Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sounds interesting....baking a cake with diet soda. I make mine with apple sauce in place of the oil.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers ladies. I am trying to manage for the sake of my baby but this is the most difficult time of my life. I most likely lost the love of my life and it is all my fault. Please continue to keep me in your prayers.

Oh, hell no.....don't you even go there, playing that blame game. It takes two to tango in every situation. Nothing it ALL your fault. Please don't think that.

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I have to tell you ladies....I have been in a pissy mood all day long. My day started with a run in a sudden downpour, continued with a horrible trip to the vet, went downhill from there, and will probably end with me drinking. Everything someone did or said today just set me off.....husband, kids, the dog, the cat..... I could not shake the feeling no matter what. Then, I came on here and read all the sorrows (I needed that banana tree story today), the kind words, and the prayers, and I snapped right out of it. Thank you to all of you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
she mussi WELL ugly and waa look like di girl suh she tief pics...

hey yardies..

on the cr1 filing is it true that u don't have to adjust status cuz they enter as a permanent residence.. the AOS is the $1000 fee right?? so are there any fees to lift conditions which I think everybody has to do right (k1, k3, cr1) k3 still have the AOS just like K!??

also anybody know people that have traveled w/ a b2 visa while waiting on a Cr1 or any other visa to be approved.. just reading stuff and trying to make sure I understand.. I know these questions have been posed 100 times..sorry..

As CR1 you don't need to file the AOS of $1010. The AOS fee includes EAD, AP and AOS. As a CR1 you already have those things. Yes after 2 years we all have to lift conditions which is around $550 or so.

Also once you get a K visa or other immigrant visa you have to surrender your B2. Correct me anyone if I am wrong....but this is what I thought I heard cause you are essentially adjusting from one visa to another...cant have two different ones.

thanks!!!.. what is a good estimate for CR1 fees??? on the B2, I am good w/ surrendering once the visa is approved, I was just wondering would immigration try to do it b4 simply becuz of the marriage? it would excellent if the spouse could still travel to the US while the process is pending.

You can still travel while your CR1 is pending. I know Trulo and Cief not to mention MANY other Vj'rs did it. They take it at the interview. The fees are

$355 for I-130

$70 for AOS fee(Avidavit of Support)

$400 for IV fee.

Other fees are your medical,certificates, deliveries, etc...but everybody has these and they change all the time.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

hey yardies..

on the cr1 filing is it true that u don't have to adjust status cuz they enter as a permanent residence.. the AOS is the $1000 fee right?? so are there any fees to lift conditions which I think everybody has to do right (k1, k3, cr1) k3 still have the AOS just like K!??

also anybody know people that have traveled w/ a b2 visa while waiting on a Cr1 or any other visa to be approved.. just reading stuff and trying to make sure I understand.. I know these questions have been posed 100 times..sorry..

As CR1 you don't need to file the AOS of $1010. The AOS fee includes EAD, AP and AOS. As a CR1 you already have those things. Yes after 2 years we all have to lift conditions which is around $550 or so.

Also once you get a K visa or other immigrant visa you have to surrender your B2. Correct me anyone if I am wrong....but this is what I thought I heard cause you are essentially adjusting from one visa to another...cant have two different ones.

thanks!!!.. what is a good estimate for CR1 fees??? on the B2, I am good w/ surrendering once the visa is approved, I was just wondering would immigration try to do it b4 simply becuz of the marriage? it would excellent if the spouse could still travel to the US while the process is pending.

You can still travel while your CR1 is pending. I know Trulo and Cief not to mention MANY other Vj'rs did it. They take it at the interview. The fees are

$355 for I-130

$400 for IV fee.

Other fees are your medical,certificates, deliveries, etc...but everybody has these and they change all the time.

So is a CR1 visa less expensive to file than a K1 visa when you add up all the fees?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey yardies..

$355 for I-130

$400 for IV fee.

So is a CR1 visa less expensive to file than a K1 visa when you add up all the fees?

well, in the long run yes CR1 is because with K1 and K3 you will have to file AOS (adjustment of status) later which is $1010. So the K visas can get very expensive. i'd say that by the time you get a 10 year green card....CR1 is about 500-600 less than k visas...but if you get a IR1 visa...well you hit the motherload cause thats the cheapest.

Edited by Marlita

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers ladies. I am trying to manage for the sake of my baby but this is the most difficult time of my life. I most likely lost the love of my life and it is all my fault. Please continue to keep me in your prayers.

Let me tell you something..You do not lose the 'love of your life' because of one mistake or two. I do not know anything about you or him, but know this, if he was truly the person you were meant to be with, you could not lose him just like that......I hope and pray I'm wrong, but I hope he's not playing games with you....

My prayers are with you....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Let me tell you something..You do not lose the 'love of your life' because of one mistake or two. I do not know anything about you or him, but know this, if he was truly the person you were meant to be with, you could not lose him just like that......I hope and pray I'm wrong, but I hope he's not playing games with you....

:ot:

Ja -- your baby is tooooooooo cute! Such a little pumpkin!!!

Timeline

Awww sweetie I am so sorry. I know I don't know what happened but my prayers are with you. I think if he is your true love you will find a solution to this. Relationships are hard and even harder when your hormones are going crazy from being pregnant.

Edited by classychic77

Timeline
OMG....I am so sorry to hear this. How long have they been missing?

Sending prayers your way.

Thanks, JG - she came and took him from school on Monday - after over 3 years of not calling, seeing him, nothing - Just took him, didn't tell anyone, didn't take any of his belongings, toys, his stuffed dog that he sleeps with every night, nothing - If I met her face to face right now I think one of us would be locked up!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Ditto to what JAEng says - Mich, it's not your fault - it takes two to make a relationship, and everyone makes mistakes - if he is truly the love of your life and it is meant to be, it will be. You need to focus on yourself and your baby right now, that life growing inside you is what matters most - Take time to breathe and take care of you. Don't try to place blame, it won't solve anything. If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me -

Timeline

Awesome Sus! That is something to look forward to. I need to check that site out.

$ 57/night WHAT.. Skyauction here I come WOW!!! :thumbs:

Is the $57/night all-inclusive? Even if it isn't that is one heck of a deal!

It's $57 per person - so $114 total all inclusive - Since I was pricing the resort, and it came back at $1140 total for 4 nights, it definitely is a bargain! I am waiting for confirmation that my dates are available, but I am dying here - I just got off the phone with DJ and he was asking when I was coming back - I kept telling him I don't know, airfare is expensive,..... I am trying to do this for his birthday for us to spend a long weekend together and surprise him - I am going to book his flights and mail him a brochure on the place, then email or overnight him the itinerary :devil:

Timeline
hi ladies,

I just want to say thanks for being so helpful throughout this process. I really appreciate the advice I have received here.

But it seems my journey is ending... I am devastated. I don't know what I am going to do. I was in the hospital last night from bad false contractions.

Thanks again for your help. Good luck to you on the rest of your process.

Michelle

Mommy, I tried to message you, but your messenger is off.

Can I just say that if you need someone to talk to, please feel free to message me day or night...been there done that with being pregnant and having MAJOR relationship difficulties....Was the hardest thing I've ever been through....

I pray you remain strong for YOU and your baby...

yup....and in the end it makes you a MUCH MUCH stronger person!!!!

i'm here if you need to chat!

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mommy2b,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I was tracking your journey along with my own since we filed so close together. Please give this some thought and be sure your making the right decision. I'll be pulling for you, that you'll come back to us and say that things have worked out and that your going with it. Link me in PM if you wish to chat anytime. Be strong for that beautiful bundle of joy your carrying. Praying for you.... (F)

Michelle

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.