Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

SUS, I put your numbers in my phone, then I took the chip out to put a DIgicel chip in there to use in JA.

That was the LAST time my At&T chip worked :(

We didn't go to the seafood festival, did you??

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Waagwan yaardies! The hubby and I will be in Negril in 2 weeks...I've never been...he hasn't been in a couple of years...anybody got any suggestions as to any activities or places to see while there?

LOTS of suggestions, I just got back last night!

Morning all - I will post more later - I am EXHAUSTED = Air JA delay, so by the time I got home it was 4 am! And, I am here at work :crying:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
VETSSSSSS where are you I have a question.

My friend's fiance had his interview April 1st and was placed on AP...now, they've been calling and calling to find out where the visa is and is told that it's still in AP. He gets a call, then a letter from the Embassy requesting that he had to bring the petitioner to the interview which is scheduled for June 24th same day as mine. I looked over her file and all the things that were submitted is more than enough proof. They didn't even look at their pictures or phone bills or e-mails...nothing (as proof). I don't know how much more proof they could want. They've been together 3 years and have a child. That's strange. Anyone else get a request from the embassy that they had to attend the 2nd interview with the benificary? I told her to get a note to the embassy that she can't fly because she's pregnant. I can't believe they would hold it up so long. It's two months. I told her to e-mail the embassy and FIRMLY tell them that she's under doctor's care and cannot fly. Any suggestions other than that? I wish they had told me about this earlier. She just thought that was the normal procedure.

Let's clarify just a bit here, Tre.

Has one of them applied for/been applied for?

Is there a huge age difference?

There must be something that made them think this. Or, of course, you could get that lone jacka$$ CO who wants to make life difficult. I have only heard of one other JA filer who HAD to be at the interview. There was something wonky about their relationship that made them do it, though. I think the relationship was fairly new when they filed.

Odd that the CO didn't look at anything. This is the main reason I say there must be something that set the CO off to do this.

I hate to say it;but if they request the presence of the filer, it is going to seem very odd if she doesn't show up. Grounds for denial.

Uh-oh, is having an age difference a huge red flag when it is my SO that is older than me by 11 years?

Edited by mommy2B

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Timeline
VETSSSSSS where are you I have a question.

My friend's fiance had his interview April 1st and was placed on AP...now, they've been calling and calling to find out where the visa is and is told that it's still in AP. He gets a call, then a letter from the Embassy requesting that he had to bring the petitioner to the interview which is scheduled for June 24th same day as mine. I looked over her file and all the things that were submitted is more than enough proof. They didn't even look at their pictures or phone bills or e-mails...nothing (as proof). I don't know how much more proof they could want. They've been together 3 years and have a child. That's strange. Anyone else get a request from the embassy that they had to attend the 2nd interview with the benificary? I told her to get a note to the embassy that she can't fly because she's pregnant. I can't believe they would hold it up so long. It's two months. I told her to e-mail the embassy and FIRMLY tell them that she's under doctor's care and cannot fly. Any suggestions other than that? I wish they had told me about this earlier. She just thought that was the normal procedure.

Let's clarify just a bit here, Tre.

Has one of them applied for/been applied for?

Is there a huge age difference?

There must be something that made them think this. Or, of course, you could get that lone jacka$$ CO who wants to make life difficult. I have only heard of one other JA filer who HAD to be at the interview. There was something wonky about their relationship that made them do it, though. I think the relationship was fairly new when they filed.

Odd that the CO didn't look at anything. This is the main reason I say there must be something that set the CO off to do this.

I hate to say it;but if they request the presence of the filer, it is going to seem very odd if she doesn't show up. Grounds for denial.

Uh-oh, is having an age difference a huge red flag when it is my SO that is older than me by 11 years?

Sometimes.

I don't consider 11 years to be a huge difference.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good evening ladies...

Tierra met Louis when I did. When Louis would come to my apartment and hang out we spent the evenings talking but we made sure Tierra was alseep before he came over. We would sit on the balcony for hours! Then a few weeks later we all started hanging out together. She LOVES Louis. Actually said more than me .. but only cause "I am old and Louis is new"... Tierra had never met a boyfriend of mine before. I was lucky and things fell into place with Louis. Louis also took being in her life very seriously. He knew if he was going to hang with both of us he better be committed.

Tierra's father didnt want me to take her to St Lucia either.. but the judge busted him and realized his jealousy. She said it would be a wonderful experience for Tierra and she new I wasn't trying to steal her from him... mind you Tierra wasn't having any visitation with him at the time and he never paid me a dime. (I can actually count the $ he has given me on my fingers).

.... my experience

Thanks girl..isn't it funny how thos daddy's can pop in and out when its convenient..the nerve to object to babygirl going to St Lucia when u ain't even contributed for her trip to the dentist!!!!!!!!!

I have a younger daughter too.. she is like a firecracker..She NEVER meets a stranger and gets along w/ EVERYBODY.. I too thought it a good idea only to introduce my girls to men that would be for the most part long term fixtures in their lives..

Oh this last time he had the nerve to call my best friend and question her about Louis... He told her ... "I know Catherine leaves her with the NATIVES and goes out with Louis"!!!! LOL .. I am thinking... THE NATIVES???? He is crazy!!

He is worse than any child! Jealousy is a B*%#$!

:rofl: The natives!!! haha, what is this 1492?!!

I picture Louis in a loin cloth! ... hey not bad! :rofl:

:rofl: some people can be so ignorant!

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Timeline
SUS, I put your numbers in my phone, then I took the chip out to put a DIgicel chip in there to use in JA.

I was wondering what happened to you! I did go to the festival - for all of 5 minutes, LOL! It supposedly started at 10 am - we went at 4:30 - no cover yet, 1 food vendor, 1 craft vendor, 1 Avon lady, and 1 DJ - about 30 people standing around. A friend went around 7:30 - same experience, but they paid $200JA each, and the food vendor was outta crabs!

Timeline

Okay, Mrs. P - Negril suggestions for you:

Food -

Kuyaba - excellent breakfast and dinner, beautiful and romantic

Errols - great yawd food on the beach

Miss Sonia - great patties and yawd food, on the main road, Morass side

Ricks - great to see once - don't bother eating there, food is ridiculous, drinks are high and watered, and they can pad your bill

LTU Pub - Better spot to see the sunset, just past Ricks on the cliff - Romantic, excellent food, strolling musician, and Cheap! Dinner for 2 was around $25 with drinks -

Chicken Lavash - great food on the cliffs

Hungry Lion - Vegetarian on the cliffs

Barbbarn - on the beach, great food

Mom's Place - on the beach at the entrance to Barrys - great Cheap food and $100 Red Stripes

Travellers - has a buffet on Sun am - 2 for 1 drinks a few nights a week

Seastar - Buffet supper on night (on the cliffs)

Normas at Seasplash - High end, yummy!

The Rockhouse - Expensive but good

Miss Gem (the fruit lady) and Neville) the Patty man on the beach - sweetest people, and great stuff

Miss Patsy - Near to the Cigar King - Excellent massage, wonderful lady

Nightlife:

Sun, Tues, Fri - Live music at Alfreds on the Beach

Thurs or Sat = The Jungle - ladies night on Thurs, ladies free before Midnight

Mon - Usually Roots Bamboo or Bourbon Beach if something is going on

Weds - Usually something at Bourbon Beach - look for the flyers

Late night -

23/7 on the beach, Miyard on the cliffs - Scrub a dub if you are feeling frisky ;)

Map with locations of everything:

http://www.negrilinfo.com/sitebuilderconte...icamap42008.pdf

Timeline
well just to make u feel a little better Quana...Kimora our daughter is my husband's bilogical daughter..However, when he got here let me tell it was a world wind with them..by this time she was just about 2....we travelled to JA all the time upon til she was about 15mths or so....she refused to listen to him, look at him, when he touches me its a problem..but this is only when i'm around..when there alone she is fabulous..all that to sat give them time...and time together does wonders compared to time apart..and ur EX saying things to give her preconceived notions about JA and ur hubby doesn't help but kids are no fool and she will see the lite...and by the grace of God it will be jjust fine....

thanks girl.. that is what I think too..

that must have been hard for your husband, feeling like a stranger with his daughter, but u know alot of kids are just "sometimey" like that, its like "oh, ok this is your other personality, well call me

when the nice one comes back!"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Quana..girl yuh ave no idea...i was stuck in the middle....until i realized i didn't have to "protect" her from him...it was quite strange...and i'm glad he didn't work so he was home with her..took her to the park out stuff like that. Now as soon as she hear the keys in the door she is on top of the table screaming daddy..and where is her daddy and all this..just time..keep praying..and pray for ur EX too they make me sick more time..putting kids in the middle of things

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I was wondering what happened to you! I did go to the festival - for all of 5 minutes, LOL! It supposedly started at 10 am - we went at 4:30 - no cover yet, 1 food vendor, 1 craft vendor, 1 Avon lady, and 1 DJ - about 30 people standing around. A friend went around 7:30 - same experience, but they paid $200JA each, and the food vendor was outta crabs!

welcome back ladies.

sus I missed your meez girl, mi tink she a do di "raging bull" dance tidey!!

yah ear it?? "Raging..Raging bull!!" (i hold up my imaginary matador cloth while sus's meez run through it) BULLET! BULLET!

LMAO

Timeline
Mi cyaan even tink bout what di price fi gas will be in a month or two. Unfortunately I live in NC and there isn't much by way of public transportation except for the bus--which I would ride except the nature of my job won't allow it (I do a lot of home visits and going to various places in the community as a case manager). That's one thing I miss about living in the MD/DC/VA area...I used to loooove taking the metro! I hope to be able to move next summer to ATL, and I know their transit system is better.

On a lighter note--I leave for Negril in a week!! I can't wait to see my wonderful husband!! :dance::dance::dance:

Good afternoon all!!

I feel u all on the gas woes.. we haven't reached $4 yet, but it will be there before we know it here in Dallas. But, gotta do what I gotta do. I keep hearing them mention this 4 day week for govt workers, but I know I will find SOMEWHERE to go that 5th day so I might as well stick w/ my 8 hour days..

My friends are coming back from their mobay/negril trip (they always rent a car and head to either ochi or negril) I couldn't go this year but can't wait to hear about all their escapades.

I know most of u ladies are yaadies from bawn, but for any others..How did ur children feel about u having a SO from Jamaica?? my daugh is quite rigid. she is not very open to things and doesnt like for her boat to be rocked.. It doesnt help that she is a DADDY's girl and he is very open about his dislike for JA.. I would like to think that whatever made me happy would make her happy HOWEVER, I have been a parent long enough to know that is not gonna be true in our case.. Now my youngest would be cool, but my oldest?? not so much LOL. any experiences???

YUH TELL THE RAAS PICKNEY GYAL TO STOP TWIST UP SHE NOSE!! :angry: Just kidding, I know what you mean though. Is she a teen? Its like teens have the mentality of an 80 year old sometime "cyaan rock dem boat, cyaan deal wit change, don't like nothing dem kno nothin about"...cho! I think its gonna have to be a work in progress. But she first will need to learn a lesson about diversity and realize that the WORLD is not just her immediate surroundings, but a vast diverse land with many many people...all of who God made and loves. She probably just needs a little more exposure to things that are not in her comfort zone...to see the way others live and then that could give her some perspespective as to how small her "world" really is. :star:

LOL.. nuh Lita yuh dead on bout dis gyal ere.. She got it honest cuz I was the same wey growing up, so u are right.. its important that I expose her to different things. Something as lil as dinner is a fight with this one, "i don't like peppers..are these onions..this don't look right" LOL CHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is 10, but believe me 10 is the new 16.. I am only 29, but I feel like I am 50 around her, Nothing I say or do is acceptable.

Jomo, tanks for di input. I hope she warms up like your lil girl did.. when the time comes LOL

Oh, honey......if you think 10 is fun, wait a few more years. Add some PMS to all that attitude and you will get a taste of the hell I am in right now with mine. She can be the sweetest child one minute and then grow 3 more heads the next.

DWL!!!

I know JG.. this is why I am tripping cuz I am not SUPPOSED to be going through this yet!!! Times are moving too fast. I knew it was coming, no doubt, but the first time she sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes I was like, "but ur only 9 yrs old, NOT YET!! NOT YET!!.. :blink:

and JG.. girl I forgot about PMS.. i got 2 girls, OH NO!! :crying::crying:

Well I guess then I can let their daddy have that custody he has been hollering about.. :devil: Just kidding

Timeline
Louis has his visa!! YAYAYAY!

:dance::dance::dance:

Buying ticket NOW!!

Congrats!! :thumbs: You guys should be the poster children for smooth and speedy in the VJ process! :star:

Where are you in Maine? I'm planning my annual trip to Old Orchard right now.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.