Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG- How are you doing over is St. Louis? I was watching the CBS Early show this morning and they were talking about the flood waters rising near/at the arch. They said that you guys might have some problems later this week...what's it looking like over there? You need to be safe girlie and keep us posted. I can't believe that these massive floods are occurring again...Thankfully this time, while there is a monumental amount of damage to land, crops, homes, etc., there is a lot less loss of life than the Katrina disaster.

Flooding everywhere. We have many rivers in the St. Louis area. None really effect me. We had a major flood in 1993 where the city pretty much shut down. I remember helping people sandbag their houses. It was so sad. Anyhow, they built a lot of new levies, moved whole cities to higher ground, etc. It seems to have helped a lot; but not enough. The Mississippi has flood gates they will soon close and has pretty far to go before it causes major damage. Although that being said, I have seen it do just that. They are saying that several of our rivers are going to crest above the 1993 levels this weekend. That is so scary.

I think Bush is here today to declare it a disaster area and give those poor people some federal funding.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I need some help! I am sure VJ Guides can answer my questions but I keep looking and just don't understand..... hoping any of you could give me answers or advice.

Louis can apply for SS# now... but he cannot work with it right? So really what is the point?

After we get married I apply for AOS... what about EAD? What and how do I do that?

I am so frustrated this is all like ALgebra to me!!?? UGH!

Thanks

Cat

For us, Andre had to be work authorized to apply for his SSN. It didn't happen till he got his green card.

You apply for the EAD, AP, and AOS all at the same time with the one fee. Just make sure to include the evidence for each seperately as they process them seperately. Of course, none of this can be done till you marry. Cart before the horse.

Thanks JG! I think the only reason for Louis' to get SS# now is to get his driver's License. They JUST (june 1st) past a law here that you need to have ss# to get a Maine DL.

Irie - did he get the work authorization stamp in his passport when he cleared immigration? I believe he needs that in order to get his SSN now. Otherwise you have to wait until you file AOS.

We only waited 10 busines days before he applied for his SSN card. Had to wait to get in the system.

Not sure if anything has changed.

Did he come through JFK and get the work authorization stamp? And what visa are you talking about?

Andre could not get it no matter what we tried until he got his green card.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I need some help! I am sure VJ Guides can answer my questions but I keep looking and just don't understand..... hoping any of you could give me answers or advice.

Louis can apply for SS# now... but he cannot work with it right? So really what is the point?

After we get married I apply for AOS... what about EAD? What and how do I do that?

Thanks

Cat

For us, Andre had to be work authorized to apply for his SSN. It didn't happen till he got his green card.

You apply for the EAD, AP, and AOS all at the same time with the one fee. Just make sure to include the evidence for each seperately as they process them seperately. Of course, none of this can be done till you marry. Cart before the horse.

Thanks JG! I think the only reason for Louis' to get SS# now is to get his driver's License. They JUST (june 1st) past a law here that you need to have ss# to get a Maine DL.

Irie - did he get the work authorization stamp in his passport when he cleared immigration? I believe he needs that in order to get his SSN now. Otherwise you have to wait until you file AOS.

We only waited 10 busines days before he applied for his SSN card. Had to wait to get in the system.

Not sure if anything has changed.

Did he come through JFK and get the work authorization stamp? And what visa are you talking about?

Andre could not get it no matter what we tried until he got his green card.

Irie - check with your local SS office because most of us didn't have any problems applying for SS cards with K-1 visas. We had to do it before the I-94 expired much is good for 90 days.

Filed: Timeline

Okay. I'm back from the bank all is well. Damn all is want is a drama free day. Well, ladies this is it. See ya'll in a few weeks. Love ya. Mek sure duppy no walk in a disyah room

Novelette

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay. I'm back from the bank all is well. Damn all is want is a drama free day. Well, ladies this is it. See ya'll in a few weeks. Love ya. Mek sure duppy no walk in a disyah room

Novelette

Best of luck! Safe Travels! I look forward to hearing all about it.

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Novelette

Best of luck! Safe Travels! I look forward to hearing all about it.

Tre, Have a safe and wonderful trip. Best of luck.

Be Blessed

Roxcie

Timeline

Bring us back some good news, Tre.

Be safe!

I'll miss you. Say a prayer for us every morning, please.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
welcome Dillion...

Hey Sonny/Pam..congrats on ur 1yr :dance:

And fi u Ms. Gilli :bonk: fi no tek yuh ####### to the Doc fi yuh blasted boil..tell yuh bout JAcans ad home remedies

Yup cause Ken could have heated up a needle and got down to business. :whistle::whistle::thumbs::innocent: but then Gill would have been :crying::crying: and she would have been :angry::angry: but only for a little while, but then I'm sure he could have done something to make her :lol::lol:

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks

Cat

he can't get the ead seperately?

I just wanted to say hello...I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. I will probably be sending in our paperwork in the next couple of weeks for the K-1 visa. I know I will be looking to you experts for help from time to time.

:)

Welcome Aboard Dillon...The more, the merrier! :thumbs: ...You're in a good place!

Bless-ed,

Gill

:blink::hehe:

:lol: you are bad.

Welcome Dillon. Good luck Trelawny.

I feel like I missed something.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Jengles....from what I understand now, the total fee for AOS of the K-1 includes the EAD, AP, and AOS. 3 forms with supporting evidence, processed seperately; but sent in together with the one fee. If you decide to only do AOS, you still pay the same fee.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jengles....from what I understand now, the total fee for AOS of the K-1 includes the EAD, AP, and AOS. 3 forms with supporting evidence, processed seperately; but sent in together with the one fee. If you decide to only do AOS, you still pay the same fee.

Yeah, that's right Kel. The fee for AOS is $1010 whether u file the EAD and AP with it or not. Some people wait to send off the EAD and AP paperwork till after they get a receipt notice (I-797) from their AOS packet but while ur already paying the fee....u might as well "apply" for all 3 documents at one time.

U can still apply for the SS# regardless if u got the JFK work stamp or not. He just can't work until you've gotten married and he has his EAD.

Since we're on the topic.....LOL.....DAVE STARTED HIS NEW JOB TODAY!!!!!!! :dance::dance: He got his SS# last friday and applied at a bunch of places this week, thinking he'd be lucky to get anything with the JFK work stamp. One of the larger grocery store chains called him in yesterday for an interview and he started today! :dance:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Thanks

Cat

Girl, TAKE THAT SS!!

He needs it to get a driving licence, apply for that now too!!

Also, if there are any delays with AOS, he may get stuck without one.

Here's what I suggest.

Next week Friday or after, apply for an SS number.

Check the requirements for a driving license. If he can't drive, get him a learner's permit.

Check with your local courthouse whether you can get your marriage license on the day.

Check for civil surgeons in your area how much they charge for transcribing his vaccination record. He DOES NOT need a full medical, just any other shots he may have missed.

They were misinformed at the SS office you went to. Happens ALL the time, but EVERY K1 visa holder is eligible for their SS.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

No, that's wrong. He DOES NOT need any stamp to get his SS. All he needs is his passport and I-94 and to fill out the form at the SS office.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh, had my practice interview with TONISHA...she so crazy. Thanks Nish and to everyone for the prayers. My job wanted me to come in today so I said SURE...send the limo at 8:30am...all now mi no see the limo yet...guess dem no wah mi fi come in aftah all. I love you all. I guess I should be NERVOUS, but I'm not...GREY GOOSE here I come.

Welcome Dillon! What part of JA is your SO from?

Thank you! He lives outside of Ocho Rios in St. Mary...up in the hills.

I have family in St. Mary.

UR welcome Lawny! LOL.......Have a Safe Trip and go easy on the "Goose"! :rofl::rofl:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

Yeah, that's right Kel. The fee for AOS is $1010 whether u file the EAD and AP with it or not. Some people wait to send off the EAD and AP paperwork till after they get a receipt notice (I-797) from their AOS packet but while ur already paying the fee....u might as well "apply" for all 3 documents at one time.

U can still apply for the SS# regardless if u got the JFK work stamp or not. He just can't work until you've gotten married and he has his EAD.

Since we're on the topic.....LOL.....DAVE STARTED HIS NEW JOB TODAY!!!!!!! :dance::dance: He got his SS# last friday and applied at a bunch of places this week, thinking he'd be lucky to get anything with the JFK work stamp. One of the larger grocery store chains called him in yesterday for an interview and he started today! :dance:

Congrats to Dave!! That's great news.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.