Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning Yardies!!

Lawny it's Monday and I sure could use one of your prayers today.

Dear Heavenly Father;

Thank you for another blessed week. Lord we turn to you for comfort this week as many of us are dealing with our own struggles in life. Lord, I pray that you heal those that are ill or recovery...shower them with your strength. Lord, please watch over Tonisha (FUTURE HUSBAND) as he'll be here tomorrow. Please get him to the airport on time and deliver him safely to her arms at JFK...(I can just see her now hoping to give her man a big hug). Lord, please watch over those that are pregnant and those that are TRYING to get pregnant :innocent: . Lord, please push forward the approvals for those that are waiting (SHREW) is calling out to you as well as Sunny and Mommy 2 b. Lord for those who has mishaps last week in their lives, THANKS for protecting them and finally, thanks for bring Marla to her loving husband Jason. He has been patiently waiting for his beautiful wife and we can all feel the love he has for her. All these things I pray to you Dear God...in your son's precious and might name. AMEN...AMEN...AMEN.

Thanks Lawny, real nice :star:

Hi ladies, hope you had a great weekend.

:ot: I am going down to Negril June 4-8 and my SO is booking our hotel. We were thinking of staying at Rondel Village cause I always thought it looked nice and its at a good location but I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed there??

He wanted to book a gardenside room but not only was the receptionist rude (according to him) but she said the garden side is under construction so only beachfront rooms are available. Has anyone heard of this?

Also can anyone recommend somewhere else in the middle of the beach with similar amenities and also local-friendly?

Thanks!

Mommy, I stayed at Rondel Village last year and loved it. I booked it on hotwire for a very cheap price per night. The gardenside on across the street from the beach. It's right across the street from the Jungle nightclub. The restaurant is very expensive, so I wouldn't recommend it, but there's a place down the street called Cool Spot that have very very good JA food for a reasonable price. Check Hotwire...

Thanks for the info Sunny but Dion (my SO) ended up booking us at Coco La Palm instead. I've never stayed there either so hope its ok, I've read good reviews. I've definitely been to Cool Spot before and the food is good and inexpensive, probably will eat there again this trip.

Coco is very cool. My dad stayed there for my wedding and the staff was very nice. I like it more than Rondell. i think you get free breakfast too. You'll love it! :thumbs:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey All,

Just wanted to send positive vibes out to MARVSGIRL who's fiance is having his interview tomorrow morning!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

(she hasn't been on here much but we hung in JA in February with the SO's)

Good Luck to her and any others celebrating Interviews, Approvals this month!

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone!!!

just got Kaila's pics done today....there were so many to pick from..this one was the cutest!!

post-21550-1211231069_thumb.jpg

Hey Shauna :)

Love her new photos!

Thanks!!! How is your ankle doing??? sorry i haven't been able to get back to you...been a little busy... :lol:

are you excited that dave will soon be here??? i bet you can't wait!!!

mommy2b....i can't believe you are almost 20 weeks....i remember when you were just a couple of weeks along....how are you feeling?

Filed: Timeline
My night just went to surreal.....a speeding car just hit the for sale sign of one neighbor's house and crashed into the tree on my neighbor (and cousins) front lawn. Then, they ran. Of course, I missed it all cause I was in the tub. I did manage to see all the police, CSI, and the two truck that parked on my lawn to tow it away.

Crazy!

Our crazy story....Damien's car broke down last Friday. It wouldn't start after he ran into a store. He was on his way to pick up my daughter from the train station. I was working late that night so I called AAA thinking the battery needed a jump. We finally had the car towed. Went out to dinner and Target...didn't get home until midnight. We had so many plans that weekend now we have to share a car :angry: Walked in the house...no electricity. We've had power shortages for no reasons before so I didn't pay attention until I noticed two of neighbors had lights on. The electricity was closed so nothing we could do until 7 the next morning.

Meanwhile is Damien is pacing the floor then putting up boobie traps just in case someone decides to break in :wacko: He said he had a bad feeling something bad is going to happen. I'm like - boy, are you crazy...go to bed. Besides, what else could go wrong....

5:35 Saturday morning...someone is BANGING on our door. I'm thinking it better be Pepco (electric company). I'm half sleep when I opened the door...it's

the POLICE asking if I had an Impala. I said no but my neighbor's boyfriend drives one....I drive a Malibu. I was about to close the door when he said I traced the tags to this house and your car has been involved in an ACCIDENT. I said that's impossible because I parked my car right infront of our apartment...I saw my car is sitting on the grass. Someone hit it dead on...knocked it outta the parking spot into another car.

I ran upstairs to wake up Damien. He thought I was playing a trick on him...

:blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone!!!

just got Kaila's pics done today....there were so many to pick from..this one was the cutest!!

Love her new photos!

Thanks!!! How is your ankle doing??? sorry i haven't been able to get back to you...been a little busy... :lol:

mommy2b....i can't believe you are almost 20 weeks....i remember when you were just a couple of weeks along....how are you feeling?

Nanny, I know, time is going fast as far as my pregnancy is concerned.. I am feeling good, definitely more energized, lately I just can't sit still, I started re-decorating my home for no apparent reason. My baby bump is definitely growing. Thanks for asking.

That is lovely pic of baby Kaila by the way :luv:

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Hi everyone!!!

Love her new photos!

Nanny, I know, time is going fast as far as my pregnancy is concerned.. I am feeling good, definitely more energized, lately I just can't sit still, I started re-decorating my home for no apparent reason. My baby bump is definitely growing. Thanks for asking.

That is lovely pic of baby Kaila by the way :luv:

Mommy that was me during my second trimester I was painting and do all kind of crazy things. Was still suffering from severe morning sickness though. I went to Jamaica 2 times while I was pregnant. The last time was 6.5 months pregnant (won't do that again). Had to go to a funeral. But towards the end of my pregnancy I had a lot of energy. My grandmother says it's nesting and preparing for what's ahead.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Hey Tre.....

Does Marcel still work at HI? If not, who knows someone that works at Holiday Inn Sunspree in Mo Bay?

I heard rumor all employees got letters stating their services are no longer needed. Andre's mom said she heard they were picketing in front of the hotel in protest and blocking all guests from entering and exiting. She said they called in the police.

Only problem I have with that story is if they fired all the employees, how did they have guests at all? I am thinking maybe they got letters stating WHEN their services would no longer be needed and it coincides with what I heard before.

Anyhow, I need some confirmation and we can't get a hold of Richard. Anyone know anything?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning Yardies!!

Dear Heavenly Father;

Thank you for another blessed week. Lord we turn to you for comfort this week as many of us are dealing with our own struggles in life. Lord, I pray that you heal those that are ill or recovery...shower them with your strength. Lord, please watch over Tonisha (FUTURE HUSBAND) as he'll be here tomorrow. Please get him to the airport on time and deliver him safely to her arms at JFK...(I can just see her now hoping to give her man a big hug). Lord, please watch over those that are pregnant and those that are TRYING to get pregnant :innocent:. Lord, please push forward the approvals for those that are waiting (SHREW) is calling out to you as well as Sunny and Mommy 2 b. Lord for those who has mishaps last week in their lives, THANKS for protecting them and finally, thanks for bring Marla to her loving husband Jason. He has been patiently waiting for his beautiful wife and we can all feel the love he has for her. All these things I pray to you Dear God...in your son's precious and might name. AMEN...AMEN...AMEN.

Thank you Lawny I really needed that today :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Hey Tre.....

Does Marcel still work at HI? If not, who knows someone that works at Holiday Inn Sunspree in Mo Bay?

I heard rumor all employees got letters stating their services are no longer needed. Andre's mom said she heard they were picketing in front of the hotel in protest and blocking all guests from entering and exiting. She said they called in the police.

Only problem I have with that story is if they fired all the employees, how did they have guests at all? I am thinking maybe they got letters stating WHEN their services would no longer be needed and it coincides with what I heard before.

Anyhow, I need some confirmation and we can't get a hold of Richard. Anyone know anything?

link:

Holiday Inn sends 60 workers on Permanent Holiday

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Timeline

Hey yardies, Hope all is well with everyone. Been quite busy working out some personal issues and been quite busy at work and has been unable to post as I used to. Just finished catching up on the posts I missed the last copule of days. Sorry to hear about all the misfortune that has befallen you ladies and for those who have good news, congrats. Shrew, I always check to see of you've heard anything about your approval. I am still hoping and praying that you hear something soon.

Well, one more day till I am off to JA for a little R&R for 6 days. Will miss you all and will link up when I get back. An early safe and enjoyable memorial day weekend to all.

Jason, happy to hear that Marla arrived safely and is settling in. May your lives together be filled with many blessings.

Love always

Claire

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Hey Tre.....

Hey JG --

No girl, Marcel left long ago. He was at the airport for a few months, but his old boss doing the construction work at Ibeorstar begged him to come back. I forgot that he was talking to me about the Holiday Inn situation Saturday night. One of his friends who is a life guard on the beach directly behind the main pool told his boss he was not coming back to work. His boss told him good, because he was going to fire him anyway. Some of his friends said they not being upfront with them and telling them foolishness. I feel sorry for a lot of the employees there. Some of them have been there for many, many years and even though they have other hotels in the area, it's hard to get jobs there, because pepole don't leave their positions at the other properties. Some people get letters, other didn't. I don't understand. Marcel says his friends are fustrated.

Good morning Yardies!!

Dear Heavenly Father;

Thank you for another blessed week. Lord we turn to you for comfort this week as many of us are dealing with our own struggles in life. Lord, I pray that you heal those that are ill or recovery...shower them with your strength. Lord, please watch over Tonisha (FUTURE HUSBAND) as he'll be here tomorrow. Please get him to the airport on time and deliver him safely to her arms at JFK...(I can just see her now hoping to give her man a big hug). Lord, please watch over those that are pregnant and those that are TRYING to get pregnant :innocent:. Lord, please push forward the approvals for those that are waiting (SHREW) is calling out to you as well as Sunny and Mommy 2 b. Lord for those who has mishaps last week in their lives, THANKS for protecting them and finally, thanks for bring Marla to her loving husband Jason. He has been patiently waiting for his beautiful wife and we can all feel the love he has for her. All these things I pray to you Dear God...in your son's precious and might name. AMEN...AMEN...AMEN.

Thank you Lawny I really needed that today :thumbs:

Anytime SHYNE...hope your ears weren't ringing too much last night. My prayer circle meets on Monday nights.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey Tre.....

link:

Holiday Inn sends 60 workers on Permanent Holiday

Thank you. That's what I was looking for.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.