Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Mawning Family,

I wish everyone traveling this weekend a safe and bless-ed journey. Enjoy yourselves an return safely.

Lawny, I received some very sad news this morning. Could I ask you to pray for one of my good friends and a VJ Sistren that had a miscarriage overnight. She used to be more regular on the thread, but hasn't been on in a while now. (Not JALOVE or KimKim...don't want to alarm anyone). Please send out an awesome prayer for her and hubby to have the strength to move pass this painful time in their lives!

Thanks Chica...have a great day Fam.

(L),

Gill

Heavenly Father; Gill/WE all pray for her and her husband so that they will find some relief in knowing that we're all thinking and praying for them. I know words may be comforting at this time as her friend deal with her loss, but nothing is more comforting than knowing that you will provide the reassurance that she needs. I pray that you hold her close to your Dear God...don't only heal her body, but heal her emotionally; and Lord, please guide her husband so that he will be there for her and help them get through this together. I also know that you will bless her again Dear Lord. Things happen for a reason and you know best. All these things I ask in your son's holy name. AMEN...AMEN...AMEN.

Gill --

I've been through miscarriages several times...if she wants to link me, she can. Some people can deal with it and other it takes a long time to heal.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Family,

I wish everyone traveling this weekend a safe and bless-ed journey. Enjoy yourselves an return safely.

Lawny, I received some very sad news this morning. Could I ask you to pray for one of my good friends and a VJ Sistren that had a miscarriage overnight. She used to be more regular on the thread, but hasn't been on in a while now. (Not JALOVE or KimKim...don't want to alarm anyone). Please send out an awesome prayer for her and hubby to have the strength to move pass this painful time in their lives!

(L),

Gill

Heavenly Father; Gill/WE all pray for her and her husband so that they will find some relief in knowing that we're all thinking and praying for them. I know words may be comforting at this time as her friend deal with her loss, but nothing is more comforting than knowing that you will provide the reassurance that she needs. I pray that you hold her close to your Dear God...don't only heal her body, but heal her emotionally; and Lord, please guide her husband so that he will be there for her and help them get through this together. I also know that you will bless her again Dear Lord. Things happen for a reason and you know best. All these things I ask in your son's holy name. AMEN...AMEN...AMEN.

Gill --

I've been through miscarriages several times...if she wants to link me, she can. Some people can deal with it and other it takes a long time to heal.

Beautiful..thanks so much Lawny...I will let her know.

Love ya,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Mawning Family,

(L),

Gill

Gill --

Beautiful..thanks so much Lawny...I will let her know.

Love ya,

Gill

Anything and Anytime, my girl.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JaEnglish, Sus and anyone else going to JA this weekend.... Have fun and safe travels to you. I wish it were me, even though I was there last month :blush:

Its never too early to go back to JA!!! LOL

Congrats VAWA!, so happy for u..

Safe travels Jaenglish!

Timeline
JaEnglish, Sus and anyone else going to JA this weekend.... Have fun and safe travels to you. I wish it were me, even though I was there last month :blush:

Safe travels Jaenglish!

Ummmmm......I beg to differ on that comment. :devil:

VENTING............I hate banks and I hate American Airlines!!!!!!

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Safe travels Jaenglish!

Ummmmm......I beg to differ on that comment. :devil:

VENTING............I hate banks and I hate American Airlines!!!!!!

What's wrong GIRLFRIEND???????

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

The bank is just a piece of shyt. I PAID them to block an automatic withdrawal that I just knew this company would not stop withdrawing even though I no longer partake of their services. Three weeks ago, I stopped it. They took my fee immediately. Yesterday, the bank let the withdrawal go through. They said they would fix it today. Today, it's still not fixed. Now, they say by 2 p.m. Of course, in the meantime, I have outstanding checks that threaten to clear...........GD them.

American Airlines:

By DAVID KOENIG, Associated Press Writer

4 minutes ago

FORT WORTH, Texas - American Airlines will start charging $15 for the first checked bag, cut domestic flights and lay off workers as it grapples with record-high fuel prices.

But rival Delta doesn't plan to match American's fee for the first checked bag, a spokeswoman said.

American, the nation's largest carrier, said Wednesday the fee for the first checked bag starts June 15 and that it would raise other fees for services ranging from reservation help to oversized bags. The other fees will mostly range from $5 to $50 per service, the airline said.

Last month American announced it would join other carriers in charging $25 for second bags checked for some passengers, but it wasn't immediately clear how Wednesday's announcement would affect that.

The planned fee on the first checked bag immediately ran into resistance. Delta Air Lines Inc. spokeswoman Betsy Talton said the Atlanta-based airline is considering all of its options in light of $130-a-barrel oil, but doesn't plan to match the $15 fee American announced.

American plans to cut domestic flight capacity by 11 percent to 12 percent in the fourth quarter. American had previously expected fourth-quarter capacity to fall 4.6 percent from the same period in 2007.

Parent AMR Corp. said reduced flying will lead to an undisclosed number of job cuts at both American and its American Eagle subsidiary.

AMR expects to retire 45 to 50 planes from its fleet, most of them gas-guzzling MD-80 aircraft. Those were the plane grounded for faulty wiring last month.

American said rising oil prices have increased its expected annual fuel costs by nearly $3 billion since the start of the year.

AMR shares tumbled $1.10, or 13.4 percent, to $7.10 after the announcement which came as its shareholders gathered for their annual meeting.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG-

something similar happend to me once..i switch insurance companies but i had wrote out my check already..u ever get a feeling a business is just not RIGHT ? they couldn't explain why my payments were so high...all this bla bla blah...anyway i called my bank and put a stop payment on the check..u know what those suckers(insurance) did...changes the cents on the account by like 1 penny and of course the bank is looking for an exact amount sothey cashed it...mi call and dem investigate dealt with had my money back in like 3 days..they should refund u ur money(the payment) in full...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

So, I get a ride home last night, only to find out I forgot the keys at work. Rough day and I ran out of there. I call my landlord and of course, he's not getting home at 4:30 like usual. He's running late and in Illinois when I call. He's got to go back to work and then come home. I sit outside for an hour and then decide I have to go pee. So, I call the bar across the street to order some dinner. I go over a half hour later to pick up my food and pee. It's not ready, so I have a ammoreto and diet coke and wait while some really old guy tries to talk to me. Get back and eat while I wait for Kenny. At 6:30, he finally comes, finds the key, and lets me in. Andre calls and I tell him part of the story. He calls back and I tell him the rest. He says, you went to the bar without me? I said I had to pee. He says what is wrong with our bathroom. I'm like do you even listen to me? Do you ever listen to me. That whole 2 conversations and all you heard was I WENT TO THE BAR. Damn, men!

JG-

something similar happend to me once..i switch insurance companies but i had wrote out my check already..u ever get a feeling a business is just not RIGHT ? they couldn't explain why my payments were so high...all this bla bla blah...anyway i called my bank and put a stop payment on the check..u know what those suckers(insurance) did...changes the cents on the account by like 1 penny and of course the bank is looking for an exact amount sothey cashed it...mi call and dem investigate dealt with had my money back in like 3 days..they should refund u ur money(the payment) in full...

I always kills me how fast everyone is charge you for their services and then how long and hard you have to fight if you are wronged. And, how rude they are about it......like they don't even care.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

JG-

See...cho JG and Kimmy ---

Mi did a try no fi cuss no badwud tideh. My sister is in the hospital, so she added my name to all of her bank accounts so I can take care of somethings for her becuase she can't do it. Well, you know how some checking accounts you have to maintain a balance or you're charged a fee. At this particular bank, this checking account was closed in 2006 and they were still charging her $20.00 per month from February 2006. She got a letter in the mail yesterday saying they're going to take her to court.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
JG-

See...cho JG and Kimmy ---

Mi did a try no fi cuss no badwud tideh. My sister is in the hospital, so she added my name to all of her bank accounts so I can take care of somethings for her becuase she can't do it. Well, you know how some checking accounts you have to maintain a balance or you're charged a fee. At this particular bank, this checking account was closed in 2006 and they were still charging her $20.00 per month from February 2006. She got a letter in the mail yesterday saying they're going to take her to court.

Do you ever feel like there isn't a single day you don't have to fight for something?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
oK...lAWNY....DID UR SISTER CLOSE THE ACCOUNT OR DID THEY (THE BANK) CLOSE IT..CAUSE SHE WASN'T USING IT ?

Tell me what the difference is in what you said, K. Please.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

oK...lAWNY....DID UR SISTER CLOSE THE ACCOUNT OR DID THEY (THE BANK) CLOSE IT..CAUSE SHE WASN'T USING IT ?

Kimmy --

She closed the account. She never received any more statements...then all of a sudden she gets a letter saying she owes $420 in fees. One of my credit cards wanted to charge me for NON-USE (I closed the account)...the rep then told me that if I close the account it will lower my credit score since I've had the card since the early 90s.

How the HELL are you going to charge me for not using my card...what the HELL IS "non-activity fee". Again, HANDS IN THE AIR :angry:

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
So, I get a ride home last night, only to find out I forgot the keys at work. Rough day and I ran out of there. I call my landlord and of course, he's not getting home at 4:30 like usual. He's running late and in Illinois when I call. He's got to go back to work and then come home. I sit outside for an hour and then decide I have to go pee. So, I call the bar across the street to order some dinner. I go over a half hour later to pick up my food and pee. It's not ready, so I have a ammoreto and diet coke and wait while some really old guy tries to talk to me. Get back and eat while I wait for Kenny. At 6:30, he finally comes, finds the key, and lets me in. Andre calls and I tell him part of the story. He calls back and I tell him the rest. He says, you went to the bar without me? I said I had to pee. He says what is wrong with our bathroom. I'm like do you even listen to me? Do you ever listen to me. That whole 2 conversations and all you heard was I WENT TO THE BAR. Damn, men!

Girl!! that burns me up when they do that!!! Its like what is the point?? This is all they hear..blah blah blah blah BEER blah blah blah FOOD blah blah blah $EX..

so I guess there is no hope in me looking for man that listens?? there is no such thing huh LOL!!!!!

JG-

I always kills me how fast everyone is charge you for their services and then how long and hard you have to fight if you are wronged. And, how rude they are about it......like they don't even care.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.