Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Gill, i have told him once already, if you dont take your tail to the clinic, baby i just cant listen anymore. I love u, but i cant make you go, so if you want to continue to feel as if your experiencing childbirth, nonstop, that is on you. I wish he wasnt so dang gone stubborn. Gill you were very blessed that you took care of it and still had a beautiful wedding.

Thanks

Since mi done pack areadi...what's up Honey; if im no wah go...wait deh...look if he don't want to go i don't know what to tell him...but don't make him make you crazy in the process. I"m going home tomorrow and wouldn't you know it Marcel has the flu...GREAT! He's never been sick his mom said. He went to the mountains in Mandaville with his friends call to tell me it cold, next thing he sick. I tell you men can be baies sometimes. I know if he rinse his mouth out with white rum it will help with the pain, but only temporary (he should know that)...most Jamaicans do. In all, I hope he gets better, tootaches are no joke and can lead to bigger things and trust me he don't want that. My co-worker in the hospital now with an heart infection, because he have yuck mout. So, try not to stress too much.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Welcome Dillon! What part of JA is your SO from?

Thank you! He lives outside of Ocho Rios in St. Mary...up in the hills.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Oh, had my practice interview with TONISHA...she so crazy. Thanks Nish and to everyone for the prayers. My job wanted me to come in today so I said SURE...send the limo at 8:30am...all now mi no see the limo yet...guess dem no wah mi fi come in aftah all. I love you all. I guess I should be NERVOUS, but I'm not...GREY GOOSE here I come.

I have family in St. Mary.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Since mi done pack areadi...what's up Honey; if im no wah go...wait deh...look if he don't want to go i don't know what to tell him...but don't make him make you crazy in the process. I"m going home tomorrow and wouldn't you know it Marcel has the flu...GREAT! He's never been sick his mom said. He went to the mountains in Mandaville with his friends call to tell me it cold, next thing he sick. I tell you men can be baies sometimes. I know if he rinse his mouth out with white rum it will help with the pain, but only temporary (he should know that)...most Jamaicans do. In all, I hope he gets better, tootaches are no joke and can lead to bigger things and trust me he don't want that. My co-worker in the hospital now with an heart infection, because he have yuck mout. So, try not to stress too much.

You think the cold causes the flu?? Anthony tries to tell me that blasted thing all the time - the night cold/dew will make him sick. :wacko: If so, all of us in "cold country" would have it 6-8 months out of the year!! Where's Claire to give us the medical low-down on it???

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

DJ was living in Ocho Rios - he's in Spanishtown right now.

Lawny, you are too funny - Have a great trip and I will be sending many prayers out for you and Wakey.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

You think the cold causes the flu?? Anthony tries to tell me that blasted thing all the time - the night cold/dew will make him sick. :wacko: If so, all of us in "cold country" would have it 6-8 months out of the year!! Where's Claire to give us the medical low-down on it???

Island...we what I'm talking about. I knew where he was going with it. So, I tell him, since you're sick no ROOKSING FOR YOU! :rofl: If you hear some of the things I was told when growing up. Like, don't going into the fridge after you iron or you'll catch a cold...don't drink something cold if you drinking soup, you can't bath then go outside right away...my girl the list goes on. I just roll my eyes.

tep aff a mi name

Wah di bbrassclatt a gwanne tideh pon mi...bank just called...about a $5500 charge to my credit card this morning at...now I have to go over there and figure out what happened and the DUMBA$$ bank put the charge through. I really don't need this on my head today.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Gill, i have told him once already, if you dont take your tail to the clinic, baby i just cant listen anymore. I love u, but i cant make you go, so if you want to continue to feel as if your experiencing childbirth, nonstop, that is on you. I wish he wasnt so dang gone stubborn. Gill you were very blessed that you took care of it and still had a beautiful wedding.

Thanks

hey lawny..good vibes your way sweetie.. i rememba when u joined ( i was still lurking) and your troubles w/ your ex rang tru for me as well.. Its been a long time but seems like just yesterday at the same time WOW I pray many blessings for you and your new family girl.. I know everything will be kriss!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I need some help! I am sure VJ Guides can answer my questions but I keep looking and just don't understand..... hoping any of you could give me answers or advice.

Louis can apply for SS# now... but he cannot work with it right? So really what is the point?

After we get married I apply for AOS... what about EAD? What and how do I do that?

I am so frustrated this is all like ALgebra to me!!?? UGH!

Thanks

Cat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Honey,

If you have the money and can afford to send it ..why not..that is your man and someone you plan on spending your life with...so no matter who says what, when or why it is ur life...i know I wouldn't be comfortable if my husband was in pain and i don't help cause i'm thinking what IT looks like to others...that's just society...u r for each other and no one else..do what u gotta or can

Kimmy

:thumbs: Totally agree with you Kimmy. I would and have done this on a number of occasions for different needs even though I was not asked.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
I just wanted to say hello...I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. I will probably be sending in our paperwork in the next couple of weeks for the K-1 visa. I know I will be looking to you experts for help from time to time.

:)

Welcome Aboard Dillon.. Be Blessed w/ your journey

Timeline
Hola Fam,

Lawny, my darling...I am wishing you nothing but the best on your interview...I KNOW WILL GUYS WILL GET THROUGH!!! Sending positive vibes your way...You have done your homework and leg work...now sit back relax and let the good Lord guide you through this! Don't let ANYONE at the Embassy shake you...just brush them off!!!

Honey, Baby Girl...you need to ask your SO if he had the time to take his son why doesn't he have the time to take himself? What will his son do without a Father if his tooth is abcessed and more serious than he thinks. Can I tell you a few weeks ago I had a boil in my ears...Ken insisted upon popping it...then it came back the week before my wedding even bigger and more painful!

I kept telling myself I;ll deal with it after the wedding. The next day my youngest son, Gavin fell down and kept complaining about his hip. I immediately found the time to take him to the doctor. When we got to the Dr. Gavin tell her..."I'm fine...I need you to look in my Mommy's ear!" Thank G-d my son had more sense than I did. His pediatrician immediately called the her friend an ENT and told me to go to his office NOW!! He will see you as soon as you get there...Gillian this is very serious!!

I went and low and behold the boil had turn into and abcess and was slowly leaking into my ear canal and blood stream. The ENT told me I would probably have been hospitalized in very serious critical condition if I would have waited until after my wedding!!!

I know long story short...sometimes we as parent are so concerned with taking care of our children we forget to take care of ourselves!!!

One days pay will NOT kill him or his child compared to NO MORE DAYS PAY if something serious happens.

I hope he feels better soon. He's in my prayers for a speedy resolution!

Blessed,

Gill

I feel ya girl.. i can count on one hand the amount of times I have went to the hospital beside annuals of course.. I just try to endure, but my kids are a different story.. I will pop some vitamin c in a minute.. born and raised in TX, so my grand mother didn't have many home remedies except for LAXATIVE!! Take a laxative when u got a bad cough, take a laxative if u body ache..Guys she would look at u sometimes and be like "You look weary, you need a laxative" We were the most regular girls in TX i am sure!!!!!!!!!! :help::no::lol:

Timeline
I haven't posted very much lately but I wanted to chime in and share with you all that one year has past and we will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary this sunday :dance:

I want to extend my thanks to everyone here for the support I recieved both before and after going through the Visa process. There were times when I didn't think I was going to make it, and probaly wouldn't have if it weren't for you all.

Much love to you

Pam

Hey, girl.

Congrats on the anniversary. We are June-ies too. Our 2 year will be next Sunday, the 29th. Filing the LOC in August. You aren't far behind.

Good to see you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I just wanted to say hello...I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. I will probably be sending in our paperwork in the next couple of weeks for the K-1 visa. I know I will be looking to you experts for help from time to time.

:)

Welcome to the yardie thread, Dillion. :thumbs: You will find your experience here, a very rewarding one as you go through this gruelling process.

Much love

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.