Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm worried that's how our ceremony will be. Mom is not really saying anything bad she just gets real quiet whenever I mention plans. I think she is still hoping and praying that I'm just going through something. NOT

:ot: I was listening to a talk radio show and they were discussing Male and Female roles in a successful romantic relationship.

A Jamaican woman came on and said that the reason our relationships don't last is because woman try to be equal to the man in the relationship. She said that woman could be respected but never considered equal to a man. She gave examples of what she meant by saying we "women" should never pass gas around a man, never let him know when you have a monthly, or never let him know when you go to "doodie" etc. She said all Jamaican women are taught this and that why their relationships last.

What are your thoughts?

Wakey

Hey Wakey,

I disagree with that woman.

When I was 18 my Mom died of Breast Cancer. In her final years the way my father took care of his wife too this day leaves me with tears. It was nothing for him to bath her...help her use the toilet... shave her legs, underarms and other places he knew she like to keep trim. Honestly, do things that even I as a daughter don't know if I would have felt comfortable doing. It was during that time although I had only rarely seen my parents kiss in public...that I understood the depth of love he had for this woman. To me...that was LOVE.

When I met Ken for good or bad...we agreed to keep 'it' real! Now, I know that saying is very cliche right now...but I honestly have been nothing but honest with Ken from the very beginning of our relationship. He respects it and says how refreshing it is to have a woman speak her mind and be 'human'. However, I am honest but not hurtful...I'll find a nice way to say or do what I have to say...but you can best believe I'm going to say or do it.

I also look at Ken as my equal...I'm no better than him, as he is no better than me! It's not about rying to one-up your partner anyway...it's about finding a level that you can both hold a respected balance and work through this thing called marriage.

Hell, this month I asked Ken to go to the store and pick up some 'Always' fuh me. He started laughing and said "Bwoy Gill yuh different from alota ooman I know!" I asked him if he felt a way picking them up and he said "Ah nuh nuttin dat! Yuh feel henny way when yuh haffi pick hup deh condoms?" Not to mention when I had to curl my hair and he was 'dooding' - He couldn't stop laughing and saying " I've never had hennywan inna deh toilet when mi a sh..." I just looked at him and laughed and say welcome to our life!" He gave me a pound(BEFORE he wiped :lol: ) and he did his thing and I curled my hair.

It depends upon the man and the relationship...different things work for different people. But for us ...Honesty and openess has been the best policy! Wakey, you and your Boo will find your own happy medium... of that I have no doubt!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Sweet. Perfectly put.

I cannot tell you how many times hubby has walked in on my trying to do the #2!! When I say can I get some privacy or pretend to be modest, his reply is.....I'm your husband..or aren't you mi wife? dems tings natural :lol: or something to that affect.

Dat wha we do. Dwayne always come i da bathroom and he say dem tings natural too. Now we hold a hole conversation in dere no matta

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

goodnight everyone..computer not working at home again..ARGGHHH!! :wacko::angry:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
goodnight everyone..computer not working at home again..ARGGHHH!! :wacko::angry:

Night Chica...have a good one!!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Good evenin' everyone. I got a chance to talk to Louis for a minute or 2... I think he is "letting loose"!!

He said they only asked him for the "official stuff" like the DS this and that.. then made him raise his right hand and swear...blah blah. Didn't ask him for ANY proof of relationship. Then he was told "congratulations you have a 6 month visa".... It was a female co... I know she couldn't resist the smile and he also said he was "wearing his sweet smelling rasta oil"... :rofl:

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

congratulation's!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Cat, your dreams have finally started coming through.

Heeelllooo yardie fam. Got back from yaad this morning and is still suffering from jet lag even though I stayed overnight in FL. AJ had a 2 hour delay and I got in at 12am and had to turn around and catch my 530am flight. I am so hyped, I can't sleep. Need to try hard because I have to get back to the grind in the morning.

Catch you all in the morrows.

Love

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Heeelllooo yardie fam. Got back from yaad this morning and is still suffering from jet lag even though I stayed overnight in FL. AJ had a 2 hour delay and I got in at 12am and had to turn around and catch my 530am flight. I am so hyped, I can't sleep. Need to try hard because I have to get back to the grind in the morning.

Love

Claire

WELCOME HOME CLAIREY!!!!!! Glad to hear yuh had a good time!! :thumbs:

Bless,Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline
OMG.....I just imagined a talk show based on the stuff we talk about on here....with us as guests. I made myself spit soda out of my nose! Can you imagine?

JG --

I'll be on that show. I'd like to be on the show with the topic "our men who shave their (*****) hairs.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Love

Claire

Welcome back Claire;

My friend did not leave montego bay until 8pm the other day got into Baltimore after midnight...she said she was about to lose her mind. That's why I always pack extra snacks.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

need to VENT!...........just called Nissan to cancel my service contract because I sold my truck and the woman on the phone is giving me HELL! Now, I'm about 2 seconds from cussing her A$$ out her out, but I'm trying to be nice and polite, but I'm going to lose it. I told her 6 times I sold the truck, she wants to know why I'm cancelling it...asked for a supervisor and he's a BIGGER DUMBA$$....hands in the air digusted......

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is when I say because I want to. It's really none of your business. I've had to do that with the telephone company a few times.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
OMG.....I just imagined a talk show based on the stuff we talk about on here....with us as guests. I made myself spit soda out of my nose! Can you imagine?

JG --

I'll be on that show. I'd like to be on the show with the topic "our men who shave their (*****) hairs.

Oooooooooooooooooooooh, I want to be a part of DAT panel too!! Ken & I JUST had that convo!!! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

JG --

Oooooooooooooooooooooh, I want to be a part of DAT panel too!! Ken & I JUST had that convo!!! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

Toooooooo funny Gill; My friend in the state thinks a MAN should never ever do that. I'm like why not?????? (JUST DON'T ASK ME TO DO IT) :devil: TINGS MIGHT APPEN :devil:

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.