Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Cat i still remember that night too..except my MIL was there :bonk:

hahaha,

congrats Iriecat on his homecomingl

so I take mr jengles out for father's day and he has to quiz the waiter on the fish, to make sure it's a whole-a fish. He is very picky when it comes to food, the two of us went out friday night and my man got ribs with the barbecue sauce on the side. and of course today he had to tell the waiter he wanted the fish with jamaican pepper. but I love him and today at the restaurant i'm thinking him and my grandmother are the two hardest people to please when it comes to food, my man actually opened his mouth and said how my grandmother was the hardest person he knows to please when it comes to food. I had to tell him about himself.

Kimmy,

did u invite the MIL to the baby shower :devil::devil:

Jengy,

When I read this I HAD to laugh! I took Ken, my Dad and the boys out to dinner last night and it took Ken 30 minutes to order the dyam fish. Every fish pon the menu he asked ..."Ah deh whole fish yuh ave...or deh likkle fancy fancy filet piece piece dem?" He finally decided on flounder stuffed with crabmeat. Mi seh deh man tek an HOUR feh eat 1 piece of deh dyam ting!! "Gill, hit jus doan feel right eating fish without tail and head!!" Then he finally tastes it and is like ..."Bwoy onnuh freshwater fish different from our sea fish!" I was finally like "Yuh waan tuh send hit back han order a steak or chicken?" "Nuh suh, yuh doan knoa seh mi nah eat nuh U.S. beef han mi tiyad ah chicken!"

Suh yuh doan knoa mi arready..."Suh Dhhhharling....Hush hup han nyam yuh fancy fancy fish...suh wi cyan get outta here!" :D

I just kept repeating what the pastor emphasized at our wedding..."Love is Patient...Love is Patient...LOVE IS BLOODCLAAT PATIENT!!!!" :lol:

Mawning Fam,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Dear Lord;

Almighty God; I'll keep it short this morning. "peace be still"...Lord, what a week we had last week. Thanks for blessing us in the mist of turbulance. We love you lord. Lord, I pray that you continue to bless me, my family and my friend. I pray that you watch over my son and I was we travel to Jamaica this week. I pray that you deliver us safely and that you protect while we're traveling. Lord, out interview is June 24th...please watch over Marcel and I. Please deliver us safely to the embassy and guide us along the way. Please give us strength so that we'll say focus and get a through the interview. Also, please watch over Wakey...she will also be there. Please protect her and Dwayne and keep them safe and focused for their interview as well. Lord, I know emotions are running high as people are still waiting on interview dates from the Embassy in Jamaica, please guide the workers so that they can get things moving and that husbands can be with their wives and wives with their husbands. Lord, please protect those that are pregnant...please continue to bless them and delivery them safely. Well, my Lord, I was trying to keep it short, but we need your blessing each and everyday and so much is going on in each of our lifes. All these things I pray to you on bended knees, Dear God...AMEN...AMEN...AMEN

Amen and Amen

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
The Jomo's with the lovely Trelawny........

20080616084827253_0001.jpg

And, so all of you quit worrying....I am keeping an eye on Tre to make sure she quits pulling out those eyelashes........

20080616084827253_0002.jpg

Ahhhh ...thanks for sharing JG!! You guys looked like yuh had a good time! Special thanks for the yeye-lash photo! Looks like they are coming along just fine Lawny!!

Bless,

Gill

Good Morning Dear Lord;

Almighty God; I'll keep it short this morning. "peace be still"...Lord, what a week we had last week. Thanks for blessing us in the mist of turbulance. We love you lord. Lord, I pray that you continue to bless me, my family and my friend. I pray that you watch over my son and I was we travel to Jamaica this week. I pray that you deliver us safely and that you protect while we're traveling. Lord, out interview is June 24th...please watch over Marcel and I. Please deliver us safely to the embassy and guide us along the way. Please give us strength so that we'll say focus and get a through the interview. Also, please watch over Wakey...she will also be there. Please protect her and Dwayne and keep them safe and focused for their interview as well. Lord, I know emotions are running high as people are still waiting on interview dates from the Embassy in Jamaica, please guide the workers so that they can get things moving and that husbands can be with their wives and wives with their husbands. Lord, please protect those that are pregnant...please continue to bless them and delivery them safely. Well, my Lord, I was trying to keep it short, but we need your blessing each and everyday and so much is going on in each of our lifes. All these things I pray to you on bended knees, Dear God...AMEN...AMEN...AMEN

Amen and Amen

Amen Sistrens...AMEN!!! Go with G-d and walk good!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Hey Gilli dawta..tings good..mora is good...did i tell u she is sleeping thru the nite w/o wetting the bed :dance: we went from me praying for her to get out of oull ups to not even at nite...i'm happy..I'm still taking classes...2 in the summer..why not

I'm sooo happy for yah Gilli..

That's wonderful Kimmy!

yea girl tell me about it..how's hubby doing ?

Dave's doing good....got the SS# last Friday so things are moving along. He's applying for jobs this week so we'll keep our fingers crossed. Two friends of my mom offered to let him work with them till he gets on his feet so i'll keep ya posted. :)

Tonya! Congratulations on getting the SS#. How do you do that? Can I file as soon as Dwayne gets here?

Thanks

Wakey

Yes Chica. Ken and I went to the SS office the day after he got here. They said it would take 3-4 weeks cause they had to verify with USCIS that he was eligible to work in US. Ken got his SSN in 2 weeks! CONGRATS TONYA AND DAVE!!!

Good luck in JA ...U WILL BE FINE!!!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Dear Lord;

AMEN! Thank you for the lovely prayer again. You have a gift.

When do you fly out for JA?

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Timeline
Do you leave tomorrow for JA?

Don't you let them worry you none. They always do that to me here too. I say the same thing....I'll do what I can. The rest will have to wait. Ironically, the business did not actually close when I left. They managed to figure it out somehow.

I leave on Thursday have to finish pack. My son keep throwing things in the suitcase. Marcel will be surprised. He thinks I'm coming by myself. He's been begging for me to bring my son the next time I visit so I told him, I can't because fares are so high. I can't wait to see the look on his face.

so your son is going?? good, im glad ex couldn't stop anything. this will be such a nice trip for all of you..YAYYYY

Timeline
Hey Gilli dawta..tings good..mora is good...did i tell u she is sleeping thru the nite w/o wetting the bed :dance: we went from me praying for her to get out of oull ups to not even at nite...i'm happy..I'm still taking classes...2 in the summer..why not

I'm sooo happy for yah Gilli..

That's wonderful Kimmy!

yea girl tell me about it..how's hubby doing ?

Dave's doing good....got the SS# last Friday so things are moving along. He's applying for jobs this week so we'll keep our fingers crossed. Two friends of my mom offered to let him work with them till he gets on his feet so i'll keep ya posted. :)

Tonya! Congratulations on getting the SS#. How do you do that? Can I file as soon as Dwayne gets here?

Thanks

Wakey

Yes Chica. Ken and I went to the SS office the day after he got here. They said it would take 3-4 weeks cause they had to verify with USCIS that he was eligible to work in US. Ken got his SSN in 2 weeks! CONGRATS TONYA AND DAVE!!!

Good luck in JA ...U WILL BE FINE!!!

Bless,

Gill

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hahaha,

so I take mr jengles out for father's day and he has to quiz the waiter on the fish, to make sure it's a whole-a fish. He is very picky when it comes to food, the two of us went out friday night and my man got ribs with the barbecue sauce on the side. and of course today he had to tell the waiter he wanted the fish with jamaican pepper. but I love him and today at the restaurant i'm thinking him and my grandmother are the two hardest people to please when it comes to food, my man actually opened his mouth and said how my grandmother was the hardest person he knows to please when it comes to food. I had to tell him about himself.

Kimmy,

Jengy,

When I read this I HAD to laugh! I took Ken, my Dad and the boys out to dinner last night and it took Ken 30 minutes to order the dyam fish. Every fish pon the menu he asked ..."Ah deh whole fish yuh ave...or deh likkle fancy fancy filet piece piece dem?" He finally decided on flounder stuffed with crabmeat. Mi seh deh man tek an HOUR feh eat 1 piece of deh dyam ting!! "Gill, hit jus doan feel right eating fish without tail and head!!" Then he finally tastes it and is like ..."Bwoy onnuh freshwater fish different from our sea fish!" I was finally like "Yuh waan tuh send hit back han order a steak or chicken?" "Nuh suh, yuh doan knoa seh mi nah eat nuh U.S. beef han mi tiyad ah chicken!"

Suh yuh doan knoa mi arready..."Suh Dhhhharling....Hush hup han nyam yuh fancy fancy fish...suh wi cyan get outta here!" :D

I just kept repeating what the pastor emphasized at our wedding..."Love is Patient...Love is Patient...LOVE IS BLOODCLAAT PATIENT!!!!" :lol:

Mawning Fam,

Gill

DWL, I won't get into how we had ordered fish before at one next place and they came out with a fish fillet, mr jengles was vex!!!! and he nuh into the U.S. beef either, my man complaining that the beef had no "gristle"

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

hahaha,

Kimmy,

Jengy,

Mawning Fam,

Gill

Good morning Gill,

As I keep looking at your picture, I keep saying to myself I know you and your boys from somewhere. I live in the DC area, and it seems like I have met you before. Maybe we know some common people. I can't quite put my finger on it. Congratulations on your wedding.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Timeline

hahaha,

Kimmy,

Jengy,

Mawning Fam,

Gill

DWL, I won't get into how we had ordered fish before at one next place and they came out with a fish fillet, mr jengles was vex!!!! and he nuh into the U.S. beef either, my man complaining that the beef had no "gristle" we went to Sally's in Brooklyn, he said its the only place where he enjoyed the food, of course it is a jamaican restaurant, and he don't like most jerk chicken we see either, he claims its all burnt chicken dem a try sell di people dem.

Do you leave tomorrow for JA?

Don't you let them worry you none. They always do that to me here too. I say the same thing....I'll do what I can. The rest will have to wait. Ironically, the business did not actually close when I left. They managed to figure it out somehow.

I leave on Thursday have to finish pack. My son keep throwing things in the suitcase. Marcel will be surprised. He thinks I'm coming by myself. He's been begging for me to bring my son the next time I visit so I told him, I can't because fares are so high. I can't wait to see the look on his face.

so your son is going?? good, im glad ex couldn't stop anything. this will be such a nice trip for all of you..YAYYYY

I just got that!!!! You got his passsport!!! Good for you!!

Timeline

Help - So the Supreme Court in Kingston has managed to lose a divorce file for six months, the divorce should have been final three months ago. When we call we get "no man di case no lost, mi just don't know who have it" does anyone have any advice on what to do. We are getting this from court and the lawyer's office. Now there is a wedding scheduled in two and a half months that might not happen. The court told me to have the lawyer go to the court to inquire about the file. I don't this is necessary as both parties the lawyers office and the court no the file is lost. Everyone is so hands off its not even funny.

Timeline

hahaha,

Kimmy,

Jengy,

Mawning Fam,

Gill

DWL, I won't get into how we had ordered fish before at one next place and they came out with a fish fillet, mr jengles was vex!!!! and he nuh into the U.S. beef either, my man complaining that the beef had no "gristle"

I read all of this and Thank God that DJ is not that picky! I took him to Kuyaba when we were in Negril, and he had the snapper fillet - kept raving about how good it was, and not a comment about it not having a head and tail!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Help - So the Supreme Court in Kingston has managed to lose a divorce file for six months, the divorce should have been final three months ago. When we call we get "no man di case no lost, mi just don't know who have it" does anyone have any advice on what to do. We are getting this from court and the lawyer's office. Now there is a wedding scheduled in two and a half months that might not happen. The court told me to have the lawyer go to the court to inquire about the file. I don't this is necessary as both parties the lawyers office and the court no the file is lost. Everyone is so hands off its not even funny.

Sorry to hear that - Here is a link to the Supreme Court website:

http://www.sc.gov.jm/

The lawyers should have copies of everything to date - can't they take it to the court and re-create the file? It seems like they should be able to go back to one of the judges who signed the Decree and get it expedited. They have to sign a Decree Nisi first, then 6 weeks later that can become final in a Decree Absolute.

(I have been spending ALOT of time researching this issue :whistle: )

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

I was going to say doesn't someone have copies of the file somewhere too.

I have to agree on the glad my husband is not so picky part. Andre will eat pretty much anything that doesn't have a whole lot of sauce on it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Hey JG,

I just wanted to let you know that I made the pilgrimage to the Lush shop at the Mall of America this weekend. I had so much fun trying whatever products I could and chatting with the salespeople. They really seem to like their jobs, and the company and the products.

I tried the bar shampoo this morning and my hair smells great!

I am so glad you talked about the store and such. I might need to get a part time job there to support my new habit. :innocent:

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.