Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
posted this on the wrong one...anyone know what happened to FutureMrs? I think she changed her screen name to NowMrs. She used to be on here all the time...

She's just busy. Marlon got a job. She got a new job with longer hours. Her sister died. They are contemplating moving to another state. She's doing really well. Sounds great. Loves married life. She calls me about once a month.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
In regards to the Barack nomination...I for one was so surprised that he was able to do it. Not that I wished anything bad because I personally liked a lot of what he had to say--but let's face it, we live in America, and we all know how regressed America can be, especially in issues dealing with politics and race. I just hope that we as Americans are truly serious about turning our country around, and if we are, then I think the choices should be obvious...As for a BO/HC ticket...I don't think so. Not only is she sneaky and canniving, but I definitely see her trying to overstep her bounds and still be the president...she would have a hard time listening and working with him I believe. As for John Edwards, I too think that he would be a good candidate for VP, but he has emphatically stated that he is NOT interested in the VP. He has no interest in running. He tried it once and he said that was it for him. He'll get his policies done from the Senate, so I'm not sure who he will choose, but one things for sure...he will have to choose someone that will be able to appeal to all of those voters that supported HC...namely women and lower-middle class & blue collar workers...they are a hard group to budge, and I've read articles where they are so angry over the fact that O has won the nomination that they are willing to turn their votes over to McCain or not vote at all instead of vote for Obama...and we simply can't take that chance...

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

There is something about Edwards that bugs me. Hilary, on the other hand, I think she knows how to play politics better then anyone out there right now. While it may make her seem conniving at times, I see it as a huge asset when it really counts.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
There is something about Edwards that bugs me. Hilary, on the other hand, I think she knows how to play politics better then anyone out there right now. While it may make her seem conniving at times, I see it as a huge asset when it really counts.

George Dubya knew how to "play politics" to get his agendas pushed and he was as conniving as anyone...and look where that has landed us... :( ...all I'm saying is maybe someone should try a different tactic

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Hey Family,

How are you all doing?

The things you guys get up to when I'm away! :lol: ...Gotta check-out that 'Lush ' place! I miss you guys...but trying to get everything settled and done for Sunday! Life is good...although hectic. Missa Young is really getting into his groove now and lovin' NY!

Engy, good luck ...you are in my prayers for a call back for an interview!

Irie, you must be so excited! When is Louis coming?

Shrewdie, I'm sorry Chica...hang in there...I just don't understand what is taking so darn long!

Kimmy, how yuh doing darling? Yuh still going to classes? How's likkle Mama Mora doing?

Tre & Wakey...onnuh ready...your big day is coming! You will both be fine!

Sus-ie...how was Yard?

To the rest of the Fam...much love always!

Bless-ed love always,

Gill

P.S.- I don't know if we touched on this yesterday...but Tuesday night I was even more proud to be an American!!! Wow, I honestly never thought I would live to see the day that a man of African descent would earn a nomination to be President of th U.S.A! Wow...that is definitely going to be a "Where were you when" moment for me! I'm not going to lie...I bawled like a baby...not for Obama...but because another opportunity just opened up for our sons to strive for!

OBAMA '08...I'm back on that grind!!! :thumbs:

Good Morning Gill! I can't wait to see wedding pics! I am glad to hear Mr likes NY... Louis will be here on the 14th and I am so excited. He is so calm and swears he will be fine. He has no problems leaving St Lucia and is so sure everything is going to be A-OK! I really hope he likes Maine - says he can't wait for our drives together (we always drove around St Lucia together)...

I was watching GMA this morning and Obama's family from Africa was on there and soooo happy for him. I was bawling myself, mind you I am always emotional, but amidst all the ####### going on in this world today this is so inspiring.

I have a lotus flower tattoed on my arm and the symbalism of it is very similar to how I feel about Obama becoming president....

A lotus flower grows in the dark mud of a pond and becomes a beautiful flower that cleans the water around it. I hope that Obama can clean all the "water around him" and become a great leader!

Goodevening Ladies,

My thoughts on Obama.

He may be the next President of the United States and he may not. I am undecided as to who I am going to vote for. I'm not saying anyone on here is voting for him because he is black, but I get that impression from alot of people and it could just be the media. But I hope our society looks past the color of skin and look at the person and their issues.

Me and Marla are doing great and they are having a great time. We have had some issues (small arguements) but we look back at them at day's end and laugh about it. Part of the adjusting period I guess.

I am going to apply for an EAD soon so she will able to work. Also, today Marla is looking for a hair dresser and I don't anything about it, so wish her luck. Saturday my brother is going to keep Amoy and we are going to have our 1st date in America. Don't know where were going yet but it is her birthday so I gotta take her somewhere nice. And we get the whole night to ourselves!

Jason, so happy to hear that things are going ok with you both. It must be real exciting. So you got yourself a Gemini?? She is a great lover, just treat her with kindness and gentleness. She loves to talk and loves a partner who loves to talk.

Bear with her, as the ajustment period can be overwhelming. Good luck to you both and best of luck with the rest of your lives together.

Much love

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

George Dubya knew how to "play politics" to get his agendas pushed and he was as conniving as anyone...and look where that has landed us... :( ...all I'm saying is maybe someone should try a different tactic

EXACTLY!!! I am so over the "playing politics" mess! Thats what gets us in the craziness we are in now. Its time for a CHANGE. WE cannot possibly expect a different outcome if we CONTINUE to go about things the SAME way. Thats all I saw Hillary do..play politics...and that was the exact reason why i started to not like her. I actually thought she was a pretty good candidate and would've been happy for her to get the nomination. Now I'm scared if she gets it or if she gets VP. :wacko:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Congrats to Gill and Ken on their upcoming nuptials. (L) May God bless your union and may he continue to bless and guide you both as you start this very important journey together. I wish you both the best life has to offer. :thumbs:(F)(F)

Much love to you both

Claire

Edited by clairern

Timeline

I agree completely. It's just not how I see our government.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wedding2a.jpg

Congratulations Gilly and Ken :luv: May this weekend be absolutely wonderful! Lots of love and blesings hun (L)

~A prayer for you both~

May the love of God be above you to overshadow you, beneath you to uphold you, before you to guide you, behind you to protect you, close beside you and within you to make you able for all things, and to reward your faithfulness with the joy and peace which the world cannot give -- neither can it take away. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, to whom be glory now and evermore. Amen.
Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline
Morning all!

Thought this was too cute not to share:

image008.jpg

Aw that is the cutest little shirt. i want one for rmy doggie!!

Congrats Gill and Ken, I hope its a wonderful and beautiful day when you join your lives as one.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
wedding2a.jpg

Congratulations Gilly and Ken :luv: May this weekend be absolutely wonderful! Lots of love and blesings hun (L)

~A prayer for you both~

May the love of God be above you to overshadow you, beneath you to uphold you, before you to guide you, behind you to protect you, close beside you and within you to make you able for all things, and to reward your faithfulness with the joy and peace which the world cannot give -- neither can it take away. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord, to whom be glory now and evermore. Amen.

Good to see you yardiewife..I miss having you around

Timeline

Hey, Yardie....

Mindy said her NOA is at home. She'll look and get back to you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.