There's a printout on a link here on VJ that you can print and take with you to the SS office if you are running into problems.

JA English...you have the cutest baby ever....LOL

Timeline
Jengles....from what I understand now, the total fee for AOS of the K-1 includes the EAD, AP, and AOS. 3 forms with supporting evidence, processed seperately; but sent in together with the one fee. If you decide to only do AOS, you still pay the same fee.

Yeah, that's right Kel. The fee for AOS is $1010 whether u file the EAD and AP with it or not. Some people wait to send off the EAD and AP paperwork till after they get a receipt notice (I-797) from their AOS packet but while ur already paying the fee....u might as well "apply" for all 3 documents at one time.

U can still apply for the SS# regardless if u got the JFK work stamp or not. He just can't work until you've gotten married and he has his EAD.

Since we're on the topic.....LOL.....DAVE STARTED HIS NEW JOB TODAY!!!!!!! :dance::dance: He got his SS# last friday and applied at a bunch of places this week, thinking he'd be lucky to get anything with the JFK work stamp. One of the larger grocery store chains called him in yesterday for an interview and he started today! :dance:

Congrats to Dave on his new job. :dance: So when is the wedding? :lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Been there, done that. Did not make a difference.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just wanted to say hello...I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. I will probably be sending in our paperwork in the next couple of weeks for the K-1 visa. I know I will be looking to you experts for help from time to time.

:)

Welcome Aboard Dillon...The more, the merrier! :thumbs: ...You're in a good place!

Bless-ed,

Gill

:blink::hehe:

Wah appen Kimkim..Dillon Not inna good place!? :P (Backatcha!) :lol:

Gill

P.S.- Mawning Fam!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
I haven't posted very much lately but I wanted to chime in and share with you all that one year has past and we will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary this sunday :dance:

I want to extend my thanks to everyone here for the support I recieved both before and after going through the Visa process. There were times when I didn't think I was going to make it, and probaly wouldn't have if it weren't for you all.

Much love to you

Pam

Hey, girl.

Congrats on the anniversary. We are June-ies too. Our 2 year will be next Sunday, the 29th. Filing the LOC in August. You aren't far behind.

Good to see you.

Thanks Jomo and Hotlegz!!

LOC.... More paper work :whistle: I'm going to start rounding things up in a few months.

Congrats JG & Sonny...henny more 'June-ies' celebrating Anniversaries? I LOVE to hear about VJ Wedding Anniversaries...just more power to the cause that VJ marriages DO work!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
I need some help! I am sure VJ Guides can answer my questions but I keep looking and just don't understand..... hoping any of you could give me answers or advice.

Louis can apply for SS# now... but he cannot work with it right? So really what is the point?

After we get married I apply for AOS... what about EAD? What and how do I do that?

I am so frustrated this is all like ALgebra to me!!?? UGH!

Thanks

Cat

For us, Andre had to be work authorized to apply for his SSN. It didn't happen till he got his green card.

You apply for the EAD, AP, and AOS all at the same time with the one fee. Just make sure to include the evidence for each seperately as they process them seperately. Of course, none of this can be done till you marry. Cart before the horse.

Thanks JG! I think the only reason for Louis' to get SS# now is to get his driver's License. They JUST (june 1st) past a law here that you need to have ss# to get a Maine DL.

Irie - did he get the work authorization stamp in his passport when he cleared immigration? I believe he needs that in order to get his SSN now. Otherwise you have to wait until you file AOS.

We only waited 10 busines days before he applied for his SSN card. Had to wait to get in the system.

Not sure if anything has changed.

Irie,

We didn't wait to apply for the SSN here in NY. Ken got here on 4/2/08...4/3/08 we went to the SSA office. But they did say that it would take 2-4 weeks for him to get it b/c they had to clear with USCIS that he was eligible for a SSN. But at least this way he had his card in 2 weeks instead of waiting 2 week after Louis gets here and then waiting another 2 weeks for the card.

Good luck,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
welcome Dillion...

Hey Sonny/Pam..congrats on ur 1yr :dance:

And fi u Ms. Gilli :bonk: fi no tek yuh ####### to the Doc fi yuh blasted boil..tell yuh bout JAcans ad home remedies

Yup cause Ken could have heated up a needle and got down to business. :whistle::whistle::thumbs::innocent: but then Gill would have been :crying::crying: and she would have been :angry::angry: but only for a little while, but then I'm sure he could have done something to make her :lol::lol:

Jengy,

You are such a likkle devil! Trust me my Man was begging HEVERYDAY fo buss hit! All when mi sleeping mi feel em finger dem inna mi ears! The ENT said ...he would never have been able to get all of hit out...he used some suction sittin' fi git halla deh pus out...GROSS!!!Mi seh hit was PAINFUL!!! I had Gavin with me and all that boy did was laugh...I was screaming in pain...Mi wanted fi give em wan ras lick yuh see! :angry: But, I couldn't...my Baby saved my life! :innocent:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Thank you lol!

Go armed with a baseball bat if all else fails :rofl:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Oh, had my practice interview with TONISHA...she so crazy. Thanks Nish and to everyone for the prayers. My job wanted me to come in today so I said SURE...send the limo at 8:30am...all now mi no see the limo yet...guess dem no wah mi fi come in aftah all. I love you all. I guess I should be NERVOUS, but I'm not...GREY GOOSE here I come.

Welcome Dillon! What part of JA is your SO from?

Thank you! He lives outside of Ocho Rios in St. Mary...up in the hills.

I have family in St. Mary.

UR welcome Lawny! LOL.......Have a Safe Trip and go easy on the "Goose"! :rofl::rofl:

Dats right Lawny...set deh Goose Loose afta deh hinterview done!! Dats exactly what Ken and I did when we got back to Greenwood!! The 2 of us knocked of one big bokkle and gave his family and friends a next bokkle fi share. I brought down 2 Bottles of Bailey's, 2 Bottles of Grey Goose and an Alize Passion! The JA customs officer was like what is you intention with all the liquor? I said "My dear Man , my fiance and I have our interview on at the U.S. Embassy pon Tuesday and WE 'intend' fi drink hoff hevery last drop after we git our approval! :thumbs:

Em just laff han seh "Mi nuh blame yuh...is which part deh party ah guh deh???"

Sending positive vibes & prayers to our Lawny and her Family as she travels today!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you lol!

Go armed with a baseball bat if all else fails :rofl:

JAenglish,

Girl looking at your baby makes me want another one and my boys are 15 and 10, i figured i was shut down for business after that last one. Mista keeps talking about dont yu want to try for a gyal, im like hell no, you have one boy, i got 2 that is enough...but yours is just adorable, maybe im feeling that maternal thing again...SOMEBODY HELP!!!!LOL

Timeline
Jengles....from what I understand now, the total fee for AOS of the K-1 includes the EAD, AP, and AOS. 3 forms with supporting evidence, processed seperately; but sent in together with the one fee. If you decide to only do AOS, you still pay the same fee.

Yeah, that's right Kel. The fee for AOS is $1010 whether u file the EAD and AP with it or not. Some people wait to send off the EAD and AP paperwork till after they get a receipt notice (I-797) from their AOS packet but while ur already paying the fee....u might as well "apply" for all 3 documents at one time.

U can still apply for the SS# regardless if u got the JFK work stamp or not. He just can't work until you've gotten married and he has his EAD.

Since we're on the topic.....LOL.....DAVE STARTED HIS NEW JOB TODAY!!!!!!! :dance::dance: He got his SS# last friday and applied at a bunch of places this week, thinking he'd be lucky to get anything with the JFK work stamp. One of the larger grocery store chains called him in yesterday for an interview and he started today! :dance:

Congrats to Dave!! That's great news.

Ditto Ton-Ton!! So happy to hear!! :thumbs: Tell em 'good luck' han knock em dead...Show dem ow wi 'Yardies' do!!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.