Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nope JG, im just honeychild on here and littlerosey on jamaica talk. I have been to st louis once and never been to Minnesota, Ms. H, but have always wanted to come to the mall of america. :star:

OK. I knew you were familiar. Just couldn't figure out why.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Tre....you have my cell number. You can call me if you want to pass on some good news.

I wish you the best. Hugs to you for good luck!

P.S.......stay away from any "handy" security guards, be careful crossing the street, and no yelling at anyone in the embassy!

Love you, girl!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

okay ladies, i need some guidance/advice...i apologize in advance as this is off topic. I am slowly understanding the extreme differences in the way things are in JA and the US. My SO, who has never asked me for a dime, is suffering from a major toothache, and cannot afford to have it looked at. Hell i have dental insurance and i can barely afford to go to the dentist. Anyway last night, he dang near cried like a baby he was in so much pain :crying: , i know how awful he felt, the last toothache i had , i equated it to having a baby out of my a$$, just horrible :crying: . I want to send him money to take care of it, but (1) i am going to JA in 2 weeks, so i need to save money, (2) the costs involved already with the filing fees, etc (3) i just dont know, i guess it is that instant thing that some women experience when it comes to giving a man money, dont quite know if you guys understand where im coming from, but hopefully someone does :blink: . If he was here, i wouldnt hesistate to make sure he was ok and once we get married i will be adding him to my insurance. Okay ladies, someone just give me there two cents, worth...i need to hear it, good, bad or ugly...LOL

Thanks

Honey

Timeline
Good morning Everyone!

Tre - have a wonderful trip! Don't get too much stress piled on you! :-)

So I asked Louis what his favorite thing about being here and he said "Peace of mind".... He doesnt get too excited about much (or show it at least) but he says he likes it here... has met a few friends and likes them. It finally got warm yesterday and the sun came out. He didn't need his swetshirt.. t-shirt!! WOW! We went to a nice park by the ocean and he really liked it. Then a friend had a bonfire and we helped the kids catch fireflies... I think he was enjoying himself. He likes the chill family stuff. Oh and he did the dishes last night! Wahooo! :-) LOL

Anyway .. thanks again everyone for your kind words and I pray everyone's journey goes as smooth as mine has.

Now I have to worry about follow up vaccines and a wedding! :D

Glad to hear things are going well Cat. And dishes?? That's awesome! :lol:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Honey,

If you have the money and can afford to send it ..why not..that is your man and someone you plan on spending your life with...so no matter who says what, when or why it is ur life...i know I wouldn't be comfortable if my husband was in pain and i don't help cause i'm thinking what IT looks like to others...that's just society...u r for each other and no one else..do what u gotta or can

Kimmy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Honey,

If you have the money and can afford to send it ..why not..that is your man and someone you plan on spending your life with...so no matter who says what, when or why it is ur life...i know I wouldn't be comfortable if my husband was in pain and i don't help cause i'm thinking what IT looks like to others...that's just society...u r for each other and no one else..do what u gotta or can

Kimmy

I agree with Kimmy. You are obviously committed to him otherwise you wouldn't be here in the first place and that means supporting each other through the good and the bad. I have had to help my SO out at times when circumstances well beyond his control have left him not working. I have a hard time cooking dinner for my family knowing he is sitting there having only a dumpling and bag juice. I believe for most people there is never "extra" money for things, but you make do and make it work out. Trust your heart and your gut - it will always be right if you listen.

(F) Tanya

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Honey,

Kimmy

I agree with Kimmy. You are obviously committed to him otherwise you wouldn't be here in the first place and that means supporting each other through the good and the bad. I have had to help my SO out at times when circumstances well beyond his control have left him not working. I have a hard time cooking dinner for my family knowing he is sitting there having only a dumpling and bag juice. I believe for most people there is never "extra" money for things, but you make do and make it work out. Trust your heart and your gut - it will always be right if you listen.

(F) Tanya

Thanks ladies, i appreciate it. I have been swaying back and forth about it, and i think im just going to send it Western Union, and not tell him until it is done. When my tooth was hurting, i wanted someone to just shoot me, i wrapped my head in a heating pad and medicated myself until i passed out, and quickly got to the dentist, i cant stand for him to be so miserable.

Timeline

I'm going to agree. If you can help him out, help him out. It isn't near as expensive as in the US.

If you can't, then you can't. He survived before you.....he'll figure it out on his own. There are home remedies he could try. I answered you on the other site as to my suggestions on that one.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Honey,

Kimmy

Honey, if you were on the other side of the coin, what would you want him to do for you. Follow your heart, no one can tell you how to treat the person that you love. I agree with Kimmy aswell.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
I'm going to agree. If you can help him out, help him out. It isn't near as expensive as in the US.

If you can't, then you can't. He survived before you.....he'll figure it out on his own. There are home remedies he could try. I answered you on the other site as to my suggestions on that one.

Yea...JG I agree he could try home remedies

But a tooth hurts for a reason and how long will that remedy last...I have had a toothache b4 and let me tell yah it it no freaking joke...

In JA some of the health issues are due to lack of care..money just not available to go....

Is this the 1st time the tooth has been bothered him ?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Has anyone had experience or know anyone that has used the free health care that is supposedly available?

I have been having this exact debate with DJ lately, because he's been sick. He will never ask me for anything, and gets mad at me when I do things - He needs to go to the doctor, and keeps telling me he will go when he has enough money - He said that he doesn't want to go and sit there for hours and wait. In my mind, not a good enough reason - I have had my days of having to use the clinics / Planned Parenthood / whatever because I had no insurance and couldn't get there. It's frustrating to wait, but better to go sit there and wait than it is to not be seen by a doctor and get treated.

Now you all are making me feel guilty that I should send him money to go!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

sus..YOU SHOULD NOT feel guilty if he is doing what he needs to do in JA to support himself and something comes up if u can you can and if u can't u can't like JG said. If he is waiting for you to send the money that's a problem..and not working or nothing..nothing comes to a waiting hand

Timeline
Has anyone had experience or know anyone that has used the free health care that is supposedly available?

I have been having this exact debate with DJ lately, because he's been sick. He will never ask me for anything, and gets mad at me when I do things - He needs to go to the doctor, and keeps telling me he will go when he has enough money - He said that he doesn't want to go and sit there for hours and wait. In my mind, not a good enough reason - I have had my days of having to use the clinics / Planned Parenthood / whatever because I had no insurance and couldn't get there. It's frustrating to wait, but better to go sit there and wait than it is to not be seen by a doctor and get treated.

Now you all are making me feel guilty that I should send him money to go!

He says that you have to wait hours on end for the clinic, but the tooth was bothering him before he said and then it quit. He just cant afford to go, i just talked to him and he still sounds awful :crying: someone at work gave him some medicine last night, so i say baby what was it, he says i dont know, they were blue...im like what the hell!! you cant just take random pills. so then he said i am going to go and try to get some advil... i say babe, advil isnt going to help you, find out how much the damn dentist is and how soon you can get in, cause obviously whatever was marinating in his tooth before, is giving him hell and without antibiotics it may settle down again after a few days of misery. he cant afford to be off work. JG i told him saltwater soaks, which he says isnt helping, then i say get from underneath the damn fan, he says baby it is hot, i say look, that cool air isnt going to help your situation, then i say get a hot towel and put it on the side of your face, but he says its not working.. and he sounds like he is trying so hard not to cry, so im like CALL the DANG DENTIST, sheesh..i will just do what i have to do :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.