Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Good Morning Dear God;

What a week. Lord, thank you for blessing me, my family and my friends. I thank you for hovering over us last week with the passing of my 6-month-old nephew. Thank you for blessing us with the 2 hours he was able to spend with us after his birth. Lord, I know that you have a plan for everyone and I just thank you for given me the strength to step up and deal with the things I had to put in place last week. Thanks for given me the strength to help my sister deal with her loss and for helping me to break the news to her daughter. Lord, we thank you for life and for everything that you've blessed us with. Amen.

I'm so sorry for your families loss. Your sister did everything she could. (F)

So, my rant for the day - DJ's son is 5 1/2, and DJ has had custody of him since he was a baby - no one had seen the mother in years, and she hadn't been to see him, no one knew where she was - DJ's Mom has had him, because with his work it was too hard to have a stable home for a little boy - The mother showed up at school and took him, and the school let her take him, so now no one knows where he is. The police are saying they can't do anything because it's his mother. How in the HELL are you going to let anyone take a child, regardless of whether she says she is his mother or not, when you have never met the woman, and know that he doesn't live with her? Why didn't the school at least call someone before they let her take off with him?

:( Sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you both too.

Hey Guys,

First of All Sunny, darling...CONGRATS!!! You are ON your way!! Lawny, Baby Girl, I am so very sorry for your loss! As always you and your family are in my prayers for peace and healing at this time!

Well Ya'll the DEED is DONE!!! I am officially Mrs. Young...and from now on will be 'Forever Young'...but the same ole Crazy Gill! :lol:

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL considering we threw it togher in like TEN days! Ok...the worst part was the DYAM heat...unfortunately..the East Coast was heat with a Bloodcleat HEATWAVE inna early JUNE!!! Just 2 weeks ago it was 40 degrees...whatever.

We didn't let that spoil our day! I was in tears I said recited my vows...because my heart and soul finally felt at ease and knew..."THIS TIME WAS FOREVER!!"

Ken looked so...dyam GOOD!!!! So did our boys!!! Tghe reception was wonderful one of our friends justed opened a new restaurant that hasn't 'officially' been opened as of yet. SO he let us use it! We had a magnificent chef that's GillJamaican by birth, but was culinarily trained in France and London! He is part owner, of the Restaurant...the food was OFF THE HOOK!!!!!

It was very small only 35 of our family and friends...we had no DJ, no mic...but it was so geniune! The speeches moved me to tears...everyone saying how happy they were for us and how proud they were of me for taking a chance on love again!

It was great. Ken and I forgot to bring our camera...thank G-d my friend sent some to me this morning... I wanted to at least post one or 2 pictures...b/c I promised!

Love you all,

Gill

Gill and Ken congrats again; what a beautiful family you have!! :star: May you stay Forever Young!! :thumbs:

Hey Guys,

First of All Sunny, darling...CONGRATS!!! You are ON your way!! Lawny, Baby Girl, I am so very sorry for your loss! As always you and your family are in my prayers for peace and healing at this time!

Well Ya'll the DEED is DONE!!! I am officially Mrs. Young...and from now on will be 'Forever Young'...but the same ole Crazy Gill! :lol:

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL considering we threw it togher in like TEN days! Ok...the worst part was the DYAM heat...unfortunately..the East Coast was heat with a Bloodcleat HEATWAVE inna early JUNE!!! Just 2 weeks ago it was 40 degrees...whatever.

We didn't let that spoil our day! I was in tears I said recited my vows...because my heart and soul finally felt at ease and knew..."THIS TIME WAS FOREVER!!"

Ken looked so...dyam GOOD!!!! So did our boys!!! Tghe reception was wonderful one of our friends justed opened a new restaurant that hasn't 'officially' been opened as of yet. SO he let us use it! We had a magnificent chef that's Jamaican by birth, but was culinarily trained in France and London! He is part owner, of the Restaurant...the food was OFF THE HOOK!!!!!

It was very small only 35 of our family and friends...we had no DJ, no mic...but it was so geniune! The speeches moved me to tears...everyone saying how happy they were for us and how proud they were of me for taking a chance on love again!

It was great. Ken and I forgot to bring our camera...thank G-d my friend sent some to me this morning... I wanted to at least post one or 2 pictures...b/c I promised!

Love you all,

Gill

Gill, see what you did :crying: cho man...now mi caan tap :crying: lawddddd mi ago look a piece of paper fi mi face :crying: Love ya'll, abosulutely BEAUTIFUL FAMILY...I can see the happiness in your face and your boys....what a way Mr. Young trash out....ole on pon im tight

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Good Morning Dear God;

What a week. Lord, thank you for blessing me, my family and my friends. I thank you for hovering over us last week with the passing of my 6-month-old nephew. Thank you for blessing us with the 2 hours he was able to spend with us after his birth. Lord, I know that you have a plan for everyone and I just thank you for given me the strength to step up and deal with the things I had to put in place last week. Thanks for given me the strength to help my sister deal with her loss and for helping me to break the news to her daughter. Lord, we thank you for life and for everything that you've blessed us with. Amen.

Thanks my VJ family. The hardest thing that I had to do was take the baby from her. The nursing staff, social workers, chaplin, doctors and her husband tried for 2 hours. When I got up on the floor I thought something happened to my sister and they were all like "THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE"...I had to force and take the baby. That's what I'm having a hard time dealing with. My sister if fine, she's the stronger one in the family. I jokinly told her this is 2nd pregnancy where she beat me up...with her daughter she had a reaction to the STADOL meds and became combative, she busted my lip and nose when I went to rub vaseline on her lips...we joke about that all the time. I still love her.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Guys,

Ken looked so...dyam GOOD!!!! So did our boys!!! Tghe reception was wonderful one of our friends justed opened a new restaurant that hasn't 'officially' been opened as of yet. SO he let us use it! We had a magnificent chef that's Jamaican by birth, but was culinarily trained in France and London! He is part owner, of the Restaurant...the food was OFF THE HOOK!!!!!

Love you all,

Gill

Gilli-beans; excuse mi, mek mi behave mi self -- MRS YOUNG Congratulations to you. You were a stunning bride and Ken was a dashing groom. Blessings on you both!!!!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Gil! Those pictures are too cute... y'all look like one big happy family (even got a white picket fence in the background :) ) . Your story, and all the ones I read on VJ, are a testament that love can conquer anything. Thanks for sharing!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Dear God;

Thanks my VJ family. The hardest thing that I had to do was take the baby from her. The nursing staff, social workers, chaplin, doctors and her husband tried for 2 hours. When I got up on the floor I thought something happened to my sister and they were all like "THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE"...I had to force and take the baby. That's what I'm having a hard time dealing with. My sister if fine, she's the stronger one in the family. I jokinly told her this is 2nd pregnancy where she beat me up...with her daughter she had a reaction to the STADOL meds and became combative, she busted my lip and nose when I went to rub vaseline on her lips...we joke about that all the time. I still love her.

Lawny, I'm so sorry for your loss and what your family, especially your sister, had to go through. Y'all are in my prayers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Dear God;

Lawny,

Please accept my condolences for your family's loss. I cannot imagine what your sister, yourself and the rest of your family are experiencing at this time. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and as you stated, the Lord knows why. Know that he is in God's arms now and he is surrounded by the Lord's love. My prayers are with you all ***HUGS***

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Guys,

Love you all,

Gill

CONGRATS GILL & KEN......OR SHOULD I SAY "MRS. YOUNG"! Love the Pics...u two look so happy and your sons are quite the gentlemen next to Ken! :dance::dance:

Thanks for sharing Gill and i wish u the best, as always!

T

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

**********HOTELS IN KINGSTON

I'm meeting up with 7 couples that have interviews in Kingston the same day as mine (June 24th). They're looking for just one night. All are coming from the other end of the island, from Westmoreland, St. Elizabeth, Negril. I'm the closest coming from Trelawny. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. They said no to the HILTON, Courtleight is sold out, some didn't like Knutsford, they're about to drive me insane.

Tre, there is a hotel by the airport. I can't remember the name right now, I am about to go into a meeting, will try to get the information back to you when i am back in my office.

What are the dates?

Roxcie

Hotel by the airport??? I think you meant Port Royal if it is then is Morgans Harbour Marino

Thanks, that is correct the name is Morgans Harbour Marino, going rate of 120.00 per nite.

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
Good Morning Dear God;

Lawny, my heart goes out to you and yours.

I cannot begin to imagine the pain your sister must be going through, I can only pray that it isn't too hard to bear.

Yeah Lawny, sorry for ur loss. I'm sure ur sister appreciates all you've done. I pray that she gets through this with ur love and support. PM me when it gets closer to ur interview/ trip.

Nish

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Timeline
*********GUESS WHO I JUST HAD LUNCH WITH????????

KELLY (JOMO'S girl) and ANDRE....they're such a cute couple and so down to heart. Andre is a true gentleman and they had me cracking up. Kelly's picture does her no justice. She looks great and I got so many cute gifts (yes, I'm bragging). Okay, going to get a cup of ice now, it's to DAMN hot outside.

Glad u guys had fun. Sounds like it was nice to hook up with some folks from here. I was wondering where Kell had been this last week... :lol:

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.