Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I really wish BO/HC would run as Pres/VP.

UGH!! I hope not! I really don't trust her. I dont' think many BO voters do. It will take alot for her to prove herself if this happens IMO.

HC has alot to bring to the plate...but she also brings Bill! And unfortunately after her campaign he has gone from number 1 President in my book to just another user! Not to mention...I think it is REALLY pushing the boundaries of what most American will accept...it's sad to say that many Americans can deal with a Black Pres or a woman Pres...but not both! I mean look at WV and KY!! That to me was VERY scary!! But, Hil brings so much to the table...latinos and women...it's hard not to really consider her. I personally like John Edwards...but then again...I don't know if he would even want VP again? Richardson would be good, but then again you have 2 frists!!! It's gonna be interesting seeing how it plays out!

Bless-ed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

UGH!! I hope not! I really don't trust her. I dont' think many BO voters do. It will take alot for her to prove herself if this happens IMO.

HC has alot to bring to the plate...but she also brings Bill! And unfortunately after her campaign he has gone from number 1 President in my book to just another user! Not to mention...I think it is REALLY pushing the boundaries of what most American will accept...it's sad to say that many Americans can deal with a Black Pres or a woman Pres...but not both! I mean look at WV and KY!! That to me was VERY scary!! But, Hil brings so much to the table...latinos and women...it's hard not to really consider her. I personally like John Edwards...but then again...I don't know if he would even want VP again? Richardson would be good, but then again you have 2 frists!!! It's gonna be interesting seeing how it plays out!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Very true I like Edwards too. I think that would be a good ticket. I think HC could be a killer ticket put she played so dirty during the primary its hard not to ignore that sometimes. I think BO knows that too. I'm not sure she is trustworthy...she lied about a whole hoopla of stuff during the primary and the media just let it roll. But BO was getting rage about what OTHER people at his church said...how ridiculous. Did you hear they want the pastor of that one church to step down from clergy cus of his sermon?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Personally, I agree. I hope it's not a Obama and Clinton ticket. And for this same reason, I don't trust her. I was a Hillary all the way in the beginning of the primaries, but her campaign desperation just didn't sit well to me. Obama spoke about change and progress and I truthfully believed him. Throughout the primaries I began losing confidence and trust in Hillary. But I have been listening to the pundits and some think that Obama will need to bring Hillary along to gain the support she gathered in some of the key states that she won. I hope another strategy emerges, but if that's what he needs to do to secure the support than I will support him nonetheless. I just hope he has a "come to Jesus" meeting with Ms. Clinton to tell her he's the captain of this ship and she will need to fall back a little. They should broadcast this meeting on television -- I would pay money to witness it :whistle:

Timeline

Personally, I agree. I hope it's not a Obama and Clinton ticket. And for this same reason, I don't trust her. I was a Hillary all the way in the beginning of the primaries, but her campaign desperation just didn't sit well to me. Obama spoke about change and progress and I truthfully believed him. Throughout the primaries I began losing confidence and trust in Hillary. But I have been listening to the pundits and some think that Obama will need to bring Hillary along to gain the support she gathered in some of the key states that she won. I hope another strategy emerges, but if that's what he needs to do to secure the support than I will support him nonetheless. I just hope he has a "come to Jesus" meeting with Ms. Clinton to tell her he's the captain of this ship and she will need to fall back a little. They should broadcast this meeting on television -- I would pay money to witness it :whistle:

OMG!! Thats so what I think!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JaEnglish - things are well. I had another root canal, mr jengs made me a bowl of mashed potatoes last night, my man didn't even put any gravy on it.

he met me for lunch today and told me he'll be making me a bowl of porridge for dinner. :angry:

I can't wait until august to get to j.a.

I'm very proud of obama!!!!

I'm in pain and the baby is teething, the man and boy in the house are going thru a rough time right now. lol

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

OMG!! Thats so what I think!

Yeah, she's so "extra" at this point that she needs a good checking. That whole comment about Bobby Kennedy's assassination left a real sour taste in my mouth for her. So uncalled for.

Edited by Unruly Gal

Timeline
Sounds great, Jason. I'm glad everything seems to be going well.

Good luck on that hairdresser part. It took Andre a while to find a barber he liked.

I'm looking at finally getting the kitten we've been talking about. An opportunity came up today for our pick of one. Take a look:

OurKittens.jpg

Top black/white one on the right side. A male.

JG!!!

that was the one I picked out. I was getting ready to immediately reply and say "get that one" but then I continued to read and saw.

amazing :)

inside cat? (I am assuming since I think you live in an apartment)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
:ot: Hey guys, I have been back from Jamaica for a copule of days now but was in kinda of a funk. :(

When I visited Mike in Ja last month, he expressed that he was not sure if he was going back to the embassy this month to turn in his police certificate so he can get his visa. He said that a man his age has to pack up from the way of life he has been used to all his life and move to a new country to start his life all over. I was dumbfounded when I heard this because of all the plans we made and what my expections were. I am at a loss right now.. :crying::crying:

What do you guys think about this?

Clariey,

I'm sorry I missed this one.

Chica, give him space and time. I know you want him here...but he has to WANT to be here too...you know! Try (notice I said TRY) not to push him in one way or the other... be patient...he will come around! I have a good feeling about it! You are in my prayers Chica.

Bless,

Gill

Gill! I have missed ya!! Getting excited?????

Guys- I have a question. I am getting all the stuff together for the I-864 incase I actually get an approval from VSC while I am gone and my sis can mail it off... and I think I will just send this years W-2 and tax return because 3 years ago I was still a student and only made like 15K or something

BUT... I just switched jobs in August so I have two W2s for last year...

I will also include a copy of last year's contract..but do not have a copy of one for this year..what do you think?

Missed you too Chica,

I think you should be fine Shrewdie...they didn't even look at anything other than 2007's returns! I brought everything for the last 3 years...you'll be ok! I think they really only want to know that you are capable of supporting him and yourself ...NOW!

Bless,

Gill

For the CR1 they actually take all this stuff at NVC BEFORE the interview, so they will def look at it. Shrewdie I'd look into asking this on the NVC thread. I thought that youhad to provide all years tax returns or get a co-sponser or something to that nature. Its better to give them way more than less of what they ask for.

well, the directions say "MAY include the last 3 years"

What I prepared for my sister was my 2007 1040. my w-2s, my last years contract letter, and my last 6 mo. pay stubs

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus, Where can I find coochie chream? :whistle:

http://www.edenfantasys.com/COOCHY-SHAVE-C...toys-dvds-18195

I have the Pear one

Thanks. I'm going to order some.

Sorry...I'm late. But I used to have sex toy parties all the time...years ago. They are so much fun. Then I started selling them...good money...especially back then when the parties were new. I stopped because I got tired of hearing people (especially my friends and family) personal stories like...what they did the night before, how they broke vibs and dild, wire and battery shortages :wacko: ..I couldn't take it any more....WAY TMI...

However, I still have some toys because I felt like I "earned" them. I have one that would put any man to shame :whistle: It was a gag gift. Damien thinks it's funny. He's a little open to some things. But they are all going in the trash when we move this month.

Timeline
Thanks ladies,

I am not sponsoring her. My parents or granny would.

Only other way for her to get here permanently is for her to marry someone.

She may very well have a shot at getting a visitor's visa, they seem to give them out more willingly to older people. She could then come for a few months at a time. BUT, she could NOT officially work.

There are a few options - You could file for an H1B visa, but there is a Cap per year on those and they are tough to get - Also possibly a J visa - Most Nanny visas are geared towards those in their early 20s, so it's hard for an older person. Here's some info:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/E1_english.pdf

Thanks Sus for the information. My family members have connections with the higher ups. So maybe it might work. It doesn't hurt to try.

Thanks ladies,

I am not sponsoring her. My parents or granny would.

Only other way for her to get here permanently is for her to marry someone.

She may very well have a shot at getting a visitor's visa, they seem to give them out more willingly to older people. She could then come for a few months at a time. BUT, she could NOT officially work.

If she really has no one else on the island and needs your financial assistance to survive, I am thinking she doesn't have many ties that will ensure she returns. It may be a long shot to even get the visitor's visa.

Yes that is true. She has already tried to get a vistors visa and was denied. She has her own house but having her property was not good enough.

How do I bring my parents to lawfully live in the United States?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

She said it's not her husband's real mother, but his aunt.

Yep, that doesn't work cause she never officially adopted him after his dad passed away.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
:ot: Hey guys, I have been back from Jamaica for a copule of days now but was in kinda of a funk. :(

When I visited Mike in Ja last month, he expressed that he was not sure if he was going back to the embassy this month to turn in his police certificate so he can get his visa. He said that a man his age has to pack up from the way of life he has been used to all his life and move to a new country to start his life all over. I was dumbfounded when I heard this because of all the plans we made and what my expections were. I am at a loss right now.. :crying::crying:

What do you guys think about this?

Clariey,

I'm sorry I missed this one.

Chica, give him space and time. I know you want him here...but he has to WANT to be here too...you know! Try (notice I said TRY) not to push him in one way or the other... be patient...he will come around! I have a good feeling about it! You are in my prayers Chica.

Bless,

Gill

Gill! I have missed ya!! Getting excited?????

Guys- I have a question. I am getting all the stuff together for the I-864 incase I actually get an approval from VSC while I am gone and my sis can mail it off... and I think I will just send this years W-2 and tax return because 3 years ago I was still a student and only made like 15K or something

BUT... I just switched jobs in August so I have two W2s for last year...

I will also include a copy of last year's contract..but do not have a copy of one for this year..what do you think?

Missed you too Chica,

I think you should be fine Shrewdie...they didn't even look at anything other than 2007's returns! I brought everything for the last 3 years...you'll be ok! I think they really only want to know that you are capable of supporting him and yourself ...NOW!

Bless,

Gill

Hi Gill welcome back! I can't wait to see pics coming up soon. :star:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Bless-ed,

Gill

Good point :thumbs:

Good luck on that hairdresser part. It took Andre a while to find a barber he liked.

I'm looking at finally getting the kitten we've been talking about. An opportunity came up today for our pick of one. Take a look:

OurKittens.jpg

JG!!!

that was the one I picked out. I was getting ready to immediately reply and say "get that one" but then I continued to read and saw.

Oh how cute! When Dwain arrived last year we were going to get a cat from the shelter and then we decided lets just have a baby :wacko: .

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Can I have some collective prayer that I get a job I applied for??

It closed on Friday, praying they interview me, if I get the interview, I just KNOW I'll get the job..

It's basically what I was doing the UK and the salary is basically the same I was getting converted into $!!!

Got even my TOES crossed lol....

best wishes!!!

How was JA?

Timeline

OurKittens.jpg

JG!!!

I do not believe in outside pets. In St. Louis climate, that is cruel nearly year round.

I can't stop staring at his cute little face today.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.