Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Tre.....

Does Marcel still work at HI? If not, who knows someone that works at Holiday Inn Sunspree in Mo Bay?

I heard rumor all employees got letters stating their services are no longer needed. Andre's mom said she heard they were picketing in front of the hotel in protest and blocking all guests from entering and exiting. She said they called in the police.

Only problem I have with that story is if they fired all the employees, how did they have guests at all? I am thinking maybe they got letters stating WHEN their services would no longer be needed and it coincides with what I heard before.

Anyhow, I need some confirmation and we can't get a hold of Richard. Anyone know anything?

link:

Holiday Inn sends 60 workers on Permanent Holiday

So the holiday Inn was sold to the owners of the Sunset Chain?? When you follow the link above there is a poll asking if local laws should be relaxed to allow foreign investment as the RIU 78% of voters said no and over 2000 people voted, interesting.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony got his Green Card in the mail on Saturday :dance::D:dance: No more Immigration stuff for TEN YEARS!!!!! It took 11 1/2 months from start to finish. All you ladies that are going to remove conditions soon, make sure you send it in 90 days before the GC expires. If you wait til the last minute, you'll probably go out of status before you get the new card and have to make an infopass appt. to get a stamp. If anyone needs any help or advice, let me know. I'm not on here as much as I used to be (busy at work and at home) but send me a PM or an e-mail.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Tre.....

Does Marcel still work at HI? If not, who knows someone that works at Holiday Inn Sunspree in Mo Bay?

I heard rumor all employees got letters stating their services are no longer needed. Andre's mom said she heard they were picketing in front of the hotel in protest and blocking all guests from entering and exiting. She said they called in the police.

Only problem I have with that story is if they fired all the employees, how did they have guests at all? I am thinking maybe they got letters stating WHEN their services would no longer be needed and it coincides with what I heard before.

Anyhow, I need some confirmation and we can't get a hold of Richard. Anyone know anything?

link:

So the holiday Inn was sold to the owners of the Sunset Chain?? When you follow the link above there is a poll asking if local laws should be relaxed to allow foreign investment as the RIU 78% of voters said no and over 2000 people voted, interesting.

Yes.

The RIU got a really bad review in the Gleaner today from a man who had a really bad experience.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

The RIU got a really bad review in the Gleaner today from a man who had a really bad experience.

Hey, do you know which Riu got the bad review? We're thinking of staying at Riu Ochi for a few days in November. I'm still undecided. If you have a link to that review, can you send it to me? thanx :luv:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Hey Tre.....

link:

Yes.

Interesting JG -- Please send me the link. I was asked to do a write up on the RIU since I've stayed at all of them in Jamaica. I'm participating the next few weeks on a panel in New York. It's really to see how returning (Jamaicans) are treated at the resorts. I can't wait.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

Hey, do you know which Riu got the bad review? We're thinking of staying at Riu Ochi for a few days in November. I'm still undecided. If you have a link to that review, can you send it to me? thanx :luv:

Hey Rhonda;

Girl I never found those picutures. I may have deleted them by accident. The Riu in Ochi is absolutely beautiful. It's HUGE. If you're planning on being on a diet, forget it, there is so much food there and liquor. While we were on the beach chilling they would walk by and fill out our glasses...but it this way, my glass was never empty. Entertainment was okay. I got bored easily. I think because I'm from the island so I went to the local clubs in Ocho. We only ate breakfast there. We ate dinner at my friend's house in Runnaway Bay. You will met people from all over the WORLD. When I was there in September they had a lot of entertainers there was was trying to keep in low key. Only the Americans really recognized them. Everyone else could have cared less and girl the ROOMS...I loved the rooms. The beds are not attached to the walls (dang I guess I shouldn't tell you that) :devil: haaaaaaaa I'm so bad. We were upgraded to a large suite that overlooked the beach on the top floor. I didn't use the A/C once. The balcony doors have mesh, so you can leave the doors open and catch some fresh air. The rooms also have ceiling fans.

Walking the ground of the Riu any of them is beautiful. Nice hotel, but NOT cheap. When we booked I was able to get a rate of $109 for 1st two night...$98 for the next 3 nights..it was a special.

The ones in Negril, I didn't get to spend much time there since I was busy running from there a friends house for a wedding. But both of those properties are also beautiful.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey Tre.....

link:

Yes.

Interesting JG -- Please send me the link. I was asked to do a write up on the RIU since I've stayed at all of them in Jamaica. I'm participating the next few weeks on a panel in New York. It's really to see how returning (Jamaicans) are treated at the resorts. I can't wait.

Sorry.....it was the Observer.....

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/letters/htm...U_OCHO_RIOS.asp

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Does anyone know what countries a Jamaican citizen can travel to without a travel visa? I think Cayman is one, but are there others?

Without a visa, Jamaican nationals can actually travel to many countries. Places where a Jamaican national may visit for an unlimited time without a visa would be: Antiga, Barbuda, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cyprus, Dominca, Fiji, Gambia, Great Britain, Grendada, Haiti, Honduras, Ireland, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Peru, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Surinam, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 6 month visit to: Barbados.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 3 month visit to: Bermuda, Chile, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino, South Korea, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 1 month visit to: Argentina, Columbia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Monaco, Papua New Guinea, Uruguay.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 2 week visit to: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St. Maarten.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Does anyone know what countries a Jamaican citizen can travel to without a travel visa? I think Cayman is one, but are there others?

Without a visa, Jamaican nationals can actually travel to many countries. Places where a Jamaican national may visit for an unlimited time without a visa would be: Antiga, Barbuda, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cyprus, Dominca, Fiji, Gambia, Great Britain, Grendada, Haiti, Honduras, Ireland, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Peru, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Surinam, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 6 month visit to: Barbados.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 3 month visit to: Bermuda, Chile, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino, South Korea, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 1 month visit to: Argentina, Columbia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Monaco, Papua New Guinea, Uruguay.

Jamaicans may travel without a visa but are limited to no more than a 2 week visit to: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St. Maarten.

JG -- you are the bomb! Thank you so much :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Tre.....

Mawning Family,

Ken just spoke to his firend Sean yesterday that works at HI and he didn't mention anything like that. I'll ask Ken to make some more calls tonight and ask around. I did hear about some sort of severence package negoiations that was due to HI employees since they switched from HI direct to Crystal (contractors) in 2004 going around. You know me...I was like..."Kenny Dhhhharling....yuh ah git henny $$$ from dat!?" :lol: He was going to call his 'Union' rep "Portia' today to find out!

Bless-ed love,

Gill

P.S.- Good luck Ton-Ton & Dave!!!! :luv: And Marvsgirl!! :thumbs:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

JG -- you are the bomb! Thank you so much :thumbs:

Just getting good at researching on the net. You are very welcome.

Ironically, when I was flailing around searching for the HI story, I couldn't find one darn thing. Go figure!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Tre.....

link:

OMG-D...this is SO sad!!! I just called Ken and he had NO idea!!

Gill

Tony got his Green Card in the mail on Saturday :dance::D:dance: No more Immigration stuff for TEN YEARS!!!!! It took 11 1/2 months from start to finish. All you ladies that are going to remove conditions soon, make sure you send it in 90 days before the GC expires. If you wait til the last minute, you'll probably go out of status before you get the new card and have to make an infopass appt. to get a stamp. If anyone needs any help or advice, let me know. I'm not on here as much as I used to be (busy at work and at home) but send me a PM or an e-mail.

CONGRATS RHONDA...that's GOT to feel good!! :yes:

Bless-ed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Hey Tre.....

link:

OMG-D...this is SO sad!!! I just called Ken and he had NO idea!!

Gill

I think it is just the beginning, Gill. I can't help but worry what will happen to the rest of them between now and January when the hotel changes hands and what happens after.

What sickens me is they are so underhanded about everything. There is no warning for anyone.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jamaican's can go to England without a Visa?? I thought they needed one.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.