Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's funny. We have a boot camp here in Columbus, Ohio as well. I met someone over the weekend who gave me the info on it. I'm contemplating if I want to join it or not. I have a gym membership already but no motivation. I need to get my butt in gear so I will be ready for the big day. I've been so stressed out by this whole visa process I feel like i've gained 20lbs...

tymoore

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot:

I remember someone talking about skyaution.com before. how does this work. I went to the site and searched for airlines. There seems to be som many fees and surcharges that the minimum price for a flight from LAX to MBJ would be $550. That hardly sound like a deal to me. Is this correct. Can someone explain how this site works?

You have to read the fine print for each auction - each one has different fees included in it - Your total winning bid plus whatever fees, plus a one time $20 processing charge is what your final price is - I used it on my last trip to Negril, and just won an auction for Breezes in the Bahamas - The Breezes auction I won at $23 per night, plus a $34 per night tax - so it equals $57 per night total cost.

I have looked at some of the air auctions - they don't seem to be that great of a deal to me.

Have you ever tried farecompare.com? I like that site for searching flights, because I can play around with the dates and move them till I get what I want.

Man, I didnt even see the $20 fee! This site isn't that great for airfare. I'll look at fare compare. I like Cheapflights too, they show prices from all different "air-compare" sites so you know which one to look at. This airfare thing is getting so crazy. Hubby works for Delta, but has access into ALL other airlines databases so he can fare compare and offer customers the best rates and he said that EVERYBODY is much higher than he ever seen. :crying:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
That's funny. We have a boot camp here in Columbus, Ohio as well. I met someone over the weekend who gave me the info on it. I'm contemplating if I want to join it or not. I have a gym membership already but no motivation. I need to get my butt in gear so I will be ready for the big day. I've been so stressed out by this whole visa process I feel like i've gained 20lbs...

You aint the only one. I stepped on the scale this morning and it was the highest I ever seen in my life! I am actually happy with my size, but I could not believe it. I gained like 15 pounds since last Sept. That is huge for me. Now i just do yoga, but i need to add pilates back in so I can get real thick and tone.. :innocent:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Yardies, Just a little something to share. Hope everyone have a great and productive day.

Dear God:

Why didn't you save the school children at ?

Northern Illinois University

Virginia Tech

Amish Country, PA

Columbine High School

Moses Lake, Washington 2/2/96

Bethel , Alaska 2/19/97!

Pearl , Mississippi 10/1/97

West Paducah , Kentucky 12/1/97

Stam P, Arkansas 12/15/97

Jonesboro , Arkansas 3/24/98

Edinboro , Pennsylvania 4/24/98

Fayetteville , Tennessee 5/19/98

Springfield , Oregon 5/21/98

Richmond , Virginia 6/15/98

Littleton , Colorado 4/20/99

Taber , Alberta, Canada 5/28/99

Conyers , Georgia 5/20/99

Deming , New Mexico 11/19/99

Fort Gibson , Oklahoma 12/6/99

Santee , California 3/ 5/01 and

El Cajon , California 3/22/01?

Sincerely,

Concerned Student

-----------------------------------------------------

Reply:

Dear Concerned Student:

I am not allowed in schools.

Sincerely,

God

----------------------------------------------------------

How did this get started?...

-----------------

Let's see,

I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare complained

She didn't want any prayer in our schools.

And we said, OK...

------------------

Then,

Someone said you better not read the Bible in school,

The Bible that says

'Thou shalt! Not kill,

Thou shalt not steal,

And love your neighbors as yourself,'

And we said, OK...

-----------------

Dr. Benjamin Spock said

We shouldn't spank our children

when they misbehaved

because their little personalities

would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem.

And we said,

An expert should know what he's talking about.

So we won't spank them anymore...

------------------

Then someone said

Teachers and principals better not

Discipline our children when they misbehave.

And the school administrators said

No faculty member in this school

Better touch a student when they misbehave

Because we don't want any bad publicity,

And we surely don't want to be sued.

And we accepted their

Reasoning...

------------------

And the entertainment industry said,

let's make TV shows and movies that promote

Profanity, violence and illicit sex...

And let's record music that encourages

Rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes..

And we said,

it's just entertainment

And it has no adverse effect

And nobody takes it seriously anyway,

So go right ahead.

------------------

Now we're asking ourselves

Why our children have no conscience,

Why they don't know right from wrong,

And why it doesn't bother them to

Kill strangers, classmates or even themselves.

------------------

Undoubtedly,

If we thought about it long and hard enough,

We could figure it out.

I'm sure it has a great deal to do with...

'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW,'

Pass it on If you think it has merit!

But if you discard this thought process,

Then don't sit back and complain about

what bad shape this country is in!

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Morning Everyone!

Been about two weeks since I've been able to log on. Seems like it's becoming a pattern for me. I have to read to catch up.

I just wanted to let you know Dwayne had his medical. FYI make sure your SO takes their passport with them or they get turned away at Andrews Memorial. Dwayne had to go back and just made it back by the 12pm cut off time.

Him sey babe dem touch every part me body from head te toe den jooked me 4 times!! :rofl:

haha! :rofl: Me and my sister were just talking to our brothers about this. it amazes me how freaked out or surprised they can be sometimes when going for these physicals. But then I guess if your not used to that it could be very wierd. We were telling my brothers about get their prostate checked out cause you're supposed to start at 25. When we told them how they check it they thought it sounded like the craziest procedure ever. I was like...what u think we as women do every year?!! cho!!

So is it a man or woman who does the physical in Jamaica?

I know men can be the biggest babies and then try to be tough later. I was watching that show Dion and Phillar this weekend and he had to get the prostate exam. He tried to hide the lubricant and gloves. It was hysterical!!

Dwayne said men and women each did something for the exam. He was there from 12- 4 and went from station to station or room to room doing test. He was exhaused when he finally made it home about 8.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Just got out of the crazy traffic in D.C. what a mess. Why can't people just slow down. So, I decided to join my friend that's getting married while I'm in Jamaica for ther "BRIDAL BOOT CAMP"...mi rass! I must have been out of my damn mind. My friend lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks and toned. I lasted all of 10mins. I told one of the instructors to either kiss me of get out my face (with his fine self). The boot camp is run by an ex-marine couple. They've gotten so many request that they had to hire 6 more trainers...and they're making MAD money. When we got there they had women running in the rain. I can't feel my behind, my legs, my arms...DAMN...even my EYELASHES HURT...I know it's going to get worse by the morning. Gone to take a very hot bath and hit up the greygoose and cranberry juice. INSTRUCTOR had the nerve to ask if I was returning tomorrow...I answered him in PATWAH...u MUSAH MAD.

So Lawny! Tell me more about the bootcamp. Is everything done out side? Are you running and climbing ropes and crawling through mud and stuff like Marines?

It sounds exciting. I've been going to the gym 4-5 days a week for 2 months. I've only lost 10lbs. I'm so disappointed in myself. Don't know why it's so hard for me to lose. I'm eating right VegeTABLES and chicken and fish.

People are saying they can see a difference and I see it a little in some clothes but others I must have been squeezing this tail in dem ca me knoa see no difference!! :unsure:

I could do a bootcamp after work for sure!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So Lawny! Tell me more about the bootcamp. Is everything done out side? Are you running and climbing ropes and crawling through mud and stuff like Marines?

It sounds exciting. I've been going to the gym 4-5 days a week for 2 months. I've only lost 10lbs. I'm so disappointed in myself. Don't know why it's so hard for me to lose. I'm eating right VegeTABLES and chicken and fish.

People are saying they can see a difference and I see it a little in some clothes but others I must have been squeezing this tail in dem ca me knoa see no difference!! :unsure:

Try tracking your measurements, not the scale - When you go to the gym and work out hard, you build muscle which weighs more than fat - so you can appear to not be losing (and you technically aren't losing pounds) but you are losing inches because you are toning.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Try tracking your measurements, not the scale - When you go to the gym and work out hard, you build muscle which weighs more than fat - so you can appear to not be losing (and you technically aren't losing pounds) but you are losing inches because you are toning.

That's the thing I think I'm losing inches in places I don't measure. My pants have more room throughout the legs I want to be really small up top..I would love to have smaller 'girls'. I'm doing pushups and things like that to work the upper body. I keep telling myself it will really pay off in 6-8 months.

Filed: Timeline
Just got out of the crazy traffic in D.C. what a mess. Why can't people just slow down. So, I decided to join my friend that's getting married while I'm in Jamaica for ther "BRIDAL BOOT CAMP"...mi rass! I must have been out of my damn mind. My friend lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks and toned. I lasted all of 10mins. I told one of the instructors to either kiss me of get out my face (with his fine self). The boot camp is run by an ex-marine couple. They've gotten so many request that they had to hire 6 more trainers...and they're making MAD money. When we got there they had women running in the rain. I can't feel my behind, my legs, my arms...DAMN...even my EYELASHES HURT...I know it's going to get worse by the morning. Gone to take a very hot bath and hit up the greygoose and cranberry juice. INSTRUCTOR had the nerve to ask if I was returning tomorrow...I answered him in PATWAH...u MUSAH MAD.

Wakey;

They have you doing every DAMN thing under the sun. They have you crawling in the grass, hiking, climbing, jumping, kick...but you get quick and immediate results. My A$$ hurts so bad right now. The guy told me you have a nice shape...just need to tone it up a bit...mi afi tell im fi galang bout im business. They have different programs. They want women and men to love their bodies. They also believe that not every woman is met to be a size 6. So, a lot of his ladies are size 12 and up and they just want to tone up their arms and back to look good in their wedding dress. And girl...SQUATS...SQUATS got my ASSETS in check. They also tell women not to stress so much about what they're eating, because that will only back fire on you. You need to have fun. After the bootcamp work out they have a hiphop/salsa class. The very first time I did this program I thought I was going to die. And they do get all up in your FACE just like a BOOT CAMP yelling and screaming, so if you're not up to it...it won't work for you.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Wakey;

They have you doing every DAMN thing under the sun. They have you crawling in the grass, hiking, climbing, jumping, kick...but you get quick and immediate results. My A$$ hurts so bad right now. The guy told me you have a nice shape...just need to tone it up a bit...mi afi tell im fi galang bout im business. They have different programs. They want women and men to love their bodies. They also believe that not every woman is met to be a size 6. So, a lot of his ladies are size 12 and up and they just want to tone up their arms and back to look good in their wedding dress. And girl...SQUATS...SQUATS got my ASSETS in check. They also tell women not to stress so much about what they're eating, because that will only back fire on you. You need to have fun. After the bootcamp work out they have a hiphop/salsa class. The very first time I did this program I thought I was going to die. And they do get all up in your FACE just like a BOOT CAMP yelling and screaming, so if you're not up to it...it won't work for you.

I just checked one near me in Ga and it's 995 for 6 sessions and up. OMG..Can't afford that right now with all these fees for filing. I think I will stick with Gym for now. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wakey;

I just checked one near me in Ga and it's 995 for 6 sessions and up. OMG..Can't afford that right now with all these fees for filing. I think I will stick with Gym for now. :whistle:

I feel 'ya....that's a lot of money. I wanted to join a boot camp during the winter but I thought $400 plus my gym fees was just too much money. This one is only $149/month for 3 days a weeks. If you refer someone then you'll get half off the next month...if you refer 2 people then you get a month free....not bad. I already referred two people and Damien is paying the gym fee until the end of the summer.

I needed a break from the gym. Although I can't feel my legs after the boot camp...it's too much fun. Only 6 of us in a class. I love working out outside.

Good luck to you.

Timeline
Jengs mi love Sally food..best curry goat mi eva nyam

so if u ever come to brooklyn that is why we will go, so at least you and mr jengs can be happy :wacko:

used to be in Brooklyn often but mi girlfriend moved..but one a dem weekends fi sure...my cousin took me to Sallys

Sus...Caribbean Island ..never heard of it..the only Island place I know on City Island is Garielle's..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.