Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning Gill,

As I keep looking at your picture, I keep saying to myself I know you and your boys from somewhere. I live in the DC area, and it seems like I have met you before. Maybe we know some common people. I can't quite put my finger on it. Congratulations on your wedding.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Highly possible...my sister lives in DC...near the new convention center...Mt. Vernon Apartments on M st. She lived in Laurel, MD. before that! We go down about 3-5 times a year to visit! My favorite place to hang out is Arundel Mills Mall & Chinatown...although I have yet to find a good chinese restaurant there! :lol: I like D.C...but she LOVES it!!

She works for a non-profit a few blocks away from where she lives!

Bless,

Gill

Wok and Roll

604 H Street

I had the best General Tso's chicken I have ever had. Their sushi bar looked pretty interesting too....just not for me. The place looks like ####### from the outside; but was decent and big inside. Andre loved it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Jengs....funny about Red Lobster. Andre insisted we go there when he first got here. Said he saw commercials all the time and he just had to try it. I tried to warn him that since we live in Missouri, it isn't like we have easy access to fresh ocean fish. The first time, he loved it. The second time, he swears they tried to poison him. He refuses to go back. Luckily, he's hooked on catfish now, which is readily available as a fresh fish of Missouri.

jg.. i too was floored when I flew back in April, now FREE snacks, just a small rass cup of juice or soda, didn't even get to keep the can, they used it to give others their drinks!!!!!!!!!!

I almost asked "what happen to the complimentary pretzels?" , but I just opened up my box of dried cranberries.. CHO

Filed: Timeline
Good Morning Dear Lord;

Almighty God; I'll keep it short this morning. "peace be still"...Lord, what a week we had last week. Thanks for blessing us in the mist of turbulance. We love you lord. Lord, I pray that you continue to bless me, my family and my friend. I pray that you watch over my son and I was we travel to Jamaica this week. I pray that you deliver us safely and that you protect while we're traveling. Lord, out interview is June 24th...please watch over Marcel and I. Please deliver us safely to the embassy and guide us along the way. Please give us strength so that we'll say focus and get a through the interview. Also, please watch over Wakey...she will also be there. Please protect her and Dwayne and keep them safe and focused for their interview as well. Lord, I know emotions are running high as people are still waiting on interview dates from the Embassy in Jamaica, please guide the workers so that they can get things moving and that husbands can be with their wives and wives with their husbands. Lord, please protect those that are pregnant...please continue to bless them and delivery them safely. Well, my Lord, I was trying to keep it short, but we need your blessing each and everyday and so much is going on in each of our lifes. All these things I pray to you on bended knees, Dear God...AMEN...AMEN...AMEN

AMEN! Thank you for the lovely prayer again. You have a gift.

When do you fly out for JA?

I :angry: leave the 19th or is the 20th...I have to look. I've been doing so much that I'm getting the dates twisted. I called Air Jamaica to tell them that my son has a severe peanut allergy and to ask them to ask people not to eat any on the plane and they told me to make sure I get to the airport on time cuase the flight OVERBOOKED...wah di rass. I paid for my seats12 weeks ago...why the hell are you telling me that.

they offered to do that,

just be glad you got the heads up and get their early!!

Jengs....funny about Red Lobster. Andre insisted we go there when he first got here. Said he saw commercials all the time and he just had to try it. I tried to warn him that since we live in Missouri, it isn't like we have easy access to fresh ocean fish. The first time, he loved it. The second time, he swears they tried to poison him. He refuses to go back. Luckily, he's hooked on catfish now, which is readily available as a fresh fish of Missouri.

:rofl::rofl:

Island; Marcel had to pay, but it was not expensive at all. Like $1000/Jamaican.

JENGS; just I always ask before I fly. almost all the airlines comply, only british airlines said not, but when I threatened to go with Virgin Atlantic they changed their minds. They just make the announcement before take off. Majority of people are understanding, but I travel with an EPI pin just in case and benadryl, which they tried to take from me and I was like "DO YOU WANT TO BE REPOSNIBLE FOR MY SON DYING ON A FLIGHT"...because of an allergy attack. Now, I just pour the benadryl in a smaller container. I just don't want a fuss.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
the lawyer's office did not make a copy of the file, and in the computer there is no record of the Decree Nisi being granted, mind u the case was heard on 1/7/08 and what point should the lawyers office say hey whatever happened to that case. let's follow up. and hear the joke, the lawyer's office want's the court to send them a letter stating that they lost the file. :whistle::whistle::crying:

Okay, now I would be FLIPPING - If the case was heard, there should be a transcript or judge's notes confirming what happened - That lawyer better get their butts to the courthouse and find it - I would be getting my fees back. The lawyer should have copies of everything - no excuse for them not having it.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
the lawyer's office did not make a copy of the file, and in the computer there is no record of the Decree Nisi being granted, mind u the case was heard on 1/7/08 and what point should the lawyers office say hey whatever happened to that case. let's follow up. and hear the joke, the lawyer's office want's the court to send them a letter stating that they lost the file. :whistle::whistle::crying:

Okay, now I would be FLIPPING - If the case was heard, there should be a transcript or judge's notes confirming what happened - That lawyer better get their butts to the courthouse and find it - I would be getting my fees back. The lawyer should have copies of everything - no excuse for them not having it.

I know it's too late now; but, now I KNOW why I always get copies of everything. I don't care if I am bugging someone or not, I am not leaving till I get a copy of anything and everything. I've been burned way too much in the past. It's a habit now.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

I know it's too late now; but, now I KNOW why I always get copies of everything. I don't care if I am bugging someone or not, I am not leaving till I get a copy of anything and everything. I've been burned way too much in the past. It's a habit now.

Have always been that way. You have no idea how many times a printed e-mail that I kept in my "DUMB A$$ CERTIFICATE OF DAY" file at work.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy MOnday everyone! Thank you all so much for the kind words and well wishes! You all are so thoughtful!

I am up early as usual and Louis is still sleeping. He likes my bed so much he may not get out for a while. Pillow top with down comforter.. He gets swallowed up! LOL And he has been so cold!!

My daughter has afternoon Kindergarten and she cannot wait for school today. She usually takes a bus to see all her friends but Louis and I have to driver her today... She has to show Louis off!! Oh it will be funny... he is rather "Exotic" in this town... OOOHHHH Yesterday I saw so many girls staring at him and I was all proud!! HAHAH!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and thank you all again!

:-)

Irie

haha, oh boy...you got something on your hands there..haha. Congrats my girl. I'm so happy that he is finally here. You three look like such a beautiful famliy. I love the vibes!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

just got off the phone, they lawyer said they have copies, his staff said they didn't have copies, he wants a copy of the wedding contract so he can expedite the process. He also said it was strange that the court lost the case. Kingston was trying to find the court reporter to try and find out the results of the hearing. :whistle::whistle: while we are not sure what happened. I have tickets booked and hotel pon order. so there better be a phocking wedding. Not to mention what other's have invested in this event.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Morning Everyone!

Been about two weeks since I've been able to log on. Seems like it's becoming a pattern for me. I have to read to catch up.

I just wanted to let you know Dwayne had his medical. FYI make sure your SO takes their passport with them or they get turned away at Andrews Memorial. Dwayne had to go back and just made it back by the 12pm cut off time.

Him sey babe dem touch every part me body from head te toe den jooked me 4 times!! :rofl:

haha! :rofl: Me and my sister were just talking to our brothers about this. it amazes me how freaked out or surprised they can be sometimes when going for these physicals. But then I guess if your not used to that it could be very wierd. We were telling my brothers about get their prostate checked out cause you're supposed to start at 25. When we told them how they check it they thought it sounded like the craziest procedure ever. I was like...what u think we as women do every year?!! cho!!

So is it a man or woman who does the physical in Jamaica?

Timeline
Hey JG,

I just wanted to let you know that I made the pilgrimage to the Lush shop at the Mall of America this weekend. I had so much fun trying whatever products I could and chatting with the salespeople. They really seem to like their jobs, and the company and the products.

I tried the bar shampoo this morning and my hair smells great!

I am so glad you talked about the store and such. I might need to get a part time job there to support my new habit. :innocent:

I LOVE LUSH PRODUCTS since I've been introducted to them. They're vegetable bar does wonders to my skin. I've not used lotion in a week. going to get some more. I told my SO if he touches it I'll break his rass hands.

Ha......good luck with that. I walked into the bathroom last week and Andre said hand me the sea salt. I said, yah, about that...how much have you been using on your face? He said on my face? I use it all over my body, every other day. I was like WHAT? That is for your face, maybe hands and feet from time to time. Even on my discount, too expensive to use all over the body all the time. No wonder it kept disappearing.

I actually hide some of my stash so he doesn't use it all!

:rofl: OK, this is funny. When I first read it, I think i said the word "yah" in my head different than how you meant it, so I thought it was patois. I was like a wah, JG cum fi chat patois?!! Wooiee kiss mi neck!! I just had to comment on that one. :luv:

Timeline

haha!!! Why my husband stay same weh?!! He talks about all these commercials he see and places he want to go...I tell him turn off di rass television!! :angry::wacko:

We just had a fish fry for fathers day....tons of crab, shrimp and catfish. I'm sitting there thinking...Lawd what Evan gonna do with all this food? The bwoy cyan nyam suh!!

Timeline
Morning Everyone!

Been about two weeks since I've been able to log on. Seems like it's becoming a pattern for me. I have to read to catch up.

I just wanted to let you know Dwayne had his medical. FYI make sure your SO takes their passport with them or they get turned away at Andrews Memorial. Dwayne had to go back and just made it back by the 12pm cut off time.

Him sey babe dem touch every part me body from head te toe den jooked me 4 times!! :rofl:

haha! :rofl: Me and my sister were just talking to our brothers about this. it amazes me how freaked out or surprised they can be sometimes when going for these physicals. But then I guess if your not used to that it could be very wierd. We were telling my brothers about get their prostate checked out cause you're supposed to start at 25. When we told them how they check it they thought it sounded like the craziest procedure ever. I was like...what u think we as women do every year?!! cho!!

So is it a man or woman who does the physical in Jamaica?

Either/or Marlita. Andre had a woman. Some have reported a man. Depends on where you go and what doctor is on duty, I suppose.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Hey yall. I'm back from JA, and I do NOT want to be here! :crying::crying: Negril was great, I would definitely go back. It was so good to be with my husband...I'm telling you, sometimes my departures are ok, and other times, it's like, "How do I keep doing this?" For those with upcoming trips, GOOD LUCK!! I know things will be great! I gotta go pick up my puppy from the pet hotel, so I'll check back in later!! Loved and missed yall!!

Tamisha

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Where can I find a list of vaccinations required for the K-1 filing?

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.