Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The way A's granny made chocolate tea was how Kimmy say...it taste so bitter and not chocolatey. It had the film on the top same wey :yes: Even til now mi cyaan drink dat tea :no: It juss nah taste right tuh mi.

Yaads neva had a problem with the bitter but as a kid picha me trying to drink something with film on the top :help: sometimes mommy used to be nice and strain it...ALL DEN THE FILM STILL THERE...lots of ppl love it though

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
U 2 Sunny...Love your picuture. Look like my cousin fiance Stroker

Thanks Lawny,

I love your pics too!!

He's the love of my life... Ray shocked the heck out of me and got a tattoo on his chest with my name on it. What am I to think??? lol It was actually there the last time I was there, but because he's so dark I didn't even notice it.

Pay attention!

Ha ha on the STROKER comment.

Stroker would be a good name for Ray too!!

Pay Attention to what JG?

Your man's chest. How did you miss a new tatoo?

lol... Do you see how dark Ray is? He couldn't even see his tattoo's. LMAO I just so happen to be looking really hard my last trip and saw it. He never told me. I had to find out on my own. All I remember is him telling me he was going to get a tattoo because he didn't have any and has alway's wanted one.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
I think we are going to the bar across the street from our house tonight to listen to a friend of a friend play some music.

Anyone know any unusual drink I can order that I probably havent' tried before?

Hmm, what kind of drinks do you normally like?

Beer, fruity... martinis?

I love a good espresso martini! Oh I want one now! :-)

Very, very, VERY light beer. AB has one called Beach Blonde---only one I truly like.

I like hot chocolate with a shot of butterscotch Schnapps and topped with whip cream.

Rum Cream, Banana Rum Cream, Amerula.

Very dry white wine.

straight shots of Tequila.

Margarita's are fine. Shell got me hooked on Mojitos too.

Amerula & Tequila are my drinks of choice.

I think I'd like to try some interesting concoction tonight.

BC I usually have a drink B4 leaving home I always end up with RUM punch....I went to this one place and had a screw-driver, I don't know what was in it but ie was nicccce. I'll have to get the ingred. 4U.

screw driver is vodka and OJ

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jengs lef offa mi case mi a beg yuh..Lawny weh u get chocolate teas from..I HATE IT..mi modda used to mek pon sunday morning lawd..a couldn't stand it..Jengs a real chocolate tea mi dear dem boil and it have it coating pon di top... :angry:

OMG....I want a drink..soooo bad!! mi aded

Chocolate tea sounds really good, Kimmy. Where do you get one of those?

I am craving Peanut Punch so bad. Been on my mind almost constantly for the last year.

JG..if u know anyone coming or going just ask them to get some chocolate for yah...thats how we refer to it

Yah? Ok, thanks. One of my friends from Canada is going in 13 days.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jengs lef offa mi case mi a beg yuh..Lawny weh u get chocolate teas from..I HATE IT..mi modda used to mek pon sunday morning lawd..a couldn't stand it..Jengs a real chocolate tea mi dear dem boil and it have it coating pon di top... :angry:

I am craving Peanut Punch so bad. Been on my mind almost constantly for the last year.

JG..if u know anyone coming or going just ask them to get some chocolate for yah...thats how we refer to it

Yah? Ok, thanks. One of my friends from Canada is going in 13 days.

as long as u can get it from her :) u'll get it ..but u affi make it when u get it...when ur ready i can ask hubby or my mom exactly how it mek for yah

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I make cocoa tea with Vanilla Soymilk... probably not the traditional way!

With a little cinnimon and sugar.

I use a grater to get a fine cocoa dust and boil it all.

Someone give me some more details on how to make this cocoa tea.

cocoa dif from chocolate JG..all mi know is u have to get it ..it comes in like a ball and u have to grate it and boil it...ask Jomo about it he'll probably know

Sounds alot like the Ginger tea he makes for me.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I think we are going to the bar across the street from our house tonight to listen to a friend of a friend play some music.

Very, very, VERY light beer. AB has one called Beach Blonde---only one I truly like.

I like hot chocolate with a shot of butterscotch Schnapps and topped with whip cream.

Very dry white wine.

Oh Mojitos are gooooood!!!

I think you would like the espresso martini.

Martini glass with cocoa on the rim. Shot of espresso with Tia maria and baileys and absolut. (they make it different all over)

With a chocolate covered espresso bean or hershy's kiss in the bottom.

Straight shots of tequila... your a bad girl!! LOL

Good morning all! Happy Friday... more snow on the way here!! YUCK!!!

I e-mailed Barbados before I went to bed last night and they already answered. I hope it is this easy the whole way through!

Irie Irie Irie...

I've never been to St. Lucia..but your man look so fam. You all eva been to JA.

I have been to JA, but not Louis. He has never been off his little island. Barbados will be an adventure.

I aready mentioned...he has a BTful smile....not as nice as my husband, but nice. lol

Aww thanks! He has a devious smile. Well he has a bunch of different smiles. They give him away though.

Come up with a better concoction that does not include anything to do with coffee. I absolutely cannot stand the taste of coffee.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning Everyone!!! Have a great day today.

You do have a BTful glow..I might add.

Thanks a bunch Brownnskinn... :)

ROC

Timeline
Love ginger tea..except when i'm preggo :)..u buy the ginger in balls or as it (root)

Root. We go to the Farmer's Market near downtown and buy it.

I have it pretty often cause it seems no matter what symptoms I am having, it's good for it. Except for burning my throat a bit, it is very calming. I love it too.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

You could always just do a chocolate Martini..

I like a good ole dirty martini

Its hard to come up with good ones.

My old standby is Vodka, cranberry and sprite. If they have raspberry vodka even better.

Or vodka and redbull ( I like caffeine )

All this talk about booze - I may need tp break open the wine bottlle

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Very dry white wine.

Oh Mojitos are gooooood!!!

I think you would like the espresso martini.

Martini glass with cocoa on the rim. Shot of espresso with Tia maria and baileys and absolut. (they make it different all over)

With a chocolate covered espresso bean or hershy's kiss in the bottom.

Straight shots of tequila... your a bad girl!! LOL

Good morning all! Happy Friday... more snow on the way here!! YUCK!!!

I e-mailed Barbados before I went to bed last night and they already answered. I hope it is this easy the whole way through!

Irie Irie Irie...

I've never been to St. Lucia..but your man look so fam. You all eva been to JA.

I have been to JA, but not Louis. He has never been off his little island. Barbados will be an adventure.

I aready mentioned...he has a BTful smile....not as nice as my husband, but nice. lol

Aww thanks! He has a devious smile. Well he has a bunch of different smiles. They give him away though.

Come up with a better concoction that does not include anything to do with coffee. I absolutely cannot stand the taste of coffee.

What about this one?

Tequila Mockingbird

1 ounces Tequila

ounce Triple Sec

ounce Blue Curaçao

2 ounces Orange Juice

1 ounce Cranberry Juice

Fill highball glass or tumbler with ice. Add tequila and Triple Sec, followed by orange juice and cranberry. Add blue Curacao. Do not mix. Garnish with a lemon or a cherry if desired and serve in a highball glass.

ROC

Timeline
U 2 Sunny...Love your picuture. Look like my cousin fiance Stroker

Thanks Lawny,

I love your pics too!!

He's the love of my life... Ray shocked the heck out of me and got a tattoo on his chest with my name on it. What am I to think??? lol It was actually there the last time I was there, but because he's so dark I didn't even notice it.

Pay attention!

Ha ha on the STROKER comment.

Stroker would be a good name for Ray too!!

Pay Attention to what JG?

Your man's chest. How did you miss a new tatoo?

lol... Do you see how dark Ray is? He couldn't even see his tattoo's. LMAO I just so happen to be looking really hard my last trip and saw it. He never told me. I had to find out on my own. All I remember is him telling me he was going to get a tattoo because he didn't have any and has alway's wanted one.

I guess I don't really pick it up cause I know you are really light.

What do you think of the JA tattoo? Do you think it looks different then one he would get here? Andre's from JA are so raised. The one he got here is what I picture a tattoo looking like....flush to the skin. Probably not describing it as I am thinking; but hopefully, you get the gist. I was watching "House" one day and this prison inmate had an issue with a MRI and his prison-issued tattoo. Apparently, they used lots of lead in the ink and the MRI pretty much pulled the lead up towards it. It was a crazy scene. I think about that every time I look at Andre's tattoos.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG I found this for you...

If you are up to it…then try making this tea:

1 Jamaican Chocolate Ball.

3 tbsp. Sugar

¼ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk

1 quart Water

A pinch of Salt.

3 Cinnamon Leaves or 2 Cinnamon Sticks

Grate Jamaican chocolate ball in a plate. Bring the water to boil in the meantime, and then add chocolate and cinnamon to the pot of boiling water.

Allow the tea to boil for fifteen to twenty minutes. Sweetened to taste then remove cinnamon.

Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy your Jamaican hot chocolate with a friend or relative.

A word of caution:

1. If you use cocoa powder, you will not get the same effect.

2. This tea retains its heat for a long time, so don’t rush drinking it.

I must admit that cocoa tastes good, but it will never beat Jamaican hot chocolate tea. This tea is not for the faint-hearted, it is very dense and rough. You get the real chocolate taste, like you’ve never had.

The Jamaican hot chocolate tea is bulk sweetened with condensed milk, sugar, and salt. It is strained into each family member’s enamel mug and cautiously sipped to ones enjoyment. Well you might be wondering why I say cautiously sipped.

Well I tell you mon, because chocolate is naturally oily, when it is made into tea the oil rises to the top. And that hot oil will scorch your lips and tongue.

http://www.jamaican-recipes.com/jamaicanhotchocolate.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.