Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
How do I bring my parents to lawfully live in the United States?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

She said it's not her husband's real mother, but his aunt.

That very fact, I think, makes it impossible to file for her at all.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Hey guys, I have been back from Jamaica for a copule of days now but was in kinda of a funk. :(

When I visited Mike in Ja last month, he expressed that he was not sure if he was going back to the embassy this month to turn in his police certificate so he can get his visa. He said that a man his age has to pack up from the way of life he has been used to all his life and move to a new country to start his life all over. I was dumbfounded when I heard this because of all the plans we made and what my expections were. I am at a loss right now.. :crying::crying:

What do you guys think about this?

Clariey,

I'm sorry I missed this one.

Chica, give him space and time. I know you want him here...but he has to WANT to be here too...you know! Try (notice I said TRY) not to push him in one way or the other... be patient...he will come around! I have a good feeling about it! You are in my prayers Chica.

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Hey guys, I have been back from Jamaica for a copule of days now but was in kinda of a funk. :(

When I visited Mike in Ja last month, he expressed that he was not sure if he was going back to the embassy this month to turn in his police certificate so he can get his visa. He said that a man his age has to pack up from the way of life he has been used to all his life and move to a new country to start his life all over. I was dumbfounded when I heard this because of all the plans we made and what my expections were. I am at a loss right now.. :crying::crying:

Clariey,

Chica, give him space and time. I know you want him here...but he has to WANT to be here too...you know! Try (notice I said TRY) not to push him in one way or the other... be patient...he will come around! I have a good feeling about it! You are in my prayers Chica.

Bless,

Gill

Gill! I have missed ya!! Getting excited?????

Guys- I have a question. I am getting all the stuff together for the I-864 incase I actually get an approval from VSC while I am gone and my sis can mail it off... and I think I will just send this years W-2 and tax return because 3 years ago I was still a student and only made like 15K or something

BUT... I just switched jobs in August so I have two W2s for last year...

I will also include a copy of last year's contract..but do not have a copy of one for this year..what do you think?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Hey Family,

How are you all doing?

The things you guys get up to when I'm away! :lol:...Gotta check-out that 'Lush ' place! I miss you guys...but trying to get everything settled and done for Sunday! Life is good...although hectic. Missa Young is really getting into his groove now and lovin' NY!

Engy, good luck ...you are in my prayers for a call back for an interview!

Irie, you must be so excited! When is Louis coming?

Shrewdie, I'm sorry Chica...hang in there...I just don't understand what is taking so darn long!

Kimmy, how yuh doing darling? Yuh still going to classes? How's likkle Mama Mora doing?

Tre & Wakey...onnuh ready...your big day is coming! You will both be fine!

Sus-ie...how was Yard?

To the rest of the Fam...much love always!

Bless-ed love always,

Gill

P.S.- I don't know if we touched on this yesterday...but Tuesday night I was even more proud to be an American!!! Wow, I honestly never thought I would live to see the day that a man of African descent would earn a nomination to be President of th U.S.A! Wow...that is definitely going to be a "Where were you when" moment for me! I'm not going to lie...I bawled like a baby...not for Obama...but because another opportunity just opened up for our sons to strive for!

OBAMA '08...I'm back on that grind!!! :thumbs:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Clariey,

Bless,

Gill

Guys- I have a question. I am getting all the stuff together for the I-864 incase I actually get an approval from VSC while I am gone and my sis can mail it off... and I think I will just send this years W-2 and tax return because 3 years ago I was still a student and only made like 15K or something

I will also include a copy of last year's contract..but do not have a copy of one for this year..what do you think?

Missed you too Chica,

I think you should be fine Shrewdie...they didn't even look at anything other than 2007's returns! I brought everything for the last 3 years...you'll be ok! I think they really only want to know that you are capable of supporting him and yourself ...NOW!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Hey Family,

How are you all doing?

The things you guys get up to when I'm away! :lol:...Gotta check-out that 'Lush ' place! I miss you guys...but trying to get everything settled and done for Sunday! Life is good...although hectic. Missa Young is really getting into his groove now and lovin' NY!

Shrewdie, I'm sorry Chica...hang in there...I just don't understand what is taking so darn long!

Kimmy, how yuh doing darling? Yuh still going to classes? How's likkle Mama Mora doing?

Sus-ie...how was Yard?

Bless-ed love always,

Gill

P.S.- I don't know if we touched on this yesterday...but Tuesday night I was even more proud to be an American!!! Wow, I honestly never thought I would live to see the day that a man of African descent would earn a nomination to be President of th U.S.A! Wow...that is definitely going to be a "Where were you when" moment for me! I'm not going to lie...I bawled like a baby...not for Obama...but because another opportunity just opened up for our sons to strive for!

Good Morning Gill! I can't wait to see wedding pics! I am glad to hear Mr likes NY... Louis will be here on the 14th and I am so excited. He is so calm and swears he will be fine. He has no problems leaving St Lucia and is so sure everything is going to be A-OK! I really hope he likes Maine - says he can't wait for our drives together (we always drove around St Lucia together)...

I was watching GMA this morning and Obama's family from Africa was on there and soooo happy for him. I was bawling myself, mind you I am always emotional, but amidst all the ####### going on in this world today this is so inspiring.

I have a lotus flower tattoed on my arm and the symbalism of it is very similar to how I feel about Obama becoming president....

A lotus flower grows in the dark mud of a pond and becomes a beautiful flower that cleans the water around it. I hope that Obama can clean all the "water around him" and become a great leader!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Hey Gilli dawta..tings good..mora is good...did i tell u she is sleeping thru the nite w/o wetting the bed :dance: we went from me praying for her to get out of oull ups to not even at nite...i'm happy..I'm still taking classes...2 in the summer..why not

I'm sooo happy for yah Gilli..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Family,

How are you all doing?

Sus-ie...how was Yard?

Bless-ed love always,

Gill

Good Morning Gill! I can't wait to see wedding pics! I am glad to hear Mr likes NY... Louis will be here on the 14th and I am so excited. He is so calm and swears he will be fine. He has no problems leaving St Lucia and is so sure everything is going to be A-OK! I really hope he likes Maine - says he can't wait for our drives together (we always drove around St Lucia together)...

I was watching GMA this morning and Obama's family from Africa was on there and soooo happy for him. I was bawling myself, mind you I am always emotional, but amidst all the ####### going on in this world today this is so inspiring.

I have a lotus flower tattoed on my arm and the symbalism of it is very similar to how I feel about Obama becoming president....

A lotus flower grows in the dark mud of a pond and becomes a beautiful flower that cleans the water around it. I hope that Obama can clean all the "water around him" and become a great leader!

Goodevening Ladies,

My thoughts on Obama.

He may be the next President of the United States and he may not. I am undecided as to who I am going to vote for. I'm not saying anyone on here is voting for him because he is black, but I get that impression from alot of people and it could just be the media. But I hope our society looks past the color of skin and look at the person and their issues.

Me and Marla are doing great and they are having a great time. We have had some issues (small arguements) but we look back at them at day's end and laugh about it. Part of the adjusting period I guess.

I am going to apply for an EAD soon so she will able to work. Also, today Marla is looking for a hair dresser and I don't anything about it, so wish her luck. Saturday my brother is going to keep Amoy and we are going to have our 1st date in America. Don't know where were going yet but it is her birthday so I gotta take her somewhere nice. And we get the whole night to ourselves!

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Timeline

Sounds great, Jason. I'm glad everything seems to be going well.

Good luck on that hairdresser part. It took Andre a while to find a barber he liked.

I'm looking at finally getting the kitten we've been talking about. An opportunity came up today for our pick of one. Take a look:

OurKittens.jpg

Top black/white one on the right side. A male.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Glad to hear everything is going well, Jason - I don't envy Marla with finding a hairdresser, that is not a fun thing to do for anyone! Enjoy your first US date, it sounds like fun!

JG, the kittens are so cute, and that one is exactly the one who caught my eye! I can't wait to get a cat again - this is the first time in my life that I am petless, and I am at a loss without one!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Goodevening Ladies,

My thoughts on Obama.

He may be the next President of the United States and he may not. I am undecided as to who I am going to vote for. I'm not saying anyone on here is voting for him because he is black, but I get that impression from alot of people and it could just be the media. But I hope our society looks past the color of skin and look at the person and their issues.

Me and Marla are doing great and they are having a great time. We have had some issues (small arguements) but we look back at them at day's end and laugh about it. Part of the adjusting period I guess.

I am going to apply for an EAD soon so she will able to work. Also, today Marla is looking for a hair dresser and I don't anything about it, so wish her luck. Saturday my brother is going to keep Amoy and we are going to have our 1st date in America. Don't know where were going yet but it is her birthday so I gotta take her somewhere nice. And we get the whole night to ourselves!

Hello Jason,

Glad to here all is well with you and Marla. I word of advice about the Hairdresser thing...wherever she goes makes sure that she has time to sit in the shop for awhile and check out how the hair dressers curl, cut and wash other clients hair before just jumping into a chair.

I definitely need to clarify something to you. First of all I am NOT voting for Obama because he is Black! I was a straight Hillary Chick up until the end of January!! I mean I voted for her twice to be my senator...I had nothing against her...I actually was voting for whichever democrat had the best chance to get into the White House come November!

I didn't even take Obama seriously until I heard the speech he gave after his win in South Carolina and started doing some research. I, for one am DOG tired of the Status Quo and I thought what he was saying about 'Change' and 'Bridging' divides made and makes a great deal of sense. IMO, the USA needs a clean slate...we are the most hated nation in the world, because of GWB and he's failed policies...not to mention we are in an recession...on the verge of a depression. We need a united America to get us out the mess we are currently in, plus the help of many international nations. I think Obama has the best chance to unite Republicans and Democrats and have the USA be seen again as a diplomatic nation...not just a Waring one!

Whether you want to admit it or not...Tuesday Night was HISTORIC!! Forty years ago we couldn't even sit next to a white person on a bus and in many states we would risk the chance of death if we excerised our right to vote...to now have an African American be the Nominee of a Major party in a mere forty years is astouding and speaks volumes about how far this country has come (although we still have further to go)!

So nope, I'm not voting for any candidate based upon race...but I'm not going to lie and say I am not pleased as hell that a Black Man that came from NOTHING (a single Mom, lower-middle class family, busted his hump to get into Harvard) has a chance to be President for the first time in our history! What it says to the millions of little African-American boys out there is ...'Yes, you can!!!'

So, I hear you about what the media is making it 'seem' like...but for African-American and Blcak people around the world what Obama did on Tuesday night is a HUGE accomplishment! I had 5 relatives from JA. call me on Tuseday night, just so damn excited about what happened and 3 people from the UK... saying the same thing...we never thought we would live to see this day!

Bless-ed,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

I really wish BO/HC would run as Pres/VP.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Clariey,

Bless,

Gill

Missed you too Chica,

I think you should be fine Shrewdie...they didn't even look at anything other than 2007's returns! I brought everything for the last 3 years...you'll be ok! I think they really only want to know that you are capable of supporting him and yourself ...NOW!

Bless,

Gill

For the CR1 they actually take all this stuff at NVC BEFORE the interview, so they will def look at it. Shrewdie I'd look into asking this on the NVC thread. I thought that youhad to provide all years tax returns or get a co-sponser or something to that nature. Its better to give them way more than less of what they ask for.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Goodevening Ladies,

My thoughts on Obama.

You know Jason, I think it is the media that puts that notion of voting for him only for the color of his skin. Its a divisive tactic that the media and majority in this country has used on us since this country was built. You have to see pass that ####### cause they can twist your head up sometimes. I truly believe that people are voting for him because of HIM not because he is "Black"....you know he's white too....but the media will sell you his skin color all day long just to divide and conquer. Black people don't need to be told what the color of our skin is...we are told in subliminal ways everyday...and trust we are not the most united of people...so I KNOW Black people are not voting for him just cause he's Black...that would make no sense to us...maybe others vote that way. We've had a many other Blacks running for the White house ....take a look at Shirely Chisholm she was Black and woman...then we had Jesse Jackson.....Barack is not the first to run...but the first to get thru. So its not just BLACKS that are needed for the support cause I knew of very few supporting crazy Jesse. Its not the color of their skin...but the content of the character. (I know ....so cliche) Just don't get caught up in that ignorant media hype of Baracks "blackness". Look at him for the man that he is and what he wants for this country. He makes me feel proud to be American and honsetly I was not a proud American...cause lets face is...America is a bit difficult to swallow to many Black Americans.

Timeline
I really wish BO/HC would run as Pres/VP.

UGH!! I hope not! I really don't trust her. I dont' think many BO voters do. It will take alot for her to prove herself if this happens IMO.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.