Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
But Gilllllll..

Mi all fi get bout di limazine...di sound...wait deh...wah else mi a fit...ohhhhh minstah need suit and hat...no figet seh mi need some doves release aftah di cerimoni...one more ting di cake...mek sure a one black cake...mi caan nyam di yellow cake a tall..an since u ago get frack fi everi badi else...mi ago need 2 more...so mi can change 2 times aftah at the reception...u know seh mi afi fresh and trash out...aftah all a fi mi day...tonks mi sitren...mi we able fi pay u back in about 360 months...luv u eerrrrrrrr CHUPS

Rope in Ken and make it a family affair, him can drive the limo and play the music :innocent:

:rofl:Gill ago ring mi neck when she read dis

No Man...I'm just going to call Marcel's Auntie inna Queens fi help me plan deh wedding fuh Onnuh! I'm sure she'd be only to happy to lend a hand! :lol: :lol: Maybe she can do the DJ'ing :lol::rofl:;)

Gill

OHHHH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Marcel auntie a tie Tre up and tel Marcel she a leave him at di altar.. LOL mi gyal will pull out di eyelashes and eyelashes of every bridesmaid to affi work wid dat mad woman!!!!

:lol: :lol: ...yuh dyam right Quans...:rofl:

You know seh unu mad no baxide...see wah unu do...see wah unu do...GUESS WHAT FLIGHT SHE'S ON FRIDAY MORNING? just GUESS :crying: mineeeeeeeeeeee :crying: SHE'S ON MY FLIGHT out of BWI Friday :crying: why meeeeee....she betah no say nutin to mi ar mi son...mebah se she did a cuss Marcel cause im go pick up ooman wid pickney....

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great;

Once again, Air Jamaica is late into Baltimore. Now, mi afi drink some coffee before mi drop dung. At least it's only a 1 hour delay instead of 3 hours when my friend flew in last week. Cho...ya'll think 2 people can fit into the bathroom on the plane :diablo: opps nevermind. Mi can barely fit indeh mi self

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Kim..i see u... (L)

Hey, did anyone see this article this morning?

Did you hear of this insulting exhibit that was quickly removed in a NY studio. See article, and pics ..sad.

Subject: FW: The Assassination of Barack Obama: Freedom of expression or racism?

The Assassination of Barack Obama: Freedom of expression or racism?

<http://sandrarose.com/2008/06/05/the-assassination-of-barack-obama-freedom-of-expression-or-racism/>

controversial art exhibit was raided and shut down before it could be viewed in NYC yesterday.

According to the NY Times blog: Cityroom <http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/police-shut-down-assassination-art-exhibition/> , Boston-born performance artist, Yazmany Arboleda, tried to set up a provocative art exhibition in a vacant storefront on West 40th Street in Midtown Manha ttan with the title, "The Assassination of Hillary Clinton/The Assassination of Barack Obama".

The artist thought his racist views were protected under the Constitution because he was expressing himself through his art. Wrong.

Not 30 minutes after Arboleda set up the gallery across the street from the New York Times building, police, feds and secret service swooped in to shut the art exhibit down. While police covered the offensive storefront window with brown paper, Arboleda was led away in handcuffs to be "interrogated".

Arboleda, 27, learned the hard way that freedom has its limits. Later, in an interview, he said: "It's art. It's not supposed to be harmful. It's about character assassination — about how Obama and Hillary have been portrayed by the media." He added, "It's about the media."

OMG!!! This is so upsetting!! This almost made me cry. The term they used next to the pictures of his daughters....how horrible. I cannot understand people. racism is an ugly thing and its so upsetting and utterly disturbing to see. This type of thing os one of those things that Baracks daughters would see and experience and it will go down as maybe the first of many racist acts against them. We all as Black people have that FIRST time we were called the N word, we were judged harshly by our skin, our hair, our voice our nose, our lips, and now even our genitals!! UGH! I am glad they pulled this ####### as fast as they did, cause i can only imagine the damage it will do to som many young Black boys and girls. Its such a horrible feeling deep in your gut to see things like this it makes me sick to my stomach. Its ALWAYS so hard for Black people...I don't care what nobody say we have to work 10 times as hard as the next White person to do the SAME exact thing, and its just tiring. You come to a point when enough is enough.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
alright yardies.. mi usually do aight wid di patwah but what is "kuf" LOL

Girl that ain't patois, thats straight hood, haha :rofl: !

means somebody bought tuh throw down and get they butt whooped!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Thanks ladies ..it felt like di old yardie thread today :)....i am cracking up...Gill try put mi pon di list mi affi go get Kimora school uniform :)

registered kimora for school today :dance:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Thanks ladies ..it felt like di old yardie thread today :)....i am cracking up...Gill try put mi pon di list mi affi go get Kimora school uniform :)

That's great Kimmy; my son starts in August. I wish they would make the wear uniforms in this part of Maryland.

For those waiting for interviews..........

Last night while waiting for my mom's delayed flight in Baltimore from Mobay I was talking to this lady that was waiting for her fiance to arrive from Jamaica. We had a long conversation about the whole process. Very nice lady (reminded me of JG) nice and inviting smile. Anyway these are just a few things she shared with me. She told me that when you're in the embassy you're being observed (even though you're just sitting their waiting). You're be watched on you interactions with your SO (I think some of us already knew this)..but I'm sharing it anyway. Also told that the COs have already made up their mind when you walk up to their window (HAVE YOUR sh*t in order) and SMILE. The impression you make on them when you walk up to the the window will ease your interview. Don't suck up, but just be yourself. If you're nervous, tell them you're nervous. If you need time to think about an answer, tell them to give you a minute and if they start to give you attitude (let them know that in a polite way). THEY'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE RUDE, YELL, or RUSH you in anyway. Quite a few of them have gotten into trouble for doing so. Remember, they're working for the United States and customer service is the biggest complaint. She also shared this with me (she works at a gvt agency in D.C.) ;) I was telling her that I have a lot of friends who did the marriage visa and had cases completed a couple of months ago and no interview dates and that we believe Kingston is holding everything up. Well, to my surprise, she said Kingston is not the problem when it comes to the CR/1. She says that the NVC has to set the date that they're behind. I know ya'll don't want to hear this, but she also told me the the NORMAL waiting time for CR/1 interview scheduling is 60 - 120 days (after your case is completed). Of course my mouth was wide open at that time. Another thing, a lot of WORK VISAs and I mean A LOT (especially for farm and produce) coming out of Kingston, students coming up to attend college in August. For some reason I thought there were more K-1s coming out of Kingston than CR/1...I was wrong there as well. She said no, it's the other way around. More CR/1s are being processed. She aslo told me that if you add in the time it takes for the K-1 applicant to adjust status, it's almost as long (if not longer) when comparing it to the CR/1. She told me plenty more, but too much to type. Anyway, I'm having lunch with her and her fiance today. I'll see what else she tells me.

JG next time you're here we're going to HOPS in Virginia.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning all -

Interesting to hear, Lawny - With the work visas, however, there was a big screw up this year - I have friends that usually come up every summer on work visas and work at Block Island or Nantucket - none of them could get their visas for this year, which leaves the resorts short of workers and seriously hits the pockets of my friends - They would make so so much money in tips over the summer months,

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

That's great Kimmy; my son starts in August. I wish they would make the wear uniforms in this part of Maryland.

For those waiting for interviews..........

Last night while waiting for my mom's delayed flight in Baltimore from Mobay I was talking to this lady that was waiting for her fiance to arrive from Jamaica. We had a long conversation about the whole process. Very nice lady (reminded me of JG) nice and inviting smile. Anyway these are just a few things she shared with me. She told me that when you're in the embassy you're being observed (even though you're just sitting their waiting). You're be watched on you interactions with your SO (I think some of us already knew this)..but I'm sharing it anyway. Also told that the COs have already made up their mind when you walk up to their window (HAVE YOUR sh*t in order) and SMILE. The impression you make on them when you walk up to the the window will ease your interview. Don't suck up, but just be yourself. If you're nervous, tell them you're nervous. If you need time to think about an answer, tell them to give you a minute and if they start to give you attitude (let them know that in a polite way). THEY'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE RUDE, YELL, or RUSH you in anyway. Quite a few of them have gotten into trouble for doing so. Remember, they're working for the United States and customer service is the biggest complaint. She also shared this with me (she works at a gvt agency in D.C.) ;) I was telling her that I have a lot of friends who did the marriage visa and had cases completed a couple of months ago and no interview dates and that we believe Kingston is holding everything up. Well, to my surprise, she said Kingston is not the problem when it comes to the CR/1. She says that the NVC has to set the date that they're behind. I know ya'll don't want to hear this, but she also told me the the NORMAL waiting time for CR/1 interview scheduling is 60 - 120 days (after your case is completed). Of course my mouth was wide open at that time. Another thing, a lot of WORK VISAs and I mean A LOT (especially for farm and produce) coming out of Kingston, students coming up to attend college in August. For some reason I thought there were more K-1s coming out of Kingston than CR/1...I was wrong there as well. She said no, it's the other way around. More CR/1s are being processed. She aslo told me that if you add in the time it takes for the K-1 applicant to adjust status, it's almost as long (if not longer) when comparing it to the CR/1. She told me plenty more, but too much to type. Anyway, I'm having lunch with her and her fiance today. I'll see what else she tells me.

JG next time you're here we're going to HOPS in Virginia.

Thanks for the info Lawny - keep up the good work! :thumbs:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Morning all -

Interesting to hear, Lawny - With the work visas, however, there was a big screw up this year - I have friends that usually come up every summer on work visas and work at Block Island or Nantucket - none of them could get their visas for this year, which leaves the resorts short of workers and seriously hits the pockets of my friends - They would make so so much money in tips over the summer months,

From what I understood, it wasn't so much a screw up as the fact that they just didn't allow as many this year at all.

Lawny, you are like our very won roving reporter. Good info.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Lawny..is it private school ur son is going to ?

Kimora has no choice, her school is catholic..i wished every school mandated uniforms

BTW..lawny..weh u get the strength fi type ALL a DAT :rofl:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Kimora has no choice, her school is catholic..i wished every school mandated uniforms

No, I wanted to send him to pvt school, but can't afford it. We live in a great school district. Some areas in Maryland you have to wear uniforms I just wish it was statewide. Girl, the lady was so nice and told me so much more, but it's too much to type. I'm having lunch with her today, so I'll see what else she tells mes. She was so damn nice and friendly. She just walked over sat down, was admiring my braids and she just started talking. She told me about her last marriage and her kids and family and her fiance and how their K-1 process took 1 year because of her job...blah..blah..blah. Her fiance had me in tears, because he's never left Jamaica let alone been on a plane, so he said he kept going to the bathroom.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I agree with that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

I am just popping in for a brief update. My SO and I are still having problems, I wouldn't say our relationship is entirely over but its not looking good. In any case, I decided not to cancel my petition and let things run its course. Of course, it seems like we'll have more than enough time to deal with our problems considering I have yet to receive my NOA2 while others who filed after me have started receiving theirs. :angry: (happy for them, angry at VSC).. oh well...I'm trying to hang in there but its been very hard..

Thanks again for the support on this thread and those who have PM'd me.

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Timeline
Good morning everyone,

I am just popping in for a brief update. My SO and I are still having problems, I wouldn't say our relationship is entirely over but its not looking good. In any case, I decided not to cancel my petition and let things run its course. Of course, it seems like we'll have more than enough time to deal with our problems considering I have yet to receive my NOA2 while others who filed after me have started receiving theirs. :angry: (happy for them, angry at VSC).. oh well...I'm trying to hang in there but its been very hard..

Thanks again for the support on this thread and those who have PM'd me.

Nice to see you Mommy. How are you feeling? Sounds like a wise decision not to cancel the petition. Just take each day as it comes and let God guide your hand. Things will happen when the time is right.

Timeline

Lawny,

That's the same thing I said until i found out it was cheaper than daycare..and she will be with other kids..maybe she won't be sooo grown...the waiting list to get her in pre-school..waiting list crazy long...and the public school which is fantastic where i am is full too..so I pay a little less than what i would for daycare and she's actually getting taught. Pre-school is not mandated by state so yuh get in where u can..and pay wah u can't afford :) But mi a tell yuh uniform no cheap.

U bettah be careful..mine dem kidnap yuh..yuh too blasted friendly :luv:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.