Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Now, don't ya'll start crying. I'm going to pick up my nephews ashes at the funeral home. I'll be on later. Pray that I get past this. I told my sister I'll handle it.

Lawny, I just saw your post about your sister. I understand the pain she is in. My prayers go out to her and your family.

wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The Jomo's with the lovely Trelawny........

20080616084827253_0001.jpg

And, so all of you quit worrying....I am keeping an eye on Tre to make sure she quits pulling out those eyelashes........

20080616084827253_0002.jpg

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey Gilli dawta..tings good..mora is good...did i tell u she is sleeping thru the nite w/o wetting the bed :dance: we went from me praying for her to get out of oull ups to not even at nite...i'm happy..I'm still taking classes...2 in the summer..why not

I'm sooo happy for yah Gilli..

That's wonderful Kimmy!

yea girl tell me about it..how's hubby doing ?

Dave's doing good....got the SS# last Friday so things are moving along. He's applying for jobs this week so we'll keep our fingers crossed. Two friends of my mom offered to let him work with them till he gets on his feet so i'll keep ya posted. :)

Tonya! Congratulations on getting the SS#. How do you do that? Can I file as soon as Dwayne gets here?

Thanks

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Filed: Timeline
The Jomo's with the lovely Trelawny........

20080616084827253_0001.jpg

And, so all of you quit worrying....I am keeping an eye on Tre to make sure she quits pulling out those eyelashes........

20080616084827253_0002.jpg

DWLLLLLLLLLLL.........JG....thanks...that made my day. And yes, I still have some eyelashes left.

JG and Andre are wonderful.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Morning Everyone!

Been about two weeks since I've been able to log on. Seems like it's becoming a pattern for me. I have to read to catch up.

I just wanted to let you know Dwayne had his medical. FYI make sure your SO takes their passport with them or they get turned away at Andrews Memorial. Dwayne had to go back and just made it back by the 12pm cut off time.

Him sey babe dem touch every part me body from head te toe den jooked me 4 times!! :rofl:

DWLLLLLLLL Sorry, WAKEY...I had to laugh at that too funny. Marcel had his medical last Monday and he's going to pick up his results on Wednesday. You have to take your passport or they won't see you. That's your proof of who you are. Marcel said, those people who didn't have had to rescuhedule. He's lucky they let him come back. Marcel said the nurse left him in the room naked came back in told him to stand up and then kept looking at him (while he was naked) :angry: He said he wanted to tell her two badwords. When the doctor came in he was like...why are you in here naked and he said the nurse tell im fi tek aff everyting and she no give mi nutin fi put on

LOL..Same thing with Dwayne good thing he went very early cause he was on the bus and made it back at 1145. He left at 330 in the morning for the first time. he called and said why didn't you tell me I needed my passport. I said I didn't know.

He said the nurse was moving his 'mister' back and forth looking at it. He told 'be careful wi dat!' :rofl: I think it dem wey to humiliate Rass people dem!

Timeline

You okay today, Tre? What's troubling you, girl?

Here is something I found pretty interesting today.....

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2...TOIS_BIBLE_.asp

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

You okay today, Tre? What's troubling you, girl?

Here is something I found pretty interesting today.....

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2...TOIS_BIBLE_.asp

People at work girl. They knew from I was leaving from 2 months ago :angry: so, now they trying to drive me to the NUT house saying they need this and that...so I told them I don't have 8 arms or 8 legs and that my cut off is 12 noon today. So tough ***t. :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Do you leave tomorrow for JA?

Don't you let them worry you none. They always do that to me here too. I say the same thing....I'll do what I can. The rest will have to wait. Ironically, the business did not actually close when I left. They managed to figure it out somehow.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Don't you let them worry you none. They always do that to me here too. I say the same thing....I'll do what I can. The rest will have to wait. Ironically, the business did not actually close when I left. They managed to figure it out somehow.

I leave on Thursday have to finish pack. My son keep throwing things in the suitcase. Marcel will be surprised. He thinks I'm coming by myself. He's been begging for me to bring my son the next time I visit so I told him, I can't because fares are so high. I can't wait to see the look on his face.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Mawnin Islandwoman...you send the thing off yet to Kingston?

Sus; any word on the baby?

Lawny - Maybe I should give you my SO's # - LOL!!! :wacko: I sent an e-mail last night trying to get an appointment to drop it off, hopefully this week. We spent ALOT of time on the phone this weekend and got things straightened out. Thank God Digicel has that international calling program!!!

You packed yet?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

I leave on Thursday have to finish pack. My son keep throwing things in the suitcase. Marcel will be surprised. He thinks I'm coming by myself. He's been begging for me to bring my son the next time I visit so I told him, I can't because fares are so high. I can't wait to see the look on his face.

That poor man must have a strong heart -- you keep pulling the wool over his eyes!! One day, he'll get you back. :devil:

CVS Pharmacy is running their BOGO free on Sprint International cards this week.

Jomo, great pics! Glad to see that Lawny still has her lashes - Gotta look pretty for the interview!

Thanks for the heads up Sus, I missed that when I thumbed through the flyer!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Good Morning! (It's 3am!)... Louis is here! YAY! We just got in about 15 minutes ago. I had to pick him up in NH which is about 2 hours away. ...anyway.... he said everyone was so nice to him and immigration was a breeze! Wahooooooo!

Ok off to bed.

Everyone have a WONDERFUL Sunday.

:-) happy happy Cat

know I am late, but had to say how happy I am for you.. What an unbelieveable feeling to have him there for GOOD after all this time. WOW

Timeline

Good Morning Yardies. Hope everyone have a great and productive Day.

Much love

Claire

Mean Moms & Grandmas

Someday when my children are old enough to

understand the logic that motivates a parent, I will tell them,

as my Mean ole Mom told me:

I loved you enough...

to ask where you were going, with whom,

and what time you would be home.

I loved you enough to be silent and let you

discover that your new best friend was a creep.

I loved you enough to stand over you for two hours while you cleaned your room, a job that should have taken 15 minutes.

I loved you enough to let you see anger,

disappointment, and tears in my eyes. Children must learn that their parents aren't perfect.

I loved you enough to let you assume the

responsibility for your actions even when the

penalties were so harsh they almost broke my heart.

But most of all, I loved you enough...to say

NO when I knew you would hate me for it.

Those were the most difficult battles of all. I'm

glad I won them, because in the end you won, too.

And someday when your children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates parents, you will tell them.

Was your Mom mean? I know mine was. We had the meanest mother in the whole world!

While other kids ate candy for breakfast, we

had to have cereal, eggs, and toast.

When others had a Pepsi and a Twinkie for lunch,

we had to eat sandwiches.

And you can guess our mother fixed us a dinner that was

different from what other kids had, too.

Mother insisted on knowing where we were at all

times. You'd think we were convicts in a prison. She

had to know who our friends were, and what we were

doing with them. She insisted that if we said we

would be gone for an hour, we would be gone for an hour or less.

We were ashamed to admit it, but she had the nerve

to break the Child Labor Laws by making us work. We had to wash the dishes,

make the beds, learn tocook, vacuum the floor, do laundry, empty the trash

and all sorts of cruel jobs. I think she would lie

awake at night thinking of more things for us to do.

She always! insist ed on us telling the truth, the

whole truth, and nothing but the truth. By the time

we were teenagers, she could read our minds and had

eyes in the back of her head. Then, life was really tough!

Mother wouldn't let our friends just honk the horn

when they drove up. They had to come up to the door

so she could meet them. While everyone else could

date when they were 12 or 13, we had to wait until we were 16

Because of our mother we missed out on lots of

things other kids experienced. None of us have ever

been caught shoplifting, vandalizing other's

property or ever arrested for any crime. It was all her fault.

Now that we have left home, we are all educated,

honest adults. We are doing our best to be mean

parents just like Mom was.

I think that is what's wrong with the world today.

It just doesn't have enough mean moms!

PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE MEAN MOTHERS YOU KNOW.

(And Their Kids!)

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.