Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi ladies,

I just want to say thanks for being so helpful throughout this process. I really appreciate the advice I have received here.

But it seems my journey is ending... I am devastated. I don't know what I am going to do. I was in the hospital last night from bad false contractions.

Thanks again for your help. Good luck to you on the rest of your process.

Michelle

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i know they can't do anything in regards to her taking him..but if she is not feeding him, sending him to school and such..is that now a different case ?

That's horrible Sus-ie...I am so sorry. Were you trying to file for DJ's son too? Cause wid har as a Mom I'm sorry to say it sounds like she ah guh look $$ fuh sign hennyting...I don't think he'll be gone too long. IMO, Irresponsible selfish people can't maintain the caretaking of someone else for too lang. She soon ah guh bring em back tuh DJ han chat bout ow deh Baby ah cramp har style. At that juncture DJ should be ready! Have documents drawn that will give him SOME parental rights.

What I found out after filing for Ken and KJ is paternal rights in JA do not exist!! Unfortunately, too many BAD wutless Daddies spoiled it for everyone! I mean we had to file KJ's BC TWICE to have them put Ken's name on it!! The only way a JA Birth Certificate is printed with the Dad's name is if you are married at the time of birth!! I mean #######...aren't you setting up a system that will perpetually place primary responsibilty upon the mother by doing that!? :no:... I just don't get it!

You're in my prayers and congrats about the win!

Bless,Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hi ladies,

I just want to say thanks for being so helpful throughout this process. I really appreciate the advice I have received here.

But it seems my journey is ending... I am devastated. I don't know what I am going to do. I was in the hospital last night from bad false contractions.

Michelle

mommy.. my prayers are w/ you and your baby. I pray that u have some peace in the midst of this storm, cuz your baby needs u to be healthy mama..

BE BLESSED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Irie cat,

I am so happy for you, i cant wait until my time comes. If i i were you, i probably wouldnt sleep a wink tonight. Congradulations though...and i know i told you already but your daughter is adorable!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Michelle i'm sorry things are how they are right now..it's tough when a child is involved

link me if u need anything ..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
hi ladies,

Michelle

Oh Mich,

I AM SO DYAM SORRY TO HEAR THAT!!!! Look Chica, there is a reason that G-d gave you the gift of pregnancy! I hope it works out for the THREE of you...but if not please Mich TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR BABY!!!! G-d will take care of everything else...just Pray Chica!!!

We are ALL praying for you!

Many blessings and much love to you, (L) Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

hi ladies,

Michelle

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear you say this,but STOP, take a deeep breath, sometimes things may seem like it is not going right, but GOD is just turning us around so we can see things more clearly and giving us directions. I pray that all goes well with your pregnancy, the health of your baby is the most important thing right now, everything else will fall in place at the right time in the right season. I know, I have traveled these same roads.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Timeline
she mussi WELL ugly and waa look like di girl suh she tief pics...

hey yardies..

on the cr1 filing is it true that u don't have to adjust status cuz they enter as a permanent residence.. the AOS is the $1000 fee right?? so are there any fees to lift conditions which I think everybody has to do right (k1, k3, cr1) k3 still have the AOS just like K!??

also anybody know people that have traveled w/ a b2 visa while waiting on a Cr1 or any other visa to be approved.. just reading stuff and trying to make sure I understand.. I know these questions have been posed 100 times..sorry..

As CR1 you don't need to file the AOS of $1010. The AOS fee includes EAD, AP and AOS. As a CR1 you already have those things. Yes after 2 years we all have to lift conditions which is around $550 or so.

Also once you get a K visa or other immigrant visa you have to surrender your B2. Correct me anyone if I am wrong....but this is what I thought I heard cause you are essentially adjusting from one visa to another...cant have two different ones.

thanks!!!.. what is a good estimate for CR1 fees??? on the B2, I am good w/ surrendering once the visa is approved, I was just wondering would immigration try to do it b4 simply becuz of the marriage? it would excellent if the spouse could still travel to the US while the process is pending.

Filed: Timeline
hi ladies,

Michelle

Oh, Lord, please watch over my sisters yesterday, TODAY and tomorrow. LORD, please give us your STRENGTH...please surround us father God. I/WE can't take anymore bad news today. I/WE need you, right HERE, RIGHT NOW. Please help US...

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
hi ladies,

Michelle

Oh, Lord, please watch over my sisters yesterday, TODAY and tomorrow. LORD, please give us your STRENGTH...please surround us father God. I/WE can't take anymore bad news today. I/WE need you, right HERE, RIGHT NOW. Please help US...

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen.

Lawny --

That prayer made me tear up. Praise God for you!

Mommy --

You and your family are in our prayers. Remember life has many turns and we often don't know where it will take us, but God has the map and knows our final destination. Put it all in God's hands and take care of yourself and the baby right now. Everything else will work out as it should. Be blessed.

Timeline
AMEN!!!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Timeline

Now, don't ya'll start crying. I'm going to pick up my nephews ashes at the funeral home. I'll be on later. Pray that I get past this. I told my sister I'll handle it.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
[Enjoy your cake baking Ruly! :lol: Please let me know how it turns out!

Bless, Gill

P.S.- I LOVE your avatar!!!!!

P.P.S- Why did thos boys eat all the marzipan frosting off our Wedding cake!!? I caught them when they were about to start on the braata- (1 year Anniversary cake) !! Left the cake just nyamed off the dyam frosting...BOYS!!!! :no:

Thank ya, Gil! I love me some Barack and Michelle!! Black love, you can't beat it :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.