Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

We filed our I-485 January 3, 2008 and received our NOA 1 on Jan 9, 2008 and when I check our case status online it still says the same thing...case pending. I am beginning to think this is too long. Anyone else's take so long? Is there a number I can call about it? My husband received his EAD and Advanced Parole in February but no action on the Adjustment of Status. Thanks.

Check this thread for other January filers.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...0&start=520

seems to be quite a few without AOS approval yet

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK!

I live in Waldorf, about 20 mins away from the harbor....

There is a GREAT Jamaican restaurant 2 mins away from me.

As for Jamaican grocery shops, I use this one, they have pretty much everything

Caribbean Market II

7505 New Hampshire Ave

Takoma Park, MD 20912

301-439-5288

I live in Clinton, so I am right down the road from you. What is the name of the Jamaican resturant? When my husband was here last year. he didn't like any of the so call Jamaican resturants I took him to, finally we went to Negil in Mitcheville, and he like the steamed fish( with the head on), so I will keep that one on our list.

Roxcie

I GUARANTEE he'll like it :lol:

Here's the details

Caribbean Flava

152 Smallwood Village Drive, Waldorf, Charles County

Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday; noon-7 p.m. Sunday

Entrée prices: $2.49-$12.

Credit cards: MC, V

Reservations, carry-out: 301-632-9738

http://www.somdnews.com/stories/03302007/w...953_32093.shtml

We have to try that place.

Our favorite jerk chicken is Just Jerk in Lanham...they grill it...comes with festival or hardo bread. We go to Caribbean Superior for estovich (sp) king fish, curry shrimp and porridge on Sundays. Caribbean Delight in Hyattsville has good oxtail. Eariler today we ate at the Turnables on Georgia Avenue...steamed fish (with head) was really good.

OK!

Caribbean Market II

7505 New Hampshire Ave

Takoma Park, MD 20912

301-439-5288

I live in Clinton, so I am right down the road from you. What is the name of the Jamaican resturant? When my husband was here last year. he didn't like any of the so call Jamaican resturants I took him to, finally we went to Negil in Mitcheville, and he like the steamed fish( with the head on), so I will keep that one on our list.

Roxcie

Here's the details

Caribbean Flava

Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday; noon-7 p.m. Sunday

Our favorite jerk chicken is Just Jerk in Lanham...they grill it...comes with festival or hardo bread. We go to Caribbean Superior for estovich (sp) king fish, curry shrimp and porridge on Sundays. Caribbean Delight in Hyattsville has good oxtail. Eariler today we ate at the Turnables on Georgia Avenue...steamed fish (with head) was really good.

Thanks, we will be trying these resturants. I hope all is well.

Roxcie

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK!

Caribbean Market II

7505 New Hampshire Ave

Takoma Park, MD 20912

301-439-5288

Roxcie

Here's the details

Caribbean Flava

Roxcie

Thanks, Roxcie, SJB and JaEnglish for the Carribbean recs in Maryland. I'm in Bowie and am always looking for a good spot to get my nyam on! I usually head to Muffin Man in Seabrook or Negril in Mitchellville, but always looking for more spots. Can't believe there are so many Marylanders on the site. BTW, I grew up in Clinton -- my mom still lives there -- there used to be a Carribbean market near Old Branch Avenue -- unsure if it's still there.

Edited by Unruly Gal

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK!

Caribbean Market II

7505 New Hampshire Ave

Takoma Park, MD 20912

301-439-5288

Roxcie

Here's the details

Caribbean Flava

Roxcie

Thanks, Roxcie, SJB and JaEnglish for the Carribbean recs in Maryland. I'm in Bowie and am always looking for a good spot to get my nyam on! I usually head to Muffin Man in Seabrook or Negril in Mitchellville, but always looking for more spots. Can't believe there are so many Marylanders on the site. BTW, I grew up in Clinton -- my mom still lives there -- there used to be a Carribbean market near Old Branch Avenue -- unsure if it's still there.

I LOVE the Muffin Man muffins...have to stay away from that place. Damien loves his curry chicken. That's how we discovered Just Jerk...right down the street from the Muffin man. We took some of Damien's friends to Tropicana and they really liked it. They're OK. Sweet Mango on Georgia Avenue is OK.

We stopped by the Caribbean Market on Old Branch...they didn't have much. The store JaEnglish mentioned is best for grocery shopping...to us anyway.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK!

Caribbean Market II

7505 New Hampshire Ave

Takoma Park, MD 20912

301-439-5288

Roxcie

Here's the details

Caribbean Flava

Roxcie

I LOVE the Muffin Man muffins...have to stay away from that place. Damien loves his curry chicken. That's how we discovered Just Jerk...right down the street from the Muffin man. We took some of Damien's friends to Tropicana and they really liked it. They're OK. Sweet Mango on Georgia Avenue is OK.

We stopped by the Caribbean Market on Old Branch...they didn't have much. The store JaEnglish mentioned is best for grocery shopping...to us anyway.

That Carrot Cake Muffin... ooweee! :thumbs: My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK!

Caribbean Market II

7505 New Hampshire Ave

Takoma Park, MD 20912

301-439-5288

Roxcie

Here's the details

Caribbean Flava

Roxcie

That Carrot Cake Muffin... ooweee! :thumbs: My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I'm in Bowie too.. I love the muffin man.

SJB: I haven't tried the porridge at Caribbean Superior yet so I gotta get there for that.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Hey Finesse girlie....i don't have an answer but mi just waan seh HELLOOO there !!

Hey girl...why u change ur screen name?

tru she HOT like 10 fireside :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Finesse girlie....i don't have an answer but mi just waan seh HELLOOO there !!

Hey girl...why u change ur screen name?

tru she HOT like 10 fireside :lol:

:rofl: got that right..

Finesse..nothing really..mi head just did a tek mi..and I could so I did :)

BTW..I think you would just file the same way u did for ur husband..process is the same..but I know one of those forms have a follow-to-join benefit

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
Anyone have experience with the I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative)? My husband and I want to file to bring his daughter here. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We are looking into it for my husband's daughter; other than filling out the application, I don't have much experience, more than happy to help if I can.

Is it not possible to file for your hubby's daughter with the K1- they call it a k2? The child has up to one year to follow. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.