Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Where is Sally's in Brooklyn? Have you been to Caribbean Island in City Island? I love that place

I can tell you it's on Ralph Avenue just not the cross streets.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning Fam,

OK, I have to vent! Ken just calls me and says some random fellow he works with saw our wedding picture and loved my outfit and now wants to know if I can take his fiancee shopping for a wedding dress b/c David's Bridal is too expensive han dem pon ah budget! Then my Husband puts the man on the phone. He tells me his fiancee is a size 18 and is having trouble finding anything 'reasonable'!

I tell him about a wholesale Dressy dresses outlet about 20 minutes from where he and Ken work...Homeboy then says ..."Yuh knoa wat...I haffi wuk pon Saturday...but I will tell har fi tek deh bus han come here afta she finish wuk at noon han yuh cyaan meet har here han tek har tuh deh place." :blink::blink:WTBumbarasclaatFhockery is dis! Like I don't have a dyam ting fuh duh den cart dis yah ooman around looking fuh wedding dresses!!!!

I then told him I was busy on Saturday...but would be more than happy to tell them ow fuh get out deh pon deh bus! The renking man ave deh nerve fi seh..."Wat bout Sundeh den? Ken tell mi yuh nuh really ave too much plan pon Sundeh!! Plus, I'm hoff pon Sundeh suh I cyan guh wid onnuh, jus meet us hup here hat noon shall we seh? At this point I am like... :o:huh::help:

I told him I would haffi git back tuh him...he says "By tiddeh puh-lease..wi haffi git dis ting sort hout!!!"

Ken then has the G-d given sense to call me back and says..."Baby Gurl, mi never knoa hit wouldda guh dung suh! Mi sarry!" I told him..."Don't be sorry, just know seh...I am NOT doing it...wat yuh decide fi tell yuh friend is pon yuh!"

OK, AM I WRONG? I don't know this man or his fiancee from a blinking whole in the wall! Not to mention, what exactly am I suppose to do with the boys! They hated going shopping for their wedding suits not to mention some random woman they dont know!! Because of course Mr. Young is working on Sunday!

GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRH!!!!!!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Caribbean Island is on the main road in City Island - really good food. Another place I love is Footprints in Brooklyn - I have only eaten at the one in Coney Island, but there are two of them -

Gill, you are not wrong at all - it's not like you are single, have no kids, etc.... I would tell the guy that if he wants to pay for the babysitter, you will take her shopping!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Mawning Fam,

OK, I have to vent! Ken just calls me and says some random fellow he works with saw our wedding picture and loved my outfit and now wants to know if I can take his fiancee shopping for a wedding dress b/c David's Bridal is too expensive han dem pon ah budget! Then my Husband puts the man on the phone. He tells me his fiancee is a size 18 and is having trouble finding anything 'reasonable'!

I tell him about a wholesale Dressy dresses outlet about 20 minutes from where he and Ken work...Homeboy then says ..."Yuh knoa wat...I haffi wuk pon Saturday...but I will tell har fi tek deh bus han come here afta she finish wuk at noon han yuh cyaan meet har here han tek har tuh deh place." :blink::blink:WTBumbarasclaatFhockery is dis! Like I don't have a dyam ting fuh duh den cart dis yah ooman around looking fuh wedding dresses!!!!

I then told him I was busy on Saturday...but would be more than happy to tell them ow fuh get out deh pon deh bus! The renking man ave deh nerve fi seh..."Wat bout Sundeh den? Ken tell mi yuh nuh really ave too much plan pon Sundeh!! Plus, I'm hoff pon Sundeh suh I cyan guh wid onnuh, jus meet us hup here hat noon shall we seh? At this point I am like... :o:huh::help:

I told him I would haffi git back tuh him...he says "By tiddeh puh-lease..wi haffi git dis ting sort hout!!!"

Ken then has the G-d given sense to call me back and says..."Baby Gurl, mi never knoa hit wouldda guh dung suh! Mi sarry!" I told him..."Don't be sorry, just know seh...I am NOT doing it...wat yuh decide fi tell yuh friend is pon yuh!"

OK, AM I WRONG? I don't know this man or his fiancee from a blinking whole in the wall! Not to mention, what exactly am I suppose to do with the boys! They hated going shopping for their wedding suits not to mention some random woman they dont know!! Because of course Mr. Young is working on Sunday!

Bless,

Gill

You gave him the location of where to go, that was more than enough!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:ot:

Ok ladies, i need help...quick!

Regarding vaccinations at the clinics...my husband is there now trying to get his shots early. They are telling him he needs to get MMR, which he already had and is on his record, but they say he needs is twice....is this true? The other shot is DT which is Tetnus I believe which would make sense. The last one is Hep C. Which the nurse says is new...is this correct? She says he needs one shot now pf Hep C, one shot of it like 6 weeks later and another shot of it a month after that. Obviously those shots would be in the US, but is this correct in what he needs. I told him to wait there while I ask the dear VJ ladies. What have your SO's been getting for shots? I just want to make sure they are not ripping him off or even worse given him things that could make him very ill. I'm not a big person on vaccines so I am very weary. The doctor already told him if he doesnt get the Hep C shot today with the other 2 vaccines then he will have to wait 6 weeks to get it otherwise it will make him sick.

So now I am scared...please help. :crying:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Caribbean Island is on the main road in City Island - really good food. Another place I love is Footprints in Brooklyn - I have only eaten at the one in Coney Island, but there are two of them -

Gill, you are not wrong at all - it's not like you are single, have no kids, etc.... I would tell the guy that if he wants to pay for the babysitter, you will take her shopping!

We were at Coney Island the other day and I wanted to eat there but by the time, we were ready to eat, it was packed, 10pm on a Saturday was not the best time.

city island??!!! Another thing to put on the todo list.

Timeline

There is something with the MMR that if you had it prior to a certain date you need to have it again - I know that I needed to have it again when went to college. As for the Hep shot - Not sure if it is needed, but that is the protocol for the shots -

Timeline
Mawning Fam,

Bless,

Gill

not at all Gil.. wedding outfit shopping is not a piece of cake, it could take all day and they already sound pushy, what if she tells u she don't like nothing there and want to go somewhere else?? :blink: .. I DON'T LIKE SHOPPING personally and I would hate to be dragged around w/ someone that I don't even know..

That is a job for her sister, mother, best friend or heck her fiance if all else fails SHOOT!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Fam,

Bless,

Gill

You gave him the location of where to go, that was more than enough!!

I totally agree. Never agree to do something your heart is not into. It just cause resentment to fester. Just say NO!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
We were at Coney Island the other day and I wanted to eat there but by the time, we were ready to eat, it was packed, 10pm on a Saturday was not the best time.

My friends band plays there all the time - it's a nice place, although their bartender sucks - They have a really really good rasta pasta dish, and several other things - The other one is on Clarendon Ave.

Timeline
Mawning Fam,

Bless,

Gill

:rofl::rofl: mi sorry mi affi laugh

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Gill, that is so funny.

First off, I would yell at my husband for putting me in that prediciment. I hate when Andre hands me the phone and says, here, talk to so and so......people I don't know at all. Hate that.

I think you did plenty. They are just looking for someone to baby them. BS!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Mawning Fam,

Bless,

Gill

:rofl::rofl: mi sorry mi affi laugh

why you laughing, cause Gill turn personal shopper and she nah get no pay :dance:

My friends band plays there all the time - it's a nice place, although their bartender sucks - They have a really really good rasta pasta dish, and several other things - The other one is on Clarendon Ave.

I heard the one on Clarendon has a good bar scene on Wednesday nights, I will have to check it out or should I say we will have to check it out.

Timeline

Now u tell me..can u imagine mi a tek dis ooman gown shopping...yuh mussi mad..she go find a fren or something...1st of all by the time him woulda reach the phone mi hang up..cause mi no like it eida...so dat mean she no drive so GILLI babylove yuh affi go cheuffer are around :no:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
I heard the one on Clarendon has a good bar scene on Wednesday nights, I will have to check it out or should I say we will have to check it out.

I have heard the same - my friends play there too - They are really talented and fun - http://www.myspace.com/anthemband

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.