Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
yes Lawny..they can ask....more money sometimes..like I said it's the category of visa...some ppl have to purchase round trip tickets

I think a vistor's visa has to have a roundtrip ticket and that is it.

ok...u go a work today ? r yuh skull cause a di rain ?

You must have been reading my mind, it is disgusting outside!!! the normally let us out early on Fridays. A whole whopping 1/2 hour.

Wah u a complain fah...at least u get fi lef earli

*sucking teeth very very loud* 5pm??????? don't let me have to walk to d.c. in the pouring rain just to tump you!!!

Lawd ave merci...everi badi wah tump mi tideh...a wah di fadah?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yes Lawny..they can ask....more money sometimes..like I said it's the category of visa...some ppl have to purchase round trip tickets

The airline company don't know anything about your immigration status, thats at POE where those questions should be asked. Airlines are just to transit you, not to worry why you buy a ticket one way two way three way, last minute, a year in advance etc. Thats a wierd question.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

You must have been reading my mind, it is disgusting outside!!! the normally let us out early on Fridays. A whole whopping 1/2 hour.

Man. its like 100 degrees here today. Augh :crying: , so hot.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The airline company don't know anything about your immigration status, thats at POE where those questions should be asked. Airlines are just to transit you, not to worry why you buy a ticket one way two way three way, last minute, a year in advance etc. Thats a wierd question.

agreed that the airlines shouldn't ask but doesn't the ticket person check the documents when checking in??

Man. its like 100 degrees here today. Augh :crying: , so hot.

do not complain, it's 54 here.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

I think Airlines definitely have to ask all the pertinent questions. If they let someone through (on the plane) only to be turned back at POE, their airline will have to carry that person back home. Its in the airline's best interest that everyone is doing their part to follow the law. I THINK!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think Airlines definitely have to ask all the pertinent questions. If they let someone through (on the plane) only to be turned back at POE, their airline will have to carry that person back home. Its in the airline's best interest that everyone is doing their part to follow the law. I THINK!!

Hmmmm.....interesting point.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I dunno, I would disagree with that - There is no law that states you have to fly roundtrip on the same airline - I have flown to one spot, gone to another, been back on another - The obligation of the airline comes at the gate when you board their plane, that would be when having the proper visa applies - Over the phone booking the ticket, that's just nosy -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone heard from Jason? Did Marla make it to Atlanta ok last night?

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

I was thinking NOT hearing from him was a good thing, Sun. (wink wink)

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

NONE of AJ's business....He is perfectly entitled to buy a one-way ticket. The airline needs to ensure he has the appropriate entry documents and that is ALL.....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was thinking NOT hearing from him was a good thing, Sun. (wink wink)

I guess your right because if it was me, I'd be MIA for a month. LMAO

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

I dunno, I would disagree with that - There is no law that states you have to fly roundtrip on the same airline - I have flown to one spot, gone to another, been back on another - The obligation of the airline comes at the gate when you board their plane, that would be when having the proper visa applies - Over the phone booking the ticket, that's just nosy -

Exactly the ticketing agent is not a Federal Marshall or a customs or immigration officer. They are trained to make sure you have necessary documents to travel at that time. Whether you buy a round trip or single ticket makes them no difference. If we started depending on the airline agents to do immigration offficers work....God help us. I think the AirJA person who asked that original question was just being facety.

Timeline

we can assume all we want..but there has to be something why they r asking about documents...I THINK....and if people want to run off they can buy a 2 way and nuh go back..so i think it's just the money..why dem a ask fi yuh buy a round trip..if it doesn't matter...and plus most of the ppl wid the experience of airlines asking dealt with AJ ??? in the end do what u please.. Plus i think the question went "r u going to be a permanent resisdent"? all yuh affi do is seh yes....di more yuh badger dem bout a no fi dem bizniz di harder di conversation will get..and then yuh will find mistakes happening..not worth it...i was surprised when i was asked but mi just tek it as dem a do dem job..and keep it moving

and if u get turned back at the POE i thinnk u have to get on the airline u took ? not just jump on any other one going in ur direction ? :)

Edited by Hotlegz

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Hey Jax,

I'm good thanks..23 wks now...i'm marking x's righ about now..mi ready..thanks for asking

How r u and the family...is the baby sleeping ..how's she doing ?

Awesome!! More than half way there. She will be here before you know it. I am glad to hear that you are doing good. :star:

We are doing great. She doesn't sleep more than 3 hours so I am pretty tried must of the time. We applied for her passport today. We will be going to Jamaica on her 3rd month birthday.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

The sad thing is my sister in law was 3 months pregnant with her second child and she just miscarried yesterday.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.