Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WAKEY;

I've always cut coupons from I was a little girl. I did it for my mom and it just followed me into adulthood. I save about $135 a month using coupons. I saved a little more when my son was younger, roughly $185 a month. Call me the COUPON QUEEN....my friends would always laugh calling me an old woman, but this old lady was saving $$$$$$....I NEVER, NEVER buy things full price. Every car I've brought, I've never paid the asking price. Either work with me or I'm walking. If you're patient you'll mostly get what you want. If you have a high balance on your credit cards, call and have the lower your interest rate and tell them you want that done so you can pay the balance off quicker. You can ask to have your payment dates changed on many things. I like nice things, but refuse to pay an arm and a leg for it. I'll rahter do without.

I think my neighbor may give you a run for your money. That man saves more money then anyone I've ever seen. He does have an internet site he downloads from on my computer. If I remember to look at home this weekend, I'll post it.

I rarely use coupons because I normally shop where I can get things the cheapest......our local farmer's market, Aldi, Wal-Mart, etc. I haven't bought a new to me used car in 8 years, so I can't comment on that. I utilize all my friends who work somewhere and get employee discounts, and if I know someone who can perform a service, I utilize them too.....My dad's a locksmith, brother's a mechanic, etc.

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
WAKEY;

I've always cut coupons from I was a little girl. I did it for my mom and it just followed me into adulthood. I save about $135 a month using coupons. I saved a little more when my son was younger, roughly $185 a month. Call me the COUPON QUEEN....my friends would always laugh calling me an old woman, but this old lady was saving $$$$$$....I NEVER, NEVER buy things full price. Every car I've brought, I've never paid the asking price. Either work with me or I'm walking. If you're patient you'll mostly get what you want. If you have a high balance on your credit cards, call and have the lower your interest rate and tell them you want that done so you can pay the balance off quicker. You can ask to have your payment dates changed on many things. I like nice things, but refuse to pay an arm and a leg for it. I'll rahter do without.

I think my neighbor may give you a run for your money. That man saves more money then anyone I've ever seen. He does have an internet site he downloads from on my computer. If I remember to look at home this weekend, I'll post it.

I rarely use coupons because I normally shop where I can get things the cheapest......our local farmer's market, Aldi, Wal-Mart, etc. I haven't bought a new to me used car in 8 years, so I can't comment on that. I utilize all my friends who work somewhere and get employee discounts, and if I know someone who can perform a service, I utilize them too.....My dad's a locksmith, brother's a mechanic, etc.

I'm the same way. I shop at the Amish markets way cheaper on veggies and fruits. Last week I paid $2.00 for a large watermelon. My aunt is a CPA and she teaches a personal finance class at the local community center. She told me to use my credit card to pay for everything for a month...and I mean everything. You will get a better idea of how carelessly you spend your money. You'll also have a better idea of what you're spending you're money on and how much you're actually spending. It's hard to keep track of cash, but once you get a handle on it...it should become a little easier. I took me 2 months and it was a lesson well learned. My aunt says we have to learn the difference about what you WANT and what you actually NEED.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Tre....I paid 58 cents for 4 tomatoes last night and you would've thought I won a Pultizer the way I was carrying on.

Credit cards are the devil. I use other ways to track our spending. I do get what you mean though.

Anyone have someone close to them graduate from a Jamaican high school lately? I have a question for you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Timeline

I think that's my issue, I clip coupons, but I shop at discount stores like Aldi and Savo-lot too...So I really don't ever get around to using my coupons, that and then I forget I have them, but yeah you can save lots of money.

My aunt says we have to learn the difference about what you WANT and what you actually NEED.

Bowy have I been taught that lesson....over and over and over

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I start my first Master's course.....I'm excited! :dance: It's an online course :unsure: couldn't be too hard? Right?

anyways wish me luck!!

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Taking a break from my final few days of Stat 2 (Mon is the final day) to check in - unnu love chat! Try mi a try fi read back an mi cyaan dweet inna wan day. Hope everyone is doing well :yes:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Waagwan yaardies! The hubby and I will be in Negril in 2 weeks...I've never been...he hasn't been in a couple of years...anybody got any suggestions as to any activities or places to see while there?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Waagwan yaardies! The hubby and I will be in Negril in 2 weeks...I've never been...he hasn't been in a couple of years...anybody got any suggestions as to any activities or places to see while there?

I love Rick's Cafe and there's fish place let me see if I can find the name....I don't do much I Negril...when I want to get away that's where I go...it's quiet...to tell you the truth, I've met more people from other countries in Negril than any other tourist spots in Jamaica...good food, good drinks and great conversations

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

I love Rick's Cafe and there's fish place let me see if I can find the name....I don't do much I Negril...when I want to get away that's where I go...it's quiet...to tell you the truth, I've met more people from other countries in Negril than any other tourist spots in Jamaica...good food, good drinks and great conversations

Tre, do you know how to you the text message to digicel on your computer? I would love to be able to send text via computer rather than cell phone.

Also I found my wedding dress at Davidson Bridal, but I had them to cut it off at the top of my kness, because I was getting married in Jamaica and I wanted to show my leggs. AS they say, if you have assest show them. He loved the the dress. At first everyone was like why don't you want a long white dress, I was like, I wanted him to see everything he was getting on his wedding day. My dress was a very pale yellow and fit evey curve I had, It was beautiful. Our wedding day was so much fun. We both teased each other on our wedding day about what we both was bringing to the table as far as our assest. When the preacher said does anyone object to this marriage we both looked out of the church door. Everyone was laughing. I play it over in my mind everyday, so I don't get so lonely without him. AT times like this I want to shout from the mountain top " I love my Jamaica Husband"

Be Bless

Roxcie

Be Bless

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Tre, do you know how to you the text message to digicel on your computer? I would love to be able to send text via computer rather than cell phone.

Also I found my wedding dress at Davidson Bridal, but I had them to cut it off at the top of my kness, because I was getting married in Jamaica and I wanted to show my leggs. AS they say, if you have assest show them. He loved the the dress. At first everyone was like why don't you want a long white dress, I was like, I wanted him to see everything he was getting on his wedding day. My dress was a very pale yellow and fit evey curve I had, It was beautiful. Our wedding day was so much fun. We both teased each other on our wedding day about what we both was bringing to the table as far as our assest. When the preacher said does anyone object to this marriage we both looked out of the church door. Everyone was laughing. I play it over in my mind everyday, so I don't get so lonely without him. AT times like this I want to shout from the mountain top " I love my Jamaica Husband"

Be Bless

Roxcie

Be Bless

I send text messages all the time to Louis through the digicel website. I go to www.digicelstlucia.com so I assume you would just go to www.digiceljamaica.com?? I also had a digicel phone so I still use that one to log in. I would register your man's cell # and send texts that way. It would be like he was getting a text from himself but hey - it works! :-) I think they allow you 30 texts a month or something like that.

Ok I just went to www.digiceljamaica.com and there is an option right on the home page that says "send a text from your PC". Register with his number and go ahead!

Hope that helps.

Cat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Be Bless

Roxcie

Be Bless

I send text messages all the time to Louis through the digicel website. I go to www.digicelstlucia.com so I assume you would just go to www.digiceljamaica.com?? I also had a digicel phone so I still use that one to log in. I would register your man's cell # and send texts that way. It would be like he was getting a text from himself but hey - it works! :-) I think they allow you 30 texts a month or something like that.

Ok I just went to www.digiceljamaica.com and there is an option right on the home page that says "send a text from your PC". Register with his number and go ahead!

Hope that helps.

Cat

Cat, thank you so much you are a life saver. I like that fact that I can send text straight from my computer since I am on it all day long. I will try it out now.

Thanks

Be Bless

Roxcie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Fam....just stopping through to say hello. Dave's adjusting nicely so far and says he's enjoying all the new things he's learning. He's still pretty amazed at how many rules we have for driving up here (LOL) but other than that...things are cool. My family has been really supportive and even found him a couple odd jobs he can do until he's on his feet. We went to the mall yesterday and he told me "babe, I can get like 2 or 3 jobs in here alone!" LOLLLL We just both laughed and went on our way. :lol:

For all of you traveling back to JA this week or who have SO's coming here, I wish u safe travels and good luck with all those up and coming interviews!

CONGRATS to IRIE CAT and MARVSGIRL for your recent Visa Approvals :dance::dance:

TRELAWNY...I'll be looking for your call in a couple weeks (smile) ;)

Have a good weekend everyone!

T

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WAKEY;

I'm the same way. I shop at the Amish markets way cheaper on veggies and fruits. Last week I paid $2.00 for a large watermelon. My aunt is a CPA and she teaches a personal finance class at the local community center. She told me to use my credit card to pay for everything for a month...and I mean everything. You will get a better idea of how carelessly you spend your money. You'll also have a better idea of what you're spending you're money on and how much you're actually spending. It's hard to keep track of cash, but once you get a handle on it...it should become a little easier. I took me 2 months and it was a lesson well learned. My aunt says we have to learn the difference about what you WANT and what you actually NEED.

We track all our money on mint.com

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.