Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gas is a little over $4 here and my car cost me almost $60 to fill up cause I was lazy to drive to the gas station. I have to buy 93 octane as the manufacturer suggests or it will damage my engine. When my car gets to 1/2 tank I try to fill it up. I also get discounted gas at Costco, BJ's or walmart by using their membership card

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well just to make u feel a little better Quana...Kimora our daughter is my husband's bilogical daughter..However, when he got here let me tell it was a world wind with them..by this time she was just about 2....we travelled to JA all the time upon til she was about 15mths or so....she refused to listen to him, look at him, when he touches me its a problem..but this is only when i'm around..when there alone she is fabulous..all that to sat give them time...and time together does wonders compared to time apart..and ur EX saying things to give her preconceived notions about JA and ur hubby doesn't help but kids are no fool and she will see the lite...and by the grace of God it will be jjust fine....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good evening ladies...

Tierra met Louis when I did. When Louis would come to my apartment and hang out we spent the evenings talking but we made sure Tierra was alseep before he came over. We would sit on the balcony for hours! Then a few weeks later we all started hanging out together. She LOVES Louis. Actually said more than me .. but only cause "I am old and Louis is new"... Tierra had never met a boyfriend of mine before. I was lucky and things fell into place with Louis. Louis also took being in her life very seriously. He knew if he was going to hang with both of us he better be committed.

Tierra's father didnt want me to take her to St Lucia either.. but the judge busted him and realized his jealousy. She said it would be a wonderful experience for Tierra and she new I wasn't trying to steal her from him... mind you Tierra wasn't having any visitation with him at the time and he never paid me a dime. (I can actually count the $ he has given me on my fingers).

.... my experience

Thanks girl..isn't it funny how thos daddy's can pop in and out when its convenient..the nerve to object to babygirl going to St Lucia when u ain't even contributed for her trip to the dentist!!!!!!!!!

I have a younger daughter too.. she is like a firecracker..She NEVER meets a stranger and gets along w/ EVERYBODY.. I too thought it a good idea only to introduce my girls to men that would be for the most part long term fixtures in their lives..

Oh this last time he had the nerve to call my best friend and question her about Louis... He told her ... "I know Catherine leaves her with the NATIVES and goes out with Louis"!!!! LOL .. I am thinking... THE NATIVES???? He is crazy!!

He is worse than any child! Jealousy is a B*%#$!

:rofl: The natives!!! haha, what is this 1492?!!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Good evening ladies...

Tierra met Louis when I did. When Louis would come to my apartment and hang out we spent the evenings talking but we made sure Tierra was alseep before he came over. We would sit on the balcony for hours! Then a few weeks later we all started hanging out together. She LOVES Louis. Actually said more than me .. but only cause "I am old and Louis is new"... Tierra had never met a boyfriend of mine before. I was lucky and things fell into place with Louis. Louis also took being in her life very seriously. He knew if he was going to hang with both of us he better be committed.

Tierra's father didnt want me to take her to St Lucia either.. but the judge busted him and realized his jealousy. She said it would be a wonderful experience for Tierra and she new I wasn't trying to steal her from him... mind you Tierra wasn't having any visitation with him at the time and he never paid me a dime. (I can actually count the $ he has given me on my fingers).

.... my experience

Thanks girl..isn't it funny how thos daddy's can pop in and out when its convenient..the nerve to object to babygirl going to St Lucia when u ain't even contributed for her trip to the dentist!!!!!!!!!

I have a younger daughter too.. she is like a firecracker..She NEVER meets a stranger and gets along w/ EVERYBODY.. I too thought it a good idea only to introduce my girls to men that would be for the most part long term fixtures in their lives..

Oh this last time he had the nerve to call my best friend and question her about Louis... He told her ... "I know Catherine leaves her with the NATIVES and goes out with Louis"!!!! LOL .. I am thinking... THE NATIVES???? He is crazy!!

He is worse than any child! Jealousy is a B*%#$!

:rofl: The natives!!! haha, what is this 1492?!!

I picture Louis in a loin cloth! ... hey not bad! :rofl:

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Timeline
lawny wah yuh kinda van yuh..it cost mi 60 rass dollar fi full up fi mi camry..a wah dis...mek mi know deh please..and dat deh fool wid im $5..how far him ketch b4 him bruk dung... :lol:

I have the Sienna. I refill my tank when it gets to quarter. My dad is a mechanic and he always told me don't let you tank get too close to empty. Mi naw give up mi minivan..it can hold 8 people and mi buy cause mi did tiyah a di rent van everytime we drive to New York, Florida or ATL. I had a pathfinder and dat rass drink too much gas so mi sell eeh. Posted it on craigslist and it was gone the next day.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

VETSSSSSS where are you I have a question.

My friend's fiance had his interview April 1st and was placed on AP...now, they've been calling and calling to find out where the visa is and is told that it's still in AP. He gets a call, then a letter from the Embassy requesting that he had to bring the petitioner to the interview which is scheduled for June 24th same day as mine. I looked over her file and all the things that were submitted is more than enough proof. They didn't even look at their pictures or phone bills or e-mails...nothing (as proof). I don't know how much more proof they could want. They've been together 3 years and have a child. That's strange. Anyone else get a request from the embassy that they had to attend the 2nd interview with the benificary? I told her to get a note to the embassy that she can't fly because she's pregnant. I can't believe they would hold it up so long. It's two months. I told her to e-mail the embassy and FIRMLY tell them that she's under doctor's care and cannot fly. Any suggestions other than that? I wish they had told me about this earlier. She just thought that was the normal procedure.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Mi cyaan even tink bout what di price fi gas will be in a month or two. Unfortunately I live in NC and there isn't much by way of public transportation except for the bus--which I would ride except the nature of my job won't allow it (I do a lot of home visits and going to various places in the community as a case manager). That's one thing I miss about living in the MD/DC/VA area...I used to loooove taking the metro! I hope to be able to move next summer to ATL, and I know their transit system is better.

On a lighter note--I leave for Negril in a week!! I can't wait to see my wonderful husband!! :dance::dance::dance:

Good afternoon all!!

I feel u all on the gas woes.. we haven't reached $4 yet, but it will be there before we know it here in Dallas. But, gotta do what I gotta do. I keep hearing them mention this 4 day week for govt workers, but I know I will find SOMEWHERE to go that 5th day so I might as well stick w/ my 8 hour days..

My friends are coming back from their mobay/negril trip (they always rent a car and head to either ochi or negril) I couldn't go this year but can't wait to hear about all their escapades.

I know most of u ladies are yaadies from bawn, but for any others..How did ur children feel about u having a SO from Jamaica?? my daugh is quite rigid. she is not very open to things and doesnt like for her boat to be rocked.. It doesnt help that she is a DADDY's girl and he is very open about his dislike for JA.. I would like to think that whatever made me happy would make her happy HOWEVER, I have been a parent long enough to know that is not gonna be true in our case.. Now my youngest would be cool, but my oldest?? not so much LOL. any experiences???

YUH TELL THE RAAS PICKNEY GYAL TO STOP TWIST UP SHE NOSE!! :angry: Just kidding, I know what you mean though. Is she a teen? Its like teens have the mentality of an 80 year old sometime "cyaan rock dem boat, cyaan deal wit change, don't like nothing dem kno nothin about"...cho! I think its gonna have to be a work in progress. But she first will need to learn a lesson about diversity and realize that the WORLD is not just her immediate surroundings, but a vast diverse land with many many people...all of who God made and loves. She probably just needs a little more exposure to things that are not in her comfort zone...to see the way others live and then that could give her some perspespective as to how small her "world" really is. :star:

LOL.. nuh Lita yuh dead on bout dis gyal ere.. She got it honest cuz I was the same wey growing up, so u are right.. its important that I expose her to different things. Something as lil as dinner is a fight with this one, "i don't like peppers..are these onions..this don't look right" LOL CHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is 10, but believe me 10 is the new 16.. I am only 29, but I feel like I am 50 around her, Nothing I say or do is acceptable.

Jomo, tanks for di input. I hope she warms up like your lil girl did.. when the time comes LOL

Oh, honey......if you think 10 is fun, wait a few more years. Add some PMS to all that attitude and you will get a taste of the hell I am in right now with mine. She can be the sweetest child one minute and then grow 3 more heads the next.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
lawny wah yuh kinda van yuh..it cost mi 60 rass dollar fi full up fi mi camry..a wah dis...mek mi know deh please..and dat deh fool wid im $5..how far him ketch b4 him bruk dung... :lol:

$60 for real? I would not have guessed. It cost me $69 to fill up my Jeep the other day. I nearly died.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

My friend's fiance had his interview April 1st and was placed on AP...now, they've been calling and calling to find out where the visa is and is told that it's still in AP. He gets a call, then a letter from the Embassy requesting that he had to bring the petitioner to the interview which is scheduled for June 24th same day as mine. I looked over her file and all the things that were submitted is more than enough proof. They didn't even look at their pictures or phone bills or e-mails...nothing (as proof). I don't know how much more proof they could want. They've been together 3 years and have a child. That's strange. Anyone else get a request from the embassy that they had to attend the 2nd interview with the benificary? I told her to get a note to the embassy that she can't fly because she's pregnant. I can't believe they would hold it up so long. It's two months. I told her to e-mail the embassy and FIRMLY tell them that she's under doctor's care and cannot fly. Any suggestions other than that? I wish they had told me about this earlier. She just thought that was the normal procedure.

Let's clarify just a bit here, Tre.

Has one of them applied for/been applied for?

Is there a huge age difference?

There must be something that made them think this. Or, of course, you could get that lone jacka$$ CO who wants to make life difficult. I have only heard of one other JA filer who HAD to be at the interview. There was something wonky about their relationship that made them do it, though. I think the relationship was fairly new when they filed.

Odd that the CO didn't look at anything. This is the main reason I say there must be something that set the CO off to do this.

I hate to say it;but if they request the presence of the filer, it is going to seem very odd if she doesn't show up. Grounds for denial.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Let's clarify just a bit here, Tre.

Has one of them applied for/been applied for? NEVER

Is there a huge age difference? They're the same age 38

There must be something that made them think this. Or, of course, you could get that lone jacka$$ CO who wants to make life difficult. I have only heard of one other JA filer who HAD to be at the interview. There was something wonky about their relationship that made them do it, though. I think the relationship was fairly new when they filed.

Odd that the CO didn't look at anything. This is the main reason I say there must be something that set the CO off to do this. Her fiance said the lady was very RUDE. He was told he was approved and they took his passport, so I don't understand that.

I hate to say it;but if they request the presence of the filer, it is going to seem very odd if she doesn't show up. Grounds for denial. But she can't fly. She's on bedrest. I told her to get letter to the embassy or get her congress person involoved (do something, but she says it's hard for her to even get out of bed). She have her co-workers helping her and I'm going down this weekend. This is ridiculous. You can't be on bed rest and taking care of a toddler, it's very difficult..let alone plan a trip to Jamaica.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

They took his passport? That is very odd. I've never heard them doing it unless approved.

How long ago was the initial interview? I'd have her calling that embassy to clarify. Also, to explain her situation and ask them exactly what they want to ensure he is approved next time. A letter from the doctor should probably do it. But make sure.

Sometimes these CO's are so power hungry mean.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Finally back.....damn this 'vacation' was like NOTHING I've ever had before....Had to deal with my family and my hubby's fighting and arguing over the baby, Air Jamaica cancelled our flight, we came back a day late.....BUT checked our mailbox at 3am and my green card was in there! :dance:

Here's a story for all you guys.

Came through BWI with AP documents for me and my son, we had to go to secondary immigration.

I was talking to the officers, telling them I wanted to do immigration when I became a citizen, they were asking about my job in the UK.

There was this girl there who was pregnant.

Tru mi fass, mi did a lissen......

They were for whatever reason asking her about her visit here.

She had a visitor's visa, last visit was for two weeks in September.

They asked her why she was here, she said for a high school graduation and visiting her sister. They asked her when she was due and then asked where the unborn baby's father was.

She said he lived in Mobay. So, they went out and checked with her sister, they came back in and asked her why her sister said her boyfriend lived HERE in the states. She said it was an ex. They asked if she was going to get married here and other stuff. Asked her when she was due as well.

Anyway, they searched her case etc and then told her on this occasion they were going to admit her. She started asking them why was she stopped and rae rae, until one of the officers was saying if she wanted to argue, he could reconsider admitting her.

Anyways, I came out when she was still there and her sister who was waiting asked me if I came off the Jamaica flight and asked if I'd seen her sister. I said yes etc..The sister then started cussing about how she didn't know why her sister lied about having a boyfriend in the states etc

The sister finally came out and they went.

We were waiting for my in laws to come (whole NEXT story!) and I was thinking it would be quicker to rent a car and drive home. Was walking around looking for car rental info and the immigration officer who I was chatting with about wanting to do immigration came out on his way home.

He said 'What would YOU have done with that girl?"

I said I would have denied her entry on the fact she and her sister had conflicting stories.

He said 'WRONG!'

He said, let her in and see what happens.

If she gets married, her AOS will be DENIED on the basis of her telling them that she WASN'T here to get married and she would be banned.

He said if she goes back down and then tries to enter again, she won't be admitted by any officer because of the notes in the system.

I was like damnnnnnnnnnnnnn.........

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

They took his passport? That is very odd. I've never heard them doing it unless approved.

How long ago was the initial interview? I'd have her calling that embassy to clarify. Also, to explain her situation and ask them exactly what they want to ensure he is approved next time. A letter from the doctor should probably do it. But make sure.

Sometimes these CO's are so power hungry mean.

His interview was April 1st. He was told that he was approved and they took his passport. When she called DOS she was told that they were in AP and she thought that the 2 month wait was normal and I was like HELL NO! They're very patient people, but I was like come on now. We're on hold with DOS now. She had not called them in a few weeks.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

You see it, JAE..............They aren't as stupid as everyone seems to think they are at POE.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Finally back.....damn this 'vacation' was like NOTHING I've ever had before....Had to deal with my family and my hubby's fighting and arguing over the baby, Air Jamaica cancelled our flight, we came back a day late.....BUT checked our mailbox at 3am and my green card was in there! :dance:

Here's a story for all you guys.

Came through BWI with AP documents for me and my son, we had to go to secondary immigration.

I was talking to the officers, telling them I wanted to do immigration when I became a citizen, they were asking about my job in the UK.

There was this girl there who was pregnant.

Tru mi fass, mi did a lissen......

They were for whatever reason asking her about her visit here.

She had a visitor's visa, last visit was for two weeks in September.

They asked her why she was here, she said for a high school graduation and visiting her sister. They asked her when she was due and then asked where the unborn baby's father was.

She said he lived in Mobay. So, they went out and checked with her sister, they came back in and asked her why her sister said her boyfriend lived HERE in the states. She said it was an ex. They asked if she was going to get married here and other stuff. Asked her when she was due as well.

Anyway, they searched her case etc and then told her on this occasion they were going to admit her. She started asking them why was she stopped and rae rae, until one of the officers was saying if she wanted to argue, he could reconsider admitting her.

Anyways, I came out when she was still there and her sister who was waiting asked me if I came off the Jamaica flight and asked if I'd seen her sister. I said yes etc..The sister then started cussing about how she didn't know why her sister lied about having a boyfriend in the states etc

The sister finally came out and they went.

We were waiting for my in laws to come (whole NEXT story!) and I was thinking it would be quicker to rent a car and drive home. Was walking around looking for car rental info and the immigration officer who I was chatting with about wanting to do immigration came out on his way home.

He said 'What would YOU have done with that girl?"

I said I would have denied her entry on the fact she and her sister had conflicting stories.

He said 'WRONG!'

He said, let her in and see what happens.

If she gets married, her AOS will be DENIED on the basis of her telling them that she WASN'T here to get married and she would be banned.

He said if she goes back down and then tries to enter again, she won't be admitted by any officer because of the notes in the system.I was like damnnnnnnnnnnnnn.........

HELL YEAH they keep notes in the system. When I came back in April, they asked me if I had fun in Trelawny. I was like YES! then I thought, did I tell them I was going to Trelawny or did I tell them I had family in Trelawny...who knows. I think the only time I mentioned Trelawny was when I was going through immgration in Montego Bay. Glad you back SAFELY English wid you FASS SELF :rofl:

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.